Is that the way to get the strikers' effectiveness back? The "MaRlboRo Regime"

No, you sadly don't see the new "Killah-Diablo-100%Victory!" Tactic in here. No, it's just me who got sick about the permanent 5's, 6's, and sometimes even 4's which my Strikers performed. Since I've nearless no clue what to do with tactics, and no matter which tactic I used, it just didn't do better for my strikers.

So I came up with an idea. Why not let them train shooting till their feeds begin to burn, and they finally find the net of the opponnent?

So this was the theory, and I ended up with this:

I couldn't set all important skills for every position at the highest level, or nearly at the highest. And since we all know how hard Strength training is, I only let them train strength in Pre-Season to gain fitness and in the season, they train their skills. As example (as mentioned before) Shooting at the most intensive level for Strikers, Attacking & Shooting for AMCs, Ball Control & Attacking for Wingers, and so on.

Let them train Pre-Season until 1 week before the first league match begins, and then, yes you're right, switch to the positional training. Before you ask, FS = Fast Striker and TM is for your heading monsters.

And now is the time for the handy-part:

6 games played into the season with relegation candidates Köln, Scored 17 (most in the league) and conceeded 9 (under average, but this is due to my defenders being crap, but you're here to bring your strikers back to glory, aren't you? ;))

It's only a test-period, but so far things looking very fine. My strikers ratings are like this:

http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=9baianojp7.png

http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10christophegirardetdw5.png

Not too bad for FM09, eh?

As this just is an expirement and needs further testing, I'd like to hear your feedback. I also will report my further progress in here, but now it's time to go to sleep for me.

Ah, I nearly forgot the most important thingie, the link to the schedules:

(Update, AMC schedule was missing, added now)

http://files.filefront.com/MaRlboRo+Regimerar/;12470696;/fileinfo.html

And now you're confused about the name? lol well, it just came up when it got to typing and I saw a cigarettecase on my desk. Freakin' me.

PS: The tactics I used were the set from Matt. I can strongly recommend them. But these schedules don't belong to these tactics, they're for every tactic you use. So feel free to bring the glory back to the strikers :)

Cheers and Good Night ;)

At least your strikers are scoring but still getting crap ratings, nice effort, have fun im bored with that game full of bugs not mention that we ll have to wait til january to have a patch (not even a single post to give ETA), ....pathetic

At least your strikers are scoring but still getting crap ratings, nice effort, have fun im bored with that game full of bugs not mention that we ll have to wait til january to have a patch (not even a single post to give ETA), ....pathetic

Crap Ratings???

Did you see the second screeny? That regen is amazing btw

Aye, I was thinking the same like you. Try it out, you may be satisfied.

Crap Ratings???

Did you see the second screeny? That regen is amazing btw

The crap ratings don't bother me, as they train shooting nonstop, they finally find the net. And that's all a striker has to do?!

It's funny, cause the regen had an an unprotected contract and i got him for free.

Gonna test this training later sounds good. Also what skin is that? Thanks.

Thanks mate, it's called "Rinakkain". You can get it at Susie.

Btw. my Striker Baiano has 18 shot attempts, 5 of them were goals. Girardet (the regen) 19 Shot Attempts, 10 Goals. So I think the training already earnt something :) Imagine what would be if my team would be Barca, Arsenal etc. and create endless chances. And both are leading the top scoring table in the league :)

Archived