Newgen spawn ages

That would stop them from spawning younger in some countries but doesn't explain why they are so young in others?

My query relates specifically to Germany, I guess, and the logic of spawning newgens at 14, the youngest setting, when Germany is one of the only countries that won't allow you to play them until age 18.

The choice to spawn at 14 seems, therefore, illogical. Waiting up to 4 seasons to play newgens doesn't seem much fun. 

36 minutes ago, DaveAzzopardi said:

is it to do with wages? like when you sign a "youth contract" - unsure at which age a player starts earning money

That makes sense to me in terms of some countries being forced into spawning at older ages - as mentioned above, to comply with child labour laws.

I'm more wondering about the logic in starting so young, where there is nothing to prevent it. Particularly in countries, like Germany, which prevent them playing until 18, I wondered what the point was and why they were set to spawn so young 

I think it is to do with the local laws around contracts and child labour.

I believe in Germany you can sign a contract with the club at 14 but England when you are 16 (or the year in which you turn 16)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived