Major flaw in the transfer system?

By some miracle i've just managed to negotiate a transfer with Valencia whereby they will give me £15 million after the player im selling them plays ONE game!!

Rochina.jpg

First off I offered him to them for 2 million (as well as the £4m straight up) after one appearance, just out of cheek really beacuase I didnt really want to sell him, was just testing the water. They accepted so I cancelled that one and changed it to 4 million, then 6, then 10 and eventually £15 million, at which point they wouldnt go any higher.

This is all the stranger because they wont give me anymore than £4 million straight up and he isnt really that good.

Anyways just thought this was strange and was wondering if anyone else has been able to do a transfer like this?

Thanks

Problem would occur if he never plays for them

£15M just gone

True but I can't imagine him not playing at least one game. Also, I would have sold him for the £4 million WITHOUT the clause anyway so its a win win situation.

I would have sold him for the £4 million WITHOUT the clause anyway so its a win win situation.

its all good saying that but they just agreed to pay up what you negoiated, so how would they know that you would have sold him for £4M

its all good saying that but they just agreed to pay up what you negoiated, so how would they know that you would have sold him for £4M

Yes but 15 million for just one game? I think the installment section needs to be looked at by SI for the next version. You can sell players for ridiculous amounts and almost double your transfer budget using the monthly installment option

Really? You are going to try to rationalise this piece of transfer market nonsense as being somehow realistic?

The truth is that SI have never had a fully functional transfer negotiation system. Oh sure, if you are doing straight cash-for-player deals you can enjoy a pretty sharp and realistic experience, but start offering clauses such as the above in your transfers and the computer gets all befuddled.

The point was that they wouldn't pay above £4M in cash, but accepted to pay an extra £15M for a silly clause. That's what's unrealistic.

Really? You are going to try to rationalise this piece of transfer market nonsense as being somehow realistic?

The truth is that SI have never had a fully functional transfer negotiation system. Oh sure, if you are doing straight cash-for-player deals you can enjoy a pretty sharp and realistic experience, but start offering clauses such as the above in your transfers and the computer gets all befuddled.

Im not defending it but you crnt say "i would have sold him for £4 million" in one sentence and "I didnt really want to sell him, was just testing the water. They accepted so I cancelled that one and changed it to 4 million, then 6, then 10 and eventually £15 million" in another sentence because then your contradicting yourself

I know, I'll make a topic saying how stupid the transfers are on FM because Real Madrid, enquired about Mikel Arteta and i negotiated 25M and they paid it! the stupid bastards i would have sold him for 15M really!!!!!! dont be stupid the game crnt be Sycick, if they think the player is good enough they will pay whatever you negotiate

Im not defending it but you crnt say "i would have sold him for £4 million" in one sentence and "I didnt really want to sell him, was just testing the water. They accepted so I cancelled that one and changed it to 4 million, then 6, then 10 and eventually £15 million" in another sentence because then your contradicting yourself

I know, I'll make a topic saying how stupid the transfers are on FM because Real Madrid, enquired about Mikel Arteta and i negotiated 25M and they paid it! the stupid bastards i would have sold him for 15M really!!!!!! dont be stupid the game crnt be Sycick, if they think the player is good enough they will pay whatever you negotiate

I think you are just looking for an argument, no club in the world would pay £4 million and then agree to pay £15 million on top after 1 game it would not happen simple as that. What the hell does Sycick mean?

It's not unreasonable that a player like that might go for £19m, I suppose. The £4m and £15m after one game might be a good way of safeguarding Valencia against the player's getting a sudden injury.

Bizarre how this thread has gone off track!!!

A) It's a £2m rated player.

B) He's gone for essentially £19m.

The OP is right - it probably is a bug, but I don't know where in the game engine it is that's allowed it to happen - because essentially it could just be a very stupid Valencia negotiation!

Tis a complete balls up of "psychic" I would imagine

congratulations you can spell! I actualy typed it the way you did and i didnt look right so i typed it in google and 'Sycick' came up along with a **** load of other spellings lol

congratulations you can spell! I actualy typed it the way you did and i didnt look right so i typed it in google and 'Sycick' came up along with a **** load of other spellings lol

Thanks, it's not often I get congratulated for something that most other people also possess

FWIW, I googled "Sycick" and it says "Did you mean Psychic?" and the 1st result is the Wiki entry for Psychic, so god knows where you got that spelling from

He may only be worth 2 million now but that's probably only because of his (currently) low reputation. For a 21 year old he looks pretty damn good to me and I can see why Valencia would be willing to invest 19 million on him.

Of course, I don't deny that there definitely is a flaw with the transfer system in that it allows you to test the water like you said, but 19 million for a (currently) 2 million-worth player isn't all that inconceivable if you go by that logic.

Yeah there are a lot of loopholes in the clauses......For example, you can sell young players, perhaps already have a couple of caps under their belt, and sell them for an initial £0 but put the clause after 1 international appearance......KERCHING!........£40 Million.........But this ruins the game for me as I consider it cheating. Also, you can buy players for £0 or at least a fraction of the value. Just put After 50 League goals you'll pay £40 mill, After 50 league appearances you'll pay £40mill and so long as it's their, After 20 international appearances pay £40 mill.........Effectively your offering £120mill.......certainly something a a club can't take lightly.....Keep trying this and if you get rejected with the first offer, raise the initial fee, even if the club wishes to negotiate a new deal simply increase the intial fee and they'll accept. Note: Get rid of this player before any of the clauses are fully completed, therefore a first team player is only really effective for about a season n a half....Therefore you could look at this as a way of loaning the very best players and not having to pay a lot. I used to do this when i was younger and this has always been there. The player you showed in a screenshot i feel i could have sold for more.....a lot more lol.......But then again now I choose not to do this as it takes the realism out of the game which is really why everyone loves the game in the first place. Anyway something to know about......Enjoy :)

Archived