Matt's TTF Set

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

using this tactic with Havant & Waterlooville played 4 won 4

away vs Hampton & Richmond using defensive won 1 nil was all over them no shots from them i had 10

away vs Dorchester using defensive won 3-2after goin

home to st Albans started with attacking was gettin beat 1 - nil and doin badly switched to standard and won 2 - 1

homw to Braintree using standard won 2-1

i like the tactic alot im usin the demo tho cause i was still caught between 2 minds about buying the game but im enjoying this game

Have to echo the words of others on here. A very good set.

I'm playing with Oxford, and my results so far have been W8 L2 and D3

This includes a very good second half comeback against Rushden where I was 2-0 down at half time and won 3-2. However both losses (away to torquay and home to York) were heavy, 4 and three nil respectivly. I'm currently joint 2nd at Christmas one point off the top.

My only critisism is that away from home I seem to struggle to score... especially the lead striker.

I have a very good (fand reasonably quick) player for this level in Stuart Fleetwood. I've tried reducing the closing down slider which seemed to pick up his orm, but as yet hasn't produced goals. Any ideas.

I am a fan of this tactic but i was wondering if either.

1. you could make the tactic with the MCa being a left footer (eg left of the two MC)

or

2. Recommend what changes I should make to achieve this.

I am afraid you will have to swap their settings round.

Yes but I am more worried about the shape of the team in all honesty should I switch the strikers around (both my strikers are right footed won't make much difference) or what?

Well, ideally its best to have a left footer on the left side, in reality this is not always possible. I play right footers in those positions, and whilst its not ideal, they still do well.

Well, ideally its best to have a left footer on the left side, in reality this is not always possible. I play right footers in those positions, and whilst its not ideal, they still do well.

Well it's fair to say its working for me must say thank you as my tactic before was ok that was the problem it was 1 tactic all 5 of these are very good might do a little tinkering with a couple find what works well when with my side (working along side your descriptions) and I must say it's getting the best out my side. Will be interesting once my other striker breaks his 500+ min goal drought (although still playing well) see what this can do.

Highly recommend these tactic if tis not working for anyone either you haven't got the players for it or you are using it wrong.

started with the Defensive one against bayern, didn't expect any kind of result, it being the first match using the tactic. suddenly 2-0 up, ball off the bar after that, so chances to 3-0.. then bayern came back in the game, and scored 2 goals, but I held out with the Shut up Stop tactic, so I got a point, beforehand i wouldve taken it.

I know its only one match, but this looks promising!

I used it this afternoon with my Barnsley save and not expecting much got myself a 3 points vs a strong Palace team 2-1 only reason they scored was because of a belter from 35yards out. I see this is an awesome adaption of a classic formation.

good set of tatics but my forwards seem to struggle a bit by the way im playing with man city any ideas on what to do also when im up two or three goals and go defensive they seem to score loads am i doing somthing wrong

If you are up by two or three goals going to defensive will just invite pressure. Look for my post further up for a guide of what tactic to use and when. If you are two or three up and want to sit back a bit, use standard, as defensive/Counter will just invite unnecessary pressure upon your side. To be honest though, if you are 3 goals up you are probably best just leaving things.

Used it for one game so far with spurs.

Beat feyenood 3-0 away then a close 1-1 draw with sunderland home i scored on 89 mins

Am i right in thinking that the striker on the left is the more defencive one?

I have arshavin in this role and balotelli or pavlichenko on the right

It seems if you choose that although all the tactics work. If you start the game with the wrong one you can really get thumped.

Also it dosn't solve the age old problem of dominating a game and still loosing!

Was all over Havent and Waterlooville in the cup, they had one free kick.

They won 1-0. Good old FM!

Joys of being a manager :)

When would you suggest changing tactics? Using the main match engine it's easy to spot when you need to step back or go forward more, but it just takes too damn long, even on the faster speed settings. It's taken me all day to progress through pre-season, August and September on a top-spec PC, and as much as I love FM I just can't dedicate that much time to it anymore (maturity bites).

So, how can I tell by the match statistics when I'm being over-run or the force is with me?

waiting for 2nd version of the tactic. Even though this tactic is great I got lots of draw and narrow win with Portsmouth. So when you going to release the 2nd version and hope you can add more flair & creativity so it will create more chances.

Don't worry i am not going to sell out, although i might post a tactic or two for high quality premiership sides if people want it. Attack and Control would probably be more than enough for those sides.

Matts TTF Set Version 2

Anyway i have been working on a version 2 of this tactic set. Its not been easy, as i think the first set were pretty good. I tried making changes, but results declined somewhat. I couldn't understand it, so instead of tweaking the others i started again from scratch. This new set follows the same pattern as the first set, but hopefully i have optimized them somewhat. I will leave the first set in the first post, as if the first set worked fine, then the second set may not. I would however advise to give them a try.

Just a few other things to note before i post them, and a few observations i have made along the way. (most people will already know this but what the hell.....)

Team talks - If you do the team talks, it is absolutely vital you pick the right one, failure to do so will see your team underachieve, no matter which formation you chose. I have tested this thoroughly over the past week. Had a home game, was clear favourites, picked Attack, tried the following team talks, Relax and Enjoy and Wish luck. First game lost, despite dominating, second game drew 0-0. Then tried We Can Win This and I Expect Victory, first game 0-0 at half time, second half team talk won me the game, second game used I Expect Victory and won 4-0. Even by using more conservative tactics like Defensive and Standard did not stop me from winning once the correct team talk was chosen, however when clear favourites its a no brainer if you sit back, Attack!

Never use the same team talk pre game more than twice in a row, otherwise it starts giving off negative effects, or more commonly no effects at all. Sometimes, you could be decent but not clear favourites in an away game, however you have used we can win this for your last two home games where you were also decent favourites, so use wish luck. If the same is repeated but you are at home, use for the fans which will have more effect in front of your own crowd and will ensure that your team don't hear the same thing from you every time.

Half time team talks seems to be the same, mix it up, and give individual talks (up to 4 no more). Use the same half time team talk no more than twice, unless there really is no other option. Use don't get careless for really young players in the first team as well, then just manually select pleased/encourage/disappointed for the other players. Also, say you are heavy underdogs but you are winning 1-0 at home/or away, the team are holding on, playing ok, ratings are only ok but a few players have over 7/have scored use delighted, and pleased for the rest. Really seems to help and makes decent sense. If you are winning against a good side, then you have to be pleased even if a forward only have a rating of 5.5.

Opposition Instructions should be used, but imo not excessively as it seems to affect the tactic set. IMO, the tactics are setup fairly solid, so really no OI's are needed, however if you want 100% efficiency then you should use them. First off, get a scout with a good rating in judging player ability, this is vital. Failure to have a good rating here will result in the scout informing you of the incorrect key player for the opposition. I have tested this when using two different scouts at my club, one with judging player ability of 18, and the other had 11. The 18 one almost always picked the right man for me to use selective OI's on, whilst the other scout got things wrong more often than not.

What to use with regard to OI's and when. Good question, still learning myself, heres my take on things and what i use for OI's on the key player depending on where he plays and what type of player he is.

CF - Show onto weaker foot (unless weaker foot is Very Strong/Strong) - If using Attack or Control Tackling Hard

Winger/Right/Left Midfield - Closing down always, Show Onto Weaker Foot (unless weaker foot is Fairly/Very Strong/Strong) - If using Standard/Attack/Control - Tackling Hard

Attacking Midfielder - Tight Marking, Show Onto Weaker Foot (unless weaker foot is Very Strong/Strong) - Move your CMd into the DMF position. Move to CMa into the CM position

Mid Playmaker - (operating as a central midfielder or a defensive midfielder) - Tight Marking, Show Onto Weaker Foot (unless weaker foot is Very Strong/Strong) Closing down always Tackling Hard. You can usually spot a midfield play maker as every thing will go through him, and he normally makes a lot of key passes.

Full Back - Show Onto Weaker Foot (unless weaker foot is /FairlyVery Strong/Strong) Closing Down Always, Tackling Hard unless using Defensive/Shut Up Shop.

All formations operate using a FCd and a FCa. FCd needs to be strong to hold up the ball, and if possible creative, as he has the most creative freedom and will play lots of through balls and take long shots. He also has Free Role ticked, Rickie Lambert for Bristol Rovers performs this role admirably for me. If you don't have a player like that, and yours is more of a emile heskey type player, take off free role, lower creative freedom, and if he has low creativity change through balls to mixed. FCa needs to be the quicker of the two forwards and ideally needs to be good at finishing, and have good composure.

All formations operate using a CMd and a CMa. The CMa ideally needs good off the ball movement, and good heading would be nice too for when he makes his forward runs into the box.

CMd ideally needs to be aggressive, good work rate, tackling and high anticipation. He will rarely venture forward, and will act more like a DM.

None of these tactics use a play maker or a target man. I feel using a target man can be a little one dimensional, and its possible to have players act like target men using the in game settings provided, but if they have a bad game then it doesn't ruin the setup of the team as the whole play is not focused through them.

A play maker could work with these tactics, but only if you have a player capable of it. Attack and Control would greatly benefit im sure with a play maker in either the CMd or CMa positions. For my side though, i don't have anyone capable of it, i have a tough, aggressive hard working midfielder, and a attacking midfielder with great off the ball movement, finishing and heading ability, but neither have great attributes in creativity/decisions/passing attributes.

What formation to use and when?

Clear favourite home or away - Attack

Slight favourite home - Attack/Standard

Slight favourite away - Standard

Evens - Standard/Defensive

Slight underdog home - Defensive/Standard

Slight underdog away - Defensive

Heavy Underdog - Defensive

Control is all out attack, and is probably only suitable against extremely defensive formations used by the cpu when it shuts up shop. It can be employed for the last 10 minutes when chasing a goal.

Shut up shop is the cure for the dreaded 4-2-4 formation, or to see out a late lead when the cpu goes all out attack at around 80 minutes.

If you are using defensive, and you have a very poor pass completion rate, lower the tempo a notch and see if that helps.

I have not done enough testing on these, i spent a week so far trying to perfect them but i just don't have enough time to test them thoroughly so ill throw them out to you guys. The more feedback the better. I think they are better than the first set, but i guess you guys will be the ultimate judge.

Cheers :)

Download Links V2

http://rapidshare.com/files/166951515/Matts_Tacs_V2.rar

Sweet... I'll give it a try. Same theori of when to use them etc?

Does this in your oppinion solve the lack of firepower from that attacking forward?

Yeah same as before, i added some other comments to the V2 post about what to use and when just in case you want a refresh, but as always i won't always be able to tell you what to use so its just a case of getting used to them.

No it does not solve that lack of firepower i am afraid, however i think this set is pretty dam solid. You can see from my post above how tight my defence is.

I am rotating my players as well, mainly the wingers, and my central defenders. I have two big center backs, one athletic center back, and one center back youth who is 17 but will become a good championship player and is already a decent player for league 1. He has 16 acceleration, 17 pace and 15 for agility and balance and 15 for marking. And he came through my youth system last year as well.

Whenever i face a fast striker i use the 17 year old, or if facing stronger but slower strikers i use my big center backs.

Sweet... I'll give it a try. Same theori of when to use them etc?

Does this in your oppinion solve the lack of firepower from that attacking forward?

Having trouble with the download, I use a Mac so this may be why. Any chance screen shots of team instructions for each formation could be added just to give me an idea. Thanks.

No, because team instructions are mainly generic, the only thing that changes is wdith, tempo, time wasting and defensive line. Every player has they're own individual instructions based on the given tactic, so too much to post i'm afraid.

What trouble are you having with the download? Did you extract the files correctly?

mattbuck.

look at this: my first match in Champions League at Santaigo Bernabeu

sbpm3.th.jpg

;) nice set

cheers

Hehehe, that's a good result. Out on interest which set and tactic were you using? Seeing as you were away from home i am guessing V2 Defensive?

The V2 set is working great for my Lincoln team in League 2. Great Work.
Matt,

Nice set of tactics, thank you. Would you mind telling me what Framework you used in setting up the tactics?

No idea mate, i have always had this theory of how i want my tactics to be setup and look. However i did read WWF fans thread back to front, and used bits of it that i found appplicable, and then used my own theory's in deciding my tactics.

I am excited by the potential of the V2 set.

Here is an update on how they are going for me so far. Dropped points have come from the picking of incorrect team talks/tactics based on match odds/knowledge of my players and the opposition ability.

14146497kb0.jpg

w1280.png

tried both versions with my west ham team. neither set are really impressing me that much. i'm sure that they are a perfect set of tactics for every one else, but for some reason i can't seem to get any consistency at all. i'm the worst manager in the world, and i'm on the verge of hating this game for it

i'll persevere for a little longer...

things not well for me using this tactic.im lazio. i'm clear favorite to win for both of my first two games. used att tactic.pre talk using expect a win. but somehow lost 3-1 to sampdoria. and the 1 goal i had was when i changed to standard tactic. i had 3 shots compared to them 15.i wonder what went wrong here. is it because the players morale are bad and have no faith in me as i am a new coach?and does training plays a part as well? i'm using tug and hell players keep getting injured.we have been losing on possessins as well as shot on goals.my friendly results have been ok.oh ya. i lost my cup tie to some low league team.0-2 at home and they dominated the game with me using att tactic.maybe i need a bit of help here to see what is wrong.

things not well for me using this tactic.im lazio. i'm clear favorite to win for both of my first two games. used att tactic.pre talk using expect a win. but somehow lost 3-1 to sampdoria. and the 1 goal i had was when i changed to standard tactic. i had 3 shots compared to them 15.i wonder what went wrong here. is it because the players morale are bad and have no faith in me as i am a new coach?and does training plays a part as well? i'm using tug and hell players keep getting injured.we have been losing on possessins as well as shot on goals.my friendly results have been ok.oh ya. i lost my cup tie to some low league team.0-2 at home and they dominated the game with me using att tactic.maybe i need a bit of help here to see what is wrong.

First of all, the squad normally need around 15 games for a tactic set to gell. Second, if your players morale is low, try to lay off i expect a win unless you really are clear favourites. When morale is low aim to encourage players, use we can win this, and encourage. Give the tactics a chance to bed in during pre-season.

In the games where you were dominated, were they using a play maker? Was he the player that your scout picked to watch carefully? Its always advisable to tight mark, close down and hard tackle a deep lying play maker otherwise the opposition will control the play and dominate possession. This is what i think could be happening. Go back and look at the opposition player stats, did a defensive midfielder or central midfielder have loads of passes, and key passes made?

Upload a pkm for me too watch, along with details of the scout report.

V1 set has been downloaded 667 times since upload on the 16th of November.

v2 set has been downloaded 140 times since upload on the 21st of November.

This is rapidshare downloads only, i am not able to monitor the downloads from sendspace.

Hey matt I am playing in my first season as Hull City. Obviously I am underdog for most of my games so play defensive or standard if am slight favourites. I seem to be doing well with possession my only problem is that my strikers just aren't scoring! I usually play Fedor Smolov as the big guy and King or Cousin as the other. Out of 10 games Smolov has 3 king has 1 and cousin 0! Have you got any tip please?

Hey matt I am playing in my first season as Hull City. Obviously I am underdog for most of my games so play defensive or standard if am slight favourites. I seem to be doing well with possession my only problem is that my strikers just aren't scoring! I usually play Fedor Smolov as the big guy and King or Cousin as the other. Out of 10 games Smolov has 3 king has 1 and cousin 0! Have you got any tip please?

Well try to lower their creative freedom in the defensive and standard tactics to normal, also untick free role for the defensive forward, as if the players have low creativity and flair, then them having creative freedom/and or free role is pointless as they won't be able to do anything.

If that doesn't work, although im sure it will, you could try using one or both of them as target men, for defensive pick run onto the ball, and for standard try to play to their feet. For run onto the ball they will need good off the ball movement and acceleration, and for play to feet a good first touch.

Archived