Manchester City unrealistically fired Pep in my save

There is no way Pep would ever be fired for being in 4th place.  It's still a Champions League qualification.  It's not 1st or 2nd, no...but still....fired?  Not in a million years.

Still 9 games left in this season.  Plenty of time to get up to #2 even if they won games.

pepfired.PNG

pepfired2.PNG

pepfired3.PNG

Edited by extremeskins04

As they were existing title holders, there is little doubt that 1st would be the board's requirement for the next season.  They clearly wont be first, so while it may look hard, depending on the rest of the board requirements, this may not be as harsh as it seems.

4 minutes ago, FrazT said:

As they were existing title holders, there is little doubt that 1st would be the board's requirement for the next season.  They clearly wont be first, so while it may look hard, depending on the rest of the board requirements, this may not be as harsh as it seems.

Good point.  Didn't think about that.  Still think it may be harsh considering it's Pep.

19 minutes ago, Lucas_26_7 said:

I haven't bought FM20 as of yet, but in FM19 opposition managers were sacked way too easily. They also recycled managers far too much, was hoping this was fixed in FM20 but that doesn't look like a good start

The managers are recycled in real life far too much as well. There's nothing to 'fix' imo really.

1 minute ago, pats said:

The managers are recycled in real life far too much as well. There's nothing to 'fix' imo really.

Not to the point where City hire and fire Pep 3 times in 10 years like on my save. It is rare that a manager would manage more than two of the 'big six' for example, look how surprising everyone found it when Jose was hired by Spurs, yet on mine the likes of Zidane, Jardim, Conte, Guardiola and Klopp jump around as if they're on the run from the police

Well they couldn't possible hope for getting first anymore, considering your invincible United Team with a Goal difference almost twice as good and less Point Drops than Ole could ever hope for.

Admit it, you're just feeling guilty. :D 

7 hours ago, Svenc said:

Well they couldn't possible hope for getting first anymore, considering your invincible United Team with a Goal difference almost twice as good and less Point Drops than Ole could ever hope for.

Admit it, you're just feeling guilty. :D 

Buying Bruno Fernandes, Sandro Tonali, and Alex Telles does wonders for a football club. :)

4 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

I'd say Man Utd winning the league that easily is the more troubling aspect of that screenshot, still IMO do in game far better then they do IRL and seem to build back to challenging for the title far too quickly as well. 

Depends what year it is I suppose... clearly though if this was real life and Pepe was 19 points behind the current Man Utd team he would be sacked :)

12 hours ago, FrazT said:

I still feel like it's harsh considering Pep is in the job not for single season results but for the *Project*, the expectation is that the team will be challenging for the title more often than not, but if he's focussing his efforts on trying to win the CL they'll let a 3rd or 4th place slide from time to time.

The biggest issue IMO is that whenever the 1st place team has a large points gap to the teams behind (as with OP's screenshot of their incredibly good Man Utd side), the AI seems to ignore the league position of the 2nd/3rd/4th/etc teams and sack their manager purely because of the points deficit, even if the team's league position is better than their pre-season expectations or if they could still secure a higher placement.