Fine players after red card?

2 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

There should be an option in the news item you get about them being sent off, buttons should be in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. (If its not there and you are using a custom skin, switch to the default skin in case the buttons are missing in the skin).

could it be that I have "told" my assistant manager to manage it?

8 minutes ago, lemeuresnew said:

either that or right click, and on the list of options for the player discipline player will be under talk to player. shouldnt matter what skin you have then

When I right click, I can talk to the player about everything but discipline player ?

16 hours ago, Urg said:

Is he perhaps on loan at your club? I don't think you can fine loanees.

No, it was De Rossi. Im playing as As Roma. This is really strange, I cant seem to figure it out.

Edit: It seems as if the assistant manager is fining the players. How do I change this?

I dont think there is an option to let your AM fine the players. IIRC the only way to fine them is right after the game, you´ll get a new notification and you can choose to either warn them, fine them 1 weeks wages, fine them 2 weeks wages or do nothing at all.

Take a look next time your players get sent off :)

Depends if they have done it before and how serious the sending off was. For two yellow cards I issue a warning. For a serious straight red I fine a weeks wages. If they continue then the punishment gets worse.

If you dont take action then the morale of your team can suffer. You can get players moaning that you arent being strict enough. And the red cards will continue.

17 hours ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

Should you always fine a player for a sending off?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of doing it/not doing it?

Having returned to FM with 16, I was wondering about people's approach to the disciplinary  aspect; the whole warn and fine thing, and when it's optimal do each.

2 minutes ago, the mister said:

Having returned to FM with 16, I was wondering about people's approach to the disciplinary  aspect; the whole warn and fine thing, and when it's optimal do each.

I suggest that you look on player discipline exactly as you would expect to be treated in a workplace discipline system.  What would you expect the first time you made a mistake or had a poor day at work?  A 2 week wages fine?  No, at worst you would expect to get a verbal warning, then the discipline would increase after repeated offences.

Discipline should not be instigated for 1 poor game, but after a run of say 5 games with poor ratings.  A player's first sending off for 2 yellow cards should not be commented on. A second sending off for 2 yellows should get a warning.  A sending off for violent conduct should get a warning for the first one and a fine for any subsequent one.

It is all good and well to be hard on discipline, but you must also be fair and reasonable if you want to get the best out of the players.

7 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I suggest that you look on player discipline exactly as you would expect to be treated in a workplace discipline system.  What would you expect the first time you made a mistake or had a poor day at work?  A 2 week wages fine?  No, at worst you would expect to get a verbal warning, then the discipline would increase after repeated offences.

Discipline should not be instigated for 1 poor game, but after a run of say 5 games with poor ratings.  A player's first sending off for 2 yellow cards should not be commented on. A second sending off for 2 yellows should get a warning.  A sending off for violent conduct should get a warning for the first one and a fine for any subsequent one.

It is all good and well to be hard on discipline, but you must also be fair and reasonable if you want to get the best out of the players.

Perfectly reasonable.

I have to say, I'd have leaned towards being harder, in the game world. But, of course, your approach is much more realistic and less 'gamey'.

1 hour ago, FrazT said:

If we win, no punishment. If we lose, 2 weeks wages. Get your priorities sorted @FrazT:mad:

19 hours ago, oi_oi_ginger_roy said:

Should you always fine a player for a sending off?

What are the advantages/disadvantages of doing it/not doing it?

Every time is isolated & individual in FM as in players are not coded to understand a build up of cards over the season.

The general rule of thumb is:

2 yellows = warning

straight red = 1 week fine

violent red = 2 week fine

In terms of advantages/disadvantages it depends what the warning/fine is for.  For bad tackles I believe it has a random chance of reducing aggression and maybe hidden attributes such as dirtiness.  The disadvantage of not doing it is that other players can become annoyed (depending on their personality) with the way you are handling the squad - eg lack of discipline.

In terms of poor performance which is anything under a 6.4 you should pretty much always warn when you have the chance.  A player with a bad personality might get annoyed but the positive side is if he agrees with the warning then you get a boost to either/both work rate & determination.

Archived