Matt's TTF Set

I have tried your tactics for while now. Got relegated from Prem with Wolves (2nd season) and now look like getting relegated to League 1...

I am creating no chances. Despite having D'Allessandro, Diogo and numerous other good quality players. I should be walking the division...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why are the CPU dominating Possession/and or creating so many chances?

A common problem that is relatively easy to solve for the canny manager.

The cpu is using a play maker, chances are he is a Central midfielder occupying a defensive midfielders mentality within the match engine, or he is a true defensive midfielder sitting in front of the back four.

Failure to take action against this sort of player will seriously impact on performances of the players and results of the team.

If the opposition is playing a 4-4-2 formation, the left central midfielder is an attacking midfielder and the right central midfielder is the defensive/play maker type. Select your left central midfielder to man mark the oppositions right central midfielder, and use hard tackling (change to normal/easy if your player gets booked). Using this method you will reduce the effectiveness of the oppositions play maker, this will see you reduce chances created by the opposition, and will seriously help improve your results. I have only recently discovered this myself, but it can make a big difference. If at the start of the game you are unsure as to which central midfielder/defensive midfielder is the oppositions play maker, wait for 10 15 minutes of the game to pass, the player with the most passes/kep passes will normally fulfil this role.

If you are dominating/and or controlling the game then the above can be discarded, and the opposition is not playing a play maker.

I have been surprised at how even lowly sides in league 1 seem to use a play maker.

Feedback from WWF or any other knowledgeable sources are appreciated.

It's good advice. If you have quick, athletic defenders raising the d-line can also reduce the amount of possession for the opposition as your players will start to defend higher up the pitch. Be warned, with slow lumps it will be very risky.

Why are the CPU dominating Possession/and or creating so many chances?

A common problem that is relatively easy to solve for the canny manager.

The cpu is using a play maker, chances are he is a Central midfielder occupying a defensive midfielders mentality within the match engine, or he is a true defensive midfielder sitting in front of the back four.

Failure to take action against this sort of player will seriously impact on performances of the players and results of the team.

If the opposition is playing a 4-4-2 formation, the left central midfielder is an attacking midfielder and the right central midfielder is the defensive/play maker type. Select your left central midfielder to man mark the oppositions right central midfielder, and use hard tackling (change to normal/easy if your player gets booked). Using this method you will reduce the effectiveness of the oppositions play maker, this will see you reduce chances created by the opposition, and will seriously help improve your results. I have only recently discovered this myself, but it can make a big difference. If at the start of the game you are unsure as to which central midfielder/defensive midfielder is the oppositions play maker, wait for 10 15 minutes of the game to pass, the player with the most passes/kep passes will normally fulfil this role.

If you are dominating/and or controlling the game then the above can be discarded, and the opposition is not playing a play maker.

If you are using the defensive or shut up shop tactics then you do not need to worry about man marking the play maker, as these tactics already employ tight/man marking.

I have been surprised at how even lowly sides in league 1 seem to use a play maker.

Feedback from WWF or any other knowledgeable sources are appreciated.

If you are using the standard, defensive or shut up shop tactics then you do not need to worry about man marking the play maker, as these tactics already employ tight/man marking.

*Added this to the post above and the opening post.

Was doing really well with this, and flying high at the top of the league. Then out of no-where hit a patch of bad form and have had to settle for third place and a playoff spot. Hopefully I will go through, but I will be heartbroken if we don't go up this season after dominating for so long.

Mind you can't knock it for reaism, Oxford did almsot exactly this two seasons ago.

Was doing really well with this, and flying high at the top of the league. Then out of no-where hit a patch of bad form and have had to settle for third place and a playoff spot. Hopefully I will go through, but I will be heartbroken if we don't go up this season after dominating for so long.

Mind you can't knock it for reaism, Oxford did almsot exactly this two seasons ago.

Ahh unlucky, try to keep morale up as best as possible and hope for the best.

im liking it so far done will in friendlies granted im sunderland and playing lower leaque opposition but it actually looks like im playing nice football.

Also shut up shop for a whole game? would that work when i play the big 4 you reckon?

im liking it so far done will in friendlies granted im sunderland and playing lower leaque opposition but it actually looks like im playing nice football.

Also shut up shop for a whole game? would that work when i play the big 4 you reckon?

Urgh i don't know. It is kind of inviting pressure, but it could be a good way to kill off a game. I was joking when i said it. I imagine it would work well against sides who play counter attack. It could possible come unstuck against sides playing long ball football with a tall center forward though. Try it in a pre-season friendly and see how it goes.

Urgh i don't know. It is kind of inviting pressure, but it could be a good way to kill off a game. I was joking when i said it. I imagine it would work well against sides who play counter attack. It could possible come unstuck against sides playing long ball football with a tall center forward though. Try it in a pre-season friendly and see how it goes.

Ok its too early for me to read something and think 'Joke' lol i was thinking against the big four to use defensive till say 40th min then shut-up shop till half time, then use defensive till 80th min and shut-up-shop till the end as it it might be work

I will test this tonight.

Is the v2 better to download than the v1 options?

Do the tactics make the most from corners too?

I think V2 is better, but you can try both if you like, and yes corners are maximised.

Ok its too early for me to read something and think 'Joke' lol i was thinking against the big four to use defensive till say 40th min then shut-up shop till half time, then use defensive till 80th min and shut-up-shop till the end as it it might be work

Yeah you could try that.

Matt any suggestions for improving away form?

Using mostly Standard or Defensive cos I'm rarely favourite. But its not going great.

I did switch to Attacking for my last game and won 4-1, maybe worth pursuing that tactic even away from home if you're not favourite?

As I said, home I'm pretty untouchable but my away from might cost me the league!

Using mostly Standard or Defensive cos I'm rarely favourite. But its not going great.

I did switch to Attacking for my last game and won 4-1, maybe worth pursuing that tactic even away from home if you're not favourite?

As I said, home I'm pretty untouchable but my away from might cost me the league!

Hmmm thats weird, i have the best away record in the division. Let me have a think and ill get back to you in 10 minutes or so.

Went up after beating Torquay 2-1 at home and then drawing 2-2 at Plaine Moore.

Beat Sailsbury in the final 2-1 despite having both my right back, and the sub defender, now playing at right back, injured within the first 10 min.

Looking forward to League 2. Just need to clear out the dross in the squad and bring in some better players.

Went up after beating Torquay 2-1 at home and then drawing 2-2 at Plaine Moore.

Beat Sailsbury in the final 2-1 despite having both my right back, and the sub defender, now playing at right back, injured within the first 10 min.

Looking forward to League 2. Just need to clear out the dross in the squad and bring in some better players.

Congrats on the win, going up through the play-offs is always the most exciting route, and the toughest route, and at least you will have got a nice pay out from the Wembley experience.

Well just completed my first year of using the V2 set. A good year which also saw me win the Johnstone's Paint Trophy. Southampton had a better squad, and i only managed to draw and lose against them, but apart from playing them i was very consistent all year. My form dipped a little towards the end of the season dropping a few points by conceding lucky goals late on, but overall i was delighted.

Will need to strengthen my squad though if i am to avoid a repeat relegation after promotion to the championship though.

98544594vr7.jpg

w1280.png

Matt I need your help buddy

I was using the tactics, and was doing great. I was 2nd until I hit December. From then on I've won 4 in the last 15! What's going on...

I went from dominating teams, winning away games 4-1, 3-0 etc. to not winning at all. Now I'm always the underdog away from home, I switchto Def tactics and all I do is just invite shots at my goal without really creating anything.

It's still my first season, so maybe I need to wait until next season to see the full effects?

But results lately have been ridiculous. I lost at home to Brighton 5-1, also lost away at Scunny and Oldham 5-2 and Millwall 4-1. My player ratings hae dropped to about 5.6 average now!

It's making me want to quit it's getting that daft!

I was using the tactics, and was doing great. I was 2nd until I hit December. From then on I've won 4 in the last 15! What's going on...

I went from dominating teams, winning away games 4-1, 3-0 etc. to not winning at all. Now I'm always the underdog away from home, I switchto Def tactics and all I do is just invite shots at my goal without really creating anything.

It's still my first season, so maybe I need to wait until next season to see the full effects?

But results lately have been ridiculous. I lost at home to Brighton 5-1, also lost away at Scunny and Oldham 5-2 and Millwall 4-1. My player ratings hae dropped to about 5.6 average now!

Hmmm could be a number of things.

Have you changed captain by any chance?

Made any accidental tweaks to the tactics?

Using the wrong team talks?

When playing Attack or Control are you man marking the oppositions play maker? That can be a common sign if the cpu is controlling possession. UPload a pkm or two and ill take a look for you.

Its really hard for me to say why results have suddenly dropped off, ill throw this one open to the floor maybe someone else will have an idea.

Sounds like a motivation issue. Maybe they are eeling the pressure? Have you had any sendings off... disciplined anyone.

Try saying there is no pressure and see how they do. If it keeps getting worse try positive and negative re-enforcement, and then if all else fais fines for poor performance and transfer listing players.

Wow, life is tough since i got promoted.

2 Wins, 2 draws and 2 losses. The 2 wins coming in my last 2 games.

I feel dirty though, as both games i won i got terribly out played, and i feel ashamed to have taken the 3 points. If that would have happened to me, i would be considering starting a thread calling the AI dirty cheating bas*ards. :D

Sounds like a motivation issue. Maybe they are eeling the pressure? Have you had any sendings off... disciplined anyone.

Try saying there is no pressure and see how they do. If it keeps getting worse try positive and negative re-enforcement, and then if all else fais fines for poor performance and transfer listing players.

I do have a fairly young team. And no I havn't changed my tactics or even tweaked them a little. I'm quite shocked at the turnaround, as I was winning so comfortably before December.

I have been trying the 'no pressure' and 'faith in your ability' but it doesn't seem to be working. Funny thing is, during my run of bad results, I beat Peterborough at home 2-1 and I've never dominated a game so much, I had 10 clearcut opportunuties and well over 20 shots. That's why I'm so confused!

How do you put things up on here Matt? Print screen then paste into here? I'm not really a Comp guy, pretty useless when it comes to it really!

Have started my new season in League 2 with Rushden, after getting promoted with using the V1 tactic set.

I decided to try the V2 tactic set for this season, and so far Im enjoying success with it. 2 wins from the opening 3 league matches, scoring lots of goals (5-1, 4-2).

Then I faced a difficult challenged away to Yeovil, and decided to start with the V2 Standard tactic:

2e4c08i.jpg

Wow!

My initial impressions of V2 are excellent - there's a lot more action and goals in this version than V1, and my wingers and midfield are more involved. Whilst this is in part due to my squad improving (more coaches this season), I'm still sure that this tactic set is superior to V1.

So thanks again to Mat!

edit: forgot to add that already Ive had 3 penalties this season - I'm not sure if this is just a fluke, or wether it's related to using V2?

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the V2 Set matt.

The V1 Set didn't work for me but here is what V2 did:

Played as relegation candidate Köln in 2nd season (German Bundesliga)

PL 7 W 5 D1 L1. For 17 Against 8.

The best thing I see is how good my strikers are performing.

Baiano : Played 5, Scored 4 and 1 Assist. AvR of 6.84, but who cares..he scores, finally =)

Then to a regen who's called Girardet, but he's simply a god with Strength 17, Finishing of 17, Jumping 19, Pace 17, Dribbling 16 etc..:

Played 5, Scored 3 and 3 Assists. AvR 7.78!, in the right striker role.

Will test the tactic further and report back here.

Thanks Matt!

PS: I have my own training schedules created this season, included a Pre-Season training. In Pre-Season it has high strength, but the position based schedules have very low strength training. So in Pre-Season they can gain much fitness, while in the season, especially my strikers, do intensive shooting training, AMs Attacking Shooting, Wingers Ball Control and so on.. Don't know my success has something to do with it, just wanted to say that if anyone is struggling training wise, have a look on this: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=72021

Hey cannot thank you enough Matt, your tactics saved my season!! :)

Was under-fire as Liverpool in first season. Going into the final months, was in 6th place, knocked outta FA cup early on, Knocked out of League Cup, was doing good in the champions league as i reached the knockout phases and my league was ok. The board were annoyed with my performance and they wanted me out. Started using your tactic and managed to finish 3rd in the league and win the champions league by beating Chelsea in the final!!! Awesome tactics man, best iv seen so far, well played! Cheers!

Hey cannot thank you enough Matt, your tactics saved my season!! :)

Was under-fire as Liverpool in first season. Going into the final months, was in 6th place, knocked outta FA cup early on, Knocked out of League Cup, was doing good in the champions league as i reached the knockout phases and my league was ok. The board were annoyed with my performance and they wanted me out. Started using your tactic and managed to finish 3rd in the league and win the champions league by beating Chelsea in the final! Awesome tactics man, best iv seen so far, well played! Cheers!

Glad that people are having great success from using them, always nice to hear good feedback.

Whilst i don't think there is much wrong with V2, i am working towards a V3, which will be released if results improve from the V2 set.

Have started my new season in League 2 with Rushden, after getting promoted with using the V1 tactic set.

I decided to try the V2 tactic set for this season, and so far Im enjoying success with it. 2 wins from the opening 3 league matches, scoring lots of goals (5-1, 4-2).

Then I faced a difficult challenged away to Yeovil, and decided to start with the V2 Standard tactic:

Wow!

My initial impressions of V2 are excellent - there's a lot more action and goals in this version than V1, and my wingers and midfield are more involved. Whilst this is in part due to my squad improving (more coaches this season), I'm still sure that this tactic set is superior to V1.

So thanks again to Mat!

edit: forgot to add that already Ive had 3 penalties this season - I'm not sure if this is just a fluke, or wether it's related to using V2?

Hey where did you get the stadium pack?

Guys V3 set are finished, and am currently testing them and am seeing some incredible results using the defensive/shut up shop/standard sets in the championship with my newly promoted bristol rovers side. I have yet to test Attack and Control as my team have not had good enough match odds yet but as soon as i do i may be able to release V3.

Archived