"Patience is a key element of success"- Bill Gates- An FM17 career mode

Hairyflump

Image result for success patiece quotes

Hello everyone and welcome to my first FM17 career. In Europe there have been many a team to try and fall short. Attempt and fail. Try their best but their best is not enough.

This will be no more.

My aim in this career will be to bring success and hope to teams that have NEVER won a domestic title in Europe.

My career will begin in Italy and I will update you on my club, barren of trophies.

UP NEXT: manager and new club overview.

Any comments would be appreciated

13 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Quite like this as an opening post. 

Leaves me wanting more. :thup:

12 hours ago, BoxToBox said:

Interesting....

12 hours ago, ManUtd1 said:

Ooh...I like this idea. Nobodies to champions...

Thank you all for your responses. I may have been a bit unclear in my opening post, as I meant a club that has never won the TOP domestic title so that excludes the likes of all the top sides in Italy. This includes Juventus, AC Milan, Inter, Roma and more.

12 hours ago, oriole01 said:

I think I know which thread inspired this... *cough* Hakan *cough*

I have to admit my thread was inspired by the great @ManUtd1 who I'm sure will not mind me punching and twisting his idea.

Not in the slightest! As I've said before, no one has dibs on a save idea! And, as I've also said before, @smp20 came up with the basic idea for my save on the challenges section of the forum a few years ago. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I will now begin my career ad updates will come soon...

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 22:32, Nobby_McDonald said:

I'll be a little disappointed if you don't try to recreate The Miracle.

Would you mind me asking what is The Miracle.

Ok guys. The poll has been up for quite a while now and (despite the lack of votes) I have got a top two countries- Netherlands and Scotland- Both with a mightily grand total of a massive 2 (yes,2!!!!!) Votes each. Please respond to this thread with which country of the both you'd prefer me to manage in.

On 21/06/2017 at 18:44, Hairyflump said:

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I will now begin my career ad updates will come soon...

Would you mind me asking what is The Miracle.

The Miracle of Castel di Sangro. The story of the smallest team to ever reach Serie B.

Chapter 1: Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut

KFC Oosterzonen Oosterwijk

Oosterzonen.png

Yes, that is right. My career will begin in the lower leagues of Belgium at Oosterzonen, a club that plays in the amateur division and comes from Antwerp. They also have a proud history according to Wikipedia...

08a2e115e2e5fb2064f740e26fd0550b.png

Oh.

Thomas Clarkson, Fashion Guru, Arsene Wenger impersonator and football manager.

c3f811c18c0aab771edcc33a5e4ec671.png

Next: Club update.

cac4fd52ebab66380984e2c44fbcdac5.png

Who listens to the pathetic , pointless press anyway. We will hope to prove them wrong this season with our squad and achieve promotion. On the matter of promotion in the Belgian amateur division I believe, from what I've read, the top four teams qualify for a promotion playoff group where 50 percent of their previous points are carried over. There they play a home and away round robin and the top team gets promoted. Got it? Good!

e177d321704c819c71299a37f3f2e999.png

I picked up anyone who looked half decent, especially defenders as we are in low numbers of that particular position. If you wish to see any players particular stats, ask and you shall receive...

f7d4b43a4fcaf22322d3ebc3a498b6ac.png

After an atrocious first game in charge against the B team, w picked up pace in the remaining friendlies knocking off some lower league German sides. The cup came next  and as the board predicted a 5th round exit, I was ecstatic when we knocked out our league rivals FCV Dender who were the first real challenge we have played against so far. The league is next and will be I the next update and the remaining cup games will be intermingled amongst the league games.

Oh and the cup was also drawn.

fca73e34b8b127a23442f2af4855a54f.png

Predicted to finish 4th in the top tier. Uh-oh

953c7b6ec485cb687383b575b8749f19.png

We began the season so terrifically, which makes or sharp demise even more devastating. In our first 3 games we only conceded 1 goal and performed a brilliant comeback to defeat Dessel in the 90th minute. However cracks began to show in the game against Seraing where we dominated possession but failed to create any scoring chances. The same occurred in our cup game against Standard, a top tier team, where we had around 70 percent possession but only 0 clear cut chances. The last game was absolutely appalling- we were 4-0 down within the first 20. What rubs salt in the wounds further were the messages I received from players before the game.

6e133758a36e0ffd9a76c64bad048381.png

:seagull:

Despite this we lay 10th place In the table, above the relegation zone(s!)

c3d91d16628e18dd40e1144a217c9ab4.png

Any comments and advice would be truly appreciated- just don't ask to start the next game...

Those conversations with players should be easy. 

"You need patience, lads. It's like Bill Gates once said, "Patience is a - Hey come back here!"

Hope you'll crack open your career with a good start with Oosterzonen - also known as O-Zone!

10 minutes ago, Benjoe said:

Those conversations with players should be easy. 

"You need patience, lads. It's like Bill Gates once said, "Patience is a - Hey come back here!"

Hope you'll crack open your career with a good start with Oosterzonen - also known as O-Zone!

Haha, thanks for the reply Benjoe. The players just don't understand what I am trying to build here. Too bad they are to crap to play In it... However, my team have picked up form...

4b9e0bbfe45e7aad1f4507bc315cae71.png

Well, we improved. We started the month at home to the team we beat in the cup, FCV Dender, but unfortunately lost. The next two games we should have won after going ahead but failed to capitalise on our lead. Dehond also scored in our final two games which we won to take his monthly tally to a brilliant 5 in 5 games.61a779861c6e2bf9468606c6a4ecab5d.png

These 8 points cause us to move up 1 position to 9th in the league.

Before my next update here is a sneak peak. Guess the score?!

cc4cd558e89cbc266c035a5ab250de33.png

On 23/06/2017 at 00:24, ManUtd1 said:

Joe McGinniss' book about it is fantastic reading.

I know I read it twice. McGinniss let himself down a bit though by conveying himself as having more knowledge of football tactics than the coach who had many years experience.

fb6296d5d1ed42dfe90aef5f1ae1ee31.png

What is wrong with my players????!!! They simply cannot score or defend to save their lives. Only 3 goals scored in 4 games and an average of  3 goals conceded per game. The first two games were absolutely awful and I realised that our tactic was going nowhere so I decided to change it up a bit. However, after we gave away a lead twice to draw vs Hasselt I believed our form was improving only for our 'Spirits' to be dampened by 'Spirit'mont.

9b0e2d45ce12ed690ade0a6ac5941077.png

Amazingly we still lie outside of the relegation places!

Song that sums up this month

1 minute ago, Hairyflump said:

aeb9080c7e2a6b024b3548f953c744be.png
Sacked and replaced by your son? Harsh

Clearly his mother's genes must make him a better fit for the job than his father...

On 30/06/2017 at 19:36, Hairyflump said:

What is wrong with my players????!!! They simply cannot score or defend to save their lives. Only 3 goals scored in 4 games and an average of  3 goals conceded per game.

Welcome to my world.

Archived