FM20 - Bundesliga(s) Thread

Pavi

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a video that has been done by Chilled Moose that explains it, I'll link it when I find it.

-------------------

The first few games of the season allowed for some bedding in, however, the loss to Ingolstadt at the end of the month was disappointing.

image.thumb.png.8d686ad3e0d063978b6a0ba216c22e38.png

Markus Dreyer, who was part of our youth intake last season, went to Bayer Leverkusen for a fee that will reach £2.5m, as well as having a sellon clause.

Further departures were Marco Djuricin (Wehen Wiesbaden), Marvin Pourie (Yeni Malatyaspor) and Babacar Gueye (Nurnberg) and David Pison (Osnabruck), bringing in another £1m in fees.

An incident in the 1-1 draw with Darmstadt along with a disagreement with the player afterwards, highlighted the need to strengthen the left side of defence. A quick look through our scouted player lists, and Inácio Santos (Inácio) joined us from FC Porto for a fee of £425000.

fm_V3plB5sbux.thumb.png.333a18c0dbe7145cf763e04abcc23f1d.png

A day later, he was joined at the club by another arrival from Portugal, as 24 year old Portuguese striker Rui Costa arrived for £650000. He can play the role I want a first choice striker to play, and also provides an excellent foil for Weydandt when I need to switch things up.

fm_MaRIZaHGcg.thumb.png.8d8c96451b7b34216f462e05067d9870.png

The meeting with Nurnberg in the middle of August saw us lose Rolando Aarons for 3 months with a torn calf muscle.

It took just over a week for a replacement winger to arrive, with Emile Smith Rowe joining from Arsenal for the season, and Grady Diangana joining for the season from West Ham. That would allow Aarons to recover properly, and at the same time, would put pressure on the right wing with Diangana arriving.

image.thumb.png.b8e3581a98149c6d2453dec6cb1cc1eb.png

image.thumb.png.d0567baf247293f1c4d7331efd7de014.png

Deadline day also saw us sign another full back, this time former Manchester United youngster, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, and he went out on loan on the same afternoon to Sandhausen, staying in Germany and Bundesliga.2

image.thumb.png.87bdc32ed6d41026ea275c014bed14bc.png

22 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Your team is going to have a distinctly English feel to it! But it's consistent with real life I suppose with more and more English youngsters moving to Germany for better playing opportunities. 

Yeah, its one of the things that is easier this time round in the game, a lot of English youngsters are more willing to move abroad for game time if its available, the same as real life.

Garner has been outstanding for me over the last season (missed a couple of games due to suspension, and thats it), and he now has me as favoured staff, so, if we were to get promoted, he'd be at the top of the list of players to attempt and sign.

1 hour ago, robterrace said:

Yeah, its one of the things that is easier this time round in the game, a lot of English youngsters are more willing to move abroad for game time if its available, the same as real life.

Garner has been outstanding for me over the last season (missed a couple of games due to suspension, and thats it), and he now has me as favoured staff, so, if we were to get promoted, he'd be at the top of the list of players to attempt and sign.

Yes that is true and as you say it is reflective of real life. 

You play him as DLP? 

3 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

Yes that is true and as you say it is reflective of real life. 

You play him as DLP? 

Playing him as DLP on the right side of central midfield. Got an 'enforcer' behind him, and another runner alongside.

Ive been debating a german league save for a while but player fitness has really put me off because they cant play for the 2nd team to gain match fitness.

just wanting to know how youse go about it an does it get annoying when half ye team arnt upto match fitness ?? 

13 hours ago, robterrace said:

There is a video that has been done by Chilled Moose that explains it, I'll link it when I find it.

Thanks. Oh, and Garner! He's that good I plan on giving him game time 1st season at Utd in my save.

7 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

@robterrace which season are you in? 

Some quality goals there :D 

Guys, shameless plug but I've just updated my 1860 Munchen save as we prepare for life in 2. Bundesliga! Do check it out :)

I'm in the 20/21 season, so 2nd season. 

Doing this stuff the wrong way round for me. Not got as many youngsters floating around as I'd normally have, but I do have 2 16 year olds that will break into the first team pretty soon.

On 12/06/2020 at 13:00, Swills417 said:

With Wolfsburg we are currently performing above expectations and are right in the mix for best of the rest and European football. Bayern Munich have resumed normal service and have been devastatingly strong this year. They poached Frank de Boer from Gladbach, who against all odds won the league last season and they haven't looked back. 

947729658_Table2025.PNG.838924a6e4ee66baab888886ade651e0.PNG

We've been keeping pace, mainly through  Haaland (who is miserable and is desperate to move) keeping up a good scoring record. The vultures were circling around a few of my key players with release clauses and have offered them better terms. Hoping  we can maintain momentum and qualify for Champions League, having promised Haaland we would qualify. Maybe then we can bring him to the negotiating table and offer better terms. 

Dani Maldini has been a revelation as a bosman deal. Scoring 8 and assisting 4 in half a season. Hoping to turn him into a bit of an Italian Thomas Muller with his goal scoring exploits. 

1835745923_DaniBoi.thumb.PNG.b326e1033c73b081312485c9f9448c01.PNG

We managed to sustain our good form and even went about 17 games unbeaten in the second half of the season to finish second. Bayern Munich won the leage unbeaten, but lost to Dortmund and Leverkusen once the title was wrapped up. 

29037258_End2025.PNG.fd07f0e7d60f5de7bdb05a1126dc29d7.PNG

Our team was immense during this unbeaten run. We even had a number of players in contention for the top scorer. Haland, Werner and Maldini all narrowly missing out on top spot. Kingsley Coman also chipped in with 11 goals. Quite strange to see such a narrow top scorer margin. 

847674352_TopScorer2025.thumb.PNG.b4d4df7664c9368c48d2a3d85dbbae3c.PNG

We've also managed to renew Haaland's contract and remove that awful release clause. For the next season, we've been allocated a £40m transfer budget. However, I am hoping to sign Gedson Fernandes and Werner permanently. The issue being the £39m option for Fernandes would wipe out the budget and while Werner has a £16.75m option, his contract at Real Madrid is £10m p/a :eek:

Rugani, Kingsley Coman and Hannibal Mejbri will all return to Manchester United after their loans. I think we will need to be efficient in the market to reinforce the central-attacking position. We secured Alphonso Davies on a permanent deal in January and he could be key to us next season in Coman's absence. He have a couple of excellent prosects in the youth squad who could make the step up, including a central defender who just signed from Bayern Munich the previous season who is only 16. 

image.thumb.png.a47d85cb19a192dc00e5633d164c4b75.png

3 games left in the league it's Stuttgart's to lose they play Mainz and Bayern if they lose both then all I need is to win my last three to go ahead of them and claim the title.

I've also reached the DFB Pokal Final and the Europa League final so I could still finish Season 9 on Cloud 9 with a treble!!

7 minutes ago, lblanc said:

image.thumb.png.a47d85cb19a192dc00e5633d164c4b75.png

3 games left in the league it's Stuttgart's to lose they play Mainz and Bayern if they lose both then all I need is to win my last three to go ahead of them and claim the title.

I've also reached the DFB Pokal Final and the Europa League final so I could still finish Season 9 on Cloud 9 with a treble!!

Best of luck! 

BTW I wanted to ask you how did Greilinger, Lang, Klassen turn out for you? 

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Best of luck! 

BTW I wanted to ask you how did Greilinger, Lang, Klassen turn out for you? 

Lang is still my first choice cb he's devolped nicely. Alongside Efkan Bekiroğlu he's the only original player left in my team. 

Greillinger was my best player in the first 3 seasons assist King and scored important goals. Improved slightly but when I brought in Coman he dropped down the pecking order, he then wanted a new contract on 60k a week and to be an important player  and I didn't think he deserved that so off he went. 

Klassen was great for me too without necessarily improving stats wise, great cover on both sides, I decided to sell him as he picked up a lot of bookings and gave away stupid fouls which cost me a few games again he slipped down the pecking order as I brought in better players.  Plus I had some decent regens come through 

One player who  impressed for me was Johann Ngounou Djayo was a great backup striker and right winger great pace always scored from the bench he asked for a new challenge around season 6/7 and given he was in his last year contract wise I cashed in. 

3 hours ago, lblanc said:

Lang is still my first choice cb he's devolped nicely. Alongside Efkan Bekiroğlu he's the only original player left in my team. 

Greillinger was my best player in the first 3 seasons assist King and scored important goals. Improved slightly but when I brought in Coman he dropped down the pecking order, he then wanted a new contract on 60k a week and to be an important player  and I didn't think he deserved that so off he went. 

Klassen was great for me too without necessarily improving stats wise, great cover on both sides, I decided to sell him as he picked up a lot of bookings and gave away stupid fouls which cost me a few games again he slipped down the pecking order as I brought in better players.  Plus I had some decent regens come through 

One player who  impressed for me was Johann Ngounou Djayo was a great backup striker and right winger great pace always scored from the bench he asked for a new challenge around season 6/7 and given he was in his last year contract wise I cashed in. 

Thanks! It's funny how different saves can be. 

Lang has not developed at all in 2 seasons - I am thinking of not renewing his contract. 

Greilinger has been great though a constant threat on the wings. This season in 2.Bundesliga he scored 7 and assisted another 7.

Klassen as you said his versatility is great first year he was LB for us and then last season he became first choice RB. 

Djayo didn't progress at all so I sent him out on loan for season 2 and he actually seems to have regressed so he's sadly on his way out. 

Efkan definitely is magnificent and I am really hoping to keep him around. From the original players Weber has been good for me scoring 22 goals over 2 seasons, about half of them penalties. 

10 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Thanks! It's funny how different saves can be. 

Lang has not developed at all in 2 seasons - I am thinking of not renewing his contract. 

Greilinger has been great though a constant threat on the wings. This season in 2.Bundesliga he scored 7 and assisted another 7.

Klassen as you said his versatility is great first year he was LB for us and then last season he became first choice RB. 

Djayo didn't progress at all so I sent him out on loan for season 2 and he actually seems to have regressed so he's sadly on his way out. 

Efkan definitely is magnificent and I am really hoping to keep him around. From the original players Weber has been good for me scoring 22 goals over 2 seasons, about half of them penalties. 

I gave a little run down of what happened to the original crew here

https://lassablanc.wordpress.com/2020/05/01/where-are-they-now/

I am just about to start a new save with Schalke as their real life transfer business issues make them a challenge as I want to change how Schalke deal with player sales and their general transfer business. I also want Schalke to be in a better position financially and try make them the force they once were.

Has anyone else managed Schalke recently?

Any tips ?

10 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I am just about to start a new save with Schalke as their real life transfer business issues make them a challenge as I want to change how Schalke deal with player sales and their general transfer business. I also want Schalke to be in a better position financially and try make them the force they once were.

Has anyone else managed Schalke recently?

Any tips ?

Nice choice of club, I guess you mean the whole thing about losing their best players on frees like Goretzka, Meyer and now Nubel. That said you will have a strong squad to begin with, a great stadium and amazing fan base. Best of luck! 

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

Nice choice of club, I guess you mean the whole thing about losing their best players on frees like Goretzka, Meyer and now Nubel. That said you will have a strong squad to begin with, a great stadium and amazing fan base. Best of luck! 

Yeah I got it wrong about Schalke's finances, I thought I read somewhere that their finances are not very good but I might have got that wrong.

Yeah I don't want to keep losing their best players cheaply or on free's.

I am gutted Embelo aint there anymore.

Anyway my only signing was Alfredo Morelos who I signed from Rangers for £20m.

I sold Stambouli, Oczipka and Burgstaller bringing in £17m back into the coffers.

I have got Frederico Dimarco coming into the club next Summer and Kaio Jorge coming into the club in January.

I can't wait to see how Kaio Jorge does for me.

Oh and I lost my first game 5-1 to Gladbach lol.

image.thumb.png.69e1b13e5e3c8dd1467be39b0abc21f3.png

I got Bayern next so a nice easy game lol.

On 20/06/2020 at 13:47, karanhsingh said:

Great season! What's your team looking like now? 

image.thumb.png.915b1d6414013cb244486bd859d2164c.pngimage.thumb.png.9863d71b81566e1e80eeb9fbccbba4a3.png

This is pretty much my main squad, a lot of regens in there now. I f there is any player you want a more indepth look at let me know.

This is Lang as I know you asked about him. Tbh I'm not sure how much he has improved stats wise but experience wise as said he's pretty much my first choice on the right side of defence

image.thumb.png.7cb0bf08ac17b06d7c152950c0a006d6.png

Edited by lblanc

Right, 

Been a little bit of time since my last update, mainly due to a lot of stuff going on in 'real life'.. ;)

Made it to the winter break, top of Bundesliga.2, having only lost 2 games. Since those defeats, we've won 10 out of the 12 fixtures. :)

image.thumb.png.a08a3f4d1f379a751a8ef789fea33059.png

image.thumb.png.dcecf63da4bf49fb326bfb32d9c5efd3.png

Goals are coming from all over the team, with Lundemo scoring some world class free kicks, also, Rui Costa and Emile Smith Rowe are the top scorers in the division, with 9 and 8 goals each. 

Claudio Ramos has 11 clean sheets already, and with the exception of Mavropanos, who is currently out injured for about 6 weeks, the squad is pretty much regular and fit.

As I mentioned previously, James Garner, on loan from Manchester United, has been the engine room of the team, with 4 assists and a goal, however, his movement in the middle of the pitch is what has allowed everything else to tick along.

image.thumb.png.d64c1965f87593f3bcc7898694d1f6be.png

Marius Lundemo has been the other half of the central midfield partnership, and he has been outstanding, dictating play with Garner. His impact has been that great, that he has signed a new contract since he joined, which removes the minimum fee release clause from his deal.

image.thumb.png.87e0565f300968eb4d52bce7bc52f88b.png

We are expecting one signing to come in over the winter period, and that is young Uruguayan striker, Matias Arezo.

A few small signings coming in for me at Karlsruhe, mainly as a result of me going through U20 and 21 teams.

Georgian youngster, Goga Kupatadze, probably end up playing as a sitting midfielder for me.

image.thumb.png.f3d61f34484fd682fb5d809ee750dc0f.png

Ghanaian youngster James Antwi (who has Dutch heritage), coming in as a long term full back prospect. May need a bit more pace work.

image.thumb.png.c83dd32d26d4ab90c60b5d9e631ffa8f.png

Brazilian right back, Kley Gama, who is better than my current right back. Hes on loan until June having been spotted in the Brazilian U20s.

image.thumb.png.a8e7b7064379680f98a865b4d6accc43.png

Schalke Season 1 Review

I managed to get a top 4 place for Schalke and Champions League football.

image.thumb.png.2faa46809f344cd9065fd5f4f399296b.png

Morelos didn't get as many goals as I would of liked and only managed 30 games for me but got 16 goals so an average 1 every 2 games which aint too bad.

image.thumb.png.868edb0bda041f159f10eb77867491a3.png

Oscar Mascarell was my overal best player with the best average rating and 7 goals.

image.thumb.png.6c2b4e3caaf92f9213c0fdc002a6dd60.png

On 13/06/2020 at 04:45, robterrace said:

Did you manage to find it? I will definitely become a patron if you can get those faces automatically assigned.

11 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Did you manage to find it? I will definitely become a patron if you can get those faces automatically assigned.

I've found it, but as its unlisted, I'm just waiting for Chilled Moose to OK me sharing it.

Picked Bayer, I have a bit of an unfinished business with them. In FM19 I had a couple of saves with them but always failed. Squad still packed with wonderkids. Havertz of course but also Tapsoba and Palacios. I think I'll try to play 433 of sorts like the assistant recommends:

image.thumb.png.0f2446f0717d48f5a43a12019709a3c0.png

So I needed a new keeper and noticed Gianluigi Donnarumma was transfer listed but AC Milan wanted £42m and I only had £8m so I asked the board to give me the money to buy him. I didn't expect them to do it but they did and now I have my Goalkeeper sorted for the next 10 years.

image.thumb.png.4809f771eef1fe5e3591cbc66f26680b.png

image.thumb.png.37cea93e5d6def5d0f68f43fc333d7d5.png

I also bought back Sead Kolasinac to Schalke for £20m. 

image.thumb.png.4e8f67557939b78522d819be98208f5e.png

My DOF bought in Zeki Celik from Lille for £7.25m. He looks decent and can play both full back positions.

image.thumb.png.a7bd16f13297b068f192ff0727cc0dc6.png

I am excited about this next player, another bargain this time from Bulgaria. Valentin Antov signed for £5m from CSKA Sofia. A decent defender.

image.thumb.png.ab343fee1927cd741342c58383861c09.png

Another central defender signed was German international Thilo Kehrer who cost me £4.4m from PSG. He looks like a great deal for such a low price.

image.thumb.png.a8d7026d0ce017a7439e77e42c679aa7.png

Next one in was Dutch winger Zakaria Aboukhlal signed from AZ for £4.1m.

image.thumb.png.2bba474d073026d6ee3eba17e81631a8.png

Highly touted youngster Federico Dimarco was a deal I done at the start of last season but only just come to the club due to his young age. An excellent left back who will be a good understudy for Kolasinic.

image.thumb.png.539f8cbce99dab8b1e3ada17fb4be0b6.png

I also have Matias Arezo coming in January for a bargain £725k.

image.thumb.png.a33386fc7d0dac09b9612e6b5903531b.png