Taking a knock

I was wondering, usually when one of your players gets the green icon of carrying a knock, and you keep him for the rest of the game, he tends to be out for several weeks.

But when it comes to the PC players, this doesn't happen. In a game against United, Michael Owen not only carried a knock since the 20th minute, having played with 50% all the game, but also outran all my defenders who were faster to begin with, and made an assist to a late goal (and by late I mean the referee gave 3 minutes after 90 and Rooney scored on the 94th.)

So, not only the taking a knock issue, but also the added time AND late goals despite my team defending and wasting time.

Really, I can't even picture the kind of insanity a LLManager goes through, more power to them, because some of these - I don't want to call them bugs because they're just "weird"? things - are just madness...

When a player gets an GREEN icon (;)), pause the game and click on the player name to go to his profile. You should be able to see what type of injury he's got. If its Thigh or Foot or head injury, try to substitute him - that knock can aggravate further. If it's written like 'Upper body injury' or 'arm injury', keep him in the field, that injury won't keep him out of business for weeks.

When a player gets an GREEN icon (;)), pause the game and click on the player name to go to his profile. You should be able to see what type of injury he's got. If its Thigh or Foot or head injury, try to substitute him - that knock can aggravate further. If it's written like 'Upper body injury' or 'arm injury', keep him in the field, that injury won't keep him out of business for weeks.

never thought of that :p

back to the original poster, i tend to sub the players if they get condition below 60% in the first half and i dont really care if he's injury is a minor one, i want to defend my players from long term affections

I was wondering, usually when one of your players gets the green icon of carrying a knock, and you keep him for the rest of the game, he tends to be out for several weeks.

Mine aren't.

Yes sometimes they are injured after the game. I would estimate maybe around 50% of occasions and even then the injuries vary from a couple of days to a couple of months.

I see, and I didn't mean it happens every time, what I was trying to say is that the difference between your players and AI ones are sometimes what causes the game to "lose" some of it's fun..?

I don't know if I'm getting the point across haha

Talking about knocks.

I never really understood the difference between players receiving a knock getting a green cross, and players receiving a knock without the green cross.

Especially since the players who never gets the green cross seems to be out of action longer, and more often than those with a green cross; if you understand what i mean.

Shouldn't all those players get a green cross during the match?

If not, what is actually the difference?

I look at the fitness of the player in question, have the game set up that way, and if the player is not too far below where I expect him to be at that point in the game I leave him on, if his fitness goes up also that is a good sign. Alternatively if the player's fitnes is well down it is a sign that he needs to be off. This also applies if there is no green cross.

I look at the fitness of the player in question, have the game set up that way, and if the player is not too far below where I expect him to be at that point in the game I leave him on, if his fitness goes up also that is a good sign. Alternatively if the player's fitnes is well down it is a sign that he needs to be off. This also applies if there is no green cross.

I would agree with that and tends to be the rule of thumb I follow.

I didn't know you could do that. :o

• 2 months later...
Does anyone have an clear anwer on my question, pos #7?

Would be very helpful if someone did.

Not exactly sure - but I do know that if yr player has a "cross" next to his name, and you've used all yr subs you can haul him off - to protect him. But without a cross, and no subs left, you can't take him off the pitch...

Archived