Newly-promoted friendly EPL

9 hours ago, Xeewaj Q. said:

nightmare_fixtures.thumb.png.f52f756f077c8b45446d381d36d6f912.png

I'd look at that and right I now have a 34 game season, with 34 games you could theoretically still win the league:onmehead:well a 30 game season as am assuming the reverse fixture you have a very similar run.

Bit in all seriousness, I've had similar fixture lists like this and I would look at it as I always with a sequence like that if I can nick 4 points I'm happy anything more is a bonus.

2 minutes ago, toffee71 said:

Bit in all seriousness, I've had similar fixture lists like this and I would look at it as I always with a sequence like that if I can nick 4 points I'm happy anything more is a bonus.

My Fiorentina team's first three league fixtures in the current season (19/20) were against Lazio, Inter and Napoli - three of last season's top four (Juventus was the other team, obviously). I took 4 points from those fixtures, beating Lazio away before getting a home draw with Inter and narrowly losing at Napoli.

At least one PL team will get a tough run like this every year in real life. For instance, Cardiff had a spell earlier this season where 6 out of 7 successive league games were against sides that had finished in the top 7 last time out. If you're an underdog team in that situation, think of it as getting the big guns out of the way early and then concentrating on a survival push.

3 hours ago, CFuller said:

My Fiorentina team's first three league fixtures in the current season (19/20) were against Lazio, Inter and Napoli - three of last season's top four (Juventus was the other team, obviously). I took 4 points from those fixtures, beating Lazio away before getting a home draw with Inter and narrowly losing at Napoli.

At least one PL team will get a tough run like this every year in real life. For instance, Cardiff had a spell earlier this season where 6 out of 7 successive league games were against sides that had finished in the top 7 last time out. If you're an underdog team in that situation, think of it as getting the big guns out of the way early and then concentrating on a survival push.

I've just had home to chelsea, away to city, away liverpool, 1 very lucky point 88th min equaliser in the derby, was unbeaten and top goal scorers before this run 6th best defence, now 5th top goalscorer and 16th defence. ouch!

nothing beats having 4 points over your rival for the last Europe League place in gibraltar just to get the last 2 games against Europa FC and Lincoln :rolleyes:

just look if you got many "competitive" players and deselect the aggresive tackles

as for the schedule, look the bright side, you won't have to play against them later, you will have to play them 2 times in the season anyway, the orders is just doesn't alter the results...kinda

• 1 month later...
On 15/11/2018 at 13:14, Xeewaj Q. said:

A bit of moaning.

With a schedule like that for just promoted team:

nightmare_fixtures.thumb.png.f52f756f077c8b45446d381d36d6f912.png

They dare to do things like that:

fine.thumb.png.a9799b47aaa760c6698409fe3f406641.png

Three ways to look at this...

1. Bitch like a baby about how things aren't fair.
2. It's a hard start, it can only get easier.
3. Don't worry about it as you have to play every team twice, so it doesn't matter too much when you play them.

At the risk of invoking the old cliché... It's your tactics. 

I can get through entire seasons with a newly-promoted side without seeing that message. Hell, I can get through entire seasons without getting more than a dozen yellows in total if I choose to.

It makes the game harder, but this isn't the game or the league being unfair. You've chosen to field an aggressive side, and you've chosen players who clearly struggle under pressure. These are things you can fix. 

Archived