Known issues and solutions - FAQ

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
is there any way i can download the 9.3.0 patch without the torrent as i tried to use bittorrent last night and it told me it would take over a day surely there is an easier way???????

did you leave it settle down as when using bittorrents they can fluctuate in the time required to wait for the download but if you dont want to use bittoorent they try http://rapidshare.de/files/45876435/FM2009_v9.3.0_Patch_Installer.exe as i get it from there and on my connection speed i can download it in about 5 minutes or less

did you leave it settle down as when using bittorrents they can fluctuate in the time required to wait for the download but if you dont want to use bittoorent they try http://rapidshare.de/files/45876435/FM2009_v9.3.0_Patch_Installer.exe as i get it from there and on my connection speed i can download it in about 5 minutes or less

ye i left it for 2 hours and it only managed 8% do u know ur connection speed as i was using a new t-mobile dongle i dont know if thats slower then normal internet around 20mb last night? sorry but im not very technical minded :confused:

ye i left it for 2 hours and it only managed 8% do u know ur connection speed as i was using a new t-mobile dongle i dont know if thats slower then normal internet around 20mb last night? sorry but im not very technical minded :confused:

My download speed is 20Mb thats why its so quick for me to download the file if you need to test your speed try www,speedtest.net i ddnt know using a wireless dongle w capable of speeds higher than 10Mbs

My download speed is 20Mb thats why its so quick for me to download the file if you need to test your speed try www,speedtest.net i ddnt know using a wireless dongle w capable of speeds higher than 10Mbs

ok thanks 4 the help

Hi there,

I have just been trying to get FM09 working on my Samsung NC10 via Steam, having successfully installed and played the game on my desktop months ago. I managed to install and activate the product just fine, but when I click on Launch, the sandtimer briefly appears but then nothing happens and the game doesn't load. I have noticed also that fm.exe remains in the processes that a running, and actually to end the process before I can try launching again. Still no luck. Any ideas? My laptop runs XP.

Thanks in advance.

Hi I'm controlling growing anger here so bear with me...

In November I bought FM 2009 and got a refund after getting severely infuriated by the activation issues. However, this morning I decided to rebuy 2009 due to 2008 boredom. However, I am still having problems. I own a Compaq Presario with no internet access so I had no alternative but to activate by phone. I complete the installation period and I get the message "Installation Complete!" I then click on the FM09 game icon to open it up and begin playing. Guess what? I get the "SoftAnchor" screen and it is asking me to begin the whole process again.

What do I do? This is infuriating, I have just finished GCSE's and would really like to be able to play the game that I've spent good money on. Please help. And SI, for god's sake, please, please, please, please,please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please,please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please please, please, please, please,please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please,please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please don't have activation in FM 2010!!!!!!!!

Many thanks for your help.

Messi

First i want to appologize for my English, hope you can understand anyway, im Swedish.

I have a huge problem, i have read the "knows problems thread" but nowere is there an answer of this, if there is somewhere, please link it to me. I have searched the webb and asked in the Swedish forums but no answers were to be found.

I have bought every single game in the series and i have never had problems until now.

Now to the problem:

A few days ago when i was launching the game i get the message "FM 09" is already running every single time, when is claery wasn`t. I then disaded to reinstall the game but now i dont get it to start, every time "Football manager 09 has stopped work and windows are searching for a solution" comes up.

I have tried everything, installed via steam and not, tried to installed my friends Cd but it doesnt work, my cd does work on his computer thoe!

I noticed that the FM icon isnt the usuall when you click on it, noe it is a "tools icon".

The installation says that the installation is finished but have some failes, read the Log. When i read the log its 1 minor fail in the :

com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer

Ytterligare information:FEL - class com.sigames.InstallAnywhere.WindowsGameExplorer NonfatalInstallException RegisterWithGameExplorer() failed: Failed to add game to Game Explorer

I have Vista. Someone, please!

Well, 30h later and still no reply, another day wasted trying to get this game running, i have searched on the SI Forum but no solution for my problem.

there is nothing wrong with my computer, bought it the same day FM was released, Bummer!

I have set Windows to a pevious point when FM was working, but now it doesnt. All other programs runs smoth as a newoiled engine, Estside Hochey manager and FIFA, but not FM.

I have tried to delete all the Cache and Documentsfiles. BUT IT STILL DONT WORK. same fail every single time i try to install. Its rubbsih! give me a tip of what to do, or else i will demand a full refund and boycott this game for all eternaty!

• Administrators

Could you send a copy of your dxdiag to neil.brock[at]sigames.com and I'll look into it for you?

You can get your dxdiag by doing the following:

You can find this by going to Start -> Run -> Type Dxdiag

Then click 'Save All Information' and you can save the information as a text file

Let me know, thanks.

Hi there,

I have just been trying to get FM09 working on my Samsung NC10 via Steam, having successfully installed and played the game on my desktop months ago. I managed to install and activate the product just fine, but when I click on Launch, the sandtimer briefly appears but then nothing happens and the game doesn't load. I have noticed also that fm.exe remains in the processes that a running, and actually to end the process before I can try launching again. Still no luck. Any ideas? My laptop runs XP.

Thanks in advance.

• Administrators
Well, 30h later and still no reply, another day wasted trying to get this game running, i have searched on the SI Forum but no solution for my problem.

there is nothing wrong with my computer, bought it the same day FM was released, Bummer!

I have set Windows to a pevious point when FM was working, but now it doesnt. All other programs runs smoth as a newoiled engine, Estside Hochey manager and FIFA, but not FM.

I have tried to delete all the Cache and Documentsfiles. BUT IT STILL DONT WORK. same fail every single time i try to install. Its rubbsih! give me a tip of what to do, or else i will demand a full refund and boycott this game for all eternaty!

Well as the disc works on your friends PC, there is clearly something wrong with your system that is causing this issue. Despite it not running from games explorer have you tried running the game direct from the exe? This can be done by going to C: Program Files - Sports Interactive - Football Manager 2009 - Fm2009.exe

If this doesn't work I would suggest completely uninstalling the game once again, then running it without the disc by downloading it from Steam and then activating the game:

You can download the game in Steam without using the disc using the game code you have from your purchased game.

Download Steam from here - http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Install Steam on your computer

Once installed, open up Steam

Go to My Games

Go to Activate a product on Steam

Enter your Activation Code found on the back of the manual. (Use http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ to see you got all the 0's and o's right)

Steam should now download your game.

Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

• Administrators

Okay, there is a way of doing this, if you can access a PC with internet access and have a USB stick or some other way of transferring files to your non-internet connected laptop:

Please download the fix here:

http://www.footballmanager.com/fixv3.zip this is v8.0 - we haven't changed the url as other posts are linking

To use the fix, please do the following:

1) Download the file to your desktop

2) Unzip the contents of the file - You must unzip ALL of the files... (ActivatorDLL.dll, FootballManager2009.jpg and RunMe.exe)

3) Click RunMe.exe

4) Enter your license key under the panel that reads "Step 1"

5) Press the "Save" button

6) Save the "Request.txt" file to your desktop

7) In Internet Explorer - go to http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorin...eactivate.aspx - You may also click the link under the panel that says "Step 2"

8) In the web page that you have opened, please use the "Browse" button to upload "Request.txt" to the server

9) Press "Upload" and upload the file to the server

10) The server will then ask you to save a file called "Response.txt"

11) Save this file to your desktop

12) Next, go back to the fix program. Under the panel that says "Step 3" press the "Load" button and then find Response.txt on your desktop, or wherever you saved it to in step 11, for Vista users the default is the ‘download’ folder in Users Documents, for XP users the default is typically the desktop.

13) Once you have loaded the file - the application will tell you if you have been successful.

14) If you are successful - Please start your game.

15) If you are not successful - please email us the error code at errors@uniloc.com and we will continue to try and help you.

If you can manage this your game should run, please let me know how you get on. Thanks.

Hi I'm controlling growing anger here so bear with me...

In November I bought FM 2009 and got a refund after getting severely infuriated by the activation issues. However, this morning I decided to rebuy 2009 due to 2008 boredom. However, I am still having problems. I own a Compaq Presario with no internet access so I had no alternative but to activate by phone. I complete the installation period and I get the message "Installation Complete!" I then click on the FM09 game icon to open it up and begin playing. Guess what? I get the "SoftAnchor" screen and it is asking me to begin the whole process again.

What do I do? This is infuriating, I have just finished GCSE's and would really like to be able to play the game that I've spent good money on. Please help. And SI, for god's sake, please, please, please, please,please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please,please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please please, please, please, please,please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please,please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please don't have activation in FM 2010!!!!!!!!

Many thanks for your help.

Messi

By some magic FM now seems to be working again, after a week of trying, i havent done anything of that you writed Neill, when i restart the computer today, it just worked. Happy as a kid! thanks for replying thou! I notice that it runs very slow but i dont know if i dare to reinstall it again now.

Greetings from a sunny sweden!

Does anyone have a solution for the whole changing view thing during matches. It gets sort of frustrating.

The view keeps on changing from the 2D (the one I prefer) to TV view 3D at different times. Most times before the match but it happens at halftime in full time every now and then too.

You are receiving an Error [-1003]

Fix: You are entering the key incorrectly please visit the following URL to correctly identify your key - http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

Error: You are receiving the Error ‘Product Key already Active’ message

Fix: You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game

2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation program and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

I HAVE DONE THIS 3 TIMES NOW, THE WHOLE PROCESS AND NOTHING IS WORKING!!!!

WHAT CAN I DO?????????

hello

played FM for a while now but once a while my pc crashes for random reason. It happened last night again but while i was playing a match.

Now this morning i get this message.

"not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of database_location.xml"

i think thats cuz i didnt quit the game properly as my pc crashed so now i can click on "Ok" then the game loads up but theres no saved games anymore, i have to start new one and not really up for that... ill have to do that if theres no other choise but i thought maybe someone could help me first.

Tnx

Hi, I don't know if anyone can help me. I am trying to play my saved games from my XP computer on my Vista laptop. I have FM09 and the 9.3.0 patch installed on both machines. but when I try to play the game, it freezes while loading. I have read somewhere that you can try to create the same name directory that my XP installation has, but Vista doesnt allow for the Documents and Settings directory. It uses Users instead. So anyway, I created the same username in the Users directory, and copied all Sports Interactive contents to it, but it still crashes. Even if I change the default directory in FM, it still crashes.

Can anyone help?

when i go to open my game i get a message saying E:\perforce_data\FM\dev\projects\games\fm\branches \fm2009\patch3\sios\generic\actions\render_action_ manager.ccp, 46 running action: 0x0551c058, class SIOS::INITIALISE_SIGFX

_SHADER_ACTION then my game wont open i have tryin uninstalling and still nothing can any1 help please?????????

I'm experiencing severe lag in menus. The selection highlight trails the cursor by half a second, the menus don't respond or do so with a delay. It doesn't happen all the time but quite often nonetheless.

Now my system specs (athlon 3000+, 2 gigs of ram) are nothing to write home about but I'd expect problems to occur during a match or while calculating things, not when simply browsing through the game.

Anyone else had this problem/knows a solution? I'd appreciate even a pointer in the right direction, keywords such as slowdown, lag or menu aren't exactly the greatest thing to feed the search function if one's looking for a specific answer.

Everytime I enter a game and hit play the view mode goes into tv mode, and I have to select for myself another screen (stats or 2D) 'cause I just don't like the 3D view...how can I un-default it?

Edit: my bad, solved it...forgot about the view match option :D

• Administrators

Have you edited your database at all, either with the pre-game editor or an in-game editor like FMM? Let me know, thanks.

hello

played FM for a while now but once a while my pc crashes for random reason. It happened last night again but while i was playing a match.

Now this morning i get this message.

"not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of database_location.xml"

i think thats cuz i didnt quit the game properly as my pc crashed so now i can click on "Ok" then the game loads up but theres no saved games anymore, i have to start new one and not really up for that... ill have to do that if theres no other choise but i thought maybe someone could help me first.

Tnx

• Administrators

Have you tried running the game in windowed mode via the game preferences? Please let me know, thanks.

Hi, I don't know if anyone can help me. I am trying to play my saved games from my XP computer on my Vista laptop. I have FM09 and the 9.3.0 patch installed on both machines. but when I try to play the game, it freezes while loading. I have read somewhere that you can try to create the same name directory that my XP installation has, but Vista doesnt allow for the Documents and Settings directory. It uses Users instead. So anyway, I created the same username in the Users directory, and copied all Sports Interactive contents to it, but it still crashes. Even if I change the default directory in FM, it still crashes.

Can anyone help?

• Administrators
Everytime i start a new game, after about a week i go to load the game and it says, Save game could not be loaded, so i have to start a knew game.

Any help?:(

Have you got the 9.3 patch installed?

• Administrators

Are you running any programs in the background? Also do you have the 9.3 patch installed? Let me know, thanks.

I'm experiencing severe lag in menus. The selection highlight trails the cursor by half a second, the menus don't respond or do so with a delay. It doesn't happen all the time but quite often nonetheless.

Now my system specs (athlon 3000+, 2 gigs of ram) are nothing to write home about but I'd expect problems to occur during a match or while calculating things, not when simply browsing through the game.

Anyone else had this problem/knows a solution? I'd appreciate even a pointer in the right direction, keywords such as slowdown, lag or menu aren't exactly the greatest thing to feed the search function if one's looking for a specific answer.

• Administrators

Well first of all you need to make sure you've downloaded the correct patch. If you are running FM via Steam it'll patch automatically, if it's via the disc you can download it via this link on rapidshare - http://rapidshare.de/files/45876435/FM2009_v9.3.0_Patch_Installer.exe

Once downloaded, you can run the .exe file and it'll find the game and all you'll have to do is click the 'update' button.

Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

• Administrators

Double click the .exe file that you've got, then a box will appear. In the bottom right-hand corner you'll see an 'update' button - click it. Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

Still not working.

Having problems downloading and updating.

Does it matter where you download it too, as in the file.

Because once on rapidshare it tells you to browse for a file to download it to. (does it matter which file?)

Then when i click on the .exe file it takes me back too the start of rapid share, no box appears.

Still not working.

Having problems downloading and updating.

Does it matter where you download it too, as in the file.

Because once on rapidshare it tells you to browse for a file to download it to. (does it matter which file?)

Then when i click on the .exe file it takes me back too the start of rapid share, no box appears.

you goto teh rapidshare site then wait for the countdown timer to get to Zero then a box appears with and arrow saying download,click on that box then select the destination folder you want to save it to normally C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Downloads then once its downloaded just goto the folder you have saved it to and double click the file and it should then bring up the FM updater program

Hi there, I have a problem with my fm game, whenever i click the shortcut on steam it says the game is unavailable please try again later. Similarly when I try to load up the game via a non steam application it says " This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Can someone helps me solve this problem. Thanks

• Administrators
Hi there, I have a problem with my fm game, whenever i click the shortcut on steam it says the game is unavailable please try again later. Similarly when I try to load up the game via a non steam application it says " This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Can someone helps me solve this problem. Thanks

You are receiving the error: ‘This application has failed to start because saAuditMD.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

Fix: Please download the file from here and place in the following folder: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

http://downloads.sigames.com/download/saAuditMD.zip

I have just tried what you suggested, when I extract the download with winrar I get a "WinRAR diagnostic message" with the following "http://downloads.sigames.com/download/saAuditMD.zip Cannot create saauditMD.zip access denied." What do you recommend I do now? Thanks for your quick reply I'd appreciate further suggestions.

The saaudit download has worked however when I attempt to start fm via steam it still says the game is unavailable. Then when I try to start it offline it says that essential data is missing. What do you advise I do now? Thanks

This is covered in the first post in this thread.

Fix: Please download the following update from the Microsoft Direct X SDK: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5493F76A-6D37-478D-BA17-28B1CCA4865A&displaylang=en

You should also check that you are running the latest graphics driver, you can do this by visiting the computer manufacturer website, or by visiting the graphics card manufacturing website.

what happens if i dont have internet connection? is there a way to download the whole file onto cd to transfer onto my other PC?

• Administrators

Yes I would suggest downloading said file and moving it onto disc. Whilst doing this I would also suggest doing the same for the 9.3 patch which I would very much recommend for the game. This can be downloaded via links found in this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=106355

ok, so i bought the game finally a few days ago and i have it installed properly as far as i can tell

i had a problem getting it to accept the key but the fix fixed that for me

the problem is that whenever i try to start up fm09, my computer turns off

at first i thought it was a power failure but it happens every time i try to start the game

i have updated all the drivers and my computer meets the system requirements

i have tried it without the patch and with the patch and it makes no difference

and i have looked everywhere for an answer but it seems like nobody else has this problem

well nobody apart from one guy who had a really old card

i only got mine last year though and it is well fit for fm09

so please, i am desperate now, can anyone help a fellow manager out?

Are you running any programs in the background? Also do you have the 9.3 patch installed? Let me know, thanks.

Nothing in the background bar the usual windows processes, not even potential resource hogs like AV software or firewall. And yes, I have the 9.3 patch.

I use a custom skin but the problem appears even with the default one. Sometimes the menus are completely fine, but I was unable to pinpoint when or why specifically.

In fact right now they are okay – which is a bit puzzling since I have got a ton of FF tabs open and I'm installing something so the resource usage is high.

Not the most useful of descriptions, I know. And considering it doesn't seem to be directly linked with memory/cpu load I don't really expect a magical solution. Unless it's a well known issue and someone has dealt with it in the past.

Hi, I'm new here.

After reading through the best part of 51 pages, I am still no better off in solving the MAJOR problem I am having with FM2009.

I installed the game last week (through steam).

It got to just before season kick-off but it was running extremely slowly. So I bought an additional 512mb DDR RAM. ( I only had 512 ddr ram prior ).

I started a new game as I made some changes in the data editor and downloaded a facepack and logo pack through FM Base.

Things were working fine until the first friendly game. I keep getting kicked out either during or after the first friendly (sometimes it gives me tillthe second friendly).

This is extremely frustrating as I have spent HOURS searching the internet trying to find a solution and no-one seems to have an answer although its obviously a common problem!

I have uninstalled (complete uninstall (except deleting registries as I have no idea how)) the game about 12 times!!

I have tried installing with steam, without steam, deleting everthing from the apps folder (settings, cache etc).

I have tried a new game with small medium and large base. Without Italian Serie c (aparantly a problem).

I have checked the RAM and that seems to be fine. I only get problems with FM2009.

I really have come to the end of my patience as I have wasted hours without success.

I could really do with some help and i need to know where to find the solution and how to carry out a solution.

I would appreciate a quick response as im about 10 mins away from carrying out GBH on my pc :mad:

my computer specs are

Pentium 4 3.0 GHZ

120GB hard disk 7200 rpm ( I have 54 GB FREE )

512MB DDR memory ( I have also fitted an extra 512mb so 1GB essentially ).

SIS 661FX graphics cip on board ( also recently updated that driver ).

Im not sure how to tell exactly but I seem to be running microsoft. NET framwork 3.5 SP1.

In my control panel (add/remove) there is the above and also microsoft. NET framwork 2.0 service pack 2 and 3.0 service pack 2.

I have XP home service pack 3.

If you can please help me and let me know what I need to do and how to do it.

Many Thanks

Aaron

Dear SI games,

i got the Error : [-821]

i followed your steps, and when i re-installed the game it still asked me to put in my key code, i did and i got the Error again, please help me, i really want to play this game....

NIEL

hi i have installed FM2009 and done the phone activation every thing went fine now when i try to run the game i get the following msg

fm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close?also i get the facegen msg

anybody help

please

thanks

Archived