Developing a Players Work Rate

Just wondering what possible ways there are to affect a players work rate. Hate finding class young players but they dont have the work rate to play in my high energy, intense pressing side.

- Does tutoring increase work rate indirectly or directly?

- Does fining increase work rate? If so, what match rating would be acceptable to criticize?

- Would work rate increase overtime from playing a player in such a high intensity tactic as he 'gets used to it'

- Anything else that could affect work rate?

Tutoring - no, it only works on hidden attributes and determination.

Fining - yes, if the player agrees it is warranted and he accepts his fine. I don't know about the match rating question, possibly 6.5 and lower, certainly below 6.

Don't know about the other questions, I'm afraid.

31 minutes ago, MattLDempsey said:

Just wondering what possible ways there are to affect a players work rate. Hate finding class young players but they dont have the work rate to play in my high energy, intense pressing side.

- Does tutoring increase work rate indirectly or directly?

- Does fining increase work rate? If so, what match rating would be acceptable to criticize?

- Would work rate increase overtime from playing a player in such a high intensity tactic as he 'gets used to it'

- Anything else that could affect work rate?

- No, the only attribute it increase (or decrease) is Determination.

- Not to my knowledge. I personally never fined a player for anything not transfer related.

- Not to my knowledge.

- Give him role training that works on work rate and give him game time. Also, I think that focusing on fitness on general team training improves that on a team level. Not a 100% sure though.

Afaik, the easiest way to directly influence a player's work rate is to train them in a role which has "work rate" selected as one of the attributes it boosts the most (you can see which roles affect which attributes when selecting them. IIRC Box to Box Midfielder is one of them)

Work rate is one of the attributes which can improve as overall ability improves anyway.

3 hours ago, MattLDempsey said:

Seems a shame that you cant emphasise pressing philosophy in young players without training them in roles that may waste PA elsewhere

Just fine them when their ratings go below 6.4, might wanna save before hand though as sometime they get angry at you

• 2 weeks later...

You won't see much of a change of work rate no matter what you do. It may raise by a little (1-2 points max.) but that's defined by a player's personality. I also had a lot-lot of experiment with excel sheets about it.

Only exception can be a young player with high professionality as he'll look to improve himself on this part. If someone hit their 22-23th year you shouldn't expect it to raise, maybe only 1-2 points during his entire career.

6 hours ago, skrew said:

You won't see much of a change of work rate no matter what you do. It may raise by a little (1-2 points max.) but that's defined by a player's personality. I also had a lot-lot of experiment with excel sheets about it.

Only exception can be a young player with high professionality as he'll look to improve himself on this part. If someone hit their 22-23th year you shouldn't expect it to raise, maybe only 1-2 points during his entire career.

It's not defined by personality at all and you can see it rise by a large amount. Not sure what you're going on about here but either way its not accurate.

6 hours ago, Cleon said:

It's not defined by personality at all and you can see it rise by a large amount. Not sure what you're going on about here but either way its not accurate.

How then?

16 hours ago, Cleon said:

I'm really looking forward for you to prove me wrong then.

Archived