Good team for a youth challenge?

-TonyVain-

Hi all,

Looking to start a save with a team matching the below criteria...

• A good number of U21/youth prospects who can become first teamers in the future
  • Good youth setup (facilities, training, scouting)
  • Mid table or similar expectations (not challenging for top 3/4)
  • Stable finances are fine, not necessarily rich
  • Don't have to be in the top league of their nation, but ideally in one of the top leagues

I've been toying with Nantes, Atalanta, etc.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-TV-

2 hours ago, scwiffy said:

Auxerre, Velez, Envigado, Southampton, Espanyol, Valencia

I’ve been managing Auxerre for 4 years and the youth intakes have been amongst the best I’ve seen anywhere. Start in Ligue 2 however, don’t know if that will put the original poster off.

Could always try Toulouse, they generate some great players.

Standard Liege have excellent facilities for training and youth as well as extensive recruitment.  Schalke always churn them out too.  Just got the feted 'Golden Generation' youth intake at Lazio, first time ever managing them sooooo.....

Sochaux fit this description perfectly. Managed to get promotion in my 2nd season after losing in playoff final 1st season. Soo many great youth players, some you can call on right away and develope some need a bit more time. 1st year of intakes i had 6 players that had potential to go into my 1st team after a bit of developent, 3 of them have now been sold to Inter, Southampton and Marseille. 2nd year of intakes i had 6 players again with the potential to be first teamers. Really is a fun save and lot of great young talent that can get you far. May need to sell some of them to improve finances but you also have a good back up ready in the youth team. 

Archived