CAMRAD - CAMpaign for Really Awesome Dots (in FM10)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wondering if I should join this group, what are the benefits, if any?

You get access to the secret forum, and you wishes will come ture in x minutes, where x= your age in years. Oh, and clowns won't kill you in the night.

Why should you be given this role? We can't just let anybody waltz into big jobs. No, we'll need an audition, and a CV.

Until then, you are in as a regular member.

Fair enough, a C.V shall be compiled.

Watch this space ;)

My fellow CAMRAD Members,

it has come to my intention that CAMRAD does not have it's official flag yet. Prehaps a vote is in order. The current choices are,

flagbycardiovascular.jpg

This by CardioVascular

flagbysteviej10.jpg

This by Stevie_j10

flagbytigerjoe.jpg

This by TigerJoe

camradflag.jpg

and this by me, Saxonaitor

I hope that all of us faithful CAMRAD members will vote on the right one

Thank you

Saxonaitor

Head of Human/Dot Resources and Chaitman of the Trade Union

• 2 weeks later...

dots.......whats wrong with u all. watching dots move about is like taken 10 steps back in computer game advancement. its the first year they have made 3d so its bound to have some problems and upset some folk. give it a few more years and 3d will be spot on. u can make an omlette without breaking a few eggs.

dots.......whats wrong with u all. watching dots move about is like taken 10 steps back in computer game advancement. its the first year they have made 3d so its bound to have some problems and upset some folk. give it a few more years and 3d will be spot on. u can make an omlette without breaking a few eggs.

The dots are awesome. Even better than FIFA's 3D. You can see the whole pitch, and it doesn't strain a graphics card.

And in case you hadn't noticed, the 3D doesn't add anything to the game, so how can not watching it be taking 1 step back, let alone ten? :confused:

The dots are awesome. Even better than FIFA's 3D. You can see the whole pitch, and it doesn't strain a graphics card.

And in case you hadn't noticed, the 3D doesn't add anything to the game, so how can not watching it be taking 1 step back, let alone ten? :confused:

Maybe because in real life we don't watch a bunch of dots floating around the football pitch?

Maybe because in real life we don't watch a bunch of dots floating around the football pitch?

What do you want next, media interviews where the media actually come round to your house?

The 3D sucks, it's as simple as that. If we were really desperate for 3D we could easily go and play the awful Fifa Manager series (not recommended)

What do you want next, media interviews where the media actually come round to your house?

The 3D sucks, it's as simple as that. If we were really desperate for 3D we could easily go and play the awful Fifa Manager series (not recommended)

You've got to be kidding me, you really can't see the potential benefit of having a more visually realistic game?! Maybe some people think 3D isnt great at the moment, but SI have to start somewhere, plus they haven't even got rid of 2D.

I seem to remember similar moaners when 2D was first introduced, but SI worked and improved it and now it has its own bloody campaign!

What is your problem with people prefering 2D to 3D why should that affect you? :confused:

Not once have i even implied that. I have nothing at all against 2D or those who pefer to use it. Ironically, my issue was with those people who are trying to force 2D over 3D through their lack of foresight.

they used to watch dots float around a screen back in the 80s when playing pong for the atari, i can guarentee that when they have mastered the 3d version ull all eat ur own words.

We aren't complaning about what the future 3D may be, we are complaining about the 3D NOW. It sucks. SI should have waited then until they did 'master' it. Lack of 3D and complete playability is what set football manager apart from others like fifa manager, LMA manager..etc. If you are so big on 3D, then why aren't you on the fifa manager boards? I mean that has far superior 3D to football manager right? The truth is, you know it really doesn't matter. Gameplay will always outshine any amount of 3D.

We aren't complaning about what the future 3D may be, we are complaining about the 3D NOW. It sucks. SI should have waited then until they did 'master' it.

Were you about for CM4? Had SI mastered 2D when the first used it? No, and the only reason its developed so well is the valuable input from the community.

Lack of 3D and complete playability is what set football manager apart from others like fifa manager, LMA manager..etc.

No, just playability is what sets Football Manager apart from the competition. A lack of 3D isn't a 'positive feature', they didn't used to put on the boxes "we proudly present a lack of a 3D match engine"

If you are so big on 3D, then why aren't you on the fifa manager boards? I mean that has far superior 3D to football manager right? The truth is, you know it really doesn't matter. Gameplay will always outshine any amount of 3D.

Firstly, i'm not "so big on 3D", i simply want Football Manager to be as good as it can be. And stop automatically assuming that a desire to see a 3D version suddenly means we dont care about the rest of the game, i could say to you why don't you play sensible soccer for its 2D mode. But i won't because its a rubbish argument.

We're also complaining at how the 2D has been edited to suit. The pitch is smaller and the dots are uglier. We want 2D like it was in 07, where the match-engine and the visual aspect were fantastic.

Yep and i'm in complete agreement with that. It just annoys me that some people have an inability to see the potential of 3D and therefore demand its removal. They don't appreciate that these things take many years to develop.

I have no doubt that SI will work 3D in the future so that it looks good, and gives a good tactical view. The problem is, at the moment, it doesn't deliver for most people. I don't want it removed and I am sure that 90% of us will use it by 2011, but in the mean-time, I would like the 2D Classic looking like it did before.

I always thought this campaign was to encourage SI to improve the look and (if possible) speed of the 2D pitch, nothing to do with what view is better. Why these anti-3D posts started really is beyond me. But anyway, this is a light-hearted thread so I wouldn't take notice tbh.

I'm sorry if my last comment was seen as "scrap 3D". It was meant to be in defence of dots- because a view that shows the whole pitch isn't a step backwards.

I still maintain that seeing a player actually swinging a leg adds little to the game, maybe in an ideal world it will show us if something was a foul, but that's all I can think of if I'm brutally honest. We can see what is happening in 2D (which you couldn't in commentary only) so it's perfectly adequate. The only thing 3D will add is "foul" judgment and something to please the eye of the modern gamer.

I'm not against 3D at all, I just took offence at the comment that 2D is 10 steps back.

Not once have i even implied that. I have nothing at all against 2D or those who pefer to use it. Ironically, my issue was with those people who are trying to force 2D over 3D through their lack of foresight.

Sorry mate i apologise.

I wouldnt scrap 3D and keep 2D they are both handy to have maybe sometime soon they will get 3D spot on but i dont think i could use it as i feel its turning more into fifa manager i know its not the same.

Archived