thebeha@live.se

442 Target man - Final versio -D-link 1 Download Link D-Link 2

442 NO Target Man - Final version - Download Link 1.... Download Link 2

442 for Topnotch Teams - Final version - D-Link 1 D-Link 2

442 Wide Diamond, Target man - Final version -D-Link 1

4411 for strong and physical teams - Final version - D-Link 1 D - Link 2

4231 NO Target man - Final version - D-Link 1 D-Link 2

4231, semi-Target man - Final version - D-Link 1 ...D - Link 2

** New Attack home version, making the 4231 set the final one. Download and replace D - link

41221, DMC Playmaker - Final version -D-Link 1 D-Link 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is thread containing 8 sets, each consisting of 7 versions, Overload – Control – Attack Home – Attack away - Balanced – Counter – Defensive

They are all based on the same approach so the description of each and every version within the set are the same, regardless of playing the 442 Target Man or the 41221 playmaker, the 4231 Target Man or the 442 No Target man, etc, etc

While playing with a set can be very rewarding when getting it right, it can also be disastrous when getting the version picking wrong. The aim with this set is to get the version picking much easier. If you prfere aplug & play tactic then this set is not for you even though some versions could be used in that approach as well.

As you can see there are 7 versions but does this mean that there will be much agony before every single match when trying to choose from so many versions ? No, not at all as most of the times, you will not even consider touching most of them as starting version in the specific match ahead. Most of the time you have a pretty good idea what you are after in the coming match so if playing the undefeated top team away there are maybe 2, max 3 versions you are thinking about. The same goes for facing the team you are fighting against for a place in Europe. Playing at home you probably ant to go for the 3 points and will probably consider the version close to Attack away, whilst playing away against the same opposition you wont consider playing too attacking, neither too defensive so yet again there are 2 version or maybe 3 to choose from. The nest step would be to ask your self if you want to play using counter attack in the coming match or not. After answering that final question the version picking is often down to only 1 or maybe 2 version.

My suggestion is that whilst reading about the specific versions you load them up and look at them one by one. I think this will help you come to a better understanding on how they work.(don’t forget the players mentality, closing down and not just the team as everyone for all you know could be on individual instruction

Playing in the lower leagues ?

Here is a great post from Surferosa about how he tweaks the set when playing under "LL-Conditions"

There is also a new 442 set that is more suitable for leser teams that can be foundhere

The Happy Hammer project

Inspired by Cleon and his Sheffield United project:thup:, the second post in this thread will be continuous updated with match reports from a new started save. The point off this the post will be to show my reasoning behind the tactical choices and an evaluation of the decisions made and hopefully this will bring more clarity for users about version picking. In all matches the initial 442 set have been used but sometimes Not using a target man

New ***

I will, in the same post, be giving match reports from my Second season with Aston Villa. The special thing about this project is to describe how i pick version under the circumstances, them being that I won the EPL last season. So this year most teams will play very cautious against us and our team are really not made of champions material, can we still manager to break down those defensive teams even though they are equal to us regarding quality.

The set I will be using is the 442 Diamond, with a strong Target Man

FINAL TABLE OF THE HAPPY HAMMER PROJECT

league.png

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Formation.. of the 442 using a Semi Target Man

A flat 442 using one Target man up front, In Overload and control on of the MC have been pushed up in the formation to AMCleft and in Attack away his companion sits a bit deeper in DMC with him moving in centrally to Central. The 2 FC swap position in every version

attackhome.png :

Results Patch 9.3

Wining EPL with West ham, Aston Villa, Promotion( 4:th) with Plymouth, all first season.

New; Winning EPL, first season no signings, with Blackburn, using the 4231 Target man set

Top of the table after half a season with Hannover, 4:th with Betis, 2:nd with Twente, 3:rd with Napoli, Top with derby.

Also having a very, very good season with West ham( have played more than the updated matches in the second post, The happy hammer project), a team that with 9.3 database would probably be destined with relegation with a default tactic or a AI manager, that's with the current squad anyway

Mentality… and Closing Down &D-line

Based on my view on the players optimal positioning, working together with d-line and the closing down slider. Example: - In some formations/versions the Fullbacks have a higher mentality then the AMR/L, to connect better, reducing the gaps between the 2 stratas when attacking. The AMR/L might also have a lowered closing down setting that together with a higher than average d-line reduces the gap in defence as well. So be careful when making tweaks as the mentioned sliders work together and very careful when tempering with the closing down settings for the advancing players as they may not track back properly if raising it etc, etc

The marking system.

In some version, depending on formation, some versions have the whole midfield set to tight man marking. This means that our MR/L or AMR/L will mark their MR/L. If the AI is playing without MR/L then change it to zonal instead. The same goes for our MC. They are marking the AI MC´s but if they play with more or less then 2 central midfielders then use zonal marking instead.

Set Pieces ( Hmm.)

I must admit that this is not my strong side. On the other hand one can argue that this might actually be a good thing, bearing the 08 corner cheat in mind. The setup in these version provides me stability and I have tries to refine them, being a bit afraid that a might stumble over a flaw that makes my DC win the Golden Boot

Training

I do not use any specific for these sets

Team Talks and pre-game press conference

I am by no means an expert on the subject. What I do know is that if your ass-man handles the press, just make sure he does not take an defensive och even cautious approach. Even though the players seems to react well, its very difficult to get them fired up or make them believe in them self. Suggestions on how to do the ht team talk, especially when 2 goals up, often when playing away, are most welcome. As its is for now, I do not say anything to the lads

Playmaker (in one set)

Used in of the published sets, If having a very, very good deep lying in your squad he could be used in 1.Control, and 7. Defensive in all sets/formations

Target man ( Yes)

No box ticked but in some version we are still using one, a Semi-Target man. By this meaning that the player should be placed in the target man list in all versions of the set but that we don’t tick the target man box. See player role and set description further down for player requirements and other information.

In 442 Target Man,the FCL and in 4231, the lone FCL should be put in the Target man list in all versions besides Control.

But no matter what set/formation you are using, remember this

- Always use a Target Man(semi) in Overload and…. Never use one in Control

OI

Recommended OI, (necessary on bold) is included for each version below

I also recommend reading this thread Opposition Instructions (An Easier Way)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The versions

(This description of the 7 versions goes for all the different sets and formations so if you have mastered the version picking of one set, you could do it with the next one as well)

Have a look at each version before applying them.

Explanation

What it is/does versus What it isn’t/ doesn’t - Can give you a pretty good idea of the tactic as it, when having read everything, gives you further information about the differences versions between

The text – I have tried to explain the best I could, getting into as much detail as I can without using to many words but as English is not my or maybe your native language there are bound to be issues

Recommended OI: (necessary in bold) - Just what it says. Just remember that some - and only some - will stick when changing version. So remember to check this and add/remove if necessary

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Overload

What it is/does: Attacking, High pressing, Quick and Pushed up

What it isn’t/ doesn’t Patient, Tight marking, Defensively sound and Starting tactic

- Against very, very defensive teams that sit rather deep with their whole midfield, Just be aware that if they lift up their midfield (by closing down slider) and their defenders (by d-line) they will still play very defensive but will now when recovering the ball be under very little pressure as we will be too far up in the pitch, then change to Control.

Recommended OI: (necessary on bold)

Close down/Always on any advanced forward.

Tight Mark/Always on deep dropping forwards or AMC behind lone forward and other Strata4 (AMR/L) players

Close down/Always on any Players in Strata 2(WB, DMC) that seems/ or you suspect to be holding on to the ball.

Close down/Always on whole Central midfield

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Control

What it is/does: Slow and Patient, Wide, Short and accurate passing and Creative

What it isn’t/ doesn’t: Straight at goal, easy to apply against better opposition, For the last 15 minutes, against teams playing attacking

- To Systematically break down defensive teams using a patient but very attacking minded build up. Use this against teams that have many men behind the ball but are not sitting ultra deep. The moment they go very deep without even trying to attack change to Overload and when they start to play more attacking, making runs with the ball, then change to another version of choice as there is no need for the slow breakdown anymore is there.

Recommended OI: : (necessary in bold)

Tight Mark/Always on deep dropping forwards or AMC behind lone forward and other Strata4 (AMR/L) players

Close down/Always on left DC and Tight Mark/Always on right DC

3. Attack Home

What it is/does: Attacking, A bit risky, Supporting Fb´s, and Straight at goal

What it isn’t/ doesn’t: Patient, Ultra-attacking,

- Just what it says, the starting tactic when wanting to attack from start. Normally applied when you decide to go for the 3 points at home by playing the kind of football that means “ straight at goal and not beating about the bush. “. Have the majority of possession is not the key with this tactic as long as we are creating chances and the opponents midfielders doesn’t get too much time with the ball before being closed down. The fullbacks are in some sets/formation on HUB to slow the game down a bit and if you feel they are under 1) too much pressure or 2. ) no pressure at all what so ever then consider 1. ) removing the HUB or change version to Counter or 2.) Remove the HUB or change to either Control if they sit deep or Attack away if you think you can lure them up by playing even slower and on the counter

Recommended OI: (necessary in bold)

Tight Mark/Always on deep dropping forwards or AMC behind lone forward [/b]and other Strata4 (AMR/L) players

Close down/Always on left DC and Tight Mark/Always on right

4. Attack away/deep (using counter attack)

Formation changes: The MCleft now as Lone MC and the MCright as lone DMC

What it is/does: Attacking, Careful, Lure them up in field, Less Risk

What it isn’t/ doesn’t: - Quick, Puts pressure on the back 4, Chase goals

A much slower attacking version - like a Control based away version – but playing on the counter. Against teams playing cautious with many men behind the ball but that we still consider being a threat that we don’t want to play headless against. By using a high mentality we position our players high up in the field but by playing slow in a patient build up the aim is to try and lure a rather defensive AI on to us and draw their players out of position before we start the attacks. If the opponent should start to attack us more or lift up their team, both with mentality and with d-line then it’s time to change version. Firstly we have to ask if we want to keep using counter attacks and let the AI be in charge. The reason for us doing this prior to the AI changed its tactic was that we wanted them to come on to us, to lure them up as they were sitting too deep for us to attack and expose our selves but now, as they are higher up in the pitch and are starting to create chances swinging in crosses, we either strike back by going “3. Attack Home”, try to gain possession by playing “7. Defensive” or maybe use “5. Balanced” to lift the ball higher up the field on to our attackers and play a more balanced risk/reward

Close down/Always on any advanced or lone forward.

Tight Mark/Always on deep dropping forwards or AMC behind lone forward

When playing with a set not using MR/L the Tight mark and Close down always on the AI MR/ML

5. Balanced

What it is/does: tight marking , Slowish build up, Normal Ment

What it isn’t/ doesn’t: Press high, Attack with whole team, use much space

Just was it says, a very balanced version with one FC playing on the shoulder of the last defender and one coming deeper to get the ball. Its very clear if this version is dead wrong picked from start and there by also easy to see in what direction one should go. Either we are too deep with our midfield and the weak AI gets all the time in the world, not being closed down and when we attack they have all men behind the ball….or… when the AI attacks us with advancing wingers and Fullbacks making our Wingers sit in the lap of the defence (as they are man marking the AI wingers), In the first scenario, with the defensive AI, I think that enough information has been given about the higher versions to switch to. In the later, with the Bombing Fbs or the advancing there would be the option to simply put out Wingers on Zonal marking instead or Switch to 6.Counter if we feel that there is space enough on the flanks between their stratas to move into.

Close down/Always on any advanced or lone forward.

Tight Mark/Always on deep dropping forwards or AMC behind lone forward

When playing with a set not using MR/L the Tight mark and Close down always on the AI MR/ML

6. Counter (using counter attack)

What it is/does: Attacks with pace, down the flanks, aggressive in own half, quick

What it isn’t/ doesn’t: Holds onto the ball, give the FC´s much support, Ultra defensive

The style are the same as in Balanced but now we play on the break and a little more narrow, a little faster and down the flanks The reason for the combination playing narrower and down flanks? Well as we use this against teams that will play either balanced or attacking against us with advancing M-wingers or even AM-Wingers we don't want to be to wide in defence but at the same time we want to explore the rather big space that our wingers can move into. If we are loosing too much possession whilst not creating anything but you still feel Counter attacks is the right choice then consider playing slower with 4. Attack away or 7. Defensive. If the opponent have far too much time on the ball in midfield then consider abandoning the counter attacks and instead change to 5.Balanced (or even a higher version). The same marking system as in Balanced is applied in this version so if our midfielders sits in the defenders lap and the AI uses advanced Fullbacks, then change to zonal

Recommended OI: (necessary on bold)

Tight marking/ Always on advancing or normal strikers and/or all lone strikers

Close Down/ Always on AI central midfielders UNLESS they are outnumbering us by using 3 MC or 2MC + DMC/AMC.

7. Defensive. (Using counter attack)

What it is/does: Keeps possession in own half/midfield, very cautious, no fwruns

What it isn’t/ doesn’t: Against 4-2-4, for getting goals in plural, beautiful to watch

Defending by keeping possession. Whilst we are playing with a defensive mentality, we are not sitting deep or using too low closing down. A great tactic to bore the hell out of the opponent as well as finish off already won games with. Just, once again, be aware of that the marking system in midfield is the same as in the just mentioned version

Not a SUS( Shut up Shop) against 4-2-4 as I find that playing Balanced or Attack away is much better.

Tight marking/ Always on advancing or normal strikers and/or all lone strikers

Close Down/ Always on AI central midfielders UNLESS they are outnumbering us by using 3 MC or 2MC + DMC/AMC.

Tweaks against 4-2-4

Regardless of tactic used remove all forward runs(easiest by giving them a back arrow) on your wide players and at least on central midfielders. Also Tight mark/Always the AI front 4 in OI. Now if playing a superior team then I would use a more defensive version and you will probably already be using that version but if a lesser team are trying to make a late comeback, pushing everyone forward, I would not play a too defensive version against them. Just like said, making your players stay in position will be enough to see the game out and using Attack away or Balanced would be my choice, trying to hold on to the ball in a bit more advanced position. Against these teams I would also advice implementing the OI Close Down/always, hard tackle/Always on the AI Fullbacks and central midfielders, i.e. not giving them any time to advance on their own or time enough on the ball to deliver accurate direct balls to the wide front men

Tweaks of the marking system.

Worth mentioning again...

In some version, depending on formation, some versions have the whole midfield set to tight man marking. This means that our MR/L or AMR/L will mark their MR/L. If the AI is playing without MR/L then change it to zonal instead. The same goes for our MC. They are marking the AI MC´s but if they play with more or less then 2 central midfielders then use zonal marking instead.

The players in the different Sets. Is this set for me ?:

The Set "Flat 442 using Semi target man"

This set is suitable for all teams, regardless if playing in BSP or in the EPL. As a funcion of this, wordclass players might get a bit restricted( use the 442 NO TM instead)

Playmaker: No

Target man: Yes, the FCL

The DC:

As this is a set you will sometime use a version with a d-line of 18 were pace, positioning and ability to make the correct decision will be important but you will also use version were you sit back and play tight and were anticipation, marking, tackling and aerial ability will be more important. What I am trying to say here is that unless having EPL (or other top leagues) quality just make sure that they are not too slow or lacks completely in either concentration, composure, marking or heading.

The Fullbacks:

In most versions they have HUB (Hold up ball), so it’s important that they can handle this after have been playing for 70 minutes. Make sure they don’t have too many flaws when it comes to Concentration, Composure or Crossing. Even if having 20 in Strength if will not make up for them having bad concentration stats when there is 15 minutes to go and they are beginning to feel tired or are put under a lot of pressure.

The Central Midfielders: We call them MCright and MCleft.

The MCright should be the more creative one and he will act like a deep lying playmaker, even never officially assigned that role. He also plays in DMC in Attack away so it’s good if he is competent it that position as well

The MCleft on the other hand needs to be slightly better in the final third then his companion and in Overload and Control he plays in the AMC position. But as always, if playing in a lower league and not having Brilliant box-to-box players at hand then I would go for Strength and Marking and leave the fancy stuff for the wingers.

The Wingers

I like to combine hard work with flair. I want my wingers to be able to track back and give it all for the team and be successful in doing so. I want them to be able to break the pattern and cut inside and have a go for the far corner instead of making that cross 10 times out of 10.

Do these exist? Yes, at a higher level, especially those WB/AM. In lower Leagues on the other hand they normally don’t so we have to make a choice. Flair or Marking, Passing or Stamina. And when we - like above in MC description – have appointed to hard working MCs since Kevin Nolan and Elano did not want to move a few miles to Bury, the choice is easy: Get wingers that can do the fancy stuff, that possesses the pace, that extra attacking crème to support the attackers. In the end, it’s down to the balance of the team

The Forwards

Let me be clear on this first: They swap position in every tactic…and the FCL should be put in the Target man list in all versions…..so sometimes the target man will go deep to get the ball and sometimes he will play on the shoulder of the last defender… and the Target man supply is different in the versions. Does it sound like we need to have 2 World class “Complete Forwards”? Actually, we don’t. But what is important, apart from the ability to convert chances, is the movement without ball. It does not matter of one is a heading monster with only 11 on pace or of one of them have 4 in both heading and strength. As long as they have some specific competence that combined with higher than average (as always for level played at) smartness and movement without ball you will be fine.

The Set "Flat 442 NO Target man"

Suitable for most teams.If playing with crap players, the 442 above would be better though

Target man: No

The DC:

Same as in the previous version

The Fullbacks:

The Central Midfielders:

I prefer using 2 box-to-box midfielders. The most important part, the stas, would be positioning and off the ball. If they can master them both they will have an advantage over most opponents

The Wingers

Same as in previous version but If having to chose between flair and marking, I always go for flair

The Forwards

The FCL is your goalscorer, your poacher, and needs not only to be able to put it away when being under pressure. He also needs to be in the right place at the right time.If he is strong and with good arial ability its a advantage and of he is quick its even better. The FCR needs to have great off the ball stats and also be able to use his creativity once in a while. St the top levels, this position will be for your Complete Forward

The set " 4231 using a semi Target man"

Suitable for most teams, but as always, only if having players for the positions ( i.e actually having wingforwards or AMR/L)

Target man: Yes, the lone FC

The DC:

The Fullbacks:

Almost the same as in the previous version but since he, in the absence of any MR/L, will be covering a bigger part of field he needs more stamina and his dribbling and crossing skills can now make a bigger difference

The Central Midfielders:

I prefer using 2 box-to-box midfielders. The most important part, the stas, would be positioning and off the ball. If they can master them both they will have an advantage over most opponents

When it comes to the AMC I rather consider him as a second forward. If possible, use a complete AMC/FC or FC as he will be dictating the game, with his movements just as much as with his touch

The Wingers

Same as in previous version but If having to chose between flair and marking, I always go for flair

The Forwards

Best using a player that can play it simple( no flashy ppms) and that are able to read the game( anticipation etc). He will often come deep to collect the ball and pass it on to another player before runing straight at goal. If he has the ppm " Moving into channels" and combine this with great movement and fininshing skills, he can be lethal

The set " 41221 using a DMC Playmaker"

This set relies heavily on having a great, deeplying DMC as your playmaker. It also puts a lot of pressure on your FC being really good. With this said, you are more likely to succed if playing with Bologna or PSG than if playing with Cambridge or Oxford. Nothing to do with the standard of the University, just the standard of the players.

Playmaker: Yes, the DMC

The DC:

The Fullbacks:

Same as in 4231, "Almost the same as in the previous version but since he, in the absence of any MR/L, will be covering a bigger part of field he needs more stamina and his dribbling and crossing skills can now make a bigger difference"

The Central Midfielders:

Consists of 2 MC and the DMC Playmaker

The 2 MCs are the same as in the 4231 above, I prefer using 2 box-to-box midfielders. The most important part, the stas, would be positioning and off the ball. If they can master them both they will have an advantage over most opponents

The DMC is the heart of the tactic and really needs to be up for it. He acts like a deep lying playmaker and shall be put in the playmakerslist

The Wingers

In this set these players act more like forwards, going straight at goal rather then hugging the line. I would use wingforwards( ex. AMR/FC) with good finishing skills

The Forwards

Best using a player that can play it simple( no flashy ppms) and that are able to read the game( anticipation etc). He will often come deep to collect the ball and pass it on to another player before runing straight at goal. If he has the ppm " Moving into channels" and combine this with great movement and fininshing skills, he can be lethal whilst playing 2-2´s with the wingers

The set " 442 Diamond"

Suitable for most teams but you have to have a strong Target man

Target man: Yes, the FCL....EDIT:- The Left is the target man, sorry

The DC:

Same as in the previous version but maybe with more pace

The Fullbacks:

Same as before

The DMC - AMC Combo:

This partnership works to its best if they both have strenght. The AMC will track back as he is set to man-mark. He will automatically do this with one of the MC but if the AI use a DMC then you have to use specific man-marking to make sure he is man-marking the MC( of your choice).

The Wingers

The Forwards

THe FCL should be put in the Target man list at all times. We want him to come deep to get the ball and link up with the midfielders and if he is strong in the air its a huge plus( I used Kuyt when playing with Pool). The FCR should have pace and have the ability to score now and then

The set”442 TOP TEAMS" -

This set is for Top notch teams only. If playing with top 4 in EPL, La Liga, Serie A, this set will most certainly be the best of all the 442s in this thread. If playing as a top teams in Holland, Greece etc, you will have a good results in the league with it but it might be too attacking when playing I CL. Then I would maybe combine it with the set called “4411”

An extra version, called 8-SUS, and is included in this set. It is to be used against very attacking teams, like 4-2-4 and you have to use OI. Close down/always on Fbs and Mc. Tight mark on Wingers and strikers

Target man[/b]: No

The DC:

The Fullbacks:

As this is for a top team, they really need to be modern top-notch Fbs without any flaws

The Central Midfielders:

Again, as this is for top tams only, the midfielders need to be complete. In the MCr we use a more attacking one and in the MCleft, strengths are more important. But, as said before, they both need to be almost complete

The Wingers

Pace, Flair, Intelligence, Composure, Stamina etc. To sum it up… World class wingers are, if not needed, then a massive help. In this position the team will not suffer defensively if they are not superstars but if going for the CL trophy, you probably will not get your hands on it if these guys are not up for it, especially when using the more defensive versions like Counter or Defensive

The Forwards

The FCright should be a complete forward and the FCleft should be a quick striker.

The set” 4411”

This set can be used by most teams but as we play with only one forward, it’s important that he, relatively speaking, is really good. An extra version, called 8-SUS, and is included in this set. It is to be used against very attacking teams, like 4-2-4 and you have to use OI. Close down/always on Fbs and Mc. Tight mark on Wingers and strikers

The DC:

The Fullbacks:

Same as previous, nothing really

The Central Midfielders:

The MCr is a more attacking one and has free roles in some versions so “off the ball” is an important stat for him. The MCleft is more defensive and needs to be strong and have good passing skills.

The Wingers

Just as previous versions. I have used both wingforwards and MCL/R

The AMC

If you are a top team then use a player like Gerard, lampard rather then a Flair full Argentinean with 2 in every stat that relates to any physics. Also have a look at his marking as he is on man marking on one of the AIs MC. I always want him to mark the more defensive ones

The Forward

Needs to be quick and strong. As mentioned above, when playing with only one guy up front, it’s important that he is good. If rotation your squad, use the quick one in the lower versions and the strong one in the higher

The set” 4231 NO Target Man

This set can be used by most teams but as we play with only one forward, it’s important that he, relatively speaking, is really good. An extra version, called 8-SUS, and is included in this set. It is to be used against very attacking teams, like 4-2-4 and you have to use OI. Close down/always on Fbs and Mc. Tight mark on Wingers and strikers

The difference between this set and the one with a target man, is that in this set , the players can get away with lesser passing skills

The DC:

The Fullbacks:

Same as previous, nothing really

The Central Midfielders:

The MCr is a more attacking one and has free roles in some versions so “off the ball” is an important stat for him. The MCleft is more defensive and needs to be strong and have good passing skills.

The Wingers

Just as previous versions. I have used both wingforwards and MCL/R

The AMC

If you are a top team then use a player like Gerard, lampard rather then a Flair full Argentinean with 2 in every stat that relates to any physics. Also have a look at his marking as he is on man marking on one of the AIs MC. I always want him to mark the more defensive ones

The Forward

Needs to be quick and strong. As mentioned above, when playing with only one guy up front, it’s important that he is good. If rotation your squad, use the quick one in the lower versions and the strong one in the higher.

The better Half

thebeha@live.se

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ SECTION

Q - I am playing in the lower leagues and/or woth a team wih average players. I find the instructions for my players, using the 442 NO Target man Set, to be suited for better players, is there any known tweak to suit my team ?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Match reports from my Aston Villa save. The Happy Villans project, staying on top !

( The happy hammer can be found directly after this project, in the same post))

I will be giving match reports from my Second season with Aston Villa. The special thing about this project is to describe how i pick version under the circumstances, them being that I won the EPL last season. So this year most teams will play very cautious against us and our team are really not made of champions material, can we still manager to break down those defensive teams even though they are equal to us regarding quality.

The set I will be using is the 442 Diamond

Match 1 Aston V – West Brom 5 – 0 ( H.T 2-0 )

AI Formation: 41311, DMC-3MC-AMC-FC

Our Starting version: Attack Home/Overload

OI: Close Down/Always on FC, NOT Tight mark/Always on AMC

Team talk: Expect a win

Reasoning behind tactical choice:

I wanted to start attacking from the start, being the first game of the season. But when I saw that they were not only playing a defensive tactic, but also within a defensive formation, I decided to go for Overload straight away. After playing 1 minute in full mode, I saw that there FC was advanced so I closed down/always on him…BUT, as they were playing with 5 central midfielders and me only 2, I did not dare to Use Tight mark/always on their AMC, being afraid that my only MC would sink too deep.

We started out by having lots and lots of possession, total domination. After 15 minutes we were 1-0 up and WBA had a passing completion of 45 %. The match carried on and we scored 2-0 from an owngoal. At halftime it was closer to 3,4,5-0 than 2-1

H.T 2-0 -X

Tweaks made: Changed to 5.Balanced, in the Diamond set a rather slow version, as I wanted to win 2:nd half 1-0 rather then risking anything, just for sake of getting more goals.

Team Talk: Don’t let your,, s default. Faith to the goalscorers and Pleased to the ones with a rating over 7.3. In match stats-motivation, my players were either having a good game or playing with confidence.

2:nd half.

We started out by scoring 3-0 after 45 seconds and, if judging by what the commentator/text says, it ways because the players look motivated, fired up. The match went on and even though we created very, very few CCCs. Most of our chances and the 4-0, and 5-0, came from headers, long shots from players given too much time on the ball and crosses into the box. All dangerous chances but none considered to be CCs. For the last 15 minutes I used 7.Defesnive and made the last sub, seeing out the game

Final Result 5 -0 (2-0)

Match 2 Middlesboro - Aston Villa 0-1 ( H.T 0-1 )

AI Formation: 442, playing cautious with many men behind ball, counter attack

Our Starting version: Attack Away

OI: None, they played with 2 running FC´s, into channels, down flanks

Team talk: We can win this one. Pick up were you left to the Captain, Barry, who scored twice in previous match

Reasoning behind tactical choice: I wanted to play attacking, just as in the description of 4.Attack away, by controlling possession and for the ball to be in their half.

It started out as I hoped i.e. correct version picking. We held the ball between their forwards and midfield, luring them onto us and launched attacks down the flanks with the AMC as a link player. We scored 1-0,the FCR, in the 18:th minute. After that we had 2 more good chances but we hit the post on both occasion( headers from the TM, FCL)

H.T 0-1

Tweaks made: Changed to Balanced as I suspected that they would stop using counter attack

Team Talk: Encourage, Prove a point to the TM with only 6.0 in rating.

Boring, they had nothing and we controlled the game with ease. In the 75:th minute they started to attack and I implemented the OI against 424 and when they finally went 424, there were no chanced displayed and we won 0-1

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Match 3 Aston Villa – Newcastle 3-1 ( H.T 1-1)

AI Formation: : 442, normal, attacking with speed on the counter, 2 pacey FCs

Our Starting version: 3.Attack Away

OI:

Team talk: For the fans..

Reasoning behind tactical choice: I want to attack at Villa Park but the Geordies had just come from beating man u, 3-0, and the morale ought to be high. Being afraid of the speed

Upfront, Owen/Martens, Attack away suites this game good as it leaves the AI forwards isolated.

I was right and we scored 1-0 after 35 seconds!!!. The attack was a typical one of 4.Attack away. They playing a too short forward ball just when they are lifting up their team, us intercepting, pass down the flanks, cut inside and a backpass for the AMC to score. After 15 minutes of boring football Newcastle scored form their first chance, a corner making it 1-1.

H.T 1-1

Tweaks made: Went 1.Overload to get an early goal

Team Talk: Anger….You can make a difference on the FCs

It seemed to work and had our chances to score but me missed to many easy chances. But finally we scored from a cross towards the far post. We using the pitch and them playing too narrow. 3-1 came after we had went “SUS” against their 4-2-4

Final Result 3-1 (1-1)

The Happy Hammer project

Inspired by Cleon and his Sheffield United project:thup: this second post that will be called “ The happy hammer project” will be continuous updated with match reports from a new started save. The point off this post will be to show my reasoning behind the tactical choices and an evaluation of the decisions made and hopefully this will bring more clarity for users about version picking

I have chosen to manage West Ham with 9.3 databases and off cause 9.3 patch. We have been predicted by media to finish 10:Th and minimum – and the chosen - board expectations are Top half a finish. Now, for those that have not yet played West Ham in 9.3 let me tell you one thing. They have no squad depth at all. I would even go so far as saying that they seriously lack in players and that bringing in 4-5 new rotation players would be a mere minimum and probably not enough to see us through a season if getting injuries. The situation is actually so bad that the reserve, apart from backup players out on loan, is full of U-18 players.

We start with £4 million in transfer budget and during pre-season I spent 3 of them on a FB( Sylvinho, Barcelona), Winger( Angulo, Valencia) and a pacey complement striker, Mbokani from Standard. We still need to bring in 2 more defenders and hopefully they will come in the winter transfer window.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Match 1 EPL – Man UTD – West Ham 3-1 ( H.T 1-1)

AI Formation: Flat 442

Our Starting version: 7. Defensive

Marking system: My wingers tight man marking theirs, so no changes

OI: None

Reasoning behind tactical choice: I wanted to play slow with possession in a defensive match with the aim to get a point and maybe get United frustrated and leave to many players up front, us getting good possession in the final 3:rd s well

They started out by scoring 1-0( Berbs) in the 2:nd minute after a scramble in the box. After that goal we were in control of the game creating some nice chances and scored 1-1 in the 25:Th minute:

H.T: 1-1, we dominating the game in chances and possession

Tweaks made: None, nut checked so that AI had not made any formation (player changes that could mess up my marking system)

The second half continued were the 1:st ended. About 15 minutes in to the half AI made a change. They brought in a new winger and at the same time they seemed to push there wingers forward even more. So I removed the man-marking as I did not want my Wingers sitting in the lap of my defenders.

With 4 minutes to go United went 4-2-4 and tweaked… OI tight marking/always on the front 4 and closing down Always on the back four. They did not create much but scored from a corner in the 91:Th minute. So I changed version to Overload and removed all the OI. It gave me 2 good chances, with 2 ccc´s but when I failed to score UTD hit me on the break scoring 3-1

Final Result 3-1 ( 1-1)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Match 2 :West Ham – Fulham 3-0 ( H.T 2-0 )

AI Formation: 442 flat

Our Starting version: 3. Attack home

Marking system: No changes

OI: None from start

Reasoning behind tactical choice: I wanted to push them back and play attacking. I also intended to implement OI on their forwards as soon as I could figure out their roles., Close Down/ Always on the more attacking and Tight Marking/Always on the deep dropping. This I do as I don’t want them to get hold/in possession of the ball high up in the field and allow their team mates to push up.

The match started out well with us pushing them back. As I always use full match from start it was easy for me to see how there forwards behaved and after only 1 minute I gave OI mentioned above and changed to extended highlights. We scored 1-0 in the 3:rd minute inside the box. After that they had a little more possession but only because they passed the ball around between their defenders. In the 21:st minute we scored again from a cross. After that I changed version to Balanced as I wanted to get more possession and be a bit more careful. We gained more possession and had 1 more ccc´s and they never threatened to score.

H.T 2-0

Tweaks made: As always, playing with the versions using man-man on the wingers, I reassured my self that this hade not changed due to formation changes etc, etc. I also say that they had made a FC sub so I removed the OI and used Full match again

The Second half. Started just like the first by implementing the OI Close Down/Always on the higher forward and Tight Marking/Always on the deep dropping. The second half was really boring and not many chanced were created. In the 66;TH minute we got a penalty and scored 3-0. After that I changed version to 7.DEFESIVE and subbed some tired players. By this we hade the ball for the remainder of the match, just passing it around between our midfield and defence, creating 2 dangerous chances by a direct ball from our deep lying midfielder onto our target man when the AI players were not on their toes and dragged out of position.

Final Result 3 -0 (2-0 )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League Cup Southend( L1) – West Ham 1–4 ( H.T 0-2 )

AI Formation: flat 442

Our Starting version: 4. Attack away

Marking system: no tweaks

OI: Close Down/Always on their advancing forward( 2 minutes in to the game)

Reasoning behind tactical choice: As I rested 6 players from First 11 I wanted to be a bit more cautious as the replacement players all were form the U-18. And I also suspected them to play with many men behind the ball but not too defensive and with some advancing midfielders I chose this version, to drag them out of position by playing patient build up high up in the field

After having most of the ball for the first 15 minutes they seemed to play much, much more defensive than It thought they would. There defenders was almost sitting in the lap of their defenders so in the 20;th minute I changed to 1. Overload and it took me only 3 minutes to score my first goal and after having 3 more chances they lifted up the team. At that point Overload is pretty dangerous as we will be loeving too many players up front, not tracking back so I changed to Attack Home and I scored 2-0 in the 42;nd minute

H.T 0-2

Tweaks made: None

The Second half started out by them scoring , the scramble in the box after a free kick, only 2 minutes in to the second half. We scored 3-1 and 4-1 within the next 10 minutes and after that I subbed some of my first team players and finished the game with 9 U-18 players and using Balanced after switching to it in the 70th minute.

Final Result 1 -4 (0 -2)

Match 3 Chelsea – West Ham 2–0 ( H.T 1-0 )

AI Formation: 4-1-2-2-1 with AMR/L and lone FC

Our Starting version: 6.Counter

Marking system: Changed to zonal in midfield

OI: Tight marking/Always on lone FC

Reasoning behind tactical choice: Against United I wanted to play a defensive possession game but here I think out chance lies quick counter attacks down the flanks, exploiting the space between their AMR/L and the Fbs. I removed the man marking in midfield. And employed tight marking/Always on the Lone FC

They started out in a high tempo but slowed down a bit after 10 minutes. They scored after an offside goal in the 15: Th minute. After that it was all Chelsea again and we had lost control of the game so I switched to 7.Defensive to regain it. (And off cause I removed the man marking in this version to). No more chances were created in the first half

H.T 1-0

The Second half started and my plan was to keep the result 1-0 until making a late effort the last 10 minutes. Chelsea was in complete control of the game even though not creating more then short from distance. 10 minutes form the end we changed to 1. Attack Home but just before the changes had been implemented the got a corner and scored from it 2-0. The rest of the game we got our only 2 Ccc´s but the game ended 2-0

Final Result 2-0 (1 -0)

Match 4 EPL West Ham – Arsenal 2-0 (0-0)

AI Formation: flat 442

Our Starting version: 7. Defensive

Marking system: -

OI: none as the strikers move into channels a lot

Reasoning behind tactical choice: Having lots in injuries I had to start the match with 2 U-18 players and only 2 players competent playing in defence. Together with injuries on my 3 best attackers, my aim was to snatch a draw playing defensive and with the higher possession.

It started out boring, boring, boring as no team had any real good chances. Good work boys!

H.T 0-0

Tweaks made: No tweak, but I started out the second half in full match to see if their MR/L were attacking me higher up in the pitch, they were not so no changes in man marking

The second half started by us scoring from a corner, only seconds into it. The match continued the same way as 1:st half until the 55;th minute where they started to gain possession and take control over the match. In the 65:th minute we changed to 4.Attack away as I wanted my players further up in the pitch but still playing slow an on the counter and it worked very well as we regain possession and scored 2-0 from a penalty in the 76;th . After that I saw the game out and with the same tactic, only removing the fwruns on the wide players as Arsenal went 4-2-4. A fantastic win that was down to us reacting and changing tactic in time, when they were gaining possession in midfield. If I had waited 10 more minutes we had probably conceded

Final Result 2- 0(0 -0)

Match 5 EPL Tottenham – West Ham 0-1 ( H.T 0-1)

AI Formation: flat 442, playing a direct game down the flanks( scoutreport)

Our Starting version: 4. Attack away

Marking system: -

OI: like the recommended in SP

Reasoning behind tactical choice: I wanted to go into this game and try to slow things down a bit, but without sitting to deep. If Spurs were to come at me to much and leave big gaps between their wide players( MR-DR) I would switch to Counter for a quicker approach down the flanks

They started In a little more attacking manner than I expected but did not create anything dangerous as their were playing too fast, being sloppy. So in the 20th minute we switched to Counter as they, after the initiall attack left their FBs behind while still using advanced wingers( now leaving the gaps I hoped for). I had 3 dangerous chances in the last 15 minutes and scored form one of them, 1-0 in the 42:nd minute, a cross from our left winger.

H.T 0-1

The Second half continued as the first ended with us being nearer getting a second than them being equalising. When there was 12 minutes left they went 4-2-4 and we made these tweaks. Tight Mark/ Always front 4, Close down/Always on their very tired MC´s and FBs. It worked a treat and we should have scored twice but failed doing so in a bizzare fashion. 2 consecutive London Derby Winnings

Final Result 0-1 ( 0-1)

Match 5 EPL WEST HAM – WIGAN 2-0 ( H.T )

AI Formation: 4411

Our Starting version: 1.Control

Marking system:

OI: Close Down/ Always on FC, Tight Mark/ always on AMC

Reasoning behind tactical choice: As Wigan play with many men behind the ball Io wanted to play slow and with possession. As I did not want to use counter attack( defensive or attack away), that left me with balanced and Control and I chose the more attacking one.

Wr started out by having 65 % of possession after 15 minutes and scored 1-0 after 21 minutes. We had 3 more ccc´s befpre the h.t whistle

H.T 1-0

The Second half started out just as the first one but we dropped in possession by the minute, Just as I as going to change to Balanced we scored 2-0. After that I played out the game with Defensive, regaining our high possession.

Final Result2 -0 (1 -0)

Match 6 EPL Bolton – West Ham 0- 1( H.T 0-1 )

AI Formation: 4141

Our Starting version: Attack away

Marking system:

OI: - Tight marking and Closing Down/ always on their lone FC

Reasoning behind tactical choice: I wanted to play a slow game with me having most of the possession

They started of by having a real go at me, producing 2 ccc´2 the first 5 minutes. It was clear that they were much, much more fired up as they were winning every run for the ball, even players with 8 in pace and acc beat my 18, 18 players to the ball. At this point I had to reconsider, maybe getting 1 point would be the best result here so o changed to 7. Defensive. They were now given a little more time on the ball but all my players were in position so they did not create anything dangerous. After 35 minutes we had a good run down the flank and scored 1-0. After that they went a flat 442 instead

H.T 1-0

Tweaks made: Decided to lift up the team a bit as I did not want to be that defensive anymore. If they were coming at us big time in second half I thought it would be bettr to actually attack them a but more so I switched to 6.Counter.

The Second half started by them having 2 corners but apart from that we seemed to control the game, exploiting the holes they left on the flanks when attacking. Nothing more happened during the game and we defended our selves with ease when they went 4-2-4 by using tight mark on the front 4 and closing down on their Mc and FB

Final Result 0 -1 (0 -1)

Match 7 EPL West Ham – Aston Villa 3–1 ( H.T 3-1 )

AI Formation: 4-1-2-2-1 (with AMR/L)

Our Starting version: 6. Counter

Marking system: removed the man marking in midfield

OI: tight mark close down hard tackle = Always on lone FC

Reasoning behind tactical choice: A.Villa were top of the league pre-game and I suspected that their Fbs would stay back most of the times whilst their wingers would bomb the flanks.

And I was right. They played direct balls up t their FC(Heskey) and advanced with half their team and since we most of the times took the ball from him, their whole midfield were out of position when we hit them on the break. We did this 6 times ( shown in extended highlights anyway) and scored 3 goals. After that I made a mistake and let them into the game again by continuing to play Quick Counter attack. They hit back 3-1 after having played a more defensive possession football for the rest of the half almost scoring twice more

H.T 3-1

Tweaks made: I changed to Balanced, again removing the man marking and implementing the same OI as from match start

The Second half started boring, boring, boring. They had 2 shots at target and we 4 for the remainder of the game

Final Result 3-1

Match 8 EPL Liverpool – West Ham 2 -3 ( H.T 2-1 )

AI Formation: 4231 with 2 DMC and AMR/L/C, FC

Our Starting version: 6.Counter

Marking system: removing the man marking

OI: Close Down/ always on FC and tight mark /always on the AMC

Reasoning behind tactical choice: 2 reasons. 1.) Its good against team playing like Liverpool, villa and..2.) It seems to suit my team

Both teams had a couple of chances before they scored 1-0. We miss a couple of easy runs before getting 1-1. I must admit I was a little worried about their 2 DMC as they had too much time on the ball. At the same time I did not want to drop my strikers down or raise my central midfielder. Just before halftime they scored 2-1 from a 40-yard fluke free kick.

H.T 2-1

Tweaks made: They changed to a 4231 with MC and the AMC in AMCleft and the FC in FCr so I did not have to worry about those DMC anymore

The Second half started with us really fired up as the team talk seemed to have done the trick. We scored 2-2 and as the game continued we pushed for a wining goal. We scored 3-2 from dodgy penalty (ha-ha). After that they went 4-2-4 and we implemented the usual OI, removed fwruns. No problem even though we finished the game with 10 men after Mr been sent off ( put the FCr in his position)

Top of the league !!

Final Result 2-3- (h.t.2 -1)

Played some more matches, noting spectacular so I will just give the result, reasoning of tactical choice

WON 2-0- West Bromw ( AWAY), . Played Attack Home as they had 6 defenders out injuried leaving them with a back 4 of boys only. Got a man(FCR) sent off in the 46;th, being 2-o up already so I went 7.Defensive and saw out the game

WON 1-0-Everton ( HOME) . Having lots of players out injuried, most of my attackers, I used no TM. Used Attack away and did so for whole match

WON 3-1-Middlesboro ( HOME) . same as in previous game but changed to Control after them scoring 1-0.

LOST 0-1-Stoke ( AWAY) . Started with Attack away and had a total of 7 ccc´s and they had no shots at all. They scored from a corner in the 96:th minute

WON 1-0- Blackburn (AWAY) . Still no TM used as I am playing crap youngster up front. Used Defensive for whole match

WON 1-0- Hull (HOME) Still no TM used as I am playing crap youngster up front. Used Control for whole match until they went 4-2-4, then I changed to attack away.

WON 1-0- Portsmouth (HOME) . For this game we had 7 yougsters in the team and I used 7. Defensive as I consider our players not good enough to attack and track back.

Still top of the league but we will most defenitely start loosing games, facing some hard teams in the the next 8 matches

is there any difference in this tac set than the one u sended me in pm earlyer?

if not i must say that i found the balanced and defensive ones wheren´t that stable,same goes for the most attacking ones with amc,altho i were quite happy with the counter,and attack versions,i basiclly only used those with quite good results,when i basiclly played home attack vs equal / lower teams,vs better teams i used counter or if i were up by a goal i mostly played counter and it worked well,but as soon as i late in the game changes to defensive i start to let opponent dominate the game and often i conceeded a late equaliser goal.

is there any difference in this tac set than the one u sended me in pm earlyer?

if not i must say that i found the balanced and defensive ones wheren´t that stable,same goes for the most attacking ones with amc,altho i were quite happy with the counter,and attack versions,i basiclly only used those with quite good results,when i basiclly played home attack vs equal / lower teams,vs better teams i used counter or if i were up by a goal i mostly played counter and it worked well,but as soon as i late in the game changes to defensive i start to let opponent dominate the game and often i conceeded a late equaliser goal.

Version changes has been made so It has to be redownloaded. :D

As for the defensive version you are right in that its not a good idea to let the AI dominate the game as the purpose of these version actually is the opposite, that we should be in control in a defensive manner. So if you already were in control there would have been no point in going down too many version

The balanced one is much more stable, the one I sent you was a tweak that did not go gold so to speak. As for Control and Overload these are version for special situation and if not being a top team you will probably not use them much at all except for Overload very late in games when chasing goal

well for a start what are your results with this?

I have overachieved with various teams( patch 9.2 and 9.3).The set have not been tweaked much since 9.2 as there was no need to so most of the results, full season, would be from 9.2 I am yet to finish a whole season with a top notch team in though.

Leeds, promotion: Plymouth 4;th, West Brom 9 th, and A. Villa Winners of EPL, are some of the most recent

Hurry up and go into Happy Hammer story mode :D

I have been making pre/in/post game notes from each match but need to sit down and rewright them so that they make sense as the text looks awefull, no full sentences etc. Will post up the first 3 now though as i did them last night

I can see just how much hard work has gone into this BH and i hope it gets the feedback it deserves.

Personally i still have massive issues with the ME and can only just about stand to watch Key Highlights, so the tactic tweaking has sadly made this a no no for me.

As i'm not playing the game right now, because i have not come across a decent tactic as yet for 9.3, i may very well have to come back and put the time and effort in to try to understand a little more?

Anyway, good luck and i hope you get some good feedback!

Garry

I will give this a go as I prefer playing with tactic sets than just one tactic. one question though did you get the results that you spoke about (beating Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea etc) with the latest patch?

I think alot of people including myself are finding the match engine has changed dramatically (no idea why) with the latest patch.

Cheers

I will give this a go as I prefer playing with tactic sets than just one tactic. one question though did you get the results that you spoke about (beating Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea etc) with the latest patch?

I think alot of people including myself are finding the match engine has changed dramatically (no idea why) with the latest patch.

Cheers

The result: Winning Premier League with A.Villa was in 9.3, the latest database and so was the result with Plymouth. Apart from that, I have not played any more full season i 9.3 but have on the other hand played about half a season with 12 other teams( I have used teams like Napoli, Betis, Twente, Hannover) and those results have been very good. (have not played with any top notch teams though, like Utd, Arsenal, Inter Barca etc)

The tactic was developed in 9.2 and have been tweaked( the positioning of the players i.e mentality, closing down and d-line) to suit 9.3, but generally the tactic works pretty much the same as in 9.2, just a little bit better. For me the ME has NOT changed dramatically at all as my previous version of the set did not exploit the flaws of it. Example: In 9.2 you could give the AI advancing MC or deep lying players time and space since they did not use it. But now you get punished very hard for doing so. My previous version did not give them that time in 9.2 so for me I did not have to change the tactic fundamentally the way many people now have to do, totally reposition their players, making their tactics even more unbalanced.

Very good tactic with Marseille, Thanks you :thup:

Not a bad result( the screenie you removed). What version were you using ?

It's always nice to see people making an effort in their posts, so well done mate a good job :)

Thanks ! Let hope I get some feedback on it.

I can see just how much hard work has gone into this BH and i hope it gets the feedback it deserves.

Personally i still have massive issues with the ME and can only just about stand to watch Key Highlights, so the tactic tweaking has sadly made this a no no for me.

As i'm not playing the game right now, because i have not come across a decent tactic as yet for 9.3, i may very well have to come back and put the time and effort in to try to understand a little more?

Anyway, good luck and i hope you get some good feedback!

Garry

Thanks mate :thup:

Do have a look in the second post, The happy hammer project. Doing rather well with them despite the very hard fixture list in the start of the season: Utd(a) Fulh(h) Che(a) arse(h) tott(a) arse(h in LC) puh:)

Giving it a go with FC Utrecht in 9.3

First match have just beaten my fierce rivals Ajax 3 - 0 using 'Balanced'

Second match we were beaten out of sight at PSV 4 -1 using 'Defensive'

Third match drew 4 -4 against De Graafschap using 'Counter'. We went 0 - 2 and then turned it around to 4 -2!

I seem to having a problem selecting the right tactic here BetterHalf - could you explain which tactic you need for the following?

1. Tough away match

2. Slight underdogs away

3. Slight favourites

4. Big favourites away

5. Big underdogs at home

6. Slight underdogs at home

7. Slight favourites at home

8. Heavy favourites at home

Cheers

Seems an exellent set so far, played 3 games so far and the results are as follows:

Bristol City 2 - 0 QPR. (Started with Attack Home and switched to Attack Away at half time.)

Charlton 1 - 3 Bristol City. (Started with Balanced, went 1 - 0 up early on but then went down to 10 men so switched to counter, 4 - 4 - 1, and it was a backs to the wall job.)

Bristol City 6 - 1 Sheff Utd!!!!! (Started with Attack Home and was 4 - 1 up at half time, and then switched to Attack Away, we were very dominant and the wing play with the full backs in the first half was exellent.)

Screenshots:

brisc.th.jpg

briscformations.th.jpg

Good work! I havent tried them all yet but there certainly seems to be some useful tactics there. Attack Home seems brilliant. I'm now upto 3rd place in the Championship, level on points with second place Cardiff and 1 point behind Birmingham, and my next game is Cardiff away.

Hi TBH!

I really like to play with tactic sets because you can use them from Blue Square to World Class.

I started a game with 9.3.0 with SC Freiburg in 2.Bundesliga. The team was predicted to be 5th in the league. After a disastrous start and 5 games without a win my team was heavily underperforming. I always played a 4-4-2. After 22 games we had W7 D8 L7 and found us in neverland of the table.

After the loss against Wehen Wiesbaden your TC where releaset, so i thought I give it a try.

SCFreiburg.png

We won the next 4 matches! The game against Ingolstadt was bad. We had 4 shots against 16. I couldn't handle to choose the right tactic for the game. But after that we were back and won the next to. So take a look at the table!

2.Bundesliga.png

With 6 games to go we have the chance to get on a promotion spot!!! I wouldn't expect that after the first games of the season and I'm sure that we could stand at the top if we played your TC earlier! :thup:

If we don't go up I think that we will do next year with TBH TC! THX for this great set!

P.S. Could you give some advice which tactic to choose in which situation? I think if i can pick the right tactics we could be unbeatable!

Edit: Forget to mention that none of my goals came from corners! This tactics don't need the corner cheat to be succesfull! By the way won the next match against Ahlen 3:0. I love to see my strikers score!

With matches against Nürnberg and Kaiserslautern there is still a chance to do the unbelievable!!!

I have decided to give this set a go, played 3 league games so far... and i must say this tactic set is awesome so far.

I am Man City.

Beat Fulham home *3-0* ( Attack home )

Beat Liverpool away *4-1* !! ( Attack away then defensive )

Beat Tottenham home *2-1* ( Attack home then tryed balanced )

Works amazing with the latest patch, I hope the good results and performances continue.

If I got it right it makes no sense what type of player you use as FCL. He always swaps position with the FCR.

I played different types of strikers (strong target man, quick creative striker) and they all did well.

The last games i played Miroslav Slepicka as semi-targetman. He has Jumping 7, Heading 12, Pace 14, Dribbling 18, Technic 16. He scored 6 goals in the last 7 matches! ;)

I seem to having a problem selecting the right tactic here BetterHalf - could you explain which tactic you need for the following?

1. Tough away match

2. Slight underdogs away

/..../

7. Slight favourites at home

8. Heavy favourites at home

Cheers

I am sorry, but I actually cant since there are more variables to take into account than just how media/bookies ranks the teams. Lets say that you are West Ham and playing away against a team that you know - either from scout reports, previous saves or by playing the match in "full match" for the first 5 minutes - to play wide, slow, attacking, a tactic similar to our 2. Control. Would you play the same way against this team if they instead playing a quicker, more direct game with lots of crosses into the box, near post, constantly putting your defenders under pressure with their high closing down.

Have a look at my " Happy hammer Project" in the second post and the first rcommendation about version picking at the top of the starting post, to get a better understanding of the reasoning behindthe version picking. If you have a more specific questions, like how to play a team using....playing a ...formation. etc. etc, i will be more than willing to help you

What are the necessary OI? None are in bold.....

Thanks mate, will edit it now.:thup:

Hi TBH!

P.S. Could you give some advice which tactic to choose in which situation? I think if i can pick the right tactics we could be unbeatable!

!

Almost the same answer as above. Why don't you write a match report, like mine in the Happy hammer project. Do it during whilst playing the match and take your time to very specific with the reasoning. Like in real life, its always much easier to analyze things when putting them into writing. After the match have a look at it and compare it to the description of the tactic( in starting post). If you feel like it , please post it up with your post match analyze on your decision. What went wrong, wheta did you do that was so good etc.

is the target man a drogba type, or is a defoe type or deos it change depending on the tactic

I qoute my words in the starting post

The Forwards

"Let me be clear on this first: They swap position in every tactic…and the FCL should be put in the Target man list in all versions…..so sometimes the target man will go deep to get the ball and sometimes he will play on the shoulder of the last defender… and the Target man supply is different in the versions. Does it sound like we need to have 2 World class “Complete Forwards”? Actually, we don’t. But what is important, apart from the ability to convert chances, is the movement without ball. It does not matter of one is a heading monster with only 11 on pace or of one of them have 4 in both heading and strength. As long as they have some specific competence that combined with higher than average (as always for level played at) smartness and movement without ball you will be fine."

Ok..I'm predicted to come 14th out of 14 teams..Play the defensive version quite all the time..Most of my opponents play a 442,a plain one..So,I close down their two MC's,but..the problem is which of their two FC's schould I tight man mark?Should I close down the other one too or leave him on default?Is lloking at the goals they have scored till that time or at their assists a guide to choose oh this one is the def. FC-->he is the TM-->close down always, whereas the other one not?

Almost the same answer as above. Why don't you write a match report, like mine in the Happy hammer project. Do it during whilst playing the match and take your time to very specific with the reasoning. Like in real life, its always much easier to analyze things when putting them into writing. After the match have a look at it and compare it to the description of the tactic( in starting post). If you feel like it , please post it up with your post match analyze on your decision. What went wrong, wheta did you do that was so good etc.

[/i]

So here we go:

Played away against FC Ingolstadt. To show you the opponents strength I would say that if I were like Newcastle then Ingolstadt would be like Hull City.

I were favorit in this game. Ingolstadt was unbeaten in the last 8 games, so i decided to start with Attack Away. Ingolstadt played a 4-4-2 Diamond.

Ingolstadt suprised me by playing very offensive against me. They always closed down my wingers and fullbacks near the midfield. They pressed us in our own half. To counter that I went down to balanced. 5 minutes later they got 1:0 in front. I had no shot on goal at this time. Because they were still pressing i choosed to counter. At half time it was still 1:0 and we got no shot on goal.

After 67. minutes they scored the second goal. To get anything out of the game I decided to play attack home. Now I got a few chances, but no ccc's. The game went out and they had totally dominated my team. I still don't now how I had a chance to win this game.

Do you have any tips for me how to read the match engine? Can you explain on what points of the opponents game you look for? Do you scout the opponent and do this give me a real lead of how the opponent will be playing in the upcoming match?

THX for your time!

So here we go:

Played away against FC Ingolstadt. To show you the opponents strength I would say that if I were like Newcastle then Ingolstadt would be like Hull City.

I were favorit in this game. Ingolstadt was unbeaten in the last 8 games, so i decided to start with Attack Away. Ingolstadt played a 4-4-2 Diamond.

Ingolstadt suprised me by playing very offensive against me. They always closed down my wingers and fullbacks near the midfield. They pressed us in our own half. To counter that I went down to balanced. 5 minutes later they got 1:0 in front. I had no shot on goal at this time. Because they were still pressing i choosed to counter. At half time it was still 1:0 and we got no shot on goal.

After 67. minutes they scored the second goal. To get anything out of the game I decided to play attack home. Now I got a few chances, but no ccc's. The game went out and they had totally dominated my team. I still don't now how I had a chance to win this game.

Do you have any tips for me how to read the match engine? Can you explain on what points of the opponents game you look for? Do you scout the opponent and do this give me a real lead of how the opponent will be playing in the upcoming match?

THX for your time!

I had similar problems playing with Chelsea, at home against Bolton. Bolton played 4-1-4-1 with 2 wingers, and basically their whole midfield behind the ball. Despite trying various different versions, Elmaner seems to run riot. His dribbling is 12, alright his pace is 16 but he played like Maradona!

So here we go:

THX for your time!

I always look at the scout report before the game. Sometimes it can be very helpful but sometimes there is not much in it. If the report say that they play with lots off men behind the ball then a quick and direct game would probably be suicidal as we would loose out in possession just as our players are making the fwruns, leaving them caught out of their defensive positions. In this case it would be best to play a more controlling version, 1.) control or 4. Attack away. But at other times the information is

As for your away game against Ingolstadt , have a look at the passing stats of their DMC, did he have a very high completion % ?( I would suspect so). It can in these cases be a good idea to let your FCr man-mark him tight and use the OI Close Down/Always to stop him from dictating the game. If you lost to much possession I would have switched to Counter ( or maybe attack home) much earlier in the game, using man-marking in the flanks but not with our MC. Playing Attack Home could also have been a good starting version

But in the end it sounds like they were in really good form and were much more motivated then your players

I had similar problems playing with Chelsea, at home against Bolton. Bolton played 4-1-4-1 with 2 wingers, and basically their whole midfield behind the ball. Despite trying various different versions, Elmander seems to run riot. His dribbling is 12, alright his pace is 16 but he played like Maradona!

In this game i would have used 2.Control, no question about it. I would probably also have used all the suggested OI. I think that playing this set with Chelsea, you will probably use Control for most of your home games ans start the most of the away games with either 3.Attack Home or 4. Attack away

I always look at the scout report before the game. Sometimes it can be very helpful but sometimes there is not much in it. If the report say that they play with lots off men behind the ball then a quick and direct game would probably be suicidal as we would loose out in possession just as our players are making the fwruns, leaving them caught out of their defensive positions. In this case it would be best to play a more controlling version, 1.) control or 4. Attack away. But at other times the information is

As for your away game against Ingolstadt , have a look at the passing stats of their DMC, did he have a very high completion % ?( I would suspect so). It can in these cases be a good idea to let your FCr man-mark him tight and use the OI Close Down/Always to stop him from dictating the game. If you lost to much possession I would have switched to Counter ( or maybe attack home) much earlier in the game, using man-marking in the flanks but not with our MC. Playing Attack Home could also have been a good starting version

But in the end it sounds like they were in really good form and were much more motivated then your players

In this game i would have used 2.Control, no question about it. I would probably also have used all the suggested OI. I think that playing this set with Chelsea, you will probably use Control for most of your home games ans start the most of the away games with either 3.Attack Home or 4. Attack away

Thanks for the prompt response. Tricky away game coming up at Everton, I'll let you know how it goes.

If they play 4411 remember to Close Down Always on the Fc and Tight mark Always on the AMC., its crucial

Ended 2-1 Everton. Disappointing really but I'm thinking about a couple of tweaks to make it suit the players I've got. I know this is supposed to suit all teams but theres a couple of things in there that I don't think are working for me.

Hi TBH!

Thanks for your advice. You were right! Their DMC had 41 passes with 30 to man!

Played a game in Duisburg and they like Ingolstadt played a 4-4-2 Diamond. They were clear favorit, but my scout said they would play very defensive. So I decided to play balanced and followed your instructions above.

So look how it went:

MSVDuisburg-SCFreiburg.png

MSVDuisburg-SCFreiburg-2.png

They really had no chance against us!

So I have to thank you that we are still in the race for the promotion spot! Last 3 games are (H) Nürnberg, (A) St.Pauli and (H) Kaiserslautern. I believe we can do it!

2.Bundesliga-2.png

I am just about to try this but I do want to ask one thing.

Will it work if you don't use the Opposition Instructions?

Yes but....

-One will be much more vulnerable when not picking the right version. Lets say you pick balanced( wrong choice) instead of Control(right choice). You will probably sit to deep with your team, giving the opposition too much time on the ball. Of you were using the OI against their strikers, you would still have them under control

- If facing minor opposition that still possesses 2 good forwards( like all teams in La Liga, no matter being a bottom team) and you were playing attacking and they were playing defensive with possession in-between your stratas, we would by not implementing the OI give them too much control of the game.

Would you mind clarifying what Swap Position actually does though?

The players swap instructions and positions. This means that the AI cant use man-mark, that they cant use OI like intended, and that the build up, when using a target man, will be a bit different as he sometimes comes deep to run on to the ball and sometimes stay forward and make runs into channels in behind their d-line. There are also negative sides of it. If you for example have one striker that have the ppm " comes deep to get the ball" the tactic will suffer when both he and his partner does so if one of them is setup that way in his instructions

The players swap instructions and positions. This means that the AI cant use man-mark, that they cant use OI like intended, and that the build up, when using a target man, will be a bit different as he sometimes comes deep to run on to the ball and sometimes stay forward and make runs into channels in behind their d-line. There are also negative sides of it. If you for example have one striker that have the ppm " comes deep to get the ball" the tactic will suffer when both he and his partner does so if one of them is setup that way in his instructions

Ah, right, so the Target Man actually ends up with the instructions for the FCR?

Ah, right, so the Target Man actually ends up with the instructions for the FCR?

That is correct:) At the moment though, I have removed the target man from the list. Its working slightly better under the following circumstances

1. ) All my good FC´s are out injured

2. ) My team have serious gelling problems and are buckling up under the pressure of being top of the table. This results in that the passes towards the TM tends to be more of the hoofing style and much less accurate than 2 months ago. In one match,. using a TM, I counted the completed passing ratio on balls intended towards the TM to be less then 10 %.

This tactic set has really helped stabilise my struggling Spurs team. We have been very inconsistent all season, and sitting in lower mid-table. Since adopting this set I have 6 wins, 4 draws and 2 defeats. Very encouraging as the wins have come against good opposition (all mid-table prem teams + Valencia), draws against some of the biggest teams and the only defeats have been at Chelsea and Valencia.

Season is over now, but I will certainly be continuing with it next season. May the good results continue!

Archived