Editing Media Sources + Journalists

Colorado

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The English Media pack v4.1 is now available!

-changed all unofficial club websites from websites to fanzines that publish at any time.

-added around 50 new unofficial club websites

-fixed all clashes between database entries and media pack entries, e.g. the Nottingham Evening Post in the database and Nottingham Evening Post in the file

-now includes 478 journalists.

-fixed some issues where journalist was writing for a "The" paper when data entry was for a "the" Paper

Let me know of any issues.

The English Media pack v4.1 is now available!

-changed all unofficial club websites from websites to fanzines that publish at any time.

-added around 50 new unofficial club websites

-fixed all clashes between database entries and media pack entries, e.g. the Nottingham Evening Post in the database and Nottingham Evening Post in the file

-now includes 478 journalists.

-fixed some issues where journalist was writing for a "The" paper when data entry was for a "the" Paper

Let me know of any issues.

Hey mate,

I'm getting a crash dump due to this file, only loading Australian League though with a small database but I would have thought the ddt would fix it. Not too worried.

Also, do you have any feedback on my Australian files above? I'm having issues with only getting 1-3 real journalists out of 5. Any suggestions since I have at least 1 from every source.

Cheers

Hey mate,

I'm getting a crash dump due to this file, only loading Australian League though with a small database but I would have thought the ddt would fix it. Not too worried.

Also, do you have any feedback on my Australian files above? I'm having issues with only getting 1-3 real journalists out of 5. Any suggestions since I have at least 1 from every source.

Cheers

The ddt file only includes English non-league sources - if you're not running the English leagues at all then a lot of the League 1 and 2 teams will not be in the db, and so the crash dumps will occur.

The next patch should fix this bug.

An update to Italian media is available on an Italian forum. I think that it will update here in next days.

An update will be available here when the new patch will be out, because many of the media /journalist are reporting /have between favorites lower league club ----> you must load all italian leagues or there will be a crash dump, and this issue should be fixed in next patch.

I have just loaded a new game with all leagues running and all of the Media Sources + Journalists to test which ones worked, so far after 2 crashes i cant get the Australian and Dutch ones working anybody got any ideas why?

Hey mate, definitely not sure. I have had no problems with it and you are definitely running the Australian league so it's not an issue of linked clubs not working.

How do you know it is the Australian file causing the crash?

You'll get crash dumps largely when the addon file is referring to something in the database which isn't there. Options:

1. Try using the ddtgenerator thingy to create a ddt file retaining all players from Australia and Holland,

2. Don't use the files

3. The creator could create a ddt file for the specific clubs

4. Wait for a few days or so for the next patch to come out - this will improve stability in this area no end. I think the patch is expected before Christmas, from what I've read on here.

I dont seem to have the the folder that is said to be needed to put the media files into. I only have sport interactive then the individual folders like db , skins , sounds etc. No update folder , do i have to create it or should it be there , i have patched my game as well.

Just looking through the English file... isn't Roddy Forsyth Scottish?

Edit: And Tim Vickery is English by birth, iirc.

Also, am aware some FMers (not me, though) here like playing in the S-League. Quick check to see if there's any interest in a Singaporean media file?

I dont seem to have the the folder that is said to be needed to put the media files into. I only have sport interactive then the individual folders like db , skins , sounds etc. No update folder , do i have to create it or should it be there , i have patched my game as well.

The update folder will be in your \SI\FM2009\data installation folder, not in My Docs\SI\FM2009

The ones from this thread.

Downloaded yours and I'm fully aware it's nothing to do with yourself (bar maybe the Sky Sports one?). I imagine the footballcentral one is from the Scottish pack and the calciopress is from the Italian pack. Any chance you could give the strings a look over and see what I need to correct please?

I have a suspicion that it's a bug that should apparently be fixed in 9.2.0.

The Scottish junior one certainly appears to be set correctly to me:

"MEDIA_SOURCE" "www.footballcentral.org/sfa/associations/scottish-junior-football-association" "MEDIA_SOURCE_SCOPE_COMPETITION" "" "" "" "" "" "" "5209094-Scottish Junior Leagues" "MEDIA_SOURCE_TYPE_WEBSITE" "MEDIA_SOURCE_PERIOD_ANYTIME" "" "MEDIA_SOURCE_STYLE_UNKNOWN"

If it had been me, I'd probably have abbreviated the address to footballcentral.org, or something similar, so it appeared tidier in game even if not 100% factually correct, but there's nothing wrong with how it's done there in the media addon file.

lol! I was gonna do that but that would be unrealistic ;) plus it would be so much easier if there was a section to change the websites to what they are known as (e.g. <Club Name's> Official Website>. Unfortunately I am unsure why that is turning up for a Non-League English side along with nonleaguepaper with is also a Scottish Junior's side

First of all, you don't use the data editor if that's what you mean. You do it through the media edit file which is in the data folder.

I downloaded the game from Steam but somehow I can`t figure out where the media editor file is located. Any suggestions ? :)

How can I make new injury sponsors and kit sponsors with EDT?

First time, I tried to do this like a code below.

"MEDIA_SOURCE" "Umbro" "MEDIA_SOURCE_SCOPE_CONTINENTAL" "" "" "" "" "3-Europe" "" "MEDIA_SOURCE_TYPE_KIT_SPONSOR" "" "" ""

"MEDIA_SOURCE" "Kyobo Life" "MEDIA_SOURCE_SCOPE_NATIONAL" "" "" "135-South Korea" "" "" "" "MEDIA_SOURCE_TYPE_INJURY_SPONSOR" "" "" ""

They seemed like to be ordinary Newspapers. They attended the interview(e.g. before a game) and pressed rumors.(I don't think sponsors behave like a newspaper or TV)

Is there a way to make this?

I don't think you can add those, these files are for media sources only, and a kit sponsor isn't a media source.

Umm. I think that those might work. Because Injury sponsors and Kit sponsors are made in the media section of the FM2009 editor.

Anyway, Thanks!

Umm. I think that those might work. Because Injury sponsors and Kit sponsors are made in the media section of the FM2009 editor.

Anyway, Thanks!

They're not mentioned in the instructions for setting up media sources though (found in the original 'add_my_media_sources/journalists' files.

They're not mentioned in the instructions for setting up media sources though (found in the original 'add_my_media_sources/journalists' files.

['add_my_media_sources/journalists' files]

:confused:What are those? Can I see them in my FM2009 folder?

I wonder what the instructions is. Is it distributed SI to the user? Or, they're in FM2009 folder.(Do I need a tool to see it?)

It's in the edt/ folder in your data/db/ folder, iirc.

:( Is the instruction about EDT in the FM2009 English version?

Mine is Korean version. It was distributed 9.1.0 patch applyed, so there was no EDT folder in data/db folder.

Is there anybody to help me? :D

Archived