False 9

Hazzastalavista

It's not conventional but stick with me !

I managed to sign Coutinho from Liverpool in the first window and i am playing Kane alongside Coutinho (in the F9) position and so far they are tearing up the league ( Coutinho has 10 assists in 12 games ) 

He doesnt show up as good there but i am training him and perhaps it is just my tactics suit him but he is doing superb with his through balls to kane constantly.

6 hours ago, Hazzastalavista said:

Thanks for your suggestions everybody. Signed Gabbiadini, but he isn't quite up to scratch for me. Will definitely look at Coutinho and retrain him. Sold Lamela, Son and Sissoko so have alot of money to play with. How much did you pay for Coutinho?

Tried o sign Tevez but he wouldn't come to me.

I'm not at FM just now but i think it was 40m with around another 10-15 in add-ons. He has been superb !

On 11/18/2016 at 19:50, Hazzastalavista said:

Looking for a decent false 9 to play alongside Kane. Was thinking of retraining Lamela for that role, but want a first teamer from the start. Have 50m to spend first season with Spurs. Thinking Lacazzete?

Playing a 5-1-1-1-2 formation with the F9 to be a vital role in my team. Thanks in advance!

Lautaro Martinez, signed for 8 million and a year later is worth 25 million after scoring 19 in 38(including sub appearances) for my Palace side. He can be trained to do anything you want in terms of PPMs and as well as being a fully rounded striker he has 20 for determination, making him a frightening cross between Tevez and Higuain and is not even 21 yet

A very cheap option to playa as a F9 is Alberto Bueno as he has all right attributes and his PPMs fit the F9 role like a glove but I think he starts off on loan and he is 28 so a bit on the old side. I did have him watched in my second season and the scout I sent seems to think you can get for between 800k and 1.5 million, which is not too bad for a back up player of 29( in 2018)

On 11/25/2016 at 07:56, Hazzastalavista said:

Georgey, that was an awesome shout with Coutinho. So far these are his stats.

Played 9 (2)
Goals 5
Assists 6

AVG rating not so high with 7.36 but in general, very happy with that signing. Once he is very familiar in the F9 role......scary thought!!!

Thanks mate ! Glad i could help , it may not show on the training screen etc but he just fits that role in FM so perfectly !

Enjoy him!

I messed around with one season of a Man Utd. save. I won everything there was to win and Memphis scored 35 goals and 14 assists as a False 9. I'd say 20 of those were absolute belters, with him thriving off of the little layoffs the other 2 strikers would give him. Never tried to buy him but I imagine you'd get him for far less than 50 mill

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Houssem Aouar can do a solid shift in that position - all the key attributes and the ability to be retrained. Maolida and Gouiri from Lyon can also do it as can Geubbels, although his passing is weak on my current save so you'd have to train that (he's natural as CF at 18).

I ported Guido's first FM18 tactic from strikerless.com to include three false nines which was magical - scored and conceded tons. You got some really nice movement as the false nine's general behaviour - dropping deep then driving forward with / without the ball - tripled led to lots of back post goals. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, DownTheFrank said:

Get a good young DLP, teach him to come deep to get ball and refrain from taking long shots and you have yourself a good f9

Do you mean DLF? Because a DLP will often be lacking necessary attributes such as Finishing. 

Archived