Arsenal for real?

A few things I want to say, basically Arsenal are the most overrated team in this game by far.

They are so ridiculously hard to beat, and whats worse is that in my Tottenham game every single competition I get drawn again Arsenal without a doubt.

For example, the league cup I had to get past Arsenal, Chelsea then Crystal Palace. Meanwhile the other top teams are all sitting pretty getting non league opposition and stuff like that.

I know the game is supposed to be a "challenge" but really this is just annoying.

Lastly I dont really seem to have trouble beating other "top teams". Beat man utd 3-0 and chelsea 3-0 quite regularly.

Arsenal and the bottom 5 teams are where all the lost points seem to go.

Anyone else had similar experiences when coming up again Arsenal?

Yeah same for me, they are like everywhere and win everything if you don't.

The title race in 2012 is still only between Arsenal and me 71 points for both of us while Manu is 3rd within the low 60's.

They also beat me in the carling cup and won it again like the past 4 years.......

The current argument is actually that they're not really overrated in terms of their players' abilities (they have been toned down since 9.2 patch), but it's their style of play that is overly effective in the current incarnation of the match engine. They basically play a very quick, short passing game, but they are apparently the least talented (in terms of potential ability) of the top four.

They aren't overrated--at least not to the extent (or in the sense) people think, if you read their data issues thread you would know this. The issue is that Wenger's tactical style lends itself to the match engine.

Adebayor usually averages about 40 goals a season! How realistic. :D

But that is a problem with the game isn't it? It's not hard to get your strikers to score bucketloads of goals. I've seen strikers scoring far more in the PL then they do IRL, I mean Adebayor, Rooney, Berbatov...not unussual that they have 30+ goals each and every season in the game. And it has been since FM08 IMO. And a lot of those goals are headers! Touré is scoring for fun on my Arsenal save, all headers really...well he is a CB so he will only be up on corners and freekicks. :) I don't know if there is a corner/freekick cheat on FM09, cause I haven't really done anything special in tactics for those situations.

I think it makes a lot of sense what people say about Arsenal not beeing overrated but rather their tactics are what makes them so good. I mean the game can't seem to handle some tactics, for example I can beat Chelsea way easy (4-0 or bigger isn't uncommon) but Tottenham can constantly be a pain in the a**. United is way above any other team in my Arsenal save, maybe cause I am Arsenal I can keep up...but Chelsea and the others end up like 20+ points behind them. Granted United are a really good side and should win the title, but they do it a bit to easy in the start of the game. I think the ME simply cannot handle some tactics used in the game, or at least some teams cannot handle certain tactics. And that becomes a problem when it happens to the bigger sides. Chelsea beeing the biggest proof of that on my game as they play like a lower league side when ever I play them...serves them right to be 16th in my 4th season. :D

They aren't overrated--at least not to the extent (or in the sense) people think, if you read their data issues thread you would know this. The issue is that Wenger's tactical style lends itself to the match engine.

Tom Brady is their manager in my game as Wenger got the Real Madrid job, and they are still almost unbeatable so how do you explain that?

I don' tknow I've done pretty well against them pre-patch with villa.. You just need to adjust your tactic to counter them I guess I played a basic 4-4-2 formation with individual tactics tweaked for every single player. Look at the full match look at what their doing what's hurting you then try to stop it. I found that if I cut the supply down the middle I'd be able to cope and I did pretty well beat them 2 - 1.. Intense match!

Currently in my first season as Wigan I went to Arsenal and won 2-1, granted they didn't have Adebayor and Fabregas playing but im still made up with the result. They seem to play reserve team players whenever I come up against them. They are something like 7th in the league after 11 games so are underperfoming so far in my save.

See it as a challenge! or patch up to 9.2 where they've been toned down quite a bit in my opinion.

COYS!

I've not patched to 9.2.0 because I personally feel that the Bojan bug is a game breaking bug so that's probably why i've got a problem with them.

Don't you mean Liam Brady? I think he has similar attirbutes to Wenger.

Liam Brady cannot have "similar" attributes to Wenger, we aren't talking about players here...

And for 9.3.0, Arsenal will receive another heavy demotion, with Fabregas, Nasri, Vela, Clichy, Eboue, Toure, Gallas, all having CA and PA lowered a lot. :)

Archived