Tactical Guide for FM19

As the title says, are we going to have this year a tactical guide from FM experts on how to use the new tactical system, what attributes our players should have to be able to adapt in each tactic, how to use possession, transition etc?

I probably won’t as it’s the same as last year. Although the game gives you all this feedback now. The descriptions tell you what the settings do. The little visual is great for showing you how a specific style plays and what to expect.

The same for the attributes needed. The game already shows you what the player needs for the role he has. You also have pre set training schedules tailored for the different tactical styles which already works on schedules that aid the attributes you’d need.

This is probably the first year where people don’t need guides for this kind of stuff. It’s time for people to be more brave and experiment without the use of forum guides etc imo. It’s never been easier for the user :)

13 minutes ago, amonvongoeth said:

@Cleon if we play on gegenpress,do we need to do gegenpress playing style training all the time? or just a pre season thing? what is your general schedule about this?

Think like a real manager. What did Klopp do? When he arrived at Liverpool it took the players the best part of a season to get the hang of his tactic. Clearly it needs to be reinforced throughout the season.

3 hours ago, amonvongoeth said:

@Cleon if we play on gegenpress,do we need to do gegenpress playing style training all the time? or just a pre season thing? what is your general schedule about this?

If you select Gegenpress as a schedule and then look at what they chose, you realize it also trains certain attributes that you need for this style. 

On 23/10/2018 at 00:06, Cleon said:

I probably won’t as it’s the same as last year. Although the game gives you all this feedback now. The descriptions tell you what the settings do. The little visual is great for showing you how a specific style plays and what to expect.

The same for the attributes needed. The game already shows you what the player needs for the role he has. You also have pre set training schedules tailored for the different tactical styles which already works on schedules that aid the attributes you’d need.

This is probably the first year where people don’t need guides for this kind of stuff. It’s time for people to be more brave and experiment without the use of forum guides etc imo. It’s never been easier for the user :)

Wow!! Since I haven't played the game yet I didn't know that someting like that exists in this version!!Great news then but I also have to mention that your guides are very very helpful and useful!!

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 04:50, Alekos said:

As the title says, are we going to have this year a tactical guide from FM experts on how to use the new tactical system, what attributes our players should have to be able to adapt in each tactic, how to use possession, transition etc?

A training guide is coming, I've done a video version of it, and its the combined effort of a few people, inclg Cleon

As far as tactics go. Tbn there is very little to do apart from maybe talking about the LOE and the DL, and how they work together, even then that's not nearly as important as roles and duties. As far as attributes go, the basic attributes still apply and the game already tells you what attributes are important. Now, the game is event based, so while all the attributes are important, they take precedence at different stages of a transition, and I have already covered that in the 12 step guide. 

It's not like we need to all learn how to make a 442 again. Anyone who understands the basics of tactical creation will probably find this edition to be the easiest to play without resorting to tactics like Scramjet or Diablo. There are even presets for tactics married with preset schedules for training for those who think training is too difficult, when in reality its actually entire up to you. The same old truths apply from every edition... preseason get your players fit through physical-based training and get them familiar with tactics. Don't go too easy on them in training and make sure they work hard. Right now in the game, when a player's training intensity is too low, even the coaches come to you and tell you to raise it. 

Tactical feedback from the coaches has improved, the automatic assignment of roles and duties is fine. The basics have not changed. As always most of us will be here on the forums to help and guide. Having said that this forum has never been about spoon-feeding, if someone puts in the effort and then shares their challenges coherently then there are always going to be people here to help. So instead of asking for a tactical guide - I am fairly certain they will still pop out :-), someone is bound to do it - why don't you go out try it out, make mistakes. It's the best way to learn. Or follow Cleon's blog or my YouTube and Twitch channels. Find someone out there who actually takes the time to go into detail about how they play the game and then try and understand why they do it. I do try and help people when I am on Twitch too, to explain why I do what I do. In the last show I showed people how I used the LOE and DL to set up a trap.

On 22/10/2018 at 17:06, Cleon said:

True. It's a bit easier now as the FM Gods have opened up the closet and the candy now pops out.

I've been developing a tactic that Emulates De Zerbi's Sassuolo. Hopefully that works out in the actual season

2 hours ago, Rashidi said:

A training guide is coming, I've done a video version of it, and its the combined effort of a few people, inclg Cleon

As far as tactics go. Tbn there is very little to do apart from maybe talking about the LOE and the DL, and how they work together, even then that's not nearly as important as roles and duties. As far as attributes go, the basic attributes still apply and the game already tells you what attributes are important. Now, the game is event based, so while all the attributes are important, they take precedence at different stages of a transition, and I have already covered that in the 12 step guide. 

It's not like we need to all learn how to make a 442 again. Anyone who understands the basics of tactical creation will probably find this edition to be the easiest to play without resorting to tactics like Scramjet or Diablo. There are even presets for tactics married with preset schedules for training for those who think training is too difficult, when in reality its actually entire up to you. The same old truths apply from every edition... preseason get your players fit through physical-based training and get them familiar with tactics. Don't go too easy on them in training and make sure they work hard. Right now in the game, when a player's training intensity is too low, even the coaches come to you and tell you to raise it. 

Tactical feedback from the coaches has improved, the automatic assignment of roles and duties is fine. The basics have not changed. As always most of us will be here on the forums to help and guide. Having said that this forum has never been about spoon-feeding, if someone puts in the effort and then shares their challenges coherently then there are always going to be people here to help. So instead of asking for a tactical guide - I am fairly certain they will still pop out :-), someone is bound to do it - why don't you go out try it out, make mistakes. It's the best way to learn. Or follow Cleon's blog or my YouTube and Twitch channels. Find someone out there who actually takes the time to go into detail about how they play the game and then try and understand why they do it. I do try and help people when I am on Twitch too, to explain why I do what I do. In the last show I showed people how I used the LOE and DL to set up a trap.

Great to hear that a training guide is coming out but am afraid you misundesrtood my intensions..Of course I am not the guy that asks for spoon feeding but I always experiment with tactics..This is football manager of course..

The point of my topic asking about a tactical guide is not about giving me a win-win tactic but to analyze the depth of tactics like you and Cleon have done in previous versions of the game..As I have said in a previous post sometimes I feel that I do not have the full control and understanding of what is happening in a match and why..Then I search through your guides and try to find out why I am conceding (for example) goals from crosses or counter attacks etc and what shall I do to fix it etc etc..

Looking forward to your training guide then and thank you for your efforts in all those years!! :)  

30 minutes ago, Jean0987654321 said:

True. It's a bit easier now as the FM Gods have opened up the closet and the candy now pops out.

I've been developing a tactic that Emulates De Zerbi's Sassuolo. Hopefully that works out in the actual season

I hope you will open up a more detailed topic on this, showing your setup etc. ive been following Sassuolo quite closely for a couple of seasons now. 

Archived