With all the Cm hype will si come out with FM2010 early?

That match engine defensively is hilarious. Whilst it was only March when he says the defensive side needs polished he wasn't joking. 11:39 where a defender runs onto the ball under no pressure whatsoever and punts it out for a corner to Genk :D

Anyway to answer your question, probably not, but nice try. There is no release date for CM yet anyway. The one thing I do like about that video is the training, with the percentage chance of attribute increase. Explains what every training setting will do visually rather nicely, why can't we have the same, rather than smoke and mirrors? I don't think it's good enough to just have to mouseover and be greeted with "Strength Training. Improves players Stamina, Strength etc." Et cetera? That helps.

Personally i think it's silly to consider ourselves as FM "FANS". We are the gamers, the "customers". I am an Arsenal fans. Whether they play well or not, they are in top 4 or bottom 4, I will still be their fan.

when comes to the game though, I simply buy which one is the BEST. At the moment, and for the past decade or so, when comes to football management game, nothing beat FM. therefore i bought FM every year. I tried FIFAM before, but it was like a one night stand - you are attracted by the "look" of it, but get tired of it soon afterward.

yet with everything, it's better to have CHOICES. so the competition from CM is good. for all of us. some of the FM diehards would dismiss everything about other games. I'd keep an open mind about it myself. If they are better, I have no problem to drop FM for CM. if FM proves to be still being the best, then I will stick by FM.

the release day IMO is not an issue. if a game is crap, it doesn't matter they come out on August or March, it ain't make any difference. One thing i hope though - whatever FM does, stop treating the gamers like testers. We are the CUSTOMERS, we are not supposed to test the game for you (so that u can push the game out to the market early to grab the cash) and have to wait for the patch to soft things out. It is just not right.

I dont' care if FM is going to release on February. I want to have a game which is in good shape by the time i laid by hand on it, with as little bugs as possible.

the release day IMO is not an issue. if a game is crap, it doesn't matter they come out on August or March, it ain't make any difference. One thing i hope though - whatever FM does, stop treating the gamers like testers. We are the CUSTOMERS, we are not supposed to test the game for you (so that u can push the game out to the market early to grab the cash) and have to wait for the patch to soft things out. It is just not right.

I dont' care if FM is going to release on February. I want to have a game which is in good shape by the time i laid by hand on it, with as little bugs as possible.

I think you'd find it would be an issue if CM or FM came out in March, seeing as the footballing season would be almost over here and in other countries. Whilst you might pay £30 for a game in March that starts off a year earlier and will be out of date in 3 months (waiting 6 months for the summer transfer window to close to get an update), I think a lot of others would disagree. Ideally I think most people would like the game to be out as soon as the transfer window closes, so they can have the most up to date squads. People get excited with all the summer transfers after all and want to play as teams as a result of what happens over the summer, and not have to wait near the end of the current season before they can play. Of course not everyone thinks like this, but people vote with their wallets.

Personally i think it's silly to consider ourselves as FM "FANS". We are the gamers, the "customers". I am an Arsenal fans. Whether they play well or not, they are in top 4 or bottom 4, I will still be their fan.

when comes to the game though, I simply buy which one is the BEST. At the moment, and for the past decade or so, when comes to football management game, nothing beat FM. therefore i bought FM every year. I tried FIFAM before, but it was like a one night stand - you are attracted by the "look" of it, but get tired of it soon afterward.

yet with everything, it's better to have CHOICES. so the competition from CM is good. for all of us. some of the FM diehards would dismiss everything about other games. I'd keep an open mind about it myself. If they are better, I have no problem to drop FM for CM. if FM proves to be still being the best, then I will stick by FM.

Couldn't agree more. I hope CM is the best ever management game, so SI Games will be pushed to make an even better game. Although I have no doubt in SI Games that they can make that game and CM has a lot to prove.

We are the CUSTOMERS, we are not supposed to test the game for you and have to wait for the patch to soft things out. It is just not right.

Agreed!

I think the reason people are complaining on these forums this much is because they are disappointed by the game. TBH I haven't played a long-term enjoyable FM game since FM06. Each year after that I've hoped for an improvement upon that game, but that just hasn't happened.

IMHO despite features and "features" being added to the game, I haven't seen a real improvement from a player's point of view. With FM09 I feel like I don't understand the tactics anymore and the game is much, much slower and unresponsive.

That's why I won't blindly buy this year's copy of FM as I've done over the past couple of years. I'll wait to see what FM10 will turn out like and also what this new CM will look like.

Wont be buying FM10 first time since 1992 and felt the past 2 editions have not caught my imagination or floated my boat. Will try the demo of CM09 first before buying the full version but looks like being a good game by the new features it has and hopefully it will give SI a kick up the backside as there past 2 attempts of a improvement have been poor.

i knew that this would kick people into defensive mode as most people are kind of afraid to admit that FM might not be the monopoly it once was and alot of people are frustrated and angry at the fact that the last 2 editions of FM havent lived up to expectations. If it wasnt that Wolves (the club i support) had got promoted, then i wouldnt consider buying FM2010 and still it has to really shock me and excite me to consider buying it as i feel that CM09 looks very strong this year. But i agree with cynet that SI need a kick up the backside as i feel they've got comfortable and maybe havent really pushed the game enough. But i dont work behind the scenes so i guess i cant really comment but surely after having a year + on the match engine and theres still loads of bugs and then CM come out with a match engine thats 80% better you have to start asking questions. Plus the very fact that so many threads are about the new CM and what it means for FM just shows that CM09 will be a strong contender this year.

Only annoying thing about CM is that wasnt this game meant to be this season just gones game?? And if i buy it and really enjoy it can i really trust them to release another game the season after next or will they take another break?

Will try demo though.

CM comes out late, everybody says "I wish SI would do this, delay the release and polish the features rather than releasing a game".

Now you want it out early? It doesn't work both ways, unfortunately.

i knew that this would kick people into defensive mode as most people are kind of afraid to admit that FM might not be the monopoly it once was and alot of people are frustrated and angry at the fact that the last 2 editions of FM havent lived up to expectations. If it wasnt that Wolves (the club i support) had got promoted, then i wouldnt consider buying FM2010 and still it has to really shock me and excite me to consider buying it as i feel that CM09 looks very strong this year. But i agree with cynet that SI need a kick up the backside as i feel they've got comfortable and maybe havent really pushed the game enough. But i dont work behind the scenes so i guess i cant really comment but surely after having a year + on the match engine and theres still loads of bugs and then CM come out with a match engine thats 80% better you have to start asking questions. Plus the very fact that so many threads are about the new CM and what it means for FM just shows that CM09 will be a strong contender this year.

I disagree, that video does not make it look strong at all, all it shows is a few new features that the final game will have and a defensively defective match engine. If I worked for SI I would not be quaking in my boots at this point at all. A few of you seem to be sensationalising what little you have seen from that early video in the hope that FM will get off their behind and stop being so lazy with certain aspects of the game or whatever. It seems a little pointless to be pushing your weight about at this stage where nothing much is known about FM and CM gives no clue of a release date yet.

http://gamereactor.co.uk/grtv/?id=4210 if u watch this video i think it's fair to say that CM09 looks very interesting and looks like a genuine contender with Fm2010. with CM coming out early about new features etc will SI come out with FM2010 early about announcing new features to make sure they can keep the ball in their court?

CM has been all hype with nothing delivered ever since the split from SI. From what I've seen of it might be getting back into Fifa Manager's league, but glossy features don't make up for a more than likely broken game (based on previous attempts)

CM comes out late, everybody says "I wish SI would do this, delay the release and polish the features rather than releasing a game".

Now you want it out early? It doesn't work both ways, unfortunately.

I was only speaking for myself there i have never had any qualms with the release date of SI. Im happy with the time SI release FM. And cmon we arent talking about a 'delay' IIRC this is meant to be the season just gones game but now they say it is going to have data for next season when again (seem to remember this being posted) apparently they are going to release the game before FM10. That would surely mean that they would have to release it before the 'dust has settled' on the transfer window and so they would have to release a patch purely for data purposes let alone any bugs etc. So IMHO thats the big leveller; both games are probably going to be patch reliant.

Archived