Realistic prices for players at lower clubs.

SixPointer

Am often finding I go to bid for players to be hit with ridiculous prices. For example I bid for a player in the Scottish premier at say Motherwell who aren’t flush and they hit me with a 20 million price for a player worth 600k. The reality of that situation is Motherwell at the very most could hold out for about 3 million due to the financial situation in Scottish football. Feel like this should sorted. 

We should also have more information on a teams finically situation when we go into negotiations as a agent does in real life.  

15 hours ago, saintrainhard said:

If they really dont want to sell, just ****ing rejected the bid at any cost. That will be more realistic

It used to be like that, but then people complained that they were having bids rejected. So now, instead of rejecting all bids, they counter with a huge fee, which is the same as saying "no way, pal".

Can't please everybody, I guess.

2 hours ago, SixPointer said:

I get why they do it. What am saying is it’s not realistic that they can. Motherwell are in no shape fit to knock back 3 million for a player. So why ask for 25. 

Aberdeen knocked back £7m for a young defender who'd only played about 10 games for them and who'd just suffered a fairly serious injury.

That happens in game and it would seem unrealistic.

It's definitely just a "scare you off" tactic as people moaned about flat out rejections as "everyone has a price". They'll likely negotiate to far lower the further into it you get.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen knocked back £7m for a young defender who'd only played about 10 games for them and who'd just suffered a fairly serious injury.

That happens in game and it would seem unrealistic.

It's definitely just a "scare you off" tactic as people moaned about flat out rejections as "everyone has a price". They'll likely negotiate to far lower the further into it you get.

Who McKenna who is Scotland international and played out his skin. It’s no about getting into the future. If Newcastle offered 4 million for any player at Motherwell they would simply have to accept in real life 

6 hours ago, SixPointer said:

I get why they do it. What am saying is it’s not realistic that they can. Motherwell are in no shape fit to knock back 3 million for a player. So why ask for 25. 

Did you offer £3m?- they asked for 25 to let you know that they dont want to sell, but you need to test their resolve by rebidding.

9 hours ago, SixPointer said:

Because they can, they need as much as they can get. Keep going back with a slightly increased offer, declare an interest unsettle player, probably be able to do business between 7-10m

6 hours ago, toffee71 said:

Because they can, they need as much as they can get. Keep going back with a slightly increased offer, declare an interest unsettle player, probably be able to do business between 7-10m

Am not debating how to negotiate guys I know how to get the business done. What am saying is the reality off it is the club in real life couldn’t afford to turn down a bid of 3 million for a player.

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived