Why hasn't anyone noticed this?

Libero (support) just sits back and never moves to the midfield to provide support for possession play

Libero is suppose to move up and provide support to midfield 

Can someone test this out for me.. play 5 at the back and play a Libero (Support)?

Please spread the word so the developers can fix this quickly

image.png.f2471725371d602b4b92fc07053af87b.png

Edited by kingking

Just to check, Laporte hasn't been given any man-marking instructions or anything? He is awfully close to that man.

In previous versions of FM, I've had issues with a Libero that they left a huge gap in the back 3 as the other 2 CDs didn't move in to cover the space, often leaving a sole striker totally unmarked in the middle. Maybe this version of the game has done something to stop the Lib vacating space if there is a striker there (notice in Rashidi's post that the opposition have no-one up front and there are still three other players in defence).

33 minutes ago, Marabak said:

Just to check, Laporte hasn't been given any man-marking instructions or anything? He is awfully close to that man.

In previous versions of FM, I've had issues with a Libero that they left a huge gap in the back 3 as the other 2 CDs didn't move in to cover the space, often leaving a sole striker totally unmarked in the middle. Maybe this version of the game has done something to stop the Lib vacating space if there is a striker there (notice in Rashidi's post that the opposition have no-one up front and there are still three other players in defence).

I've tested this again with Chelsea and my conclusion is that Libero (Support) stays back and doesn't move forward however Libero (Attack) moves further forward to help midfield.

Is it intentional that a Libero (Support) plays the same as a Ball Playing Defender (Support)?

• Setting my Libero to attack makes him go higher up even when the opponents striker is near him. So Libero (Attack) is the right role to use in order to make him go forward image.png.0545086287ff1c57f0a9c9d33cd3849a.png

• I put my 2 CMs to deep lying playmakers, and they passed to my Libero (attack) more often.
  • Libero (support) still doesn't move further forward to help my CM: deep lying playmakers.

Therefore Libero (Support) still acts as a CB (Ball playing Defender), there is little difference and only on Libero (Attack) he moves further forward to help midfield

My question is that is this intentional? does Libero (Support) stick with his CB Partners and only Libero (Attack) moves forward and supports CMs

Edited by kingking

18 minutes ago, Marabak said:

The blurb that accompanies the role does state that on Support, the Lib only steps up once possession is secured, so maybe that is the key point.

oh ok. My suggestion to improve Lib (Support) is make him go forward abit more occasaionally. And for Lib (Attack) to take more risks sometimes such as go higher up during counter.

Edited by kingking

Like I said your testing wasn’t good enough. And I am not going to explain this again. I’ve done it loads of times when I stream. And I am not going to explain it here either. 

If you expect the Libero to be so far ahead then you haven’t been paying any attention to how I have explained it before. There is something obviously wrong with your setup. There is NO WAY he is stepping up.

31 minutes ago, Marabak said:

I feel like this is a bit of an over-the-top reaction from a moderator... Your only contribution to the thread was a screenshot (when we all know screenshots mean nothing as everything is so dependant on players/tactics/opponent and even when exactly you press Print Screen) and a comment that yours behaves differently. 

You may have gone out of your way to explain Libero's elsewhere (you mention your stream for instance) but the obvious thing to do would be to link to the streams or just ignore the thread if you are fed up going over old ground. Not to complain that OP isn't paying attention when you linked nothing worth paying attention to other than "it works fine for me". If there is something wrong with his setup (I have some issues with the attack phase personally but they aren't linked directly to the Libero issue) then either explain what they are or keep quiet. No point at all in shouting at OP saying that there is something obviously wrong and leaving it like that. That's more befitting the behaviour of a troll than a moderator.

Over the top? This is a question for the training and tactics sub forum and this has been dealt there before on threads. Some lads even went on to turn Ozil into a libero when they figured out how after reading a few threads there 

No one  is shouting, but if people want to throw up one tactic! And then, test it with a different team and then go the role is broke?! How is anyone supposed to take that seriously.  Perhaps using a search function would help? Or starting a thread there.  If people want to make a sweeping generalisation, then be prepared for a response.

27 minuti fa, Welshace ha scritto:

And that reaction from Rashidi is why I don't go into the tactics and training forum ...   the place doesn't seem very welcoming.

i thought general section was viewed as a bit over the top, since when did tactics become like that?

It not as if OP has never been directed there before, on other questions. He's not a stranger there either, but if he hasn't tried to search for the information on the forums, should moderators just go in and give them the answer. Yes perhaps redirecting him would have been the better option, but there are even days like this when mods like me lose their tops needlessly

https://community.sigames.com/search/?&q=Libero &type=forums_topic&nodes=19&search_and_or=and&sortby=relevancy

3 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Like I said your testing wasn’t good enough. And I am not going to explain this again. I’ve done it loads of times when I stream. And I am not going to explain it here either. 

If you expect the Libero to be so far ahead then you haven’t been paying any attention to how I have explained it before. There is something obviously wrong with your setup. There is NO WAY he is stepping up.

If i had replied this way to another member i'd have a message from that sheep dude telling me i was being rude and aggressive. 

17 minutes ago, Bradley21 said:

If i had replied this way to another member i'd have a message from that sheep dude telling me i was being rude and aggressive. 

If you have an issue with a post, like someone being insulting or breaking the forum rules, report it. Then it can be reviewed.

9 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

If you have an issue with a post, like someone being insulting or breaking the forum rules, report it. Then it can be reviewed.

Sorry mate, the standard of moderation here with people like Rashidi and madsheep makes me not want to do that. I don't feel it would go anywhere. 

FYI though Neil oversees the moderating, so it's not going to be a 'us vs them' thing.

Anyway, let us get back to the topic. @kingkingif you have tactical issues, I would suggest starting a thread in the tactics section with all the detail about your tactic and the issue as you can give.

9 hours ago, kingking said:

Libero (support) just sits back and never moves to the midfield to provide support for possession play

Libero is suppose to move up and provide support to midfield 

Can someone test this out for me.. play 5 at the back and play a Libero (Support)?

Please spread the word so the developers can fix this quickly

image.png.f2471725371d602b4b92fc07053af87b.png

Not having much joy with this system either 

4 hours ago, Rashidi said:

It not as if OP has never been directed there before, on other questions. He's not a stranger there either, but if he hasn't tried to search for the information on the forums, should moderators just go in and give them the answer. Yes perhaps redirecting him would have been the better option, but there are even days like this when mods like me lose their tops needlessly

https://community.sigames.com/search/?&q=Libero &type=forums_topic&nodes=19&search_and_or=and&sortby=relevancy

Thank you. I need to learn more about Libero

Watching Arsenal recently has got me interested in a back 3 

2 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

FYI though Neil oversees the moderating, so it's not going to be a 'us vs them' thing.

Anyway, let us get back to the topic. @kingkingif you have tactical issues, I would suggest starting a thread in the tactics section with all the detail about your tactic and the issue as you can give.

Ok thank you I will. 

2 hours ago, kingking said:

Thank you. I need to learn more about Libero

Watching Arsenal recently has got me interested in a back 3 

No worries, I was perhaps too flippant with my reaction, for which I do apologise. 
Liberos are like playmakers, the issue is they are really deep, and whenever we start using playmakers ahead of them then during transitions the ball can gravitate towards the playmakers in midfield. You did most of the right things like playing narrow, but once the ball gets to the wingbacks their natural reaction will be to look inside which is where the two playmakers are. So the libero gets sidelined. In your system the only way perhaps for the Libero to push forward is to get him to take even more risks to move forward. And here is where traits could have kicked in. I don't know if you remember my turning Neymar and Ozil into libero. It was only meant to show what would happen if traits would help and in their cases these guys ended up near the penalty area either scoring worldies or building up play. For that to have happened I didn't use a single playmaker on the pitch.

Is it ideal not having playmakers? That's another discussion point, but thats how it works atm. Positive or higher mentality, play out of defence, traits like brings ball out of defence. I find that repurposed defensive playmakers make some of the best liberos in the game. Good luck.