FM16 100% stadium sellouts yet 'fanbase not big enough' for new stadium

I cannot get a new stadium built. I sell out my stadium of 12,500 in the premiership 100% every game for years. I have been in the prem a long time also have been in the champions league aswell as the europa. 

The reason given is always 'fanbase not big enough to be worthwhile, dont see signs of it growing anytime soon'.

So am I stuck like this forever? It doesn't make any sense because the stadium for years is always a 100% sellout every time no fail.

What town are you based in? It coudl be that there simply be that the local population is not large enough to justify builing a larger stadium.

8 minutes ago, Barside said:

What town are you based in? It coudl be that there simply be that the local population is not large enough to justify builing a larger stadium.

The game says London. It's Barnet FC, the london borough of... 

My guess is as as there are a lot of big clubs in London with established an established fanbase the board are unconvinced that you could attract more fans, could also be a sign that the current board lack ambition & are happy to carry on without the large investment of a new stadium.

Doh the game says Harrow now in fm16 :-(. How can I remedy this sigh I don't want to move clubs? Im gonna try and fill the bank or something. Bah, I would be better off running the club into debt, being bailed out then an investor comes in that builds a stadium. I sell out 100% every season every single game surely some sort of bigger stadium could be filled with that.

It's all part of the challenge, if every save resulted in the same behaviour of win, get more fans, win, get bigger ground, win, repeat then I'd find the game to be dull.

Just be as successful  yas you can be & if the club never match your own ambitions then as FM is an attempt at simulating real life your options are to accept it's not your club or leave to further your own career.

How much money do you have in the bank? In my limited experience of getting new stadiums (I've had three ever, I think) I got a new stadium from reluctant boards only when we had enough money to pay for it outright, so we didn't have to take on any debt.

There is a setting in the db for the maximum possible attendance. IIRC it means that this is a threshold which can never be exceeded.

This figure usually leaves some room for development, but if that figure is not a lot higher than your current capacity, then it may indeed not be worthwhile to build a new stadium. Logically, that would only make sense if the additional income from extra spectators covers the entire costs for building the new stadium. Because to keep your current income level you don't have to spend a penny.

hth :)

Max attendance only applies to the current stadium & club rep, once a save is running the value can & does change based on the rep & performance growth of the club.

How many years since the previous stadium was built? There was a minimum 20 years wait between each new stadium but from FM14 I think that was extended to 25 years.

I got the same message for years with Forest Green Rovers and our 12.500 stadium. Not enough fanbase.. but on the 1st of January, 25 years after The New Lawn was built, they agreed to build a 67k stadium (the day before the fanbase wasn't big enough).

1 hour ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Would be lovely if SI altered the text of the board rejection to reflect the actual reason.

That's one of the biggest justifiable complaints about FM -- all too many of the messages to the user don't clearly reflect the mechanics at work. Why not be more specific about why something is or isn't happening?

2 hours ago, Barside said:

I alwasy forgot abut that bit of code & as Barnet moved into their current home in 2013 it is the more likely cauise of this.

Do you think it'd be worth a feature request to allow a data field to disable that for these kind of cases? Considering that Barnet moved under duress and are actively looking at moving grounds again in real life it makes precious little sense in this scenario.

i'd say so, as Bigpapa42 has mentioned one to have the board give the real reason (if proven to be the 20 year rule) would be a straightforward inclusion. 

Also when stadiums with like 400 seats get expanded to, let's say 50.000 they don't expand graphically (visually in the ME), it happened numerous times during testing and custom saves.

So you get like +5000 people on a 400 ppl stadium.

Archived