feel like crying....

First save in FM20 and I think I'm just going to cry...  Able to bring Carlisle in L1 by the skin of my teeth (shootout of.. 12 penalties in play-offs!) just to be screwed over and over by the game...

First, on the 29th of June (1 days before all the players are released), there is a takeover so, all transfers are cancelled and a ban is put in place.  The drama finally ends... on the day of the first game of the season!!!

1672015721_InkedAnnotation2019-12-16195128_LI.thumb.jpg.6e97bc799186f95ed7b85cebcf054f20.jpg

So, being reduced to get the scraps of the scraps...  I start the season ...  just to get a takeover on the 25th of August!  At least, the entire operation takes only a day!  They clean the debt, nice... but 2 bids appear out of nowhere!!!  One is "kind of ok" but the other is mid-table L2 at best!  Both come in with salaries that will make my wage budget explode and with superstar status (for the crappiest of the two because... of course!) despite the fact I have equivalent/better players for 50% of those wages in place!  Of course, there is nowhere to go to cancel the damn bids!!!  You can't talk with the board because... well, of course you can't...  (and NO, the responsabilities for the transfers aren't "delegated to the board").

image.png.2e07ec0939e3dc84c49b1ddb33dd33ea.png

image.thumb.png.bf4dfd87515f2b72d3519220d270846f.pngimage.thumb.png.a60973556ed21d68f7003e8aeec9f409.png

Already I have doubts about FM20 because of the inevitable "kicking the ball in the sea of legs instead of passing the dang ball" and... of course, being forced to have D-line low because of the ball over the top if said D-line is not low... :(

Edited by Rien102

Ive noticed this happens with almost every take over.

There was one occasion where the 2 signings my new board tried to acquire rejected the contracts, but I kind of agree that there should be an option in the end, whether you as the manager, proceed with the signings or not.

Yeah, its probably the feature that i hate more in FM.

In particulary when you are trying to make a save with a specific objetive.

For example, in one of my save, playing with Benfica, i was trying to make a save just buying youngsters and not spending much on buys, when after a take over the new chairman just decided to spend 140M in a central defender that i didn't needed, and pay him over 1 million per month.... when my second high salary was 300k.

Just insane....

I kept playing the game for a couple more day, but the thought that is completely unrealist for Benfica to spend 140M in one player, and to pay him over 1M/month... just killed all the fun, and i ended the save.

I've commented on this before in a similar thread but in case SI are actually taking feedback - this new feature is not implemented with enough logic/realism and is save-ending for lots of players. I've seen people argue it happens in real-life and should be in the game, fair enough, but not every takeover and certainly not the horrific deals the AI manages to bring in. Many of us have saves with interesting recruitment strategies, wage structures, youth dev focus, nationality limits etc - this new feature instantly ruins those saves.

5 hours ago, Daelh said:

Turn on the in-game editor. Problem solved. I always have it turned on in case of game breaking stuff. If you can't handle only using the editor for this stuff, well, don't use it for stuff you will regret afterwards.

Can you use the in-game editor to stop things like take overs?

I thought once the game starts you can't edit much......

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Maldini's Heir:

No, but you can change the outcome, like releasing a player that was bought, adjusting wages and budget etc. 

29 minutes ago, Maldini's Heir said:

You can edit pretty much everything. In your case, you can transfer the players back to where they came from for the same fee. 

Il y a 1 heure, Daelh a dit :

You can edit pretty much everything. In your case, you can transfer the players back to where they came from for the same fee. 

I know aboput the editor.  I wasn't the one asking for the info ;) 

As for the save, my guess is that the game is telling me something.. you know?  Transfer window after promotion down the tube...  Having two useless player that bog me with stupid wages and, best of all, a neww debt!!!  Yes!  They cleaned the 950k$ debt... just to take a 450k one!!!

Il y a 1 heure, Rien102 a dit :

Having two useless player that bog me with stupid wages

Just want to "tone down" what I wrote.  They're aren't useless, it's just that they are bringing I don't already have at the table...  and for 750k$ transfer fee + 700k$ in base wages alone...

About some comments about the whole thing being a bad feature...  I very well can guess that some clubs, after a takeover, will have a bunch of stupid morons with a ton of money and saying all around that "they know better than everybody!" while putting their wad of cash where thair mouth is.  Even paying a clubs debt to just put a brand new one in!  Personnally, I really think that what is bugging me the most, is the exact opposite.  I honestly cannot believe that a manager in place, after a takeover, would never have the chance to even speak to the new owners about a situation like this (i.e. making new transfer without consulting him).  Let's say I have the chance to talk about this and the answer I receive is: "If you're not happy?  Here's the door!", I would have said:  "Ok, I have my answer."  At least, I would have had the chance...  What really gets me is that I don't even have the chance to receive that answer because the game doesn't allow it.  This is what bugs me...

@Rien102, while I don't have an issue with the feature necessarily, it may be worth reporting this with a save from just before the takeover. That way SI can have a look under the hood and see if there needs to be some re-balancing. The way you describe the two transfers makes it sound unrealistic.

If you have ideas for this feature, please add it in the Feature Requests section. SI review it from time to time for future versions. :thup:

There is a way to block almost all types of takeovers. You can go to your FM files (C:Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/FMxx/data/database/db/20xx/edt/permanent)

and open valid_takeovers_only file using Notepad.  Remember to backup files before editing. Here is the information from said valid takeover file.

The Takeover Types and their toggles are:

RICH_INDIVIDUAL   ("NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER")
CONSORTIUM        ("NO_CONSORTIUM_TAKEOVER")
PLC            ("NO_PLC_TAKEOVER")
FANS TRUST        ("NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER")
LOCAL BUSINESSMAN ("NO_LOCAL_BUSINESSMAN_TAKEOVER")

To turn any of these off for a nation, specify the type you wish to turn off and then the nation name

e.g. "NO_FANS_TRUST_TAKEOVER" "Mexico"

To enable a takeover type in a particular country, simply remove the line that refers to it from this file.

You will need to start a new game for any changes you make in this file to take effect.

It is assumed that all takeover types are valid unless otherwise specified. 'Promotion From Within' cannot
be turned off to ensure at least one takeover type is valid.

As an example, say you want to manage Liverpool.  BEFORE creating the game, go to the valid takeover file , go to the NO RICH INDIVIDUAL TAKEOVER section, and add "NO_RICH_INDIVIDUAL_TAKEOVER" "ENGLAND"

Repeat as necessary for all types. Some nations, however, have one or more "no takeovers" already loaded in, so just leave that line. The downside is, all clubs in the nation you edited are blocked from the takeover you edited. And if you're doing a journeyman save, you have to do this for all nations you load. If you want to allow one of these types (i.e. fan takeover in U.S.A), just delete the line in Notepad. And, as specified in the edt file, "Promotion from Within" is blocked to allow at least one form of succession. Also, changes only take effect in a new game. 

On 19/12/2019 at 06:06, oblongata21 said:

Yeah once you buy it, it should automatically appear in the game I think

Unless it was set to not allow the in-game editor at the beginning of the save, you can't then turn it on later, I don't think.