GK decreasing vision

Novem9

Just now, Novem9 said:

This is effect, I asked about cause of this

I answered your question exactly. There's no focus for Vision under a GK's role training, so that's one of the attributes that'll continue not to be focused on.

Just now, HUNT3R said:

I answered your question exactly. There's no focus for Vision under a GK's role training, so that's one of the attributes that'll continue not to be focused on.

I have no reason to try explain anything else, better I wait for developers

5 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

You have the answer. They are going to answer the same thing IF they see the thread.

OK, if you don't undertand difference between cause&effect, why they don't have focus? Manuel Neuer in age 31 has vision near 15, but in FM logic this parametr must beee near 3-5.

This obvious contradiction and system defect

Just now, Novem9 said:

OK, if you don't undertand difference between cause&effect, why they don't have focus? Manuel Neuer in age 31 has vision near 15, but in FM logic this parametr must beee near 3-5.

The CAUSE is a lack of Vision in the role training. The EFFECT is Vision declining.

I understand it all very well, even with English as a second language. Now, as I said, I've given you the answer.

This is something that needs looking at in the future.

Basically @Novem9, because Vision isn't one of the attributes that is focused on with either GK training schemes, it won't really increase at all, and if other attributes are going up and they're at their CA cap already, they'll start to lose non-trained attributes to keep them increasing elsewhere.

To a degree vision, creativity of old, is unlikely a key attribute for GKs other than perhaps the ability to see an opportunity for a quick throw out or punt downfield.

Any attribute will decline over time, look at injured players, if the player is not being trained in it. If you had a limited amount of time for GK training then I would suggest there are a large number of GK skills more important than vision. If your GK has a high vision attribute then I'd suggest its probably wasted. I expect there are number of attributes that would be declining whilst others may increase if they are being trained in them

I would reconsider you response to people who are trying to help you since you may find in the future that people wont bother. Its very unlikely you will get any Devs at this point looking at GD whilst they prepare FM2018. In fact most will eventually be in Bugs etc when FM2018 gets released

I thought it was just my keepers that declined in this attribute. When hovering over 'Vision' the tool-tip describes it as being able to see a potential opening. This is key for modern goalkeepers, especially to start quick counter-attacks. 

Then again, keepers in the match engine have no brain anyway so it's no big deal.

I recall that it is a bug present in FM16 as well. It was acknowledged by the devs, but it simply hasn't been corrected ever since. I can't remember the thread but you can look it up.

1 hour ago, rdbayly said:

Then again, keepers in the match engine have no brain anyway so it's no big deal.

Painfully true unfortunately, especially and specifically when they have the ball.

Edited by BMNJohn

• 3 years later...

I have been playing fm17 for a long time and haven't actually complained about it but when you see a young regen keeper with 12 vision from the ya I thought I might have a modern keeper in my hand but sigh. I mean how could SI decide that vison isn't required for gks when some in-game ones have phenomenal vision. I wonder if that's present in fm20 too as I haven't played long enough to observe.

On 17/09/2017 at 15:45, Novem9 said:

Because you're talking about a player's starting attribute value in the game, as opposed to the long-term effect of this not being trained.