Have SI limited ST's scoring?

Here's a list of my top goalscorer's in my Villa game from the last 6 seasons -

08/09 - Agbonlahor 21

09/10 - Keirrison 25

10/11 - Keirrison 23

11/12 - Agbonlahor 18

12/13 - Demba Ba 16

13/14 - Demba Ba 18

Obviously these figures are only league goals and your screenshot is showing the same and this reflects real life to be honest.

ye they seem normal to me, for me Bojan and Keirisson are genrally scoring 1 in 2, so i havn't had an issue. Although i did find it impossible to get owen to score, even martins at one point.

Here's a list of my top goalscorer's in my Villa game from the last 6 seasons -

08/09 - Agbonlahor 21

09/10 - Keirrison 25

10/11 - Keirrison 23

11/12 - Agbonlahor 18

12/13 - Demba Ba 16

13/14 - Demba Ba 18

Obviously these figures are only league goals but I think this disproves your theory.

Disproves my theory? How? The scoring average is almost the same as my screenshot.

i think squad gelling is very important for players if you have a quality player after the first season i think he ll definetly score i am managing westham and i ve finished the 1st season and carlton cole scored 20 goals 15 on the league and it didnt convince me enough so i bought gignac as his replacement but gignac never really got it going he had only 1 goal for 10 games i think you should be patience with every player if you believe he is good enough as far as i ve learned from my past teams squad gelling is tottally crucial so be patient on your players and i think the squads own player will play good but not very good if he is not a quality player you can take real life football my own team fenerbahce has alex de souza on amc and he is far best the best amc in the world for me and most of you would love him 2 years ago we had nobre as our striker alex and nobre were a good couple and they always founded themselves on the field but then we bought nicolas anelka he never really got it going cause he didnt know the system and he knew nobody but time to time he started to play very well he was getting use to our system and players he scored 5 on last 3 matches so patience is really important for knew transfers and as i said before squad gelling is crucial than ever even nicolas anelka one of the top strikers in the world couldnt get use to the system and players at first but time to time he was getting better and better one other thing you really have to look for guys that are suitable for your team like do u need a pacey passer fc or a strong guy who holds the ball up for a teammate the me is everything watch the match extended and only look at your striker or strikers and fix everything you think that must be fixed but i think this is far more exciting and enjoyable it aint that easy for your strikers to get 40 goals a season on fm08 my striker had 40 at least i was playing with a lonely striker

Disproves my theory? How? The scoring average is almost the same as my screenshot.

Yeah sorry dude I misread your OP, too many beers :p

I think those figures are pretty realistic to be fair. I mean those figures are just league goals that are shown on your screenie. If you take into consideration cup matches, some of those player may have 30+ goals.

Yeah sorry dude I misread your OP, too many beers :p

I think those figures are pretty realistic to be fair. I mean those figures are just league goals that are shown on your screenie. If you take into consideration cup matches, some of those player may have 30+ goals.

True enough. I stuck with League goals because you can end up with Rooney scoring 6 against a non-league team. I think the goals tally is more realistic too. I just wonder how SI have got it down to a tee. Many who use my tactics say they dominate and create tons of chances but even top quality ST's miss most of them. Maybe this is a deliberate thing put in by SI.

Yeah I guess your right, after a third look at your screenie shot, I finally see what you mean. God I think I need to stop drinking :p The topscorer figures are all scarily similar with only a few goals in it between some nations. I dunno if it's just coincidence or if SI have written this into the code. Good point though Tyler :thup:

My top scorer at present in my Man city save is Richar Dunne with 11 goals all from corners. I brought Santa Cruz from Blackburn and he has managed just 5 from 20 so yes I agree that srikers are finding it harder to score.

Are you utilising the corner bug by any chance? ;) I get quite alot of goals for my DC's aswell, mainly because they have excellent heading and jumping attributes.

Not for me, a season back on my recent Arsenal save Adebayor scored 20 goals in 21 in league games after being out for 3 months with an injury, and he had a 600 minute draught in the last couple of EPL games. Same with RvP, scored 35 in 45 games in all competitions or something, maybe it's just top class strikers, but I've also had Keirrison scored nearly 30 for Hull. It could just be your tactics or bad luck.

I think it is more realistic on my Sunderland game my top scorers have not had more than 30 goals. I prefer it this way although with the right player you can score alot of goals David Villa on my Valencia save got 52 goals in 52 games.

I actually think it's better, just one example. Cameron Jerome is a decent player IRL but he averages at around 10 goals a seaon however in former FM games he would easily get 15+ a season sometimes 20+. I've played two seasons on FM09 and he got 12 in the first season 8 in the next. I think the whole game is more realistic than previous FM's. It can be a pain to find a consistent goalscorer though!

It does occasionally feel as though there is a limit on goals scored. Certainly if I'm a few goals up at half-time my strikers practically refuse to put the ball in the net in the second half. Thing is, I'm still scoring lots of goals overall, but I'm only putting in roughly, I dunno, 1/3 of my CCCs. Feels a little bit low for the quality of strikers I have.

It does occasionally feel as though there is a limit on goals scored. Certainly if I'm a few goals up at half-time my strikers practically refuse to put the ball in the net in the second half. Thing is, I'm still scoring lots of goals overall, but I'm only putting in roughly, I dunno, 1/3 of my CCCs. Feels a little bit low for the quality of strikers I have.

I hear what you're saying there.

I can't quite put my finger on if it's my team-talks, any tactical changes I make or what really, as I've had matches where I'm three, four or five goals up at half-time, but can't seem to score for love nor money in the second-half. My biggest win so far in FM09 was with my Altrincham side's 7-1 battering of Bournemouth in League 2. We were 6-1 up at half-time and actually had even more shots on goal in the second-half. :eek: They would have been great in a rugby team for the conversions. :rolleyes:

Contrary to this, I've had a few games where my side have been two or three goals down at half-time and we've managed to pull the goals back and draw or even win games. In one or two matches, my side has been a couple of goals down at half-time and gone on to win 4-2 or 5-2.

Well, I guess it's true what they say...

it's a game of two halves!

i dont remember alan shearer ian wright thierry henry scoring 40 or 50 goals a season in the prem season after season they wolud get between 25 and 30 at most with some player having a mad season getting around 35.look at ronaldo last season 42 goals but not all in the league.i think they have got it spot on.anyway isnt that the hardest part of being a manager searching for a consistent goalscorer every manager would love one.my team (birmingham)have kevin phillips now their is a natrual goalscorer.

Archived