How do you actually pick a team without the assistant manager making a mess up of things?

Right, so I’m pretty pissed off ATM. 2 goal lead in the 80th minute at home and then the assistant manager autosubs two key players off and brings on astutely average subs and we lose 3-2. How the **** do I stop the assistant manager from picking my subs? I want full control of the team, like really. Back in FM 2015 and FM 2016 I had the games, you can say I was very addicted, but never had the assistant or any of my staff make nonsensical decisions like now. Help, please? Thanks!

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

If you are in control of the team via the staff responsibilities screen, the AM cannot make subs, so check that out and ensure that you are in charge.

I have every single option as me in Overall and First Team, ones that include me of course (i.e not Update you on the players your scouts have found, Plan general training for U20 and U18 Squad(that gives me the option to take that responsibility but I’d rather give it to my Head of Youth Development), Bring youth players into the club and inform you of their development, in the Overall department, and Coach Report Advice, Handle Auto-Picking Team Selections and Player Search Advice, in the First Team department, so that’s probably not the issue. 

However, I think I may have got the trick done; next to Role Ability, you have two icons you can choose, that is Position(which I had before I posted this topic) and Personalised(which I have now). I played an experiment match, to cut a long story short, two of my players received knocks and didn’t come off and nobody came off in general. Can you explain to me, if my theory is correct, what’s the difference between Position and Personalised? Thanks!

Are you sure you don't have a match plan set? If you have it set to sub players at X time when Y result, then things like that happens. Remove all match plans to be sure that the assistant will never do anything inside a match, in addition to staff responsibilities, of course.

7 hours ago, AbzKa said:

However, I think I may have got the trick done; next to Role Ability, you have two icons you can choose, that is Position(which I had before I posted this topic) and Personalised(which I have now). I played an experiment match, to cut a long story short, two of my players received knocks and didn’t come off and nobody came off in general. Can you explain to me, if my theory is correct, what’s the difference between Position and Personalised? Thanks!

Position is a role set for anyone who plays in that position, personalised is the role for when a specific player plays that position.

For example, if you set your position instruction for your striker to be a target man, but you have Leo Messi, you could have a personalised role so he would be a False 9.

You'll notice when you swap in a player to a position, if you haven't set a personalised role for him, it will revert to position.

20 hours ago, XaW said:

Are you sure you don't have a match plan set? If you have it set to sub players at X time when Y result, then things like that happens. Remove all match plans to be sure that the assistant will never do anything inside a match, in addition to staff responsibilities, of course.

17 hours ago, MrPompey said:

I'd be 99% sure that you have a match plan in place else the Ass Man would not be able to make the subs

Thanks! I had a match plan, to go cautious if we were winning by 3+ goals, but I didn’t know the context behind what I thought was a simple idea brought into the game. The funny thing is that, even if I’m not winning by 3 goals the match plan does it anyway. 

18 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Position is a role set for anyone who plays in that position, personalised is the role for when a specific player plays that position.

For example, if you set your position instruction for your striker to be a target man, but you have Leo Messi, you could have a personalised role so he would be a False 9.

You'll notice when you swap in a player to a position, if you haven't set a personalised role for him, it will revert to position.

Ah I see, very interesting. I have to say S.I are doing a pretty good job to make it as realistic as possible.

Thanks to everybody who replied, have a great night. 

My understanding is that the Match Plans are there to be used when you are not 'physically' at the game. Either through a touchline ban or by holidaying through a period.

Have never used them myself.

15 hours ago, Snorks said:

My understanding is that the Match Plans are there to be used when you are not 'physically' at the game. Either through a touchline ban or by holidaying through a period.

Have never used them myself.

I used one in a previous FM19 save where I switched from, I think, balanced to attacking if we went behind and I'm sure that this was implemented when I was managing the match.

8 hours ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I used one in a previous FM19 save where I switched from, I think, balanced to attacking if we went behind and I'm sure that this was implemented when I was managing the match.

Yeah, they are implemented whenever, which is why I never used them. 

When you get the message asking you to select any first team players for a forthcoming youth team game go to the youth team screen and select the team that you want to play in your choice of position. The youth team manager will use your selection as his starting line up. If any of the selected players are injured or unavailable for any reason the youth team manager will any necessary adjustments.

On 17/04/2019 at 09:09, Hovis Dexter said:

When you get the message asking you to select any first team players for a forthcoming youth team game go to the youth team screen and select the team that you want to play in your choice of position. The youth team manager will use your selection as his starting line up. If any of the selected players are injured or unavailable for any reason the youth team manager will any necessary adjustments.

Thanks! The season ended and I just saw this message, I hope it works.

Archived