Off Topic Thread

Terk

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

I’d just like to let everyone know that my wife and I got some great news today – my wife is three months pregnant and she just got the all-clear on her 13-week scan and CVS test, so providing everything goes okay (fingers crossed, touch wood, etc) I will be a father for the first time around June 15th 2006.

Cheers, Spav. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aye. Congrats. Trust me, the sleepless nights are worth it! I know.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

I’d just like to let everyone know that my wife and I got some great news today – my wife is three months pregnant and she just got the all-clear on her 13-week scan and CVS test, so providing everything goes okay (fingers crossed, touch wood, etc) I will be a father for the first time around June 15th 2006.

Well done, thats your part - the hard part - over icon_wink.gif

Hope you'll be calling the little baby FMS? icon_biggrin.gif

I've just gone out and bought FM 06 since it was reduced in price so I just wanted to know what people on here think regarding FM 05 vs FM 06 for international management.

My Faroe Islands/Panama story game is fairly slow burning at the moment so I've only played a few friendlies. Is FM 06 international management sufficiently better than FM 05 to warrant me starting the game again in 06? That would (I assume) mean that any chance of making the 2006 World Cup would go down the swanny, but then the Faroes were never going to qualify anyway icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by glamdring:

I've just gone out and bought FM 06 since it was reduced in price so I just wanted to know what people on here think regarding FM 05 vs FM 06 for international management.

My Faroe Islands/Panama story game is fairly slow burning at the moment so I've only played a few friendlies. Is FM 06 international management sufficiently better than FM 05 to warrant me starting the game again in 06? That would (I assume) mean that any chance of making the 2006 World Cup would go down the swanny, but then the Faroes were never going to qualify anyway icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Broadley similar from what I have worked out, apart from the obvious team talks addition. Some little things that make it a bit more easy for the Manager. Nothing major.

That's great news, hope it all goes ok icon14.gif

Thanks to everyone for their best wishes. icon14.gif

Congrats to flippers on his impending wedding as well; I wasn't aware of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you not been reading his story? He just got enagaged (or Ed Allen did anyway) icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BobBev:

Thanks to everyone for their best wishes. icon14.gif

Congrats to flippers on his impending wedding as well; I wasn't aware of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you not been reading his story? He just got enagaged (or Ed Allen did anyway) icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doh!! That's how false rumours start with misunderstandings like this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maollelujah:

I thought flip was married?

Congrads to the soon to be Father!

I think I might go out and buy World Wide Soccer Manager this weekend, I need to get my story going so I can snatch another award.

It is cold as bejesus here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me? Married! Nah mate, and even now they're just talking about in my story I'm afraid!

Anyway get that game installed and get typing - that'll soon warm you up icon_wink.gif

Ok, this is an emergency call to the Brits, Scots, Dutch and what have you.

Since the never versions of this game just aren't playable on my antique comp I decided to go back to CM3, but I don't seem to have it anymore icon_frown.gif

Does anyone know of an online store (apart from Ebay where I can get it for about 6 quid including shipping) that sells the last of the CM3 games? Think it was the 00/01 version. Or maybe it was 01/02? Can't remember, but the last version.

Or maybe someone has it and would be willing to part with it? icon_wink.gif

I got an account at PayPal, so it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Any views on the new Patch yet? I've only played the one match since installing it, so no views yet. Hopefully it solves the array access out of bounds error that left me forced to offer coaching contracts to young players :/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HD:

Any views on the new Patch yet? I've only played the one match since installing it, so no views yet. Hopefully it solves the array access out of bounds error that left me forced to offer coaching contracts to young players :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not had the time to download and play with it...

Been waiting for it ahead of the launch of a new story though, so it better be good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HD:

Being a returning writer is so passé. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed.

Hello, and Merry Christmas y'all btw icon_smile.gif

Happy Christmas to the lot of you lads and hopefully there are some nubile lasses amongst the beasts as well icon_biggrin.gif

We started celebrating Christmas at 6PM last night, which makes most people curse our extra days off from work and other boring daily chores icon_biggrin.gif

I've had a brilliant day icon_biggrin.gif

Liverpool win against the Toons

Plymouth win against Cardiff

Everton lose to Villa icon_biggrin.gif

And in FM2006 Cefn Druids are 2nd in the Welsh Premier League. Life just can't be any better icon_biggrin.gif (Well only if Chelski and ManUre start losing games, but that's another story icon_wink.gif)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flipsix3:

Not a bad day today, 2-0 away at Boro to give us two wins over them in a week icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Forgot to say, on the downside I've been suffering with a viral infection since last tuesday that makes for very restless nights. In 6 nights I'm estimating I've had a total of no more than 10 hours of sleep icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Leo30:

Sorry to hear you've been unwell flip. Hope your better soon so you can bring in the new year in style. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it's old age icon_razz.gif

I certainly think that new measures need to be discussed because the current ones, quite clearly, aren't working. I was tempted to give a straight ban to 'the don' but if either he or David Platt irritate me once more then they'll be banned quicker than you can shout twat icon_mad.gif

Archived