Off Topic Thread

Terk

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flipsix3:

As a Leicester resident, but not fan, I must admit I found it somewhat amusing flicking channels last night to keep updated and watching the game gradually turn around. Looks like it was a great cup tie, along with the; Boro, United, Liverpool, and Fulham games.

On a note closer to home, a nice easy cruise for the mighty Rovers of Ewood icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you're a Muxloe lad right? How come your Rovers or are you not a Leicester lad?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Okkas:

you're a Muxloe lad right? How come your Rovers or are you not a Leicester lad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Born in a maternity home in Muxloe, early years in Rushy Mead and Oadby, childhood proper in Glenfield, formative years in Groby, and have lived around the city centre area for the last ten years or so...

My Rovers passion is entirely down to Champ Man - never really got close enough to any side to consider myself a fan - been to plenty of games at Filbert Street in the past with friends/relatives but my immedaite family doesn't include any dedicated footie followers. Somehow ended up picking up on Blackburn when I first started with CM - this would be shorlty after their relegation from the Prem - and developed a great interest in them from there.

Would never go as far as to claim I was a dyed-in-the-wool supporter but they're the only team I've ever felt any genuine connection to and it's all down to SI! (of course, in the seventies, as a kid, I followed the Liverpool of Heighway and Co but that was just a glory-boy thing icon_wink.gif )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian of Nazareth:

liking the gary neville thread :D </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, had me giggling away at work this afternoon icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terk:

Of course, the funniest result of the day was still Clyde 2 - 1 Celtic </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet Gretna are a bit cheesed off, even though the draw took place after that result anyway...not that they need the cash, but an away trip to Clyde doesn't have quite the appeal of a trip to Celtic Park!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flipsix3:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Okkas:

you're a Muxloe lad right? How come your Rovers or are you not a Leicester lad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Born in a maternity home in Muxloe, early years in Rushy Mead and Oadby, childhood proper in Glenfield, formative years in Groby, and have lived around the city centre area for the last ten years or so...

My Rovers passion is entirely down to Champ Man - never really got close enough to any side to consider myself a fan - been to plenty of games at Filbert Street in the past with friends/relatives but my immedaite family doesn't include any dedicated footie followers. Somehow ended up picking up on Blackburn when I first started with CM - this would be shorlty after their relegation from the Prem - and developed a great interest in them from there.

Would never go as far as to claim I was a dyed-in-the-wool supporter but they're the only team I've ever felt any genuine connection to and it's all down to SI! (of course, in the seventies, as a kid, I followed the Liverpool of Heighway and Co but that was just a glory-boy thing icon_wink.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah I see. So you've been around a few Leicester places. I spent a bit of time up in Oadby. Do coahcing there. Most my Leicester time was spent around Narbro Rd, Brauny Gate sorta area though although my best mate lives in Muxloe.

I'm actually thinking of starting a new story sometime today or tomorrow... Although this is within 7 days of my "Footballing Deity" one, I plan on keeping them both going, especially since the Footballing Deity is a short story only.

Just figured I'd tell someone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by superwalli:

I have an idea, but I'm not sure if it counts as a FM story.

The idea is, that I'm not managing a club or nation, but watch the game develope as an unattached manager ingame, and a journalist in the story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In my opinion, that would count as a story. Of course, like any other it would have to contain sufficient detail in its posts for us to consider it so, rather than merely, "Chelsea won the Premiership" "Juventus won Serie A" etc. But, in principle, certainly a story icon_smile.gif

Well, ofcourse I was planning to write lots of articles, I'm not the don icon_cool.gif

I was thinking about focussing, but I can't think of what I should focus on. A particular club is an option, but it would limit my options, because I would like to keep the story going on this time. Maybe focussing on a league will be a good option, or does anyone has good suggestions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by attjen:

I'm actually thinking of starting a new story sometime today or tomorrow... Although this is within 7 days of my "Footballing Deity" one, I plan on keeping them both going, especially since the Footballing Deity is a short story only.

Just figured I'd tell someone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seve day rule applies to short stories as well, attjen.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by superwalli:

Well, ofcourse I was planning to write lots of articles, I'm not the don icon_cool.gif

I was thinking about focussing, but I can't think of what I should focus on. A particular club is an option, but it would limit my options, because I would like to keep the story going on this time. Maybe focussing on a league will be a good option, or does anyone has good suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you don't need to focus on just one club, or indeed just one league or nation. you might want to skim through European Soccer Weekly by BobBev. He, of course, did it from the magazine point of view, but that general kind of thing from the pen of a single journalist would be just as good.

Most my Leicester time was spent around Narbro Rd, Brauny Gate sorta area though although my best mate lives in Muxloe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well waddya know - I live on the corner of Fosse Road and Glenfield Road - was down Westleigh (off Narborough) before that. I can regularly be found in bars/eateries on Hinckley Road down towards Braunstone Gate

Small world icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HD:

Meant to mention, in case anyone cared, that I got engaged on 2nd January. Yay. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I got engaged Xmas Day pal...how romantic icon_wink.gif

Congrats to you too

Most my Leicester time was spent around Narbro Rd, Brauny Gate sorta area though although my best mate lives in Muxloe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well waddya know - I live on the corner of Fosse Road and Glenfield Road - was down Westleigh (off Narborough) before that. I can regularly be found in bars/eateries on Hinckley Road down towards Braunstone Gate

Small world icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't it just. That pub, Legends, that was a bit of a dive. We set up local team with them as supposed sponsors. Mighty Scrappy Legends icon_biggrin.gif

I like Brauny Gate. Looking Glass, O Bar etc

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HD:

Meant to mention, in case anyone cared, that I got engaged on 2nd January. Yay. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congrats HD and Okkas icon14.gif

Thought I'd drop by see how things are going. Haven't been round in a while moving house amongst other things has seen to that. Hope everyone had a good festive period.

Hey, congrats HD, hope she likes to read about imaginary football teams of course icon_wink.gif

Isn't it just. That pub, Legends, that was a bit of a dive. We set up local team with them as supposed sponsors. Mighty Scrappy Legends icon_biggrin.gif

I like Brauny Gate. Looking Glass, O Bar etc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can thank the recently ex-girlfriend for dragging me down there, mainly the Looking Glass, Banter (Talk as it was), The Common Room and Entropy - which is as near to a "local" as I have.

I was always more of a Globe/Pump & Tap/Sector 5 (or Oxygen depending on your era)/Lamplighters type - but Brauny Gate certainly grows on you once you <cough> grow up a bit icon_wink.gif

Congrats mate icon14.gif

Care to tell us a wee bit about the lady in question? icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

Congrats mate icon14.gif

Care to tell us a wee bit about the lady in question? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She's lovely. From Rothesay, 23, etc. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

Congrats mate icon14.gif

Care to tell us a wee bit about the lady in question? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She's clearly too good for him anyway. Think her names Betty.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

She's clearly too good for him anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The story of us FMSers icon_frown.gif

I now have no respect for the police.

A party we went to got closed down by the police and as we were walking out the door I said and I quote:

"Lets go, Hawaii 5-0 are here"

And a policewoman wanted to arrest me for it!

What would they charge me with? Being a wise-arse?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by -Xenon-:

I now have no respect for the police.

A party we went to got closed down by the police and as we were walking out the door I said and I quote:

"Lets go, Hawaii 5-0 are here"

And a policewoman wanted to arrest me for it!

What would they charge me with? Being a wise-arse? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

Archived