change rules of substitution

Cristo69

• 2 weeks later...
En 28/11/2020 a las 10:01, Wolf_pd dijo:

It is in the advanced rules section under the league settings in the league you want

Go to Premier Division >> Stages >> Stage 0 - League >> League Settings

Hello, I no longer know where to look to edit the substitution rules. Someone could help me? I have experience editing databases, but I have not been able to do it in the 2021 version of the editor. It is not the same as the previous versions.

hace 6 horas, Wolf_pd dijo:

It works exactly as I describe, except that FM21 has a pull down menu where you have to pick the competition you want to change the rules of.

Stages cannot be edited. It is only possible if you create a new competition. But if you want for example to change the substitution rules in the Premier League or any other competition, it is not possible.

Try doing it and you will see what I say.

In the case that such rules can be edited, please tell me how because it is not visible anywhere.

hace 1 hora, Wolf_pd dijo:

I tried editing the subs in the Premier League. The result is the Premier League now works with 5 subs from 12. See the file I included here.

Can you check if you have set the filter in the left lower corner to Active fields only?

Hi, thanks for helping. It is not possible to see that data and be able to edit it. If I wanted to put 3 changes of 11 substitutes, it is not possible to edit it. It is only visible and configurable if you create a new competition, but if you want to edit, it is not possible because it does not show where to do it.

3689227625f9a05eae4f8aa43afe205f.png

7b1627ec44a765fbe8ac547e8fb956eb.png

This year the menu of advanced rules has changed. No longer possible: >> Stages >> Stage 0 - League >> League Settings

In theory where should it be now?

I have searched all the visible rules and I cannot find that rule you said.

In the competition it only shows this:

0eba62234645e3fb91e7fa8b959e3c68.png

Edited by dandy_bandidos

It would be weird to upload a file here that works for me and doesn't work for you.

To show you were to look I have set my language and data language to Spanish

First for the checkbox, that read Solo Campos activos. That should NOT have a check in front of it. If you have it checked, the editor will hide certain data.

image.png.3b5da58499256c244e5e334fb8b5246e.png

Next step we go to the Advanced Rules

image.png.bca103091f559b0b2ccfb2b2b6d6ea16.png

This years editor doesn't show you a complete list of nation and competitions in advanced rules, but a pulldown menu. It is annoying, but means you have to select the competition before you can start editing a competition. So you select Premier Division Inglaterra

image.png.e6f9183be18293a310810a0c68a6b984.png

Doing that will show you the advanced for the English Premier League. Next you can follow my instructions. You will see that if you choose Fases you will get Stage 0 - leag (Liga)

image.png.008c862dd5dbf61d86f0c688aa26421a.png

Open Stage 0 - leag (Liga) and you will get the list under it, including Configuracion de Liga

image.png.811696b9e9c88086b25301485ffd13dd.png

Click Configuracion de Liga and you will find the Subs rules.

hace 33 minutos, Wolf_pd dijo:

It would be weird to upload a file here that works for me and doesn't work for you.

First for the checkbox, that read Solo Campos activos. That should NOT have a check in front of it. If you have it checked, the editor will hide certain data.

This years editor doesn't show you a complete list of nation and competitions in advanced rules, but a pulldown menu. It is annoying, but means you have to select the competition before you can start editing a competition. So you select Premier Division Inglaterra

Doing that will show you the advanced for the English Premier League. Next you can follow my instructions. You will see that if you choose Fases you will get Stage 0 - leag (Liga)

Open Stage 0 - leag (Liga) and you will get the list under it, including Configuracion de Liga

Thank you very much !!

That was exactly what he couldn't find. My English is very bad. I understood that you were telling me to leave the box checked. Thanks for taking the time to help me.

• 1 month later...

I've been changing the Subs Permitted rules for competitions within England in the editor, have tested the rules in the editor and saved the data. When I load it in game I'm finding strange differences where the competitions are not using the same rules as I selected in the editor.

For example the FA Cup, I wanted the rule 5 from 7 with 1 Extra Time Sub, selected that in the editor, however in game it is still defaulting to 3 from 7 with 1 extra time sub for all stages of the competition.

Some other competitions as well such as the Caraboa Cup are still in game showing 3 from 5 subs, rather then again the 5 from 7 with 1 extra time sub that is set in the editor.

Leagues are also showing weird rules where I had set all the leagues from Premiership down to Vanarama National North & South to be 5 from 7 subs, the game is showing 5 from 7 (Maximum 3 Stoppages), which I suppose you can live and work with but it's still not right.

Why is the game not loading and using the data set within the editor file? Other events are also broken, like the Community Shield, I set that to allow 12 from 12 subs, basically swap your whole team like you can in a friendly. Yet the game is limiting it still to 3 from 5 or whatever.

I did some more tinkering in the database. What I hadn't noticed originally is that for some reason it seems the Cup Competitions had multiple entries, like it shows FA Cup, FA Cup 2020 etc and I was only editing the Sub Rules of one and not all the other duplicated competitions below. I'm guessing the original database I was editing was trying to have different rules for different years.

I also noticed for many of the competitions that even though I was changing the Sub Rules in Round Defaults, there was also another section a little way down in editor for actual Rounds, and I had to set the Sub Rules for each separate round of the competition as well.

Edit 13:50 - Just loaded up a new save file, with only this Database and the License Fix stuff activated. When I check the leagues the Championship, League 1 & League 2 all have the wrong subs rules, again in game it's showing the Maximum 3 Stoppages addition, which is not in the editor. The editor shows me 5 from 9 and 5 from 7, so have no idea why in game this is then being changed to 5 from 9 Max 3 Stoppages or 5 from 7 Max 3 stoppages. All the Cup rules now for Community Shield, FA Cup and Carabao Cup all seem correct now, and even checking the "Next Season" tab when viewing rules in game it's not changing. So I just wonder why there is a difference now between League Data in the Editor and then what the game actually puts in.

Edited by cwattyeso
Additional Findings after original post.

On 12/12/2020 at 23:37, Wolf_pd said:

Ok so, sorry for the trouble, but can you do this in english also please?

On 20/01/2021 at 09:35, cwattyeso said:

I've been changing the Subs Permitted rules for competitions within England in the editor, have tested the rules in the editor and saved the data. When I load it in game I'm finding strange differences where the competitions are not using the same rules as I selected in the editor.

For example the FA Cup, I wanted the rule 5 from 7 with 1 Extra Time Sub, selected that in the editor, however in game it is still defaulting to 3 from 7 with 1 extra time sub for all stages of the competition.

Some other competitions as well such as the Caraboa Cup are still in game showing 3 from 5 subs, rather then again the 5 from 7 with 1 extra time sub that is set in the editor.

Leagues are also showing weird rules where I had set all the leagues from Premiership down to Vanarama National North & South to be 5 from 7 subs, the game is showing 5 from 7 (Maximum 3 Stoppages), which I suppose you can live and work with but it's still not right.

Why is the game not loading and using the data set within the editor file? Other events are also broken, like the Community Shield, I set that to allow 12 from 12 subs, basically swap your whole team like you can in a friendly. Yet the game is limiting it still to 3 from 5 or whatever.

On 24/01/2021 at 08:06, cwattyeso said:

I did some more tinkering in the database. What I hadn't noticed originally is that for some reason it seems the Cup Competitions had multiple entries, like it shows FA Cup, FA Cup 2020 etc and I was only editing the Sub Rules of one and not all the other duplicated competitions below. I'm guessing the original database I was editing was trying to have different rules for different years.

I also noticed for many of the competitions that even though I was changing the Sub Rules in Round Defaults, there was also another section a little way down in editor for actual Rounds, and I had to set the Sub Rules for each separate round of the competition as well.

Edit 13:50 - Just loaded up a new save file, with only this Database and the License Fix stuff activated. When I check the leagues the Championship, League 1 & League 2 all have the wrong subs rules, again in game it's showing the Maximum 3 Stoppages addition, which is not in the editor. The editor shows me 5 from 9 and 5 from 7, so have no idea why in game this is then being changed to 5 from 9 Max 3 Stoppages or 5 from 7 Max 3 stoppages. All the Cup rules now for Community Shield, FA Cup and Carabao Cup all seem correct now, and even checking the "Next Season" tab when viewing rules in game it's not changing. So I just wonder why there is a difference now between League Data in the Editor and then what the game actually puts in.

This may be because of the "covid rules" with some competitions using different rules (ex subs) this season, but reverting to "normal" next season.  

I've been able to get it to work by editing BOTH sets of competittion rules. 

Now what I'm trying to figure out is how to edition UEFA Champions League and Europa League Squad Registration size and/or exempting U21s from requiring registering. 

I managed to change the rule for substitution in Serie A and Serie BKT (Italy) to 5 for 12 (max 3 stoppages). But when I test the rules, it says that a lot of minor leagues have a number of teams not complaint with the league rules. But I didn't change anything in the lower league.

Moreover, I would like to put this chenge in the substitutions in the current save I'm playing because I don't want to start from the beginning with a new save. Is it possbile?

Thanks

Le 08/02/2021 à 18:08, Tesvia a dit :

I managed to change the rule for substitution in Serie A and Serie BKT (Italy) to 5 for 12 (max 3 stoppages). But when I test the rules, it says that a lot of minor leagues have a number of teams not complaint with the league rules. But I didn't change anything in the lower league.

Moreover, I would like to put this chenge in the substitutions in the current save I'm playing because I don't want to start from the beginning with a new save. Is it possbile?

Thanks

Try this link

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2354703914

Edited by Samuel77

• 1 month later...

Hi! I have an active save and want to change the sub rules for 21/22 premier league season from 3 from 9 instead of 3 from 7. Followed the guide in the editor, hit “test rules” but the rules aren’t changed in my save. What am I doing wrong?

On 12/12/2020 at 12:41, Wolf_pd said:

I tried editing the subs in the Premier League. The result is the Premier League now works with 5 subs from 12. See the file I included here.

Can you check if you have set the filter in the left lower corner to Active fields only?

Test File.fmf 41.61 kB · 11 downloads

Sorry that I'm not up to standard here, but what does the file do? Can I upload it to get the (e.g.) subs rules to be according to my wishes?
I'm trying to change Premier League subs to 3 from 9 in the 21/22 season as the games switches back to 3 from 7 after 20/21 season..

Kind regards

6 hours ago, Stevmon said:

Sorry that I'm not up to standard here, but what does the file do? Can I upload it to get the (e.g.) subs rules to be according to my wishes?
I'm trying to change Premier League subs to 3 from 9 in the 21/22 season as the games switches back to 3 from 7 after 20/21 season..

Kind regards

Go to Advanced Rules > Premier Leauge > Premier League (Default) > Stages > Stage 0 - leag (League) > League Setting

Scroll down on the League Setting page and you'll find Substittution Rules 

The same can be done for Championship, League 1, 2, etc and Cups.

That will change for FUTURE seasons only.  

If you wanted to change first season, you'd do the same except start under Additional Helpers > Move Dates, Schedule Change Due to Virus Restrictions....

37 minutes ago, DominicForza said:

Go to Advanced Rules > Premier Leauge > Premier League (Default) > Stages > Stage 0 - leag (League) > League Setting

If you wanted to change first season, you'd do the same except start under Additional Helpers > Move Dates, Schedule Change Due to Virus Restrictions....

Hi! I’m in September 2021 and just tried to change the PL rule. I found it in the editor, but didn’t work in the game. You are saying it will be applied in my save from the next season (22/23)?

38 minutes ago, DominicForza said:

Is there no way to change subs rules for 21/22 season if I’m in September 21?

1 minute ago, Stevmon said:

Is there no way to change subs rules for 21/22 season if I’m in September 21?

No.  At least not if I understand your question correctly.  You are hoping to change the substittution rules in an already in progress save, right?  No, Pre-Game Editor can't do that.  Neither can the In-Game Editor. 

The Pre-Game editor only works BEFORE the creation of a new game.   If you're already into a save you are stuck with the rules as they are.  

Using the path I posted above will change setting for season 21/22 and every season afterwards.

Because of the changes to 20/21 season Covid rule changes, to change substituttion (or other) rules for 20/21 it's done under Additional Helpers.

10 minutes ago, DominicForza said:

No.  At least not if I understand your question correctly.  You are hoping to change the substittution rules in an already in progress save, right?  No, Pre-Game Editor can't do that.  Neither can the In-Game Editor. 

The Pre-Game editor only works BEFORE the creation of a new game.   If you're already into a save you are stuck with the rules as they are.  

Using the path I posted above will change setting for season 21/22 and every season afterwards.

Because of the changes to 20/21 season Covid rule changes, to change substituttion (or other) rules for 20/21 it's done under Additional Helpers.

I am using the in game editor. If I use that in my excising save (I’m in September 2021) with the above mentioned steps, the rules will change in my existing save from next season (21/22) onwards?

6 hours ago, Stevmon said:

I am using the in game editor. If I use that in my excising save (I’m in September 2021) with the above mentioned steps, the rules will change in my existing save from next season (21/22) onwards?

No.   The steps I posted for the Pre-Game Editor will only take effect in a NEW game.  It won't do anything for a game that has already been started.  

It also requires using Advanced Rules, not the basic Database editting.  This is my first year using Advanced Rules, and it is pretty daunting to use initially.  It certain was, and is for me!

You can direct message me and I'll help you if I can.    

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. 

I am trying to change the number of substitutions in England, foremost the Premier division and the big Cups (FA cup and Carabao). I want to change from 3 of 7 to 5 of 12 substitutions. 

I have found how to do it but when I try to test/verify the rules a problem occurs. I get the following message:

"Premier League Professional Development League, Number of teams in competition (23) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings"? How can I fix this? 

This is the first time I'm using the advanced rules. Would appreciate if someone could help me with this. 

Am 20.4.2021 um 16:46 schrieb Imrick:

Hi. 

I am trying to change the number of substitutions in England, foremost the Premier division and the big Cups (FA cup and Carabao). I want to change from 3 of 7 to 5 of 12 substitutions. 

I have found how to do it but when I try to test/verify the rules a problem occurs. I get the following message:

"Premier League Professional Development League, Number of teams in competition (23) doesn't match expected number of teams from rankings"? How can I fix this? 

This is the first time I'm using the advanced rules. Would appreciate if someone could help me with this. 

I have the same problem. I wanted to change other sub rules, but i get the exact same message.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/05/2021 at 21:46, fel1pe said:

@Wolf_pd

I'm playing with the Brazilian league and the main league is already 5 out of 12, but state and cup of Brazil still maintains 3 out of 12. The files are correct and identical to your post. Do you know what it can be?

BRMUP - Brasil Mundi UP (Brasil Formato Real) FM21.fmf 400.43 kB · 0 downloads

You need to change all competitions, one by one...

Hi, this was very helpful and it worked great. i was able to change league substitution rules within some minutes.

But my problem is that i can change the substition rules of one nation, but dont know how to implement changes of the subsitution rules for international cups (Champions Cup and Europe Cup)

Hopefully someone can help me out. 

Saludos and happy weekend

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

For those having issues changing the substitutes, because of the Covid measures in various nations, the substitution rules have been changed for the first season only. These 1 year changes can be found in the additional helpers. You can find the additional helpers at the end of the list for every competition.

On 19/05/2021 at 20:47, Wolf_pd said:

image.png.0b15c4067b631e977801b355392ca74e.png

image.png.1c7e686ba0fd1fcb351af0465dd4f20d.png

image.png.189e982b0160183e878d9a1e03a7141c.png

image.png.91d23c5bb1ee1e9ddbea98fef17f9007.png

image.thumb.png.6d27564310f3304a7f5eef528a6fb041.png

image.thumb.png.0bc951a4374d55ac432f0d9c2fb810cb.png

Follow the screenshots and you go from nothing to changing substitutes in a few minutes. After that it is verifying and you're done.

Hi there. Thanks for the explanation. They are very helpful indeed. I'm trying to do the following substitute rule:

21-22 season 3 form 7

22-23 onwards 5 from 9 (3 stoppages).

Is this at all possible and if so, could somebody point me in the right direction to edit the England file please?

Thanking the community in advance.

• 2 months later...

I followed these guides and I think I made substitution changes from 3 to 5 in Spain. I saved it to .fmf file.

The question. Do I need to make one by one for each country such .fmf file with one change.

Or I need to load prevoius and make changesi in one . fmf file? Which is more correct for performance or idk?

6 hours ago, ruiks said:

I followed these guides and I think I made substitution changes from 3 to 5 in Spain. I saved it to .fmf file.

The question. Do I need to make one by one for each country such .fmf file with one change.

Or I need to load prevoius and make changesi in one . fmf file? Which is more correct for performance or idk?

each country needs separate file (unfortunately). 

When I edited and testing new rules for substitution, it messaged like this. How 23 teams? I change nothing out of substitution. I'm realize it's database conflict. By the time I'm using oldest db, it's work correctly. But my game is started on 21.4 update and can't do well as message shown. If somebody can say how many subs after 2021-22 season, should I go with 7 for one season?

Untitled.jpg

Edited by Kizarno

• 2 weeks later...
On 19.02.2022 at 19:50, ruiks said:

Hello, I have a question about Bundesliga I hope you can help me. Subs number in Bundesliga 21-22 was 5 originally when that season ended and I started 22-23 subs become 3. Then I bought ingame editor to change it. Can I change subs rule for a ongoing season or can I only change it when starting a new game?

On 19.06.2021 at 10:48, Wolf_pd said:

See your other thread for my respons.

Hello, I have a question about Bundesliga I hope you can help me. Subs number in Bundesliga 21-22 was 5 originally when that season ended and I started 22-23 subs become 3. Then I bought ingame editor to change it. Can I change subs rule for a ongoing season or can I only change it when starting a new game?

11 hours ago, Turkishmanager said:

I believe you can only change it for new games (existing games can only be changed via the in-game editor, or purely cosmetic files outside the editor). I think substitution rules can only be changed with the free pre-game editor, so it would have to be for a new save.

1 saat önce, rusty217 said:

I believe you can only change it for new games (existing games can only be changed via the in-game editor, or purely cosmetic files outside the editor). I think substitution rules can only be changed with the free pre-game editor, so it would have to be for a new save.

I have in-game editor, I want to change existing game.

• 2 weeks later...
В 14.03.2022 в 02:57, Turkishmanager сказал:

I have in-game editor, I want to change existing game.

Sorry. Maybe late, but you can't change existing game/

You need to create changes and make database file and create a new save with adding this file before creating.