Alex Teixeira contract expired but cannot approach?

Hi all,

Sorry did a search but couldn't find if it's been asked before.

So Alex Teixeira is still at his Chinese club, but his contract has now gone past it's expiry date - I've been watching it as I'm keen to try and sign him.  However there is no otpion 'approach to sign' (and hasn't been for 6 months before the end date).

So his profile says he is still at the club, states his wages but the contract date is missing.

Must be a bug?

Why do people keep saying it could be brexit? If a player at a top clubs contract runs out, I'm 99.9% sure they he will leave and not stay on a month to month contract. There doesn't seem to be any official response from SI. And no one really knows why it's happening. 

1 hour ago, bucket said:

Why do people keep saying it could be brexit? If a player at a top clubs contract runs out, I'm 99.9% sure they he will leave and not stay on a month to month contract. There doesn't seem to be any official response from SI. And no one really knows why it's happening. 

Because it's EU legislation therefore UK clubs can't take advantage of it once they leave the EU (dependent on how hard the Brexit was). China will also presumably have their own rules regarding contracts and I'd imagine this is also having an affect

Just to clarify:

- This is AFTER the expiration date, i.e now there is NO date showing.

- Super League and League One transfer window opened on 1 January 2016 and closed on 26 February 2016.  - I'm in Jan so their Window is open.  

- I'm don't recall any Brexit happening yet in this save, I've certainly not had any issue signing players from abroad.

IMO this is a bug.

Can the others clarify if when you've seen this where you were manager, and where those players were playing?  I'm playing as Leeds in the Premier league. 

7 hours ago, rafaelbenitez said:

If you're an English club, fairly certain you can't approach these players until there's a month left.

Yh im newcastle in 2022 with a soft brexit happening but am still unable to offer contracts even when they are on a week to week contract pretty sure its a bug imo

• SI Staff
53 minutes ago, bartrix said:

IMO not a bug. I don't think the Bosman ruling applies to China. 

The bosman rule does not apply to players based in China. Players based in China who are coming to the expiry of their contract cannot be 'Approached To Sign'. Once a player at a Chinese club has seen their contract expire and the players club wish to keep the player then a transfer offer will need to be made in order to sign the player. 

Cheers,

Ben

2 hours ago, Ben Kenney said:

The bosman rule does not apply to players based in China. Players based in China who are coming to the expiry of their contract cannot be 'Approached To Sign'. Once a player at a Chinese club has seen their contract expire and the players club wish to keep the player then a transfer offer will need to be made in order to sign the player. 

Cheers,

Ben

Im managing in england and have the same issue can you explain why 

• Administrators

In England if you're trying to sign players based in England on a Bosman you have to wait until the final month of their contract.

As a German team, you can only sign players from England on a Bosman if England is still part of the EU. If they have left the EU, the players are not available on Bosman's. 

In my case i waited until the players where in the last month of there contracts but was still unable to offer a contract without making a bid i had a soft brexit so that should make no difference im taking it that this is a bug then 

14 minutes ago, natyd said:

In my case i waited until the players where in the last month of there contracts but was still unable to offer a contract without making a bid i had a soft brexit so that should make no difference im taking it that this is a bug then 

This for me too. Wasn't just from England I was trying to sign neither. 

Archived