Football Manager Wiki

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were you thinking of something along the lines of this?

fmwikilogo-2.jpg?t=1256387878

I spent about 30 seconds throwing together, so I know it's crap. Obviously the affiliate logo needs resizing and probably shouldn't be in the left hand corner.

I've reworded it, so the points start with what they are going to discuss.

Do you think it looks a bit too robotic and unnatural? If so, I'll change it back.

Looks fine imo :thup:

New coaches atributes needed for 7 star training

ddm = determination + discipline + motivating

strength, aerobics

fit * 9 + ddm * 2 >= 270 -> 7 >= 240 -> 6 >= 210 -> 5

etc .....

This section could use a little more clarity

eg

Strength or Aerobics
Fitness*9 + ddm*2
210+ = 5
240+ = 6
270+ = 7

or even in a small table based format, just to make it more readable & understandable at a quick glance

eg

Strength or Aerobics
Fitness*9 + ddm*2
210+ = 5
240+ = 6
270+ = 7

or even in a small table based format, just to make it more readable & understandable at a quick glance

That has changed for FM10, as it is now out of 5 stars now 7. I agree that it isn't too understandable, it's taken from the forums I think. Not sure if it's worth changing it when the new one for FM10 will probably be out soon.

Thanks for pointing that out though :)

eg

Strength or Aerobics
Fitness*9 + ddm*2
210+ = 5
240+ = 6
270+ = 7

That's from the training page, isn't it? I'll see if I can change things around in a bit :thup:

I'd planned more for the middle, but that looks like a better idea. I'd thought like below;

but it looks odd. If we were a FML affiliate too it'd look better with two underneath the main badge, but not with just one. Something like this then;

?

Second one looks good imo.

I don't like either one if I'm being honest. I think the affiliate logo should be made a good bit smaller. If it still doesn't look great after that, I think we should leave it out of the top left hand corner of the page and work it into the 'why have we set this up' box.

That has changed for FM10, as it is now out of 5 stars now 7. I agree that it isn't too understandable, it's taken from the forums I think. Not sure if it's worth changing it when the new one for FM10 will probably be out soon.

Thanks for pointing that out though :)

I think we should do it anyway - and just say 'this applies to FM09' or something like that.

eg

Strength or Aerobics
Fitness*9 + ddm*2
210+ = 5
240+ = 6
270+ = 7

http://footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Training

Do you think it looks any better now? I found it difficult to figure it out myself so I might have made a mess of it in places.

That looks a lot better Alan, however it's quite lengthy so maybe we could have it all on a separate page? When we have the FM10 spec on there too, it'll be an amazingly long page.

So maybe we should have both FM09 and FM10 on separate pages, or have FM10 on the main Training page then FM09 on its own page?

Okay then, imo either

- Have seperate pages for Training/FM10 Specs/FM09 specs

or

- Have Training + FM10 Specs/FM09 Spec pages.

We'll try the latter when the FM10 specs are out - I reckon it'll be fine but it depends how long they are.

yep it all looks a lot less complicated (or as uncomplicated as that system can :p)

a subpage per FM version would keep it niceley focussed too

i quote from the fm wiki site:

'They are the Premier League's reigning champions, and have won England's top division 17 times, one short of Liverpool's record of 18 league titles'

im quite sure its 18-a-piece right now

Don't know what you mean ;)

Any chance that you can keep us up-to-date with the transfers at Forest Luke? Can you PM me when changes occur and i'll keep the Forest page up-to-date.

Don't know what you mean ;)

Any chance that you can keep us up-to-date with the transfers at Forest Luke? Can you PM me when changes occur and i'll keep the Forest page up-to-date.

yh sure no probs!!! and with the cheeky wink at the end i guess u knew really lol ;)

yh sure no probs!!! and with the cheeky wink at the end i guess u knew really lol ;)

It was my mistake as i'd copied it from the FM09 thread without proof reading it. If you want to update the site just request an account on the site.

Ive started my first game with Chesterfield who have 4 players on loan but theyre not in the squad list. Is this the case for anyone elses teams?
Do these work in FM10?

Because, randomly, I get some that don't appear :thdn:

None of the Spanish or Scottish appear.

Alan you weirdo, what are you talking about? Stupid spammer :thdn:

;)

It'd be quite a lot of work mate, and I think most of them say what colour the kits are anyway but it's up to you - it would look quite good I suppose. It's another thing that might need updating when a patch is released, too. It depends if you think it'd be worth the amount of work it would need?

What do you think of this page? I found out how to link to a certain section of the page;

[[Resource Archiver#Browse Archive|Browse Archive]]

That'd take you to the Browse Archive section on the Resource Archiver page.

Page 10 :eek:

Shows how many more threads are started just after a release [at least half could have been avoided by using the search function - another place another time for that moan I know!].

I've updated the Steam achievements page with the descriptions but not added the points that each are worth due to me not installing via Steam.

Archived