Matt's TTF Set

Seems like a good tactic you got here mate..

Well first game beat crewe 4-0 with leeds. All in first half and just rested players i 2nd half, will give more feedback after a few more games!

Promising start. Which tactic did you use?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First game for me as Sociedad was away to Gimnastic. I started with the standard and was 0-1 down at the break but I tink this is because of my team talk. I told them I wanted to see more from them and we turned it around to win 3-1. For the first game with the tactic it looks like it has potential. WIll report back after a few more games.

Well try to lower their creative freedom in the defensive and standard tactics to normal, also untick free role for the defensive forward, as if the players have low creativity and flair, then them having creative freedom/and or free role is pointless as they won't be able to do anything.

If that doesn't work, although im sure it will, you could try using one or both of them as target men, for defensive pick run onto the ball, and for standard try to play to their feet. For run onto the ball they will need good off the ball movement and acceleration, and for play to feet a good first touch.

Ok cheers matt will try it and let you know how I get on after a few games. Im in December and have a bit of cash to spend on a new striker hopefully that will shake things up a bit aswel

in my second season and my west ham team has played 14, won 3, drawn 3, lost 8.

and my squad is very good as well. i just don't get it. i use defensive when i'm underdog or similar odds when i'm away, use attacking when i'm favourite, or standard when i'm slight favourite away. i generally have majority possession, but other teams ALWAYS create more chances than me and punish me for it. i'm so frustrated. result wise, there's not even been a hint that i'm on the right track

Two late 2-1 wins against Wigan and Villareal with Liverpool and the attack formation, after a lot of 0-0s beforehand using my tactics. INtereting thing is that now Torres is scoring, and the ratings are generally above 7.0

One thing I have noticed is that the assis manager is saying my left backs (dossena and marcelo) are getting skinned by the right wingers (albeit carzola was one of them)

Not bad, just remember it can take a while for the tactics to gell, and if you are picking the wrong team talk, and not using oi's correctly on the opposition danger man as pin pointed by your scout then results could suffer.

Yeah im sticking with it till end of the season. And i use the team talk guide that was posted on here ages ago which usually does the trick. Ill report back at the end of the season though :thup:

Seems like a good tactic you got here mate..

Well first game beat crewe 4-0 with leeds. All in first half and just rested players i 2nd half, will give more feedback after a few more games!

Yeah im sticking with it till end of the season. And i use the team talk guide that was posted on here ages ago which usually does the trick. Ill report back at the end of the season though :thup:

Thanks, i predict you will be fairly successful.

I used this tactic for my remaining games to the season, with leeds as we were top but we started to let it slip a little. Won 10 games, drew 6 and lost 1. So didn't do too bad, although we didn't really hammer anyone and didn't play extremely well the results picked up in the last 6 games by picking up 5 wins. My one concern is my strikers weren't scoring as many as they had with other tactics but that too picked up a bit as it went on: Beckford only scored 4 in 12/13 games though.Heres my results using this tactic:

leeds_results896.jpg.xs.jpg

The real test will be next season will be the real test in championship and hopefully as they get more used to the tactic we will get better and better.

Hi Matt, i used this tactic with Inter but i found the winger Manici and Quresma Stamina drop down quite soon, also i found i cannt score from long shoot, as i use Combiaso and Viera in the middle. buttha game still can be won in one or two goals

by the way, can you please indicate who are the best players to fit your tactics, especially the two FC and two MC? thanks

mattbuck so far this tactic has worked well for me for Northampton Town:

Leicester Home 0-1 League

Cheltenham Away 2-1 League

Peterbrough Home 1-0 League

Cheltenham Away 2-2 won on penalties JPT

Scunthorpe Away 0-2 League

Colchester Home 1-1 League

I think this is a very good tactic considering bar Peterbrough they are all in the top half.

Is there anyway of getting the FCd a bit more involved because Akinfenwa is my star player quite fustrating that he doesnt score.

I think this is a very good tactic considering bar Peterbrough they are all in the top half.

Is there anyway of getting the FCd a bit more involved because Akinfenwa is my star player quite fustrating that he doesnt score.

Not really, he should still play well and contribute to the team though. You could always play him as the FCa and play someone else as the FCd, although imo Akinfenwa is made perfectly for the FCd role.

Hey matt.

I have read the thread, and the only question i have left, is wich one is the best? Version 1 or version 2?

Cheers

Its hard to say, imo V2, its tighter defensively i think.

My only problem is the FCd is always getting 5s and I have not seen him get a 7 ever - I'm still using V1 does V2 improve this in any way?

Try to lower his creative freedom in all tactics and or remove free role.

Currently joint top of the conference 11 points clear of everyone but York who are ahead on Goal difference. Havn't lost a point since using V2.

Stunning, simply STUNNING tactic set. Plays nice football, and works.

Glad its working well for me mate.

Matt, I will be downloading your tactics and giving them a try as there are a lot of positive vibes. One question for you (I have not seen the tactics yet and will not until I finish work) do you have the two forwards on marking duties? If so you may find it better to put them both on zonal and no tight or man marking duties so they find space - this should increase their goal scoring.

This is not working at all with my team. Last season I was in the mid-table but now when using these tactics I got relegated from the league. Maybe your tactics just doesn't fit my team?

26 matches, 3 won, 10 drawn and 13 losses in total.

Downloaded now. I'm a very inconsistant 11th with Newcastle at the moment, it could be worse, but I've come here after being one up against Spurs at half time, only to lose 4-1 at FT.

:)

Not expecting too many goals, I've only got Xisco and Denilson from Palemerias as strikers at the moment, after my new chairman Derek Llambias kept half the money from selling Martins and Owen for himself. I only had £4m to spend despite making about £13m selling them both... So this should help. Cheers.

EDIT: Just resigned. I'm clearly not tough enough despite being only 11th. Hadn't won since Owen and Martins left. Meh. :)

I've tested the tactics several times by reloading each game and have found that the control match strategy works best no matter what the odds are. it's just a matter of out scoring your opponents. The only issue is the amount of cards you get. standard/defensive/shut-up-shop rarely works for a bottom half table team because the defense just cannot withstand the pressure, leading to almost the double the amount of shot attempts by the opponents.

Nope doesn't work for me. Exactly what are you using as a formula to change your formations?

For example: United Vs Schalke;

Schalke = 2 shots 2 goals, United = 14 shots 8 on target = 1 goal.

This was away, slight favourites so I popped on Standard instead of attack. Needless to say I'm not amused with the same old cliche 2 shots 2 goal thing but whatever.

Just completed my 2nd season in the conference using the V1 of this excellent tactic set - my media prediction was 5th:

301dis4.png

My defence in particular was very tight.

For those just starting to use this set, I'd advise giving it some time for your players to adapt to it - it took around 1/2 of the 1st season before I started to see results, and now the 2nd season they walked the league.

I'm not sure wether I should switch to V2 for the new season, or wether I should stick to the V1 set which worked a treat.

Thanks Mat for a wonderful set of tactics!

I've had a look at these, but it all seems very complicated just to find a winning formula on a football game.

I'm currently Huddlesfield, I was 7th before using them, however was only there on luck, most of my games were 1-0!

Started using these tactics and I've dropped to 13th. Do they take a while to get use to? Also, how come I'm bein completely outplayed by everyone I'm playing? Most games I'll have about 6 shots, the opposition at least double that! And only about 35-45% possession..

No need to seem bitter, but my players are better than many of my oppositions!

My record using these tactics so far are won 2 draw 1 lost 4. My wins were both 1-0 without playing very well, and my losses include a 1-4 defeat at Tranmere (I played defensive as odds suggested) and a 0-3 loss at home to struggling Walsall (I tried both Standard and Attack during this game, but still got outplayed). Any help would be much appreciated..

Also, if teamtalks effect your results as much as tactics or player abilities FM needs to get shot of it, becaue that is very unrealistic IMO.

Do appreciate you putting these up for everyone though mate!

As Kasharic said you need to give new tactics a long time to gell, especially if your squad is still blending together, you have to be patient to achieve the rewards.

If you are having trouble away from home, try using defensive instead of standard or attack, counter attack will always work best away from home. Once this set are gelled in with your team, and you know what tactic to use and when, its possible to have an almost perfect season as you can see from the league tables posted in this thread. It does however take time and patience, something which most people don't have with FM these days as they look for their quick fix of a tactic that requires no thought or change from day 1.

A bare minimum of 15-20 games for the tactics to gell

Thanks for this Matt great tactic and i can finally get into a game. Im playing as Everton and had horendus(sp) injuries at the start of the season and came out with dignity:D ill post some of my scores later if i get a chance. I usually play the standard tactic away and attack at home but that might have to chance a wee bit cuz my away recor is great and my home reord is OK.

Thanks for this Matt great tactic and i can finally get into a game. Im playing as Everton and had horendus(sp) injuries at the start of the season and came out with dignity:D ill post some of my scores later if i get a chance. I usually play the standard tactic away and attack at home but that might have to chance a wee bit cuz my away recor is great and my home reord is OK.

I tend to tie odds and team talks together with the specific tactic im uisng. I expect Victory = Attack against a side i am clear favourites to beat, We can Win This as Attack against a team playing counter attack at home, unless they are playing 4-3-3, otherwise standard when slight favourites. Wish luck defensive home or away. This does change though, especially if i am getting out played early doors and they are creating lots of clear cut chances.

Some games, you just pick the wrong tactic/team talk and you lose. But once you use them more you realise which is the correct one to pick and you can go on some impressive winning streaks.

Its all trial and error.

Last season i got relegated from the championship using my tactics, but it was my fault for not having good enough players to play at championship level, and making frequent mistakes with tactic and team talk selection. This year i am close to winning league 1, and i won't make the same mistakes again when i hit the championship, i hope.

60378857zg8.jpg

w1280.png

Guys, i noticed a few small errors (nothing too major) in the tactics, which i have addressed and fixed.

Change list

Removed tight marking from certain formations on the FCd

Amended corner tactics slightly

Improved mentality of the shut up shop tactic

Please re-download V2 from the first post or below.

http://rapidshare.com/files/166951515/Matts_Tacs_V2.rar

Cheers :)

I decided to start my Huddlesfield game again. I made a fair amount of mistakes on the last one, such as not loading players from Ireland and Scotland, aswell as have attribute masking on, which isn't helpful for a lower league club!

Anyway after an indifferent start I was lower midtable, but the past 6 games I've really clicked, I'm now top 6 and the tactics away are working a treat. My last 6 results have been..

Millwall H won 1-0

Oldham H won 3-2

Crewe A won 4-1

(played brilliantly, using Standard 1st half 2-0, and then changed to Defensive for 2nd half)

Hartlepool A won 2-0

Leicester H won 1-0

MK Dons A drew 3-3

(I through away a 2-0 lead by sticking with Standard and not goin Def when they pushed forward)

As for not scoring goals as a few have mentioned. Matty Fryatt has 10 in 15, and Sabrin Sburlea has 7 in 12. I still miss alot of one and ones though!

But thanks Matt, you've put together what I never could! In my brain I wanted to play this way, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. You're a pro mate!

Why are the CPU dominating Possession/and or creating so many chances?

A common problem that is relatively easy to solve for the canny manager.

The cpu is using a play maker, chances are he is a Central midfielder occupying a defensive midfielders mentality within the match engine, or he is a true defensive midfielder sitting in front of the back four.

Failure to take action against this sort of player will seriously impact on performances of the players and results of the team.

If the opposition is playing a 4-4-2 formation, the left central midfielder is an attacking midfielder and the right central midfielder is the defensive/play maker type. Select your left central midfielder to man mark the oppositions right central midfielder, and use hard tackling (change to normal/easy if your player gets booked). Using this method you will reduce the effectiveness of the oppositions play maker, this will see you reduce chances created by the opposition, and will seriously help improve your results. I have only recently discovered this myself, but it can make a big difference. If at the start of the game you are unsure as to which central midfielder/defensive midfielder is the oppositions play maker, wait for 10 15 minutes of the game to pass, the player with the most passes/kep passes will normally fulfil this role.

If you are dominating/and or controlling the game then the above can be discarded, and the opposition is not playing a play maker.

If you are using the standard, defensive or shut up shop tactics then you do not need to worry about man marking the play maker, as these tactics already employ tight/man marking.

I have been surprised at how even lowly sides in league 1 seem to use a play maker.

Feedback from WWF or any other knowledgeable sources are appreciated.

Archived