Why?,..Oh, Why.....? (a kit selection issue)

I cannot believe it, am patched 9.02 and as Altrincham when I play at home to Kettering (also red kit) I end up playing in my away kit. It could not be less realistic a representation of that fixture, being in the wrong kits.

I do love the game but this is a real annoyance.

This was an issue with FM08 (with QPR) which pure laziness on someone's part prevented from being resolved for 09, apparantly.

By the way if this is fixed on 9.03 then that begs the question, how did it take 3 parches to fix?

It's not a bug, it happens because Kettering's home kit is red, away kit is white/red, and no third kit. Altrincham's home kit is red/white, which means it clashes with all of Kettering's kits, therefore Altrincham are forced to wear a changed kit.

It happened in real life the other week, when Aston Villa played at home to West Ham and had to wear all white because West Ham's kit was too similar to Villa's home kit.

Report it as a bug if you consider it to be so and it may well be looked at- it wont be in here.

I appreciate what you are saying but:

A/ I did on FM08 - it still is an issue

B/ Some posters (eg TigerJoe) seem to think that this happens "in real life", I would suggest that as a standard event it does not happen in the BSP! (only European games or when a kit man makes an error, or when a special kit is promoted by the home club, none of which apply in this case I imagine!!)...or am I totally wrong?

C/ If it was reported for FM08 (which it was, I did it) and it was not transferred to FM09 as a fix,... and FM09 is to have no more patches (which it will not) then what is the point fo reporting it AGAIN in a bug forum for what is effectively a post-full development game?, as clearly "fixes" are not transferred across releases.

I hope you can see my point!

I am hoping the weight of current opinion, if I have encouraged it, will positively effect FM10.

B/ Some posters (eg TigerJoe) seem to think that this happens "in real life", I would suggest that as a standard event it does not happen in the BSP! (only European games or when a kit man makes an error, or when a special kit is promoted by the home club, none of which apply in this case I imagine!!)...or am I totally wrong?

C/ If it was reported for FM08 (which it was, I did it) and it was not transferred to FM09 as a fix,... and FM09 is to have no more patches (which it will not) then what is the point fo reporting it AGAIN in a bug forum for what is effectively a post-full development game?, as clearly "fixes" are not transferred across releases.

I am hoping the weight of current opinion, if I have encouraged it, will positively effect FM10.

I suggest you read post #4 (my post)again. It's not a bug, so doesn't need fixing. And it does happen in real life, more than you would think.

i have another starnge problem, while managing Southampton and i play Crystal palace away my kit will change to a white and black one, Southampton dont even have a white and black kit!

I suggest you read post #4 (my post)again. It's not a bug, so doesn't need fixing. And it does happen in real life, more than you would think.

Whoops! Apologies for that, when i started writing what was to become Post 5 , Post 4 had not popped up on my screen, hence I missed the Kettering specific circumstances whislt composing. Am thoroughly in agreement with you now. Was a problem with FM08, hence I suspected it a problem with FM09 but thats all in the Past.

Am glad i didnt go to bugs forum now!

On a positive note, last years game had the Spurs cenetenary kits (v's Villa) which I was very impressed with.

Cheers Kenco.

Easy tiger ;)

It does happen, albeit rarely in real life, because of kit clashes between home or away kits.

So it's not really a bug, as Kettering (and other teams this happens against as Altrincham, who as you know I've played as...), don't have a suitably alternative 3rd strip to prevent it happening.

Therefore it would be far worse if the two teams played in kits than clashed in one way or another.

I do see your point to a certain extent, as have the other posters. More appropriate if you feel it's a considerable issue would be to find out if the effected teams actually have 3rd kits or not that would likely be used as alternatives and suggest their inclusion in FM10. In fairness, you're not likely to find that out for certain yet, because I imagine a lot of teams will have new kits next season.

So, calm down. Take a deep breath and just enjoy your surge to success with Altrincham and the players I suggested. :)

Unfortunately, it was not a centenary kit but a 125 year kit b/c some idiot thought 125 was a 'big occasion', the team got fussed over it and, if not for a large dollop of luck, we would have been battered by Villa.

Easy tiger ;)

It does happen, albeit rarely in real life, because of kit clashes between home or away kits.

So it's not really a bug, as Kettering (and other teams this happens against as Altrincham, who as you know I've played as...), don't have a suitably alternative 3rd strip to prevent it happening.

Therefore it would be far worse if the two teams played in kits than clashed in one way or another.

I do see your point to a certain extent, as have the other posters. More appropriate if you feel it's a considerable issue would be to find out if the effected teams actually have 3rd kits or not that would likely be used as alternatives and suggest their inclusion in FM10. In fairness, you're not likely to find that out for certain yet, because I imagine a lot of teams will have new kits next season.

So, calm down. Take a deep breath and just enjoy your surge to success with Altrincham and the players I suggested. :)

Totally agree, and am loving the Altrincham game!, though I have had problems sorting the backroom staff. Ironic that I made that fuss, it was the kits that drew me to Altrincham in the first place.

So now, and not complaining, I should like to see Man City's kit "banner fonts" represented as dark grey on sky blue (white is a bit light!). And the Barcelona (red and blue) flashing issue needs some thought I think, am not joking when I say that Im sure it could trigger attacks in borderline epileptics - if medically that is how triggers engage?. FM09 has improved this issue generally over all previous versions though I think. Thats it, no more kit talk!

Unfortunately, it was not a centenary kit but a 125 year kit b/c some idiot thought 125 was a 'big occasion', the team got fussed over it and, if not for a large dollop of luck, we would have been battered by Villa.

We had a 125 year kit last year - we wore it every away game from about October - and never lost

Problem was, it was dreadful, and we had to get rid

In real life the BSP forced Cambridge United to produce a third kit to play away at Torquay. Cambridge's home kit is amber and black stripes, away white. Torquay's is yellow at home, away white. The only combination of those kits that didn't clash was Torquay's away and Cambridge's home, but Cambridge had to produce a third kit (blue btw) so Torquay could wear their home kit.

In real life the BSP forced Cambridge United to produce a third kit to play away at Torquay. Cambridge's home kit is amber and black stripes, away white. Torquay's is yellow at home, away white. The only combination of those kits that didn't clash was Torquay's away and Cambridge's home, but Cambridge had to produce a third kit (blue btw) so Torquay could wear their home kit.

That opens a deeper IRL question:

Why dont teams 2nd or 3rd kits reflct the exact opposite of the "home" kit? I suspect the answer, it often would be a similar kit to a rival (can you see Portsmouth wearing red & white stripes?), and commercial factors weigh in too. But as an eg Ipswich & Everton in the 70's both had a yellow shirts/dk blue shorts 2nd kit. I can see no reason why that should have ever changed,.... but should they ever play a team in yellow/blue, hoops/stripes, why not have an all red 3rd kit? Common sense I say!

Well, these days you don't tend to hear fans singing...

"Who's the <alternative word for a person with no father> in the black"

They wear all sorts of colours these days. I'm sure they're secretly sponsored by Bennetton.

Archived