Thoughts on playing the BETA versus full version?

Hello guys,

I have access to the BETA but haven't started playing yet. I usually play Arsenal. 

I was wondering what people's thoughts were on starting to play now and carrying over my save to the full version, or just wait until the game's release in 10 days. My reason behind asking the question is that I have read about players finding the game too easy at the moment (along with the usual complaints), and I didn't want my experience spoiled if this is indeed the case. I have bought the game every year since it's release and I've really been looking forward to this years iteration, and I want to enjoy it to the fullest. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Grant.

People who are finding the game too easy are generally those who have taken over at top teams. 

Also, people are more likely to brag about winning than vice versa. The game is as easy or as challenging as you want it to be. 

It's only really data updates than can affect a beta save morphing the full game. My beta save is usually my long-term save on FM 

I would wait for the full game plus some user made content in the first few release days to come out and then start. Nothing against playing around with the new stuff meanwhile so you are prepared to start then. Personally i was hyped, the the more info and the more purple came out the less i was anticipating it, had a short phase were i was hyped again, and now can totally wait for at least total release or even beyond maybe even around Christmas when the game totally has shown what i can be with all the effort of patches, user content etc put into it. I am enjoying FM 17 so much at the moment i wouldnt rule out waiting for 2020 even if the game doesnt convince me come then. But if you really intend to intensively get into this game come release i would suggest learning the first ins and outs of the new game in the BETA , try around , etc, then start your serious game when the full release is there. Starting a serious longterm game from a product still in Beta doesnt seem right to me and would always let me think back i started this whole thing from an unfinished product in the beginning.

If you or anyone start a save in south america wait for the final release because there is a bug in the brazilian transfer window that will be fixed only in the full release (the january foreign transfer window is completely missing)

Otherwise, I would start now

Il y a 23 heures, Dagenham_Dave a dit :

People who are finding the game too easy are generally those who have taken over at top teams. 

Also, people are more likely to brag about winning than vice versa. The game is as easy or as challenging as you want it to be. 

It's only really data updates than can affect a beta save morphing the full game. My beta save is usually my long-term save on FM 

I think it's a bit too easy though.

Taking over top clubs shouldn't mean winning everything

I mean, I may not want to buy FM to take a small club.

i understand that some try to exploit the game too, but as far as my experience, there's nothing I dislike more than Arsenal winning the champions league with his current squad, like...really?

29 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

I think it's a bit too easy though.

Taking over top clubs shouldn't mean winning everything

I mean, I may not want to buy FM to take a small club.

i understand that some try to exploit the game too, but as far as my experience, there's nothing I dislike more than Arsenal winning the champions league with his current squad, like...really?

There's any number of ways you can make the game harder if you take over a top club

• Give yourself a low rep, or for a real challenge, a Sunday League rep
  • Make your own tactic, don't download one or use one of the new presets
  • Get your DOF to do all the transfers, hiring and firing staff. etc

The game is as easy or as hard as you want it to be. 

10 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

There's any number of ways you can make the game harder if you take over a top club

• Give yourself a low rep, or for a real challenge, a Sunday League rep
  • Make your own tactic, don't download one or use one of the new presets
  • Get your DOF to do all the transfers, hiring and firing staff. etc

I started playing the game with my eyes closed to make it more difficult!

Otherwise i found it too easy...

Gutted I don't have the beta and have to wait another week or so, but if I did I'd be using it to thoroughly suss out the new training system and putting my temporary team through all the preset tactics to observe the differences. As a lower league manager, I'd be wanting to see how badly a National League North part-time outfit cope when set up to play tiki-taka and geggenpressing! Then, when the full-fat game is released I'd be ready to start again, seriously.

Archived