Monday's All Nighter

Got edged out of the Champions League places with some ridiculous results against Juve and Roma in my first season with AC Milan - injuries to my first choice strikers didn't help either! So I'm rebuilding the team now, had a cool £97m to spend in the summer so I'm looking forward to unleashing my new-look team on Serie A and Europe :)

I changed the tactic and brought in a young regen striker and also Diarra and De Jong as well as other defenders

I rebuilt my defence and strikeforce for £50m, and fixed the midfield with the money I got last year! Nothing to do with the other half of my budget...

Well ive been playing FM a fair bit since i wrapped up this morning (with a 6-0 thumping of Falkirk)

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1277/falkirkowned.jpg

Since then the results have been

H 3-1 Livingston

H 4-0 Hamilton

H 3-1 Spartak Moscow (Champions league)

A 3-2 Hibs

A 1-0 Arsenal (Champions league) (holidayed it again... and won again... somehow)

extratimegoals.jpg

A 1-0 Motherwell

H 4-2 B. Jerusalem (Champions league)

H 3-0 Dundee United

H 2-0 Falkirk

A 3-0 Kilmarnock

All wins, keep getting asked by the press if the team are overconfident.... (you think?????)

Falkirk gave me a run for my money in the 2-0 game... i only scored thanks to a Danko Lazovic header in the 82nd minute and then Steven Davis scored his 10th of the season to seal it on 90 minutes.

Ive drawn Werder in the Champions League last 16, who i lost 2-0 to and won 3-1 against last season in the group stages.

SPL table and current team (im using GKnaps tactics btw)

spl2.jpg

i've just started the season with tembisa classic trying to keep them up again but really i've added a lot of young players and shook the team up real nice and want a top eight finish. last season i was seventh halfway through the season and finished 14th, that was hard to take (16 team league).

not actauuly playing FM now as computer broke but i took over oldham with about 10 games left, who were all but relegated (11 points adrift with no wins in last 12 games. last day of the season, after going on a 8 game winning streak, i lost the game with 90+8!! minute goal. now the board are pinning all the blame on me for getting relegaton. my job status went from secure to very insecure in one day....

Hrmmm Hearts are realy pushing for a win at Tynecastle.

Before the match their manager basicly said "blah blah blah we will crush rangers and win the league"...

And they are playing rather well...

Unfortunately for them Aquino just pwned their keeper with a lob...

And as i was typing this Eggert Johnstone (sp?) just hacked Lazovic in the box... Davis scores his 12th of the season from the spot.

Hearts 0-2 Rangers so far.

And Aquino latches onto a lovely pass by Steven Smith to make it 3-0.

Anyone in here remember me posting in yesterdays thread about me losing 3-0 to Man City in the CL 1/4 finals?

Well, I won the next leg 4-0! I then beat Barca 4-1 in the semis (on agg), and played Man Utd in the final - 1-0 win!

My first CL win in season 6, not exactly impressive but very pleasing!

But I'm now in the close season with the world cup, so it takes ages to do a day and im bored...

Btw, thanks BCFCMike for making the thread a bit later ;):D

Cheers mate, was very pleased! Shame I only came 4th in the prem...

Side note, does anyone here know how the World Cup group tables are ordered? Because Tunisia and France have both won 1, drawn 1, lost 1, scored 4, conceded 4 and they drew against each other. Yet France finished higher. Any ideas why?

EDIT: Checked Wikipedia, it says

If two or more teams end up with the same number of points, tiebreakers are used: first is goal difference, then total goals scored, then head-to-head results, and finally drawing of lots (i.e. determining team positions at random)

Surely that can't be right? It's just pure luck?!!

just came back from 1-0 down at half time in a home game against supersport utd who did the league and african champions league double season before last and are worth nearly sixty times as much as me. knocking them out of the cup is about the best win of my four year spell so far with tembisa classic, a striker on off the bench to score his second and third goals of the season.

<--- having a damn good time.

Archived