Bournemouth Pitch Dimensions 107x88?

Hi

While playing away with Bournemouth, i realised there was something wrong with the view. I thought i have zoomed out. I checked the match camera. It was "main stand" as usual and ok. Then i checked the dimensions of Bournemouth Stadium and it was 107x88 m. Really?

I think Premier League standardised the pitch dimensions a few years ago as 105x68. In the game, all the teams except Bournemouth have 105x68, including me but how can Bournemouth have 107x88?

Standard Pitch Size is not official yet?

Edit: Not all of them but most of them let's say. Stamford Bridge 103x67 and Anfield 101x68. A few meters but 107x88? Come on.

It all depends and standard pitch dimensions aren't official. As long as you are within the parameters of the competition. Europa League and Champions Cup allow 115ydsx75yds and that is the size of Bournemouth's pitch, because that is the biggest allowed by dimensions of the Stadium.(I've played them)

Every Manager gets a change size of pitch email during preseason in FM.

I'm guessing 107x88 is the metric conversion.

Standard pitch dimensions for Premier League clubs have been in FM for 3 or 4 versions, sounds like a possible data issue with Bournemouth.

2 seasons in, Bournemouth are playing their home matches at Watford's pitch (in my current save), while waiting for the construction of their new (or updated) stadium to finish. It's going to be 105 x 68.

(# Watford? Are there really not any decently sized pitch closer to Bournemouth?)

Anyway, 105 x 68 (meters) is a standard that is agreed upon throughout UEFA, maybe even FIFA. I believe, but t's not a "hard" rule ... yet; exceptions to the rule are allowed for individual clubs - for various reasons. Exceptions to the rule are given by the "local" footballing governmental bodies, so the FA in the UK, for example. And if I have understood it correctly, it is easier to be allowed an exception if you're not going to play in any international competions, like the Europa League or the Champions League.

For older grounds  it may not be practical (or be very costly) to conform to the rule straight away, but I think that every new or updated ground throughout UEFA - or maybe even FIFA - are designed with 105 x 68 in mind now. And of course, as long as such a rule exists, even though it's not a hard rule yet, most clubs that easily can do it are using 105 x 68, sooner rather than later. As a newcomer to a league that is more or less standardised to the 105 x 68, Bournemouth would  probably be allowed a differently sized pitch for a while  - but not for ever. But 107 x 88 ... sounds a bit weird, I agree. That's almost a square pitch. Are you sure you're not confusing the max possible pitch size and the actual pitch size? Two different things, that. But even if you were, 88 meters of available width is ... much.

I'm sure that if you are really interrested, you could find some more info on it in UEFA's (or e.g. FA's) web pages somewhere.

There definitely is a set premier league pitch size now, not in the boundaries of X to Y like it used to be, but an actual fixed size they want all pitches to be. 

However, there can be dispensation granted to not follow this exactly. In some cases, its like Liverpool who could not physically accommodate the required pitch size (possibly changed with their new stand I haven't kept up to date on their pitch size) and other clubs like Stoke, who were granted dispensation despite having ample room initially. 

There is usually a premier league handbook each season which lists each team and their pitch size I think, I'm sure I recall in one season something like 6-8 teams didn't have the required pitch size. 

6 hours ago, thomit said:

2 seasons in, Bournemouth are playing their home matches at Watford's pitch (in my current save), while waiting for the construction of their new (or updated) stadium to finish. It's going to be 105 x 68.

(# Watford? Are there really not any decently sized pitch closer to Bournemouth?)

Anyway, 105 x 68 (meters) is a standard that is agreed upon throughout UEFA, maybe even FIFA. I believe, but t's not a "hard" rule ... yet; exceptions to the rule are allowed for individual clubs - for various reasons. Exceptions to the rule are given by the "local" footballing governmental bodies, so the FA in the UK, for example. And if I have understood it correctly, it is easier to be allowed an exception if you're not going to play in any international competions, like the Europa League or the Champions League.

For older grounds  it may not be practical (or be very costly) to conform to the rule straight away, but I think that every new or updated ground throughout UEFA - or maybe even FIFA - are designed with 105 x 68 in mind now. And of course, as long as such a rule exists, even though it's not a hard rule yet, most clubs that easily can do it are using 105 x 68, sooner rather than later. As a newcomer to a league that is more or less standardised to the 105 x 68, Bournemouth would  probably be allowed a differently sized pitch for a while  - but not for ever. But 107 x 88 ... sounds a bit weird, I agree. That's almost a square pitch. Are you sure you're not confusing the max possible pitch size and the actual pitch size? Two different things, that. But even if you were, 88 meters of available width is ... much.

I'm sure that if you are really interrested, you could find some more info on it in UEFA's (or e.g. FA's) web pages somewhere.

Southampton would be the closest stadium txo bournemouth, but as they are rivals, not a good idea.  I suppose they could use Fratton Park (Portsmouth) otherwise it woul be the London clubs of which Watfoed is one

Archived