Too many injuries!

I am managing Inter Milan, have not messed with the training, left everyone on general with medium intensity and still keep getting loads of injuries during the match. Usually have 2-3 injuries per game. This is crazy. Please make sure injuries are ok for fm10. Does anyone else have this problem too?

yeah i am patched to 9.3. Still have lots of problems, I dont play players unless they are at least 94% fit, kept the training on general and medium, havent bought obvious injury prone players like owen, dyer etc, they just pick up injuries during matches.

I agree not as many injuries as pre 9.3 patch but i still believe it is still unrealistic. Glad i can afford to have a 1st team squad of about 30 players or I would be struggling to put a team together!

Interesting, I have a squad of 24 players all at maximum intensity training and rarely have more than 3 or 4 players out injured at any one time. Right now in 15th of December and slap bang in the middle of a congested fixture list I have one guy out for 2 weeks with an in-match muscle pull, one guy out for 5 days with concussion from training and another guy out for 2 days with the flu.

I tend to find that training ground injuries are most likely to occur if the players have been on holiday or have been not training for some reason and then return to an intensive schedule. It is wise to ease them into a tough schedule if they have been out for a while. I also find that the majority of in-match injuries come from tackles from behind or the side, with the occasional pulled muscle after a sprint etc.

Have you by any chance played some relatively injury-prone players in a match against high dirtiness opposition and played direct balls to players told to HUB? I find that to a be a recipe for injuries and think twice about playing my injury susceptible players with their backs to some hack merchant. Holding your ground for a header against a guy rushing in from behind is a sure-fire test of injury-proneness.

To me here there are two few injuries. I barely have to rotate my team, and the only way i can let some players get a few games is by making stupid/useless substitutions, instead of some other substitution that could be more useful. Still those players (mostly backup defenders) get slightly more than 10 league games a season.

Doesn't help that wingers get so tired during matches, so it's always a certain thing that i'll have to sub at least one of them in every match. which leave less room for other players.

I find that if you have a couple of good quality fitness coaches then it help cut down the amount of injuries that a team will get during a season. I agree with Neji though that you should get the 9.3.0 patch if you havent already got it as this does seem to help with the amount of injuries that a team gets over the course of a season.

I have now officially given up on FM 2009 after 5 years of enjoyable gaming. The reason is quite simple; in three seasons with Aston Villa I have NEVER ONCE been able to introduce all three subs based on the game stand or to change tactics, every single game has seen forced substitutions due to injuries aquired during the game!!!

My training & tactics are completley normal and still this **** keeps happening, if this game is intended to mirror real life professional football it has failed badly, I once had to substitute three players in the first 20 minutes of a game due to "the injury was caused by" "...has taken a knock", "he collided with...", it just isnt any fun anymore

I have now officially given up on FM 2009 after 5 years of enjoyable gaming. The reason is quite simple; in three seasons with Aston Villa I have NEVER ONCE been able to introduce all three subs based on the game stand or to change tactics, every single game has seen forced substitutions due to injuries aquired during the game!!!

My training & tactics are completley normal and still this **** keeps happening, if this game is intended to mirror real life professional football it has failed badly, I once had to substitute three players in the first 20 minutes of a game due to "the injury was caused by" "...has taken a knock", "he collided with...", it just isnt any fun anymore

Merged this with existing topic on the first page - no need for two topics on the same issue to be active at the same time.

I'm playing in a second league in Colombia, my whole budget is 30K and I have a board limit of 3 coaches, and 1 physio, so having more than one fitness is hard, I have tried with the default custom and download training schedules, I try to never let my players dip below 70% stamina, and rest the most tired ones.

Yet, I have at least one "crysis" per season where 6-10 players will be out injured, AI teams are usually around the same numbers, so I guess that level a little bit the field, yet, it doesn't seem realistic, sadly, FM 2009 is the only football manager simulation with the Colombian second league, so I think I'll have to live with it until I have a better option, or the calculation is adjusted :(

I think the issue here is some people taking players off who get knocks who can carry on playing.

Quite often a player will get a knock and their condition will drop, but then will rise back up again as they run it off - not always, but I would say in the majority of the time (in my game) the players can play on fine. Only about 50% of the time do they have a niggle after the game which keeps them out for a few days.

Seems pretty realistic to me.....

I think the issue here is some people taking players off who get knocks who can carry on playing.

Quite often a player will get a knock and their condition will drop, but then will rise back up again as they run it off - not always, but I would say in the majority of the time (in my game) the players can play on fine. Only about 50% of the time do they have a niggle after the game which keeps them out for a few days.

Seems pretty realistic to me.....

I do agree with the above but I also suspect there was an issue when you patched from 9.2 to 9.3 mid season.

This issue seemed to subside once you either started a new game or started a new season.

How can you not know how to install a downloaded patch? If you got it via steam the download is automatic and if you downloaded the file, you double click on it.

It is more difficult to sign up to this forum than to install a patch to FM!

I think a lot of gamers do not realise the REAL extent of injuries in real life. Most teams will constantly have 2-3 players out per game, even if they are backups etc. There are a lot of injuries with 9.0.3, but mainly, these injuries are only 1-10 day knocks and quite realistic. However, there are a few injuries that last too long in my opinion, especially elbow, arm etc injuries keeping players our for even over a month - when it doesnt happen in real life.

I do agree with the above but I also suspect there was an issue when you patched from 9.2 to 9.3 mid season.

This issue seemed to subside once you either started a new game or started a new season.

Most probably true as well. The sentence that started me thinking about knocks was:

I once had to substitute three players in the first 20 minutes of a game due to "the injury was caused by" "...has taken a knock", "he collided with...",

All of which indicate knocks rather then injuries.

Archived