Dybala vs icardi - Who's the Best!?

Mister Vitz

Hello again guys, This time I'm here to share with you my recent video! smile.gif

My comparison between Paulo Dybala and Mauro icardi!

Tell me your feedback! smile.gif

In your opinion who is the best???

How many goals did these 2 wonder players score on your saves???

For what type of football would you pick Dybala and for what type would you pick Icardi???

Please show me their stats on your saves smile.gif

I missed out on Dybala in my save because he went to Man Utd and im Liverpool. I got Icardi as usual though.

in 120 league games Icci has 138 goals. He broke and set the league records of goals twice 40 then 44... 2 seasons ago on my save he scored 63 goals in total, last season it was 55 but also 17 assists.

Icardi is the modern Crespo. Incredibly direct, great off the ball and good finisher, will lurk in or around the box all day and score goals. But that's his limitation - he'll seldom contribute in build up play.

Dybala meanwhile is more of a Totti/Del Piero type. He's your secondary striker that will being proficient in scoring goals, will drop deeper and facilitate your other striker (or Inside Forwards). That's not to say he can't play alone up front, but if you do, you'll want Inside Forwards cutting inside and scoring goals.

IMO you can't go wrong with either of them, but in FM Dybala performs just as well as Icardi in goalscoring whilst perhaps offering a little more elsewhere. 

If you're looking for a Poacher, an Advanced Forward - basically just a guy who stays forward and looks to score all day, Icardi is your man. If you're looking for a Complete Forward, a Deep Lying Forward or just a guy to accompany your Icardi and make him look better - take Dybala.

I think lukekarts has got it exactly. It's mostly down to personal preference, which for me is Dybala because I like more complete footballers (and he definitely does have generally higher attributes than Icardi). He's also scored 188 in 240 for Man City in my current save, whereas Icardi's never been in the Prem so I haven't been snakebitten by the latter as much as the former.

I bought Dybala for Dortmund. First season 33 goals and 18 assists in the league (plus a lot more in the other competitions), second season 37 goals and 22 assists and counting (nearing the end of the competition). He got the Ballon d'Or as well. Icardi is keeping the bench warm for me. Playing a 4-2-3-1 tactic with Dybala as a complete forward. I'm not letting this fellow go whatsoever he is just the best striker in the game

• 2 weeks later...

I love Dybala - bought him for Liverpool in season 3.  cost me 107m though!!

Well worth it though, I play him as an advanced forward with inside forwards either side of him.

I'm in January now and he has 45 goals and 20 assists so far!!  He is just a machine - can't wait to see his final tally for the season......

On my latest save Dybala carried Juve to CL CUP. Especially scoring through the latter stages, significantly effecting the result.

IRL I just checked Icardi's stats goal&assist wise he is great this season in Serie A.

Obviously Icardi is the most effective striker in Serie A this year but in game I'd say Dybala is the king of hard finals.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately,I have never EVER used both of them in my saves(as I tend to use New gens) But,I'll share my extended Knowledge about these two:

1.Paulo Dybala

Most Suited role:CF,F9,Raum,IF

Style of play:

Dybala dribbles through opponents to disrupt defence and brings others to play with link passing although When allowed the space he is eager to score.

2.Mauro Icardi

Most Suited role:AF,T-man,Poacher.

Style of play:

Icardi keeps seeking for channels to move in and tries to score shall the opportunity arise.He could also play simple passing game to bring others into the game.His physical superiority will also help him in a physical fuel with defenders.

My personal opinion:

In a sense for a goalscoring machine,Icardi would be a better choice since he got more a natural instinct to score goals + the determination to seek channels to move in

But if your team plays tiki taka or you need someone to be a playmaker in the final third,Dybala would be a better choice.And the AM versatility will save you big times.

Archived