[FM17] 5 Challenges in 1 Save - Difficulty Status: God Mode

Torres.Goal

FM 2017 - 5 CHALLENGES IN 1 SAVE THREAD

Introduction

We have all seen the many popular challenges on here throughout the Football Manager series. Many of which very difficult and enjoyable to play and read through other users attempts at conquering them all. Well, I am going to take on the surely impossible and try to collate these popular challenges into one save! I will probably never complete it but I will have fun trying! I have broken down the aims and objectives of each challenge below:

Challenge One: The Journeyman 0-51 Challenge

The first challenge is to win the TOP DIVISION of every pre-loaded nation on FM17. There are 51 in total. I will randomly select 3 nations at the beginning of the game and allow myself the pleasure of selecting my first team from any of these nations to start my challenge with. After this, I can only leave this nation once I have won the title with this team. If sacked beforehand I will have to apply for another job within this nation as and when one becomes available. When a nation's league has been won, this becomes complete and will be deleted and a new nation will be selected at random.  The challenge is complete once all 51 leagues have been won. I have also given myself a target of 50 domestic cups to win so I do not neglect the cup competitions although this is not essential to the challenge.

6ur69j.jpg

NOTE: After testing this save with Sunday League experience, I took started with TNS in Wales but after winning the league and resigning to look for my next job, it took me 2 seasons of not even getting an interview before deciding to quit. Therefore I will set my reputation higher to avoid a repeat.

Challenge Two: The Pentagon Challenge

The aim of this popular challenge is to win the Champions League in each of the five continents of Asia, Africa, Europe, North America and South America. 

UEFA_Champions_League_logo_2.svg_.png     AFC_Champions_League_crest.png    caf_champions_league.jpgCONCACAF_CL_logo.png    Copa_Bridgestone_Libertadores_logo.png

• UEFA Champions League
  • Asian Champions League
  • African Champions League
  • North American Champions League
  • Copa Libertadores (South America)

NOTE: This challenge will be run along side Challenge One.

Challenge Three: International Dominance

Much like The Pentagon Challenge, the aim here will be to win all the international tournaments on the game. This works out as 6 major cups across the continents which are as follows:

Logo_Eurocup.png       2015_AFC_Asian_Cup_crest.png     2013_Africa_Cup_of_Nations.png    h%C3%A4mta.jpg2015_Copa_Am%C3%A9rica.png   WC-2014-Brasil.svg_.png

• Euro Cup
  • Asian Cup
  • African Nations Cup
  • Gold Cup (North and Central America)
  • Copa America (South America)
  • World Cup

NOTE: This challenge can run along side Challenges 2 and 3.

Challenge Four: The Top to Bottom Challenge

Another big challenge in years gone by is to take a team from the bottom tier of the English league structure (Conference North/South) and take them to Premier League and Champions League glory! It's as simple as that really! I achieved this about a decade ago with Dorchester and it remains my favourite FM save to date so will enjoy having another stab at it. I will only attempt this challenge once Challenge One has been achieved and if sacked before reaching the target I will start again from the bottom!

Image result for grassroots football

Challenge Five: The Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge

When Sir Alex took over at Man Utd they were in the relegation zone. He went on to win 13 Premier League Titles, 2 Champions Leagues, 1 World Club Cup, 5 FA Cups and 4 League Cups. The task is to emulate the most successful British manager of all time. There will be no time limit on this challenge and if sacked before completion I will start again from afresh! 

Image result for sir alex ferguson challenge fm15

And there you have it! A surely impossible task with a good couple of hundred seasons in front of me. Will I finish it? Probably not. Do I care? Not one bit! I'll have great fun trying. I will post season by season updates but as I want to spend my time playing the game, updates will only be end of season rather than monthly progress etc. 

I will be starting with Challenge One and will select three nations at random shortly with details of my first ever team. Thanks for reading!

First three playable nations selected at random are:

nations.jpg

And for the one and only time I am allowed to select my first team from any of these 3 nations to get my career started. After this I will only be able to apply for vacant jobs. So with out further ado, my very first team will be....

beersheva.jpg

I'm off to Israel with Hapoel Beer Sheva! Time to get work...

Ok, I'm currently working my way through the Colombian division and I am confused about the structure! The first phase consists of 20 league games and the top 8 go through to a knockout. But now we are about to enter a second league phase! It seems that everyone then plays each other again and another knockout then takes place.

My question is, how do you actually win the title? Is it through the combined league points system or through the knockouts? I cant find any clarity on Wikipedia etc. Any help on this would be appreciated.

A quick run down on how the Colombian league structure works:

Phase One League - Everyone plays each other once, top 8 go through to a knockout playoff with each round consisting of 2 legs.

Phase Two League - Exactly the same format as above with the reserve fixtures played out.

Combined League - All points from both leagues as well as points accumulated via playoff games go towards final combined league total.

I will consider this nation complete once I finish 1st in the COMBINED LEAGUE TABLE

Interesting challenge I'll try to keep up to date with. Noticed a slight problem with the final combined table in your second season in Colombia though, wherein the league winners have apparently played 52 games yet apparently only got 51 results (31 wins, 6 draws, 14 losses). Is that due to them making both finals or something?

7 hours ago, mrdnra said:

Interesting challenge I'll try to keep up to date with. Noticed a slight problem with the final combined table in your second season in Colombia though, wherein the league winners have apparently played 52 games yet apparently only got 51 results (31 wins, 6 draws, 14 losses). Is that due to them making both finals or something?

Hi, thanks for following. Yes it could be this. To be honest I'm still not entirely sure how the structure and points system work. For example I lost a second leg of a playoff in my current season (yet to be posted on here) yet still got awarded 3 points for going through to the next round on aggregate overall. Not sure if this is what usually happens or if its a glitch in the game. Very difficult to find anything online that goes into any detail of how the league structure and points system works.

So at the 3rd time of asking, we are champions of Colombia! Strange format this nation has been. I cant say I'll miss it to be honest! This nation will now be deleted and to help with the new job search I will now add another 3 nation at random to join Scotland and India as the existing playable nations. Will keep you updated with what these are as well as where I'll be off to next in my next job once I successfully land one.

First season success in India! It wont come as much of a surprise that the standard in these smaller footballing nations is not the best (similar to a League 2 or Conference level in England perhaps). So when you sign a couple of solid players and get a strong spine of a team, wins are not too tough to come by. I managed to pull in this gem who did the business at the top end of the field. A promotion and season finished in just 21 games! Onto the next nation...

Emiliano Alfaro_ Overview Profile.png

Heartbreak after winning the league we then went through to the post season playoffs were we fall short at the last hurdle by losing by a single goal to Brisbane Roar. Big opportunity missed hear as I had a very strong squad due to the loan signings of three Man City players including a brilliant keeper and £12m rated midfielder. I cannot get them on loan again as City want to give them a chance next season. Time to search the market for new players!

Australia done and dusted at the second time of asking. Disappointing Champions League campaign though after finishing 3rd in my group. Australian teams have a good record in this competition so was hoping to try and tick off my first CL win in my Challenge but not to be on this occasion. Many more chances to win though with lots of Asian countries yet to load. Off to find a new job.

Archived