Off Topic Thread

Terk

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What happened to the old OT thread? I think it was about 20 pages or less last time I looked.

Just a little word to let you know I'm still alive, if barely. Hopefully I'll get a new cop in the summer that will actually run FM without a 10-15 minute delay after each game. Then I might finally be able to make a comeback.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Okkas:

I've just mailed you back pal but was wondering what your thoughts would be on me creating another D'Albnega stlye story for all.

has anyone tried it since I did it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I have and it won me an award icon_cool.gif

A few others tried and failed and most people agree your effort was the best. Would be cool to see you try it again icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terk:

As PM pointed out, we need a new one of these as well. Let's start out by pointing and laughing at Man Utd for their defeat tonight. Bagpuss is a Man Utd 'fan'. Let's point and laugh at Bagpuss icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is indeed the best possible start for the new OTT icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OMDave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Terk:

As PM pointed out, we need a new one of these as well. Let's start out by pointing and laughing at Man Utd for their defeat tonight. Bagpuss is a Man Utd 'fan'. Let's point and laugh at Bagpuss icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is indeed the best possible start for the new OTT icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I feel quite sorry for them, their charming and gracious manager, their quietly-spoken and well-adjusted captain and their vastly underpaid players. Now that they have been taken over by some double-glazing company will this affect what they do in the transfer window?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

Can't really laugh at the handicapped though icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since when has this forum ever been PC? icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, finally I am back!

My comeback story was cut short because of a couple of computer related problems. First my computer got ill and we decided it was time to get a new PC, I knew the one i wanted but didn't have enough money so i have saved up and it came last week and since then have been trying to sort out broadband on the new computer but finally it is all sorted. FM2005 is installed and the latest patch updating and a new story will be imminent

My first impression of FM2006 is that it's smoother than the previous ones. Some annoying data issues have been solved, and the overview pages are good.

Still reckon the interface from 01/02 is the best SI have ever made, and that the game is on the slow side, but at least this version looks playable. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

My first impression of FM2006 is that it's smoother than the previous ones. Some annoying data issues have been solved, and the overview pages are good.

Still reckon the interface from 01/02 is the best SI have ever made, and that the game is on the slow side, but at least this version looks playable. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So when can we expect a new story eh? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raptor:

Yes, we can. icon_smile.gif

And hopefully it'll be about Sunday's massacre of Frysians icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought that was a breed of cattle - are you planning on culling some cows then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

Oi,if there's any killing to be done, then it will be in my "Down Under With The FMS Gang" story. Two dead already and I can't say that the blood lust is over yet. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm the main killer in these parts, and don't you forget it icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peacemaker7:

I'm the main killer in these parts, and don't you forget it icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Move over old man, there's a new youngster in town. icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

I'm the main killer in these parts, and don't you forget it icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Move over old man, there's a new youngster in town. icon_cool.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I'm probably nearing four figures, if not actually passed that now, in the numbers of people I've killed in my stories. But good luck catching up icon_biggrin.gif

I'm very impressed with the new FM, much more playable than '05. Problem is after successfully getting Forest promoted back to the Championship the board promptly fired me before Christmas '06!! Can' get a new job so I think it might be new game time.

Thinking of venturing north of the border, NEVER done a Scottish game without being Celtic so as long as I don't get a rush of Catholic green blood I might hop over to Edinburgh!! icon_smile.gif

It's definitely more enjoyable, this version of FM.

What detail level and number of leagues do youse normally go for though? And what database size?

I've picked three leagues with full detail and large database, and it requires a lot of time to simulate other games.

It's definitely more enjoyable, this version of FM.

What detail level and number of leagues do youse normally go for though? And what database size?

I've picked three leagues with full detail and large database, and it requires a lot of time to simulate other games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

About 15 Leagues, none on Full Detail (The division you play in automatically is, however) across 7 nations.

What kind of PC specs are we talking about here then Stu? icon_smile.gif

By the way: a solution for the CMS archives is imminent. Watch this space. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AMD 1700XP, 768MB PC133 SDRAM - nothing special. I do use a small db (albeit with my own .edt file to load certain Non League Clubs), but the speed isn't an issue for me - it's pretty quick.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Okkas:

As I knew you guys will be here, Raptor and Displaced? Really want you guys in the Story Forum FC team, you guys up for it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on you lazy buggers, get in there angryfire.gif

Out with the old, in with the new. On a nice wee run with Ayr on 06, with a team comprised almost exclusively with u18 players loaned from the old firm. For whatever reason though I can't get anyone to discuss terms on a transfer, not even guys who go on to sign for Berwick for £45 a week after I offer them £220...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HD:

Out with the old, in with the new. On a nice wee run with Ayr on 06, with a team comprised almost exclusively with u18 players loaned from the old firm. For whatever reason though I can't get anyone to discuss terms on a transfer, not even guys who go on to sign for Berwick for £45 a week after I offer them £220... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like you should be creating as FFS SI sort out this ridiculous bug before I burn down your offices! thread in the GQ forum icon_wink.gif

I always preferred a huge slate of leagues with a Large database. Given that i'm usually doing other things while i'm playing, it works out pretty well, although i'm seriously rethinking the wisdom of playing the Uruguayan leagues.

Talking of huge selection of leagues...

Decided to try CM01/02 out on my laptop (for some reason has never worked on this tower)

8 nations, all leagues in them, and it's flying... can now play FM2005 and CM01/02 simultaneously icon_biggrin.gif

Archived