how do i get more coaches?

My board has rather shrewdly set my allocation of coaches at 23, and i currently have 23 in my employment. However i am trying to sign a couple more world class coaches but the board keeps blocking this is their a way round it?

Other than getting a new board/chairman I think your other option is reputation. If you win your league/cups/CL (may take more than once to boost it enough) your 23 limit may raise.

OK, so what about us lower level clubs. My board is limiting me to three coaches, and I could really use a fourth. Is the only way to get this to gain promotion/win the league/stuff like that? Can I trade a scout for a coach?

yes you need promotion ----> higher reputation ----> more coaches

no you can't trade staff spots, unfortunatley

I've never found a need for that many coaches. I have been frustrated with the limit on scouts though. I'm limited to 18 and despite continual success and great finances it will not budge. I know 18 sounds like plenty, but it is just two short of the number of scouting regions there are. I'd love to be able to just leave one scout in each region and not have to move them about or use the 'world' scouting option.

Has anyone managed to extent their number of scouts beyond 18?

My board has rather shrewdly set my allocation of coaches at 23, and i currently have 23 in my employment. However i am trying to sign a couple more world class coaches but the board keeps blocking this is their a way round it?

Sack some of the coaches you already have and the board should let you sign some better ones but as others have mentioned you really dont need as many as 23. What are you doing with them anyway I would be interested in finding this out.

Another trick is to look at your coaches and see if any of them can also be assistant managers. If you offer them a contract as an assistant manager they will still take on coaching, but you will free a space up so you can hire another coach. For some reason the board don't set a limit on the number of assistant managers you can have.

Another trick is to look at your coaches and see if any of them can also be assistant managers. If you offer them a contract as an assistant manager they will still take on coaching, but you will free a space up so you can hire another coach. For some reason the board don't set a limit on the number of assistant managers you can have.

My board did.

I think the limit does not work if you sign one of your retiring players as a coach. I had a limit of 8 and it was full. My 35 year old fringe player decided to become a coach, I tried to offer him a contract just for the fun of it and eventually I could sign him as ninth coach.

I've never found a need for that many coaches. I have been frustrated with the limit on scouts though. I'm limited to 18 and despite continual success and great finances it will not budge. I know 18 sounds like plenty, but it is just two short of the number of scouting regions there are. I'd love to be able to just leave one scout in each region and not have to move them about or use the 'world' scouting option.

Has anyone managed to extent their number of scouts beyond 18?

I have room for 22 in my Man City save. Only have around 15 though I think.

i have 26 coaches which is only just enough.

As i have a lot of players, to keep the training workload low i have 2 coaches for every training area. I have the rest working solely as youth coaches to make sure the other coaches are not overburdened.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived