[FM20] Red Star F.C.

MarcxD

April 2025

april

Some of the worst defeats but also an important home win against Bordeaux makes for a mediocre but perhaps not the worst month ever.

april-league-table

7th will be the best possible finish, I think that should still qualify us for Europe, the Conference thing.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Season Review 2024-2025

post-season-season-review

somewhat of a new approach tactically and a clear improvement in the league. For quite a bit of the season we actually looked like making the top 5 which would've been great but to make Europe for the first time in the end is still a great achievement.

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-best-eleven-overall

post-season-squad

There's an interesting discrepancy between the player ratings and the results we've got...

post-season-table

Edited by MarcxD

Pre-Season 2025

pre-season25-tv-money

pre-season25-prediction

Another slight improvement on our expectations. It should be an interesting season with the added games in Europe - hopefully a lot, as we first have to get through a qualifying round.

pre-season25-transfers

Signed right back Mattiello permanently after he was on loan last year. Other new players are filling up gaps in the squad, making sure all back-ups are at a decent level as well. No real stars, though. Offloaded some players to make room for them in the wage budget.

pre-season25

Good run in pre-season against teams we should be beating, to be fair.

August - September 2025

august25

We did then lose our first league game but a pretty decent start afterwards and we won the qualifier for the Europa Conference League thing against Sampdoria, a pretty hard tie.

august25-EC2-draw

Pretty interesting differing quality of teams, lower end of Europa League you would say but then you have a Benfica in our group or a Leverkusen elsewhere.

september25

We did start well in Europe with a win, but not doing amazingly well in the league. 

september25-league-table

september25-upgrade-1

september25-upgrade-2

18 hours ago, cplpeters1900 said:

No English teams in the Europa Conference?

That does seem to be the case. Good spot.

engl

Looking back at previous years only the first year the Conference was held an English team competed. Each year afterwards at least one of the competitions was one by an English team securing automatic participation the next year in CL or EL, so perhaps that's the reason why. Can't be 8 teams qualifying for Europe perhaps. Not sure exactly.

November 2025

november25

More great results in Europe and we have already qualified for the knockouts. Better in the league as well, except for losing to PSG which would've been more surprising if it hadn't happened.

november25-league-table

Close fight behind the top 2 or 3 as usual, down to Bordeaux in 11th. Any team that manages some consistency could very well run away with European football.

iSviaaH.png

Edited by MarcxD

December 2025

december25

A very strong month, finishing the ECL group with another nice win but more importantly we had some tough games in the league and came away with a lot of points.

december25-league-table

december25-ECL-group

december25-intake-preview

Looking like a first "golden generation", although many of the talents are not rated quite that well? Certainly interested in that midfielder.

January 2026

january26-outgoing

Four departures but only one to really talk about: star striker Dusan Vlahovic has left for Real Madrid. That offer was just too good to refuse. Since I've signed a few talented strikers recently, I don't even have to spend to replace him. I'll be recalling Altink from loan, a young Dutch striker I had signed last season.

january-incoming

I did sign one new player, a young Spaniard for the future.

january26

Some big wins in the cup, including one against rivals Paris FC. Also a nice win in the league against Marseille. Going well right now.

january26-league-table

February 2026

february26

Close fought battle with PSG in the cup, but even though we didn't lose in the league I'm not too happy with some of the performances there.

february26-league-table

Even so, we are well situated to make at least Europa League this season.

March 2026

march26

As winners of the Conference group we skipped the first knockout round and won the second quite easily. Up to the quarter finals, against CSKA Moscow.

march26-league-table

march26-youth-intake

In a way the best intake yet as Joly does seem to have that bit more than any of previous academy players. Overall still not amazing, but I'll take this one.

joly

May 2026

may26

Fantastic finish in the league, but sadly we couldn't quite do it in the final of the Conference League. Would've been amazing to grab a European trophy at first asking.

may26-league-table

But, we managed to finish in fourth thanks to the sprint at the end... CL!

may26-price-money

may26-tv-money

Also some decent price money added in throughout the rounds so we are looking very good financially. Now to build a stadium.

may26-300

Season Review 2025-2026

Can't complain about everything here. Fantastic run in Europe, best league finish yet and got further in the cup yet. (Although honestly that just seems to be based whether I get PSG or Monaco early in the draws or not).

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-squad

post-season-ranking

post-season-table

Pre-Season 2026

pre-season-prediction

Pretty big step up, still some ways behind the top 6 though.

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-transfers

Excited about Simons joining us, best central midfielder at the club now. But there were more expensive transfers, especially Matsima, a new central defender.

Let go Longstaff and Calloway, my two English central midfielders. Both because they were only rotational options at this point and because as English players they had to be registrered as non-EU.

pre-season-upgrade-2

pre-season-upgrade-1

pre-season-offer

pre-season

A bit of a slow start to the pre-season but that Galatasaray win is a nice point go get going with the regular season.

October 2026

october

Oh, man, rough month. Away at Lille & Rennes and home against PSG and Man Utd are all games I can deal with losing, but 4 in one month is a bit nasty.. I also don't feel like there was much chance of getting anything out of these games.

october-league-table

Hopefully this hasn't done too much damage to morale and the new signings can gel, then we should be able to bounce back quickly.

December 2026

december

And now we're on a roll, in the league! Some great victories, away at Monaco for one. 

december-league-table

Right back in it for a possible top 4 if we can keep this kind of form going.

december-CL-group

It was a hard hazing in our first season in the CL, just outclassed.

January 2027

january

Still doing well in the league but out in the first round we play in the cup. Just not my competition so far.

january-league-table

Top 4, with a bit of a lead. Our lead to 6th/7th/'8th is 11 points now, so we are looking very good for European qualification again. If we can hold on, we could even battle with Lyon and Monaco for second or third.

january-upgrades

january-out

Three players left - and another striker breaks the transfer record. Altink after about 12 months playing in the first team is gone. A big portion of the profit (signed for 1.9M) will go to his former club Fortuna Sittard, but still I thought it was too much to reject.

I also let go Joly as I don't see him making the first team.

january-Altink

january-in

I did need to replace Altink with a new striker so I replaced him with another young player with a lot of potential, from Argentina this time.

Cellerino

March 2027

march

Huge, the first time we managed to avoid a defeat against PSG! Game against Rennes wasn't bad either...

march-league-table

march-youth-intake

Yeah, still not great, although the base level of the players coming through does seem to have got a bit better. Quite a few are signed up to see if this initial reported potential is on the low end - and to just have a youth squad with players with good determination and personalities to influence each other.

march-offer

Absolutely ridiculous that I'm still seen as someone who signs players over 30, I've only very rarely done that.

4 minutes ago, SRL88 said:

4 to go. Closing in on that Champions League spot. How's your run-in looking?

Quite good actually, no top sides and facing both Lorient and Lens at the bottom in the final 2 games

Season Review 2026-2027

CL was just a bit too much, and another weak performance in the cup. But we have done very well in the league. The attendance seems to be a bit broken in the stadium we're still renting.

post-season-price-money

post-season-best-eleven

post-season-table

Pre-Season 2027

pre-season-tv-money

pre-season-prediction

pre-season-upgrade

pre-season-job-offer

Definitely the biggest club yet to offer me an interview.

pre-season-takeover

pre-season-takeover-2

pre-season-takeover-3

pre-season-takeover-4

pre-season-takeover-5

This was quite annoying in the middle of the transfer period, at least I kept the job!

pre-season-transfers

Signed a new central defender in Van der Laan, other players are mostly filling up the squad as rotational options or back-up / future prospects. Wasn't really planning on letting two players from the 8th intake go already but clubs offered them contracts before I did. Not so sure about them to be fair and I did manage to keep some others where clubs came sniffing.

In the end I had one decently sized sale in Louakima, a right back who I signed last year for 3.1M. Did okay, but wasn't anything special.

pre-season

Good prep for the regular season.

August 2027

august

Not an amazing start, but Monaco and Rennes are tough fixtures. Should be beating Caen though.

august-league-table

august-CL-draw

Definitely a better draw than last year, with most of these teams probably at a similar level. 

Looks like you've really getting some progress in the last couple of seasons, Red Star is a settled Champions League club now. I think that group is as tight and even as it can get, no favourites. I can see you winning the group or coming bottom, it'll come down to the details.

On 30/11/2019 at 18:21, john1 said:

Good to see new owner investing in youth facilities :thup:  Not bad CL group apart from Milan :cool: 

On 01/12/2019 at 10:01, deltablue said:

Interesting group.

On 01/12/2019 at 13:42, SRL88 said:

Definitely points to be earned in that group

On 02/12/2019 at 15:06, noikeee said:

Looks like you've really getting some progress in the last couple of seasons, Red Star is a settled Champions League club now. I think that group is as tight and even as it can get, no favourites. I can see you winning the group or coming bottom, it'll come down to the details.

On 30/11/2019 at 19:59, kidthekid said:

Not a bad group indeed. Did the new board actually bid for players without your consent?

Thanks guys, the group will be tight but it should be some interesting match ups. 

As to if the new board actually made bids, yeah they did and were accepted, but during the contract negotiations they immediately failed, not sure if that was because they offered **** deals or if it was bugged through me not being able to sign any players, meaning my board couldn't either.

September 2027

september

We are not doing well at all in the league, but we did get two very close wins in the champions league!

I decided to try to go back to the tactic I started this save with in many of the home games in the league at least, as the 3 MC approach isn't going that smoothly at the moment any way and I want to get back to some high scoring games. Not sure if it will even still work like that with the match engine changes since then, mind. I did get wins against Nimes and Milan using it (although Milan did have more shots than us).

september-league-table

October 2027

october

A rough month, facing Lille, PSG & Bordeaux in the league. Only one loss is acceptable, but only 1 win really isn't. 

october-league-table

october-funds

I did get this message, which is certainly welcome! I will use some of this to at least get a new AMC in, and will be looking for some big talents around.

November 2027

november

Definitely the best month so far. Some good wins and goals. Making our way back up the league table and we have secured qualification for the knockout rounds in the CL for the first time!

november-league-table