leadership course

16 hours ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

I'm in October 2019 (patch 19.2.0) and for the first time I'm seeing an option to send my players on a "leadership course". What exactly is this? I notice I can send everyone  of my players on this course, from senior to u18.

Ooo good spot. I'll look for that one later :)

14 hours ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

What are the cons of taking this course

if you send a player with bad personaity traits on it they can have too much influence in the dressing room and unsettle your squad

I've sent Joe Gomez and TAA numerous times and never got any benefit from it. Don't know if it's them, their age, or something else but I'll keep trying because they're destined to be my captain and vice captain, one way or another.

• 2 weeks later...

My questions on this...

Is there any other attribute or aspect of a player that changes besides their leadership? 

What is the average improvement a player makes on his leadership by doing a course?

Who should I be sending on this course? A newly appointed captain? Someone I see as a future leader? Every player? 

Can leadership still naturally improve enough in some players that they don't need to do the course? 

• 4 months later...

I Know I'm a bit late to the party with this, but I've found the club will always deny the request unless their base leadership stat is green to begin with, like you cant send anyone with like 4,5,6 leadership on the course as its essentially pointless. Also found the chances that they will gain anything from the course are slim at best and it takes 3 months to complete where they cant do any form of individual training. 

I would really only use it now on a player who's 23-26 who's already peaked technically and has about 12-13 leadership who you want to eventually take over the reigns of captain. that way the likelihood that it wont pay off anyway will have no real detriment  to the player.

Archived