[FM20] It was Cambrogi in Wales, but now it's all about aggression in Wales, in England. Bellicosity, pugnacity and belligerence are all excellent words. But Welsh belligerence, in England now.

Jimbokav1971

10 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Just try to calculate as much if u can by copy paste their most important attributes  for technical, mental and physical  attributes and/ or attributes for specific  roles. that in combination with their personality  and media handling activates a green or red light for me.

I never trust the ca or pa .

If you choose to sign Player A who's attributes are well balanced for the role and have a good personality, (Resolute for example), and even reasonable CA, but he has poor PA, then he is going to be a significantly poorer choice than Player B who's attributes might be a little flawed, (short centre-half for example), who only has an average personality, (Fickle for example), and average CA, but amazing PA,

The whole point that I'm trying to get across is that you need to weigh up all the info available. That includes the very much flawed PA star rating. If you ignore PA then what do you have to go on? While I am openly trying to highlight the problems with CA/PA, ignoring it is something that I don't advise. If you do, then the chances are that you will be releasing the brightest prospects. Signing both players to a youth contract and then making a more informed decision would seem to be a much better idea in my book. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Season Summary. May 2048.

dd16c9d2ccdfbb76d456ec7fff135aef.png

36a8b777561545f32c22f95644067281.png

Final League Table. I still can't believe we lost the penultimate league game of the season to Barry Town:(

fa52f21c8e1210504f90a21c3e387dfd.png

Overall Best XI

12c40c2ca797d02d8870b523362bd239.png

Seasons Best XI

9092797f05dd4caf1c5c5275603434f5.png

Awards

3f02ab9f4c241519755cc7b386a96c95.png1543c2173dcfe78c6d92783509b1006a.pnge70ed040ab7a1c59514070c5f298b0d7.png

We smash the backside out of the league and get just 2 players in the Team of the Season. :lol:

0c552c93b7f380bf758287cb03e4cbde.png

Facilities

35d15cfea10b77f0551303e8c1ab7abc.png

1f69a6c56979900b62a5ffc7fd9cf566.png

ca589c35af9ad97cd21c2631712ed940.png

b7266b105496b36e286d662eb3d52c84.png

I got a bit carried away here and almost resigned for no real reason at all. :lol:

39df9ef4f1a4e4ba8b071aa53db5a52e.png

Finances

1a103d8f43dd88acfc06b03a12d820a4.png

Records.  This will take some beating. :lol:

151919b80639b031ced1da193cae1b04.png

c7c79b60386497ffd15ecc9a3b59101d.png

[Edit]

a8b36fc0a1b3b4492a665f923410951c.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

40 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

If you choose to sign Player A who's attributes are well balanced for the role and have a good personality, (Resolute for example), and even reasonable CA, but he has poor PA, then he is going to be a significantly poorer choice than Player B who's attributes might be a little flawed, (short centre-half for example), who only has an average personality, (Fickle for example), and average CA, but amazing PA,

The whole point that I'm trying to get across is that you need to weigh up all the info available. That includes the very much flawed PA star rating. If you ignore PA then what do you have to go on? While I am openly trying to highlight the problems with CA/PA, ignoring it is something that I don't advise. If you do, then the chances are that you will be releasing the brightest prospects. Signing both players to a youth contract and then making a more informed decision would seem to be a much better idea in my book. 

I understand what u are saying, but I don't have a great belief in the current PA calculation , i believe more in my own calculculation : average score on the most important attributes for DNA (specific attributes) - technical/mental/physical and average for each position/role. In my Iceland IR save i had multiple players with low PA but great personality and good averages and they turned to be great players (for Iceland standards). 

Even though I partly contradict myself because the top five from my calculations usually also have the best PA .

If u have a spare minute, please check my current save about development and calculations. would love to get some feedback from you.

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

I understand what u are saying, but I don't have a great belief in the current PA calculation , i believe more in my own calculculation : average score on the most important attributes for DNA (specific attributes) - technical/mental/physical and average for each position/role. In my Iceland IR save i had multiple players with low PA but great personality and good averages and they turned to be great players (for Iceland standards). 

Even though I partly contradict myself because the top five from my calculations usually also have the best PA .

If u have a spare minute, please check my current save about development and calculations. would love to get some feedback from you.

I've had a look at your thread already. 

I really like the way you track the development of players, but without making a decision on the potential of players, how do you know you are developing the right players? When an opportunity to promote a Youth product to the Senior squad and give him 1st team experience, the only info you are considering is CA. The player who gets the 1st team exposure is the player with the best CA, (in that position), so if for example you have 2 left backs and 1 has good attributes but average PA and the other has average attributes but phenomenal PA, then the 1st player will be given First team exposure and this will aid his development, (up to the low PA ceiling), while the development of the 2nd player will be stunted because of a lack of First Team opportunities. 

Let's look at your very 1st intake and the left back position in particular. 

767d34509fbd05e4b6d5bd003cb66f97.png

While I have read your stuff, I must have missed the bit that explains how players are ranked, (20E) for example appears to have better PA than (20A), but I can see that (20A) has a DNA rating of 12.64 compared to 9.36 for (20E). Your system works fine, but only in so much as it assumes that everyone has equal PA. In this particular instance, if (20A) has a PA of 150 and (20E) has a PA of 190, then you develop the wrong player. The reason you develop the wrong player is because you are only looking at the here and now rather than the future.

I am showing with every single intake I do that PPA and PA are not the same thing at all, and equally, CA is not an indication of PA. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

Welsh clubs in Europe. Jun 2048.

TNS. At 1st glance this is a really poor showing from TNS, but actually it's poor because they qualified for the Group Stages of the EURO Cup rather than the EURO Conference I think. Having said that, I would have thought that they should have finished 3rd ahead of BATE and qualified for the Knockout Stages of the EURO Conference. 

edc7f43c48334bfa09420b4fed71480b.png

df1ad5732bc4583e9162431a8ed83e1c.png

Afan Lido. This is a decent campaign, but we really need the other Welsh clubs to start beating teams like Basel. 

7f5c0757bc7b88b40a679cb4d8a4020d.png

594d63a835c2e198a1554bd4c4e72f41.png

a733b7bdc7eb0599627868b1440d9495.png

Llanelli. What a disaster of campaign. They have GOT to be qualifying for the Group Stages. 

b884a98f6ebb5ff17d02e247fe2bae96.png

Carmarthen Town. Rubbish. Absolutely pants. I had to look up where Beroe are from. (Belarus). 

d48d5645aa9b4f7d1a0437760aea9028.png

All in all a really poor season for the other Welsh clubs in Europe. 

The problem with TNS. Jun 2048.

TNS finished 4th last season and weren't great in Europe either. 

They sold Sellick (WAL) in Sept of last season to Barry Town for £92,000.

99a36d847f4bb2a1c595142639c48c8c.png

a6d2611a50dc7d1f16ab8faba06c82e0.png

9 months later and he has just finished as top goal-scorer in the league and scored 24 goals in 27(3) appearances in all competitions. He is now worth £2.4M. :lol:

8 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've had a look at your thread already. 

I really like the way you track the development of players, but without making a decision on the potential of players, how do you know you are developing the right players? When an opportunity to promote a Youth product to the Senior squad and give him 1st team experience, the only info you are considering is CA. The player who gets the 1st team exposure is the player with the best CA, (in that position), so if for example you have 2 left backs and 1 has good attributes but average PA and the other has average attributes but phenomenal PA, then the 1st player will be given First team exposure and this will aid his development, (up to the low PA ceiling), while the development of the 2nd player will be stunted because of a lack of First Team opportunities.

I appreciate you reading my topic. You're right. I mainly look at the CA with my calculations. But by looking at personality and media handling, I hope to predict how good a player can become (and age etc).
At the moment I try to give both types (high pa, low pa) attention and I hardly let anybody drop out.

8 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Let's look at your very 1st intake and the left back position in particular. 

767d34509fbd05e4b6d5bd003cb66f97.png

While I have read your stuff, I must have missed the bit that explains how players are ranked, (20E) for example appears to have better PA than (20A), but I can see that (20A) has a DNA rating of 12.64 compared to 9.36 for (20E). Your system works fine, but only in so much as it assumes that everyone has equal PA. In this particular instance, if (20A) has a PA of 150 and (20E) has a PA of 190, then you develop the wrong player. The reason you develop the wrong player is because you are only looking at the here and now rather than the future.

I am showing with every single intake I do that PPA and PA are not the same thing at all, and equally, CA is not an indication of PA. 

I'm not sure if I explained my ranking but Lallement scores higher than Fabre because he has a higher score on Overall (technique - physical and mental attributes) and DNA. Lallemant has unflappable as media handling. Fabre media friendly.
But I have to admit (and one of my next updates will show) that Fabre is developing much better.

Just looking at personality and media handling won't be enough so I'll have to take PA more into my calculation.

Of course, sometimes you also get very good players with a low PA ... who can still perform a perfect task in your team.

Edited by OlivierL

1 hour ago, OlivierL said:

I appreciate you reading my topic. You're right. I mainly look at the CA with my calculations. But by looking at personality and media handling, I hope to predict how good a player can become (and age etc).
At the moment I try to give both types (high pa, low pa) attention and I hardly let anybody drop out.

I'm not sure if I explained my ranking but Lallement scores higher than Fabre because he has a higher score on Overall (technique - physical and mental attributes) and DNA. Lallemant has unflappable as media handling. Fabre media friendly.
But I have to admit (and one of my next updates will show) that Fabre is developing much better.

Just looking at personality and media handling won't be enough so I'll have to take PA more into my calculation.

Of course, sometimes you also get very good players with a low PA ... who can still perform a perfect task in your team.

Much of what you say is right, (both here an in your thread), and much as we like to use extremes to make our points, the reality is that the differences between players are often quite small. The problem remains, (and I was really glad of this example in your intake), that you can't choose to develop 2 players in the same position at the optimum level at the same time. At least not without restricting growth or negatively impacting performances. 

1. You could continue to play whoever your 1st choice left-back is, (actually I think you are using WB's but you know what I mean), and just introducing a young player regularly from the bench to aid his development. That sounds fine, but what do you do with the 2nd young player who is denied 1st team exposure? It probably means that he has to go on loan to get 1st team exposure, but in doing so you lose control of his development and he may be influenced negatively by his new squad. 

2. You could continue to play whoever your 1st choice left-back is, and rotate the introduction of 2 different young players from the bench. The problem with this is that while this works while the players are very early in their development, soon they need more game and you can't play them both from the bench. 

3. You could start 1 young player and introduce the 2nd from the bench, alternating who starts and who appears from the bench. The problem with this is that neither is good enough to start so while development might be at optimum levels, performances will suffer because neither are good enough to start at this time. 

The idea is that you want a production line with players coming through in the same position a few years apart, (I think anything less than a 4 year gap is problematic). With less than a 4 year gap, you need to start making decisions as to who will get priority in terms of development. My suggestion is that shouldn't be based on CA, (which is what you do), but at the same time you are completely right not to trust the initial Day 1 PA stars. 

With regards to the development of Fabre being better than that of Lallement, well that makes sense doesn't it? He is starting from a lower point so it's easy for him to develop? No?

What I try to do is still rely on the PA star ratings, but appreciate that they can be flawed and just try to develop them as best I can. The star ratings may/will change over time and I have to adapt to that. 

25 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Much of what you say is right, (both here an in your thread), and much as we like to use extremes to make our points, the reality is that the differences between players are often quite small. The problem remains, (and I was really glad of this example in your intake), that you can't choose to develop 2 players in the same position at the optimum level at the same time. At least not without restricting growth or negatively impacting performances. 

1. You could continue to play whoever your 1st choice left-back is, (actually I think you are using WB's but you know what I mean), and just introducing a young player regularly from the bench to aid his development. That sounds fine, but what do you do with the 2nd young player who is denied 1st team exposure? It probably means that he has to go on loan to get 1st team exposure, but in doing so you lose control of his development and he may be influenced negatively by his new squad. 

2. You could continue to play whoever your 1st choice left-back is, and rotate the introduction of 2 different young players from the bench. The problem with this is that while this works while the players are very early in their development, soon they need more game and you can't play them both from the bench. 

3. You could start 1 young player and introduce the 2nd from the bench, alternating who starts and who appears from the bench. The problem with this is that neither is good enough to start so while development might be at optimum levels, performances will suffer because neither are good enough to start at this time. 

The idea is that you want a production line with players coming through in the same position a few years apart, (I think anything less than a 4 year gap is problematic). With less than a 4 year gap, you need to start making decisions as to who will get priority in terms of development. My suggestion is that shouldn't be based on CA, (which is what you do), but at the same time you are completely right not to trust the initial Day 1 PA stars. 

With regards to the development of Fabre being better than that of Lallement, well that makes sense doesn't it? He is starting from a lower point so it's easy for him to develop? No?

What I try to do is still rely on the PA star ratings, but appreciate that they can be flawed and just try to develop them as best I can. The star ratings may/will change over time and I have to adapt to that. 

Yes that's true , Fabre is going to develope more because he starts lower. I'm looking more into media handling and take this and personality AND PA in account when i'm deciding the rank of the players. I want to make everything logic based on my spreadsheets but football is not completly logic :)

Just to let you know (changes nothing about what u are correctly explaining me) that i'm retraining Lallement as a Poaching forward .

Edited by OlivierL

Jul & Aug 2048

Pre-season games

2a1e5115a88000b3a5d0a77e289b4d6f.png

Domestic games. We we didn't last long unbeaten this season! :lol: I wonder if this means that there is a TNS resurgence on the cards?

b944c71eac22335bab129439e6bfba13.png

7d5541efc3a4a7a3d606656ffba00ff8.png

European games. We will be aiming to finish ahead of Gent and finish 3rd. 

8a694fbf822b3c89d3cbab36fe78b010.png

Goal-scoring keepers. 0 goals scored. 1 penalty already missed. :(

6c5eb7ba1c3e83b0a40a1a474ba3524c.png

Financesfc9c0db9adb9ba6f95d6e57a0b2286be.png

Records

137f1ec61db82106454ca35d7edb1286.png

038f9542b382dba795ebfc32982b2409.png

18e860cc5d33dab1a075cf0bb0fec938.png

42aeb8040e14251fddbae17b0c22f22d.png

eab49ec916bf78bff0bf7fde933c2aa1.png

73dac0f8e8e5c90a4543d9db94f5a868.png

4e9be87e135a89cf78e6bdbc70ddb14d.png

842d2e73f7d805b9859ae6fef6b7c102.png

2773890969f2a6386ef7b59fdfaaf333.png

e3baf835b9782c5561fd9fa54116f4fe.png

1 hour ago, jackripper said:

Brilliant career so far inspired me to start with my hometown Barry town, any advice you can give 

Thanks very much. 

There are so many different stages to this sort of career. 

• The big thing I would say is never ever ever ever sell to TNS until you know that they can't beat you to the league title. They will offer you money that you need, but just don#t sell to them even if it means losing money in the short-term.
  • Let your GK take pens and free kicks. :lol:
  • European money is key, so if needed prioritise that over domestic success. 
  • There is absolutely nothing wrong with signing a player on a free for 1 season and then selling him on for a profit.
  • Keep scouting scouting scouting
  • If a player looks goof but isn't performing, get rid. 
  • If a player looks average but is performing, keep playing him. 

Good luck. :thup:

ps. If you start a thread in Wales, feel free to post a link in here. 

Just now, jackripper said:

My gonna see how it goes with Barry town as my second save before decided to write about it as I am currently debating wether to do a career on here with Newport 

Maybe the answer is to earn your spurs managing Barry Town in the Welsh league with 0 badges and Sunday league experience and then move on to Newport Co/Wrexham as and when you can. Then maybe look to jump to Cardiff/Swansea. 

It's a good plan for a save even if I haven't managed to follow it through here. 

Sept 2048.

Friendlies. To keep a large squad fit. 

2ad403e884cbd59e2022f5cf422d9243.png

Domestic games. I still can't believe that we have already lost a league game. 

f0e9992b82dd3202a7d0a8b7cf3358c2.png

90dbb8c83752a5a69f966f774ea89470.png

European games. I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to finish 3rd in this Group. I have to make it happen though. 

69b6772b50f47a65a4b04e3837f33004.png

6ed3e217537218481a8b64acfec1cc5f.png

Goal-scoring keepers. 5 goals from 5 games this month for Pajvot (CRO), although he did score 2 goals in a game twice. 

Interestingly, he's much happier now. Monday Odigie (NGA) is a fringe player who arrived on a free this season.

1ce15651f8ad1d3f4c2e2307ba233544.png

e597693ab635b93d750a9324823d4992.png

Finances6c06e076e939159b1db7ee7846502408.png I've got more money than I know what to do with even after binning of the Champions League in all but 1 recent season. 3d97d8dd82a50c8f09e3657a3c836f5d.png I think I will stop updating the finances here. We're rich. That's all you need to know. 

31 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

European games. I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to finish 3rd in this Group. I have to make it happen though. 

Time to pull out a crazy formation...

And fill it with U19 players who have no familiarity with it.

22 hours ago, scousevasey said:

Time to pull out a crazy formation...

And fill it with U19 players who have no familiarity with it.

That's a ridiculous idea......

5eae2fed61650de127bcd43a12cfef80.png

Not sure that Mordechai (ISR) was particularly keen on this line-up. :lol:

Oct 2048

Domestic games. 6 games and 6 wins, but we needed penalties to progress in the Nat MG Cup

ca7a169e0cdbc1216e83201a25f203ca.png

ba54319aa08cd6cc6f1ef48fe24e73fb.png

European games. It wasn't easy, but we managed to lose. I'm determined to finish 3rd in this Group. 

f583c36d730360d82cddbe23fbcb81ef.png

ba3b605e4a49e85d633c6aad01923ed1.png

Goal-scoring keepers. Pavjot (CRO) missed a penalty in the opening game of the month, but then scores 2 to bring him to 7 goals for the season and 118 career goals. 

f0162a9e8eea90f5503ff4b699e56c21.png

Dec 2048

Domestic games.

2a7b04b264964bc6888ab0918c836eda.png

82de891cb6c3782c37ddc20723b297c7.png

European games

24cec66da59df76b3ccae2dbe34d0528.png

79cb184ebdc80c6d9b5a81c6476a91e7.png

Goal-scoring keepers. Although he missed a 4th penalty of the season, he also scored 3 to bring him to 10 goals for the season and 121 career goals.

181e18d07aed83bd03cb3236a7565c55.png

Records. £30M might be a bit over the top, (ok, a lot of the top), but we have more money than I know what to do with so who cares. 

dd0df8f80398df700806c28fd7369106.png

6117aba60ee108967b482c1a2b70527b.png

2e82eb8c44efce4581a2aae6475eb8e8.png

8e2d1df624ff0fe8c0a4e21fc9baf408.png

League rules. Jan 2049

This is something that hasn't caused me a problem until now. 

1. We're not loaning in players now so that's not a problem. 
  2. I don't think we have ever loaned a player in from a Welsh club. 
  3. I don't really understand this bit. 6 foreign based players over the age of 22 allowed out on loan at a time. 
  4. We can only loan out 6 players over the age of 22 to foreign clubs, (ie. England). 

What's the difference between 3 & 4?

If I look at a foreign player currently at my club, it shows that they are "based in Wales". So what exactly is a "Foreign-based" player? 

In any case, I haven't had a problem with this until now, but it is now impacting on the money-making machine that is the loan system. If it wasn't time to move on before, it certainly is now. 

f576b4a9433df6869d8a9152866601e0.png

Jan 2049.

f5f5a1f354c526df02f6c6a2af84cbe9.png

699d56812c92c5d25518dd4e8123d261.png

Domestic games. We've already lost a league game so I shouldn't be bothered about drawing to Afan Lido...... but I am. They had 2 players sent off and we still couldn't finish them. 

cd2c9f54160eff2c43259eb704630c56.png

fd02d1ce3a2620f16943e435ee2d0ece.png

European games. There's only 1 English side in the competition, but the 3rd place teams in the Champions League Group stage drop in to the 2nd Knockout Round, so there might be more in the next round. 

426cf98a12faee68b8a6ea0c20bb09d6.png

Goal-scoring keepers. Pavjot (CRO) took just 1 penalty this month and missed it, but did score the only goal in the Nat MG Cup Final win. It was his 11th goal of the season and 22nd career goal. he has though missed 5 penalties this season. 

I've given him a new contract though and now the transfer window is closed there is nothing to be unhappy about.

c1fc2ec7be9f53acd5fdf62fc2a17d1d.png

096836cb9215be0f5ed99ff4fb0e3927.png

Feb 2049

Domestic games. On the one hand I'm annoyed at 2 draws, but on the other hand I'm also annoyed at conceding any domestic goal at all. Thankfully the conceded goal this month was in the Cup and we are still showing single figures goals conceded in the league with 6 games remaining.

65eb2b54d16f0692af1e1fe14648b3a7.png

ad815849289710af515b1b5d1e9a8186.png

European games. I'm a bit of a fan of Rijeka as a club, but no sympathy here. 

43d7a7bb519d4290374fce3cd5a77065.png

a0c8515a7fc00f3826d447c5f03f8a35.png

Goal-scoring keepers. No goals for Pajvot (CRO) this month, but he did miss a penalty. The penalty ratio is a lowly 54%. That's REALLY poor. :(

60c26a73b21b8d94a4f24adf9b32ef52.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

16 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Youth Intake preview. Dec 2048

:(

245f83fb53eadfc9e590edac949ec8fe.png

Youth Intake Day. Mar 2049.

4e7b140199063bb0d6088c697d029b01.png

Squad by PPA. A couple of players at 2.5 stars is not overly impressive. 

02e93876027143fbcb3254013c116324.png

Squad by PA. Thinks look remarkably better looking at actual PA. 120 is good, (but not amazing), but after recent intakes I'm certainly not complaining. It's worth pointing out that of the 5 players at the top of this list, 3 of them are non-Welsh only. 

fa56c695dc6dd88dff31cf6113366826.png

Squad by CA

6cd8226e5f2f4d2b3e6984d98f3d8eb3.png

This is the 3rd (THA) player that I have seen come through the intake I think, and these would seem to be no reason for it. There are no (THA) staff at the club and there are also no (GRE) staff. 

(49n) Giannis Parginos (GRE).

120 PA is good, but he's certainly pretty flawed. Det is awful, (but can be altered), but he's also pretty weak physically. The PPM also doesn't fit well with his abilities either. If I was looking at this player I wouldn't be overly excited without knowing his PA. (In fact I'm not overly excited even knowing his PA). 

81056f7c1d72c5637c4e68bff6112a95.png

Mar 2049

Domestic games. I should be angry at losing to TNS, but the game was sandwiched between the two Stoke games, so if we had to lose 1 of the 3 games then it worked out the right way. 

151d8cb7fce35425f942570f70331f64.png

3033fc7f3a8517e32c2cb8b74b432c9e.png

European games. After the 3rd placed Champions league clubs dropped into the EURO Cup, there were 3 English sides, but interestingly there were none of the established "Big 6", although Stoke are currently 6th in the league. That's the good news. The bad news is that we have already beaten Stoke, face Leicester in the Quarter-Finals and will probably face Brighton in the Semi-Final if we get there. If I look at the other side of the draw, Dortmund are the side that jump out at me. 

c0be2aca03f5d18aa7660134f8ff8ddd.png

a822da795233622ae19f9354a3ad1d11.png

64830d40ca8ab86a96c140d1ba26de13.png

Goal-scoring keepers. Pajvot (CRO) scored a penalty in the 1st Stoke game, but then missed one in the next game against TNS, (which was a 4-3 loss). 

3fae5ca5a6f374b854622e0f2e377897.png

Apr 2049.

Domestic games. We're fatigued as a squad and that is showing in the goals against column. We're conceding in most games now and have only kept 3 clean sheets in the last 12 games over the last couple of months. 

5edc177030a7333c2a22691a1cb94399.png

e9f0dc14e81b64a475236936061e05ee.png

European games. We were pretty dominant in the 2nd leg against Leicester and eased into the Semi-Finals, but the away leg against Brighton was close before we finished strongly to give us a 3-goal lead to take into the home leg. We have got to be strong favourites with Dortmund to make the Final.

11164b7ba1ccdd240eca130c04447e2c.png

4b8442b1ea1863141857e19fc4b888f4.png

240d3ad079b8a560ee0f9f5867692307.png

Goal-scoring keepers. Pavjot (CRO) scored 1 penalty and missed another to bring him to 13 goals for the season and 124 career goals.  His success rate from the spot if pitiful though. He;s at 53% for the season having converted only 9 of 17 attempts. :rolleyes:

c9a5bc17cf981a748412791d3e611c81.png

May 2049.

128abe2c7c8c5c5c81a60201650947ae.png

b99915a5409508b57b0ce75692edf913.png

97010778243b97737a736ced99150b2d.png

Domestic games

c72ac2e196cdb5266afc1e4bfcf4223a.png

b785cf6d8ce4666ddf01e26cd4edcd97.png

European games

5c1198adfdba7d8ba41fde5e2a663986.png

7d873f996980adde1b0db09f70f276be.png

72c12f4742f8aef46b22effc5457c133.png

Goal-scoring keepers. It would seem that Pavjot (CRO) is a man for the bog occasion. He scored in all 3 Cup Finals this season. He scored the only goal in the NAT MG Cup Final, the 1st goal in the 2-0 Welsh Cup Final win and the 3rd goal in the 4-3 EURO Cup Final win. He finished the season on 16 goals and 127 career goals

0ce57d6030106f36259c7b83109bd05d.png

Records

5825731abec782013c2b86522a56e5a3.png

595128192ccbfd90f1a293fe2d00da6e.png

dab762f27f11917dcc8a3bdb888935ac.png

a7d37c3d056d56b7a69bb34a1bbfa95b.png

77609d19a36a00c5bd94e2cc27348b58.png

f43a5b977339007182385c2963c8f28b.png

822964626eaddddcc3bd515cef98221f.png

57c950ce7cad2be2b7f5eba2c9b4f4db.png

d7f86532d041cfec38415c09389fe752.png

a136add67c28af0b9cf6515b4d1d8ad2.png

Congrats on the Euro Cup win!  Would have loved to see you try and defend the title.  Good move to Cardiff.  Be interesting to see what happens to the Welsh Prem sides now that you have left but also the league.

2 hours ago, yCymro said:

Congrats on the Euro Cup win!  Would have loved to see you try and defend the title.  Good move to Cardiff.  Be interesting to see what happens to the Welsh Prem sides now that you have left but also the league.

Even had I stayed I wouldn't have attempted to defend the title. 3 Finals in 4 years and eventually winning the trophy is well enough for me. Were I to stay I would have concentrated only on the Champions League and to be honest it just didn't float my boat. The only real reason for staying would have been for Pajyot (CRO) to score more goals, but what;s the difference between 127 or 157 or even 177? Not an awful lot. How many penalties he was missing was really frustrating. he should have been 150+ already.

No. I have been in need of a change for a few seasons now but just didn't want to leave without the European trophy. I have a few different options for the Cardiff phase of the career. 

Goal-scoring keeper will obviously remain. 
Youth Only is obviously an idea. 
Bad discipline records is also something I have been thinking of. 

I could theoretically combine all 3, but for the bad discipline thing I think I would benefit from signing players. 

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I would benefit from signing players. 

My reckoning
Jimbo goes and buys the whole Ton Pentre side, gains back to back promotions while winning the FA Cup, and wins a European competition while in the Championship.

Or realises this would make things too easy, goes mainly youth with signings limited to under 17s from the five worst nations according to the rankings, adjusted in every transfer window

1 hour ago, scousevasey said:

My reckoning
Jimbo goes and buys the whole Ton Pentre side, gains back to back promotions while winning the FA Cup, and wins a European competition while in the Championship.

Or realises this would make things too easy, goes mainly youth with signings limited to under 17s from the five worst nations according to the rankings, adjusted in every transfer window

:lol: Closer to the latter than the former I think. 

I'm highly unlikely to be able to afford many of the Ton Pentre players at Cardiff, who have been in League 1 for a few seasons now. 

I would happily nick a few cast-offs though, (and there are likely to be a few based on the huge size of the squad).

Trying to gain success while at the same time attempting to set new disciplinary records seems something that might be interesting, at a club suitable for Youth Development and where a GK takes free-kicks and penalties. :cool:

It's a long time since Cardiff were any good. 

328f33c0d0fdd3b550c3e43bc5dfbe64.png

Expectation is pretty low and I think we will soon be making money easily here. 

I'm also considering a sort of Noah's Ark slant where you are only allowed to have a maximum of 2 players from each Nationality in the Senior squad at any one time. Not quite sure how this would work or if it;s doable. Plenty of work to do before I press continue at Cardiff for the 1st time. 

On 12/06/2020 at 11:41, Jimbokav1971 said:

League rules. Jan 2049

This is something that hasn't caused me a problem until now. 

1. We're not loaning in players now so that's not a problem. 
  2. I don't think we have ever loaned a player in from a Welsh club. 
  3. I don't really understand this bit. 6 foreign based players over the age of 22 allowed out on loan at a time. 
  4. We can only loan out 6 players over the age of 22 to foreign clubs, (ie. England). 

What's the difference between 3 & 4?

If I look at a foreign player currently at my club, it shows that they are "based in Wales". So what exactly is a "Foreign-based" player? 

In any case, I haven't had a problem with this until now, but it is now impacting on the money-making machine that is the loan system. If it wasn't time to move on before, it certainly is now. 

f576b4a9433df6869d8a9152866601e0.png

Does it mean you can only loan six foreign players to anyone but can loan welsh and foreign to foreign clubs?

Something like that? So tighter restrictions on loans to foreign clubs?

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

would happily nick a few cast-offs though, (and there are likely to be a few based on the huge size of the squad).

Would happily nick a few cast-offs though, (and there are likely to be a few when the AI decide to destroy the squad)

Noah’s Ark might struggle with a youth policy, unless you are buying young options. How about assigning points to nations at the start of each season (and setting Wales and England as a benchmark value), where you have to be under a certain amount of points in a starting lineup/match day squad, similar to how wheelchair basketball operates in terms of physical limitations.

So top 5 nations are 20 points, next five are 17, then 11-25 get 15 points, and a team can’t have more than say 150 or so?

4 hours ago, Peter G said:

Does it mean you can only loan six foreign players to anyone but can loan welsh and foreign to foreign clubs?

Something like that? So tighter restrictions on loans to foreign clubs?

I'm honestly not sure. 

Maximum of six foreign-based players over the age of 22 allowed out on loan at a time. This is confusing. What is a foreign based player? As soon as you sign a foreign player they become based in the Nation you are managing in, (so for Ton Pentre that's Wales and for TNS for example it's...... well I'm not sure actually. They are an English club playing in the Welsh structure. I suppose I should check on Cardiff too. Are they an English club or a Welsh club?) I think the wording is wrong...

Cardiff are English because they play in England. Their players are also "based in England", because the club plays in the English structure despite the fact that they are actually in Wales. fe8b677f9d0caf920677e06196b8e36c.png

9a7f6b9c29998eb9fadf945e2eb2fe87.png

Ton Pentre are obviously based in Wales. 

8f77874a2292d457305982fd035a2dc7.png

TNS are Welsh because they play in Wales, despite the fact that they are an Engish club. They players are based in Wales. 

263885d1d3825b6ff5d123c7c69acc8e.png

Maximum of 6 players over the age of 22 allowed out on loan to a foreign club at a time. This makes sense to me. Only 6 players aged over 22 out on loan to a non-Welsh club at any time.

Anyway, that was Wales and I'm now in England. I have no idea what Brexit I got, so let's have a look at the rules in League 1.  

90fe9d2ec0a6fe06bfb177a47b7d3f76.png

I love the rule that each match squad has to have 7 HGN players, but wish that they would take it further and that these should be HG at club. 

2 automatic promotion spots and 4 teams in a playoff for a 3rd spot. Not much in the way of prize money though. 

9346944965c32497db37e26fff98a3c6.png

Bottom 4 sides relegated. 

aae7dabeb519911244f68a2b7d313efe.png

This could be of interest if the save goes down that route. 

c95cfd71f33314070578f91786b96d5a.png

The loan rules are still as clear as mud. 

27a9137e51cb6f66e5be4c204357402f.png

I didn't actually know that you could sign free transfers until end of March. 

94198a7b1d4587919ce92e1043625a13.png

I can't see myself spending big money on players anytime soon, (if at all). 

82b72a6fbfb2bb4bd08eb037cffeca5c.png

Wage budget is 60% of turnover? So basically, if I buy and sell lots of players my budget increases?

cfa917c3daabcc1a2417203e8780ceb6.png

3 hours ago, scousevasey said:

Would happily nick a few cast-offs though, (and there are likely to be a few when the AI decide to destroy the squad)

Noah’s Ark might struggle with a youth policy, unless you are buying young options. How about assigning points to nations at the start of each season (and setting Wales and England as a benchmark value), where you have to be under a certain amount of points in a starting lineup/match day squad, similar to how wheelchair basketball operates in terms of physical limitations.

So top 5 nations are 20 points, next five are 17, then 11-25 get 15 points, and a team can’t have more than say 150 or so?

Allocating points for this Nation or that Nation sounds a bit complicated. 

I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point. 

I'm leaning towards trying to set new records for indiscipline..... :lol: While getting my GK to score goals, (haven't even look at the squad yet), and am I leaning towards Youth only? No, I don't think I am. Am I going to go Welsh only? No, I don't think I am. I think the lack of discipline thing needs me to keep foreign signings open. I will obviously prioritise Welsh players and HGC players, but I don't think I'm going to give myself a hard and fast rule, (other than for aggression I think. I'm going to refuse to sign a Pro player if their Aggression is below.... 10 to start off with, and I'm also going to prioritise aggression in Youth players too. I'm not sure how I will work the rule with regards to the Youth Intake. I might give myself a certain amount of time in which to increase their Aggression or something like that. 

936ffaa0e37f6fe3d590b14b24e77746.png

In fact, it's time to change the name of the thread I think. :lol:

Keepers. Oct 2049

Although Pajyot (CRO) scored loads of goal, he also missed loads of penalties. While I think happiness played a part in that, I also kept looking at his eccentricity rating and didn't like that it was so low. When I find a "proper" GK, I want him to be a complete lunatic 1st and a decent GK 2nd. 

fca700ddc30f9faec1ebc5b64fe49bf2.png

The keepers currently at the club aren't great. We have 5 products of our Youth Academy, (who are all pretty rubbish), and Mottram isn't even worth discussing, but Kennedy (ENG) is a very good GK for this level.

2f876fb9644fc43c6cd5dd0316f04d33.png

The problem is that his eccentricity is only 4. He has a year and a half on his contract though and I think he will do fine for the start of the save. Although I stuck with Payjot (CRO) even when he missed, I'm very aware that Ton Pentre produced a number of decent GK's while I was there. 

b1c26a948d4fa96e6d8403451ad37dfd.png

(43a) Cheedy (IRL) is the one. He has eccentricity in double figures. I'm sure there was another though. Maybe he wasn't at Ton Pentre long enough to qualify as HGC.

He's not as good as Kennedy (ENG), but I think Kennedy (ENG) is probably a little too good for League 1. (43a) Cheedy (IRL) has double figure attributes for Aggression, Bravery and Determination, so he certainly doesn't rule himself out in that respect. 

5e84f298a2232660cedae3ef4efaf60d.png

I don't want to limit myself to just sniffing round for Ton Pentre cast-offs, but at the same time I have absolutely no scout reports available to look at right now. Just because the old manager has left, the scout reports belong to the club I have always thought it strange that I can't see them when I arrive.