fm2010 - Is media going to be ignored again!?

well i hope so i quote...

Sports Interactive has been made aware via the vibrant Football Manager community that the addition of big new features in the last few releases has come at the expense of attention to existing areas of the game and solving long standing issues.

With this in mind, Sports Interactive has spent the last year working closely with consumers and the Football Manager community to implement key improvements to this year’s game. Football Manager 2010 features new tools and changes across the board including some big additions to improve ease of use, navigation and feedback from the game with the introduction of a brand new match tactics system, the debut of a Match Analysis tool, a completely new look and new User Interface among other features.

if they are focusing on long standing problems then this should be majorly improved rather than ignored

Sports Interactive has been made aware via the vibrant Football Manager community that the addition of big new features in the last few releases has come at the expense of attention to existing areas of the game and solving long standing issues.

With this in mind, Sports Interactive has spent the last year working closely with consumers and the Football Manager community to implement key improvements to this year’s game. Football Manager 2010 features new tools and changes across the board including some big additions to improve ease of use, navigation and feedback from the game with the introduction of a brand new match tactics system, the debut of a Match Analysis tool, a completely new look and new User Interface among other features.

if they are focusing on long standing problems then this should be majorly improved rather than ignored

if they're dealing with long standing problems, then the media module needs to wait a while as they're still working on tactics & transfers from this and last years versions while training also needs a major overhaul. Those three things have been problematic for longer than the media module has been in the game.

so we have a tactical overhaul and a new skin that doesn't look great and "polish" yet one of the main things the games needs is a new media engine

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=140745

Yes. They will ignore it again. Because they've announced every feature for FM10 already and it was not included.

Seriously though, if you read the announcement from SI you'll notice the disclaimer that they are only slowly going to announce the new features/upgrades. Also note that they will only answer questions relating to the specific features/upgrades they've already mentioned. So patience, all will be revealed in due time.

I dont wanna raise my hope on it,to me one of the biggest pleasure on the game would be on media interation but I think so far after all these years SI still not able to pull it off. I certainly hope fm10 would improve this area A LOT but im not counting on it

I'm not sure if you've noticed but it says "among other features" which may mean they have changed the media aspect of the game.

This is not to boycey but to everyone moaning about not changing the media.

The announcement;

What you’ve seen on the feature lists today is the start of announcements about this years releases. As always, we’ve got a few tricks up our sleeves and I’ll start blogging properly about them, with more screenshots and (hopefully) some videos too over the coming weeks.

Did anyone actually read it?

The announcement;

Did anyone actually read it?

Does it specifically mention the media there? So it is a posssiblity that the media has not been revamped, the thread starter asked a question - is the media going to be ingored again - he didnt say it was going to be.

I think the media is far more importnant that a useless tactics update.

It's a possibility that a picture of a turd will appear on the menu screen when I click preferences, should I open a thread and speculate about it?

The fact that the media interface has been guff for a few releases makes it not being improved a bit more likely than your turdy menu.

The fact that the media interface has been guff for a few releases makes it not being improved a bit more likely than your turdy menu.

At least half of that is subjective, not sure about the rest ;) Attempts have been made to improve media, a selection of the community haven't seen it as an improvement, you equate that to the likelihood of no improvements being made in FM10? That's quite a jump, i'm looking forward to hearing how you came to that conclusion.

At least half of that is subjective, not sure about the rest ;) Attempts have been made to improve media, a selection of the community haven't seen it as an improvement, you equate that to the likelihood of no improvements being made in FM10? That's quite a jump, i'm looking forward to hearing how you came to that conclusion.

I made no conclusion, just speculated and hoped that it would be improved. I think it is one of the few things lacking with FM at the moment.

I made no conclusion, just speculated and hoped that it would be improved. I think it is one of the few things lacking with FM at the moment.

I concur. However, I think it's a bit early for threads like this to appear. Seems like the OP has jumped the gun a little, as have a number of people considering the annoucnements haven't finished yet.

He did seem to make the assumption that media was being ignored.

When really it seems that he ignored the actual announcement.

The one major thing I think needs to change is the ability for press conferences to single-handedly wreck your team's confidence. Too much influence.

They have far too much influence both ways. In the same way I don't want my side wrecked by them I also don't want them "powered up".

Ass man all the way for me

Even if they announced that the media was to be vastly impoved i'd still take it with a pinch of salt as they've said before a number of new releases that improvements will be made and it still remains crap.

It's quite a lonely experience on FM these days managing your team as due to the poor media you never really know whats going on in the footballing world apart from in your own team.

Improvements have been made, in terms of additions. Whether they improve the game or not is subjective. It's a slow process getting features right, people do expect too much, too quickly, but i've been relatively pleased with the additions that have been made in recent years (considering they are new and works in progress).

They have far too much influence both ways. In the same way I don't want my side wrecked by them I also don't want them "powered up".

Ass man all the way for me

Or alternatively remove them completely and they will have neither effect. Whoever thought that repetitive teamtalks and press conferences would be fun and a worthwhile addition to the game needs sacking tbh...

Archived