Matt's TTF Set

thanks Matt for yr nice tactics. i am currently using V3, the first beta, with my team which just were promoted to 1st german league (bundesliga) and after 12 games i am 1st in the league without any defeat...just awesome.

Rostock versus:

Karlsruhe (H) 3:1

Wolfsburg (A) 0:0

M'Gladbach (H) 3:1

Stuttgart (A) 1:1

Schalke (H) 2:2

Nürnberg (A) 2:1

Cottbus (H) 1:0

Bochum (A) 2:2

Bayern Munich (H) 3:2 :p

Hoffenheim (A) 2:1

Bremen (A) 1:1

Leverkusen (H) 3:1

Due to fact that I was considering every team stronger than me, I mainly used the defensive tactic. Possession-wise I was nearly always better than opponents. shoots on goal were mostly fewer or same than opponents, but my strikers (Kern/Lewandowski) are quite efficient and both leading the scorer-table (each 7).

Last game against Leverkusen, which I won 3:1, was shoots on goals 5:18 against me. :cool:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

matt you are one crazy bastard :D your tactics are awesome, pure ownage :D

tried them since the v3 first beta and cant wait to try the final ver, I'm sure there' aren't radical changes, but let's see with what u came up to :p

Is there a version that doesn't need winrar?
matt you are one crazy bastard :D your tactics are awesome, pure ownage :D

tried them since the v3 first beta and cant wait to try the final ver, I'm sure there' aren't radical changes, but let's see with what u came up to :p

The final version has been released, and the V3 beta has been withdrawn, you can pick up V3 Final Build below or in the first post.

http://rapidshare.com/files/168268485/Matts_Tacs_V3_Final_Build.rar

Been used V3 (beta) Attacking for most of the season, then switch to V3 (final) Control, first two games - hammered 6-0 by Arsenal, then hammered 6-1 by Blackburn.. that was harsh :p

Hardly surprising, control is not a tactic you should be using for more than the last ten minutes of games. It can be used against lower league sides who park the bus, but against quality opposition your just asking to get raped.

Been used V3 (beta) Attacking for most of the season, then switch to V3 (final) Control, first two games - hammered 6-0 by Arsenal, then hammered 6-1 by Blackburn.. that was harsh :p
& I started my third season with manchester city now... i am having trouble with v3 control tactic ... and attacking leaves lots of space at the back :( ugh

If your clear favourites then you should be using Attack, if your small favourites or odds are close then using attack will see that space get ruthlessly exploited. I am undefeated in 25 games using this set, and this is using defensive/standard/attack. Control has been used twice in the last ten minutes to help me score two late goals. Shut up shop gets used for the final ten minutes if i am winning by 1 goal and the cpu is exerting good pressure on my defence. If i am up by a couple of goals at half time, and the cpu comes out to attack for the second half then i will sometimes switch to defensive to soak up the pressure and hit them on the counter.

If you don't pick the right tactic based on the match odds you will lose more often than not, this is because the cpu uses match odds as a basis for their tactics. So if they are favourite or slight underdogs, they will attack, but not as aggressively as my attack tactic, hence, they will get lots of space and you will often concede. This is why its important to understand why you lost, if you can't do that then these tactics are not for you.

Currently unbeaten using V2 (big thumbs up) twelve games into the EPL, then exited the league cup. After seeing the final version 3 was available I thought why not, and then proceeded to win (A) at Boro 2-1 then starting with the Defensive tac @ Old Trafford and losing at HT switched to Standard and managed to secure a 2-2 Draw which at Old Trafford aint too bad :) of course relying on shut up in the last ten!

manureux3.jpg

By FFFJeff

cheers Matt Kutgw

+ Epic 4-3 win at White Hart Lane 7 out of possibly 9 tough away games..exellent start with V3 :)

when you use the standard tactic? and is possible to have 2 or more playmaker against a midfield of 4-3-3???

No, there will only be one play maker as far as i am aware. Spotting it in a 4-3-3 can be tricky. Its not always the DM either, so its hard to spot. Best to start the game and keep checking, if your keeping it even or dominating possession, and your scout did not suggest watching the play maker carefully then i wouldn't worry about the instructions and just play as normal. Out of the 8 games i have played in the championship so far, i have only given instructions against what i believed was a play maker twice.

Do you have any tip for me? I win many games but i dont dominating them and create not many goals. What can i do ?

Play Fm 2008, the Fm 2009 match engine is a much more realistic representation of football, so gone are the days of 40 shots on goal and wins of 6-0.

Using these tactics with Spurs. Just used the Attacking (V3) against Hull and played really well, 17 shots, 7 clear cut chances, 61% possession. Only finished 2-0 mind, but that was due to my strikers not being able to finish!

Almost got caught out at the back a few times on the counter, though. But so far I am liking these tactics! Thankyou for taking the time to make them!

I know stupid question but ... V3 is the best tactic? Can I remove older?

Yes remove older versions, if you ever want to go back to them they are in the first post.

Using these tactics with Spurs. Just used the Attacking (V3) against Hull and played really well, 17 shots, 7 clear cut chances, 61% possession. Only finished 2-0 mind, but that was due to my strikers not being able to finish!

Almost got caught out at the back a few times on the counter, though. But so far I am liking these tactics! Thankyou for taking the time to make them!

No problem.

Sorry Matt, but what kind of OI's do you use on each tactic? Since my Assman is Sh*t, i can't really rely on him!

Just couldn't find any reference on this subject on the thread...

Thanks in advance.

Generally, i use OI's on the danger man for the opposition as picked by my scout. If the opposition is playing a play maker, i will use OI's on him if he is getting too much time to make loads of key passes.

mattbuck

Didnt you have a "guide" for which tactics to use and when? Like "slight favorites away: standard/attacking"?

If so, please write it again in topic :)

First Page

"Playing against a side 3 or 4 leagues below you Control

Clear Favourites Attack

Very Close Odds Standard

Underdog Defensive

Extreme Underdog Shut Up Shop"

Hi matt i know this isnt anything to do with your excellent set, but do oppostion instructions work on FM 2007?

Eh, thats a random question, i guess so i cannot remember for sure though.

Are you trying to use this set on fm 2007 by any chance? Does the game recognise the tactics? Would be interesting to know.

First Page

"Playing against a side 3 or 4 leagues below you Control

Clear Favourites Attack

Very Close Odds Standard

Underdog Defensive

Extreme Underdog Shut Up Shop"

Thanks. I didnt see it. Before it was written in more detail :p

Matt, as regards of my team geling into this tactic, would it matter that I've changed from V2 to V3 (After maybe twenty games - including pre-season?)

If it will not be a problem, then how long, in your experience will it take my Liverpool team to fully integrate themselves with these tactcis?

The league table shown below shows I'm doing ok, although there have been many 1-0's and sometimes unconvincing in possession but on the whole I must say this is an amazing tactic set :thup:

tablekq0.jpg

By FFFJeff

Matt, as regards of my team geling into this tactic, would it matter that I've changed from V2 to V3 (After maybe twenty games - including pre-season?)

If it will not be a problem, then how long, in your experience will it take my Liverpool team to fully integrate themselves with these tactcis?

The league table shown below shows I'm doing ok, although there have been many 1-0's and sometimes unconvincing in possession but on the whole I must say this is an amazing tactic set :thup:

tablekq0.jpg

By FFFJeff

Impressive results mate, hard to argue with that i must say, and from what you describe, playing just like liverpool. :)

I would choose V3 though, i think its better all round. I should imagine that it won't take long at all to gel providing your players are still not trying to blend into your squad.

Appreciate the feedback Matt, and yes I do agree that thinking about it, my team are playing just like L'pool IRL. I just did not think of things that way but I am trying to bring my own unique style to the club and not continue Rafa's 5 + 5 :)

Drawn Roma (H) 1st leg in last sixteen of CL (cries like a baby) think I'm level now with Utd...as long as I challenge that is a good enough start for me, thanks again.

Will post final league table :thup:

tablekq0.jpg

By FFFJeff

Appreciate the feedback Matt, and yes I do agree that thinking about it, my team are playing just like L'pool IRL. I just did not think of things that way but I am trying to bring my own unique style to the club and not continue Rafa's 5 + 5 :)

Drawn Roma (H) 1st leg in last sixteen of CL (cries like a baby) think I'm level now with Utd...as long as I challenge that is a good enough start for me, thanks again.

Will post final league table :thup:

Thanks, always nice to see feedback and results. Keep me updated regularly on how the first few games go with this new set.

Sadly didn't work out very well for my West Ham team. I gave it a try for 10-12 games and lost probably 75% of them. It might be the fact I have no natural wingers, just a ton of central midfielders.

That probably does not help, are you sure you are not being to aggressive when picking the tactic to play the cpu?

Are you doing team talks or leaving them to your assistant?

Its hard to help with such a brief description.

Here are my results with Man City:11 games 11wins

Averege goals:3.2/match and 4goals received

Robinho has scored 7 in 9 and8 assists as an FCd

Jo has 9 goals in 8 as FCa

Only thing i've changed is FCa FwR to mixed andtell the FCa to move into channels often and beat the offside trap

Here are my results with Man City:11 games 11wins

Averege goals:3.2/match and 4goals received

Robinho has scored 7 in 9 and8 assists as an FCd

Jo has 9 goals in 8 as FCa

Only thing i've changed is FCa FwR to mixed andtell the FCa to move into channels often and beat the offside trap

Very impressive results mate, V3 Final build?

what does IO mean ?

IO? Think you mean OI, and that means opposition instructions.

Hi Matt, after gaining promotion with Ipswich using my own tactic I've really struggled in the premiership and I'm going down with 5 games still to play. I'm planning a new assault on the championship using your final tactic set and looking at what players to bring in. Can you give me some feedback on the type of player I should be looking for at full back, wingers and strikers? e.g. I've got Jan Koller who is ancient but would he be a good choice for the left striker? cheers mate!

Archived