Football Manager Mobile 2016 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, what leagues have you got loaded? And a large DB? Essentially the game really only really loads a team outside of the main divisions if they have any players in the database, Who's currently in the NY Cosmos team getting extracted?

Marcos Senna gets loaded for the cosmos. I am on an ipad air using large db and tried with multi-league england, solo england and solo germany and same results.

Another aside, i made a MyClub team and noticed each player was one year younger than what i originally created their age to be.

• SI Staff
Another aside, i made a MyClub team and noticed each player was one year younger than what i originally created their age to be.

I can look into that - out of interest what league did you set active? .. as it might not be taking the start date into account correctly for some? ...

I have to say that I am a little disappointed with the AI you still use for Real Madrid. For some reason you decided to make them a ridicolous free spending caricature of themselves last year and I see that you haven’t changed it all this year either. In every career mode I have tried they buy 2-3 world class defenders for about 100 million € just to leave them on the bench to devaluate. No other club does that and it takes so much away from the realism.

• SI Staff

I can look into that - out of interest what league did you set active? .. as it might not be taking the start date into account correctly for some? ...

This is in fact already under review here.

• SI Staff
Very minor but the Forest logo has a white background rather than it being translucent like others?

Assume its an oversight as the badge colour has changed from Red to Gold.

The logo is as provided to us by the licensors.

This is in fact already under review here.

I think this is because the date of birth. If a player's birthday was like 2 days after starting the game, he will be a year older quickly. I saw that most birthdays are between september and december, so before the end of the year the players have the correct age.

+ Overall design and layout is very pleasing

+ As much fun as ever

- How can I separate one coach from another? All I can see is the colour of their badge, does this mean all gold coaches are equally good? This feature seems a bit rushed.

- Not too sure if I like the new tactic feature with passing focus and GK distribution. Especially on the original match engine the highlights are too limited, I really have no idea if my "passing focus: centre" works as intended or not. These tactic options then become something I feel I "need" to set, although I do not know how or if it works.

For the future, I wish we could have more challenges, or the opportunity to unlock the last three without paying extra. This game is expensive enough as it is, I am not paying "in app purchases" as well. Won't happen, ever. Sorry.

Good work guys,

Cheers :)

• SI Staff
- How can I separate one coach from another? All I can see is the colour of their badge, does this mean all gold coaches are equally good? This feature seems a bit rushed.

The coaching feature isn't meant to be hugely complex - its an enhancement to what I'd like to think is already a fun and compelling game, it allows you more control over how your club (and squad) is shaped by encouraging the players to improve and evolve in a specific manner .. not to be something which requires micro-managing.

- Not too sure if I like the new tactic feature with passing focus and GK distribution. Especially on the original match engine the highlights are too limited, I really have no idea if my "passing focus: centre" works as intended or not. These tactic options then become something I feel I "need" to set, although I do not know how or if it works.

On the original match engine you should be able to see the effects of these things in both the commentary and statistics from the players, if you pass to a side and have reasonable posession you'll find the players on that side get more of the ball (more passing, etc.) ...

Similarly if you have goalkeeper distribution set long then expect to see your midfield/forwards getting more to do in the air from his kicks out etc.

For the future, I wish we could have more challenges, or the opportunity to unlock the last three without paying extra. This game is expensive enough as it is, I am not paying "in app purchases" as well. Won't happen, ever. Sorry.

To be quite frank - I'd add more in, but only a very small percentage of people play using them so at present its unlikely additional ones will be added frequently, sorry but I try and focus on features which everyone will get to use and enjoy.

PS - I might look at making the paid ones unlockable at some stage though, thats not a bad idea ..

PS - I might look at making the paid ones unlockable at some stage though, thats not a bad idea ..

That would be great, I hope you find the time for this sometime during FMM16's lifespan.

I can't believe so few people play the challenges, they are almost the only way I play! Perfect for those quick sessions while commuting etc.

Marc & Alari, & SI team,

I was just playing and trying to figure out why it looked so good this year... And I realized that white box for the commentary is gone! I absolutely love the darkened transparent area for text now. It highlights the great blurred art behind it and gives me more of the footy feel I wanted in years past. I don't know if anyone else mentioned it last year, but thank you for implementing that. It really looks beautiful this year.

Enjoying the game so far- it's smooth and with the right level of detail IMO. You've struck a really good balance.

One issue I've found, which doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet:

When games are played, it switches to the 2d pitch too late in the attacking move. So I often see only the last pass or two before a shot, instead of the build up, which is frustrating. It makes it hard to see how the team is playing and how moves are actually being built. Don't know if you are aware of this? Or if it's just a bug I have?

Thanks

• SI Staff
Enjoying the game so far- it's smooth and with the right level of detail IMO. You've struck a really good balance.

One issue I've found, which doesn't seem to have been mentioned yet:

When games are played, it switches to the 2d pitch too late in the attacking move. So I often see only the last pass or two before a shot, instead of the build up, which is frustrating. It makes it hard to see how the team is playing and how moves are actually being built. Don't know if you are aware of this? Or if it's just a bug I have?

Thanks

Are you using the Original or Enhanced engine? Which device do you have?

There is no ATTRIBUTE ANALYSIS graphic on FM MOBILE 2016. I think it is very important for search and comparison players, so it should be on FM MOBILE 2016.

Also, it is not big feature, so it can add on MOBILE version.

Maybe it is only add on Comparison area, but this is enough for me.

https://t.co/xtZcLsFBDl

Please my friend,

We all should send mail and tweet about this feature..

https://mobile.twitter.com/milesSI

I think MR. Miles help us for this basic feature.

• SI Staff
Original, and it's on a Galaxy tab 2. The game only let me use one Nation, so I guess it's not the most powerful.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend running the enhanced engine on this, it would give you more buildup but would be a bit slow.

But i am supporting since 2013 for FM and FMH. I bought all version.

I have one good advice for you :)

I am turkish and All İOS and Google Play applications is discont %50 in my country, because of our bank. And everyone bought any application to %50 of price.

So your game is not expesive for turkish people. But a lot of Turkish people do not buy FM MOBILE, because of TURKİSH LAGUAGE and TURKEY LEAGUE.

If you promise and announce via your Official Turkish FM Groups, for example if FM MOBILE will bought by 5.000(for example) Turkish person, next year this features will come.

Please do it via Official Turkish FM Groups.

If you announce this promise, i guarantee Turkish people will bought how much you want.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend running the enhanced engine on this, it would give you more buildup but would be a bit slow.

Just to confirm, is the issue I have just to be expected with the original match engine? (It snaps to the 2d pitch quite late in the move). I think the engine as far as I can see is generally great, but this really does detract from the game as it makes it hard to see if the tactics are working/how the team is playing.

Thanks

• SI Staff
Just to confirm, is the issue I have just to be expected with the original match engine? (It snaps to the 2d pitch quite late in the move). I think the engine as far as I can see is generally great, but this really does detract from the game as it makes it hard to see if the tactics are working/how the team is playing.

Thanks

Yes, this is to be expected with the original engine I'm afraid.

Enjoying the game, but just a couple of things for me.

- If AI team is not winning at half time, you can see they will change 2 players. Should you (a) really be able to see opponent subs before 2nd half starts, and (b) 2 subs every time AI not winning...really. Admittedly only played 10 or so games.

- Minor gripe this, but do we really need to see unnecessary commentary at start of each half. Do you know, I almost prefer original CM 1992 match engine. (One team Attacking, other team Defending) ...Dots really do not cut it for me. Commentary is OK.

• SI Staff
- Minor gripe this, but do we really need to see unnecessary commentary at start of each half. Do you know, I almost prefer original CM 1992 match engine. (One team Attacking, other team Defending) ...Dots really do not cut it for me. Commentary is OK.

You can view the game as commentary only without 2d if you prefer (its on the match preferences panel).

Yes, this is to be expected with the original engine I'm afraid.

Thanks for confirming. I gave the enhanced match engine a quick go in challenge mode, and my tablet seemed to manage it well enough, so I think I might try a season with the enhanced engine and see how that goes, as it shows the build up much better.

I'll post back here how it goes- just as it might be useful feedback if the enhanced engine does work fine despite the game originally calculating that it wouldn't be advisable on my device.

When you advised that the enhanced engine might run a bit slow on a device with mine's specs, did you mean specifically the 2d match highlights, or the whole match, or the whole game? Just out of curiosity. From what I saw (only did half a game), the game time ticked by a little slowly. but the 2d engine worked fine.

Thanks again

• SI Staff

Generally yes, it's more the overall speed of the match from start to finish rather than the 2D highlights themselves. Due to the increased complexity, there is some extra processing time required pre-match as well as when making any substitutions in-match; which might bother people who are used to going through matches very quickly on the original engine.

Ultimately it does all come down to personal preference (and why we did give users the option). If you're happy with the trade-off between the amount of extra detail and the time taken to play a match then by all means continue to use the Enhanced Engine.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

It's my first time playing Mobile, although I've played other FM games before. Regarding team instructions, I wasn't sure on two things:

"primary outlet" - is this the same as a playmaker? I thought so, but possibly there could be subtle differences? The wording made me a little unsure. I know "playmaker" has in past games meant someone the team looks to get the ball to, so that they can orchestrate attacks. But the other possible meaning is someone who recycles possession and gets the team going at the very start of the move. I wasn't sure which one the "primary outlet" refers to. I don't know if that makes sense?

"primary attacker" - when the game says "focal point" of attacks.... does this mean the guy the team wants to be at the end of every move? Or the guy the team wants to be the key creative force? There is obviously a big difference there.

"pressing" - does this make the team play a higher line? Or is it just about chasing the ball?

Thanks for your help, I just wasn't quite sure on these definitions. I think the game needs to be clearer with these definitions, so that new players can understand their tactical options.

You can view the game as commentary only without 2d if you prefer (its on the match preferences panel).

Thanks, I knew that.

My main concern was about the AI using 2 subs at half time if they are not winning. This seems to happen every game so far. (11 or so games in). If AI are not winning at half time, check the AI team line up and you will see they will have made 2 changes. Surely you would not be able to see changes until after 2nd half starts. ....but also, surely 2 subs at half time is a tad wrong?????

I'm a bit puzzled; why do teams like Atlético and Dortmund use variations of 4-4-2 in the game? In the real world they never play with two proper strikers, as is evident by the ratio of midfielders vs strikers in the squads. Many (most?) teams these days play with lots of midfielders and a single striker. Then we have players like Reus and Griezmann who are combined midfielders and attackers. Not be all complainy and negative, I love the game, but this annoys me because the tactics do not fit with these teams' squads and are nothing like how Dortmund and Atlético actually play their football.

Does drawing a premier league team (Man C) away in the FA cup have any noticeable impact if you're managing a lower-league side (in my case Woking)? I don't seem to have got any financial benefit out of it at all. When causing an upset you sometimes get a little budget boost from the board so was kind of expecting something along the same lines...

• SI Staff
Does drawing a premier league team (Man C) away in the FA cup have any noticeable impact if you're managing a lower-league side (in my case Woking)? I don't seem to have got any financial benefit out of it at all. When causing an upset you sometimes get a little budget boost from the board so was kind of expecting something along the same lines...

Thats a fair point - I think there should be, I'll make sure its working properly ..

Hi guys.

Love the game so far. Few small issues.

I load 4 nations, big database etc and Holland as my main nation.

I got promoted with GA Eagles in my 1st season. Then in my 3rd season in the eredivise I won the Euro Cup Playoff Final but was never given any European fixtures the next season...same happened the following season. This affects my clubs stature I would imagine.

I also now have a player in my squad who plays for TP Mazembe...I never signed him but I can select to play in my squad lol.

I also had a youth coach who passed his silver badge three times but still had to take the silver exam again each time. Sacked him and took on Adil Rami now though...so I can't really show you that one.

Looking for some help guys. Ta

Loving this version of the game. Like most on these forums my FM days date back to the early days of CM and Italia Manager. This game captures the fun very well.

I feel exactly the same, feels like the good old days of CM and a lot of fun, I'm really impressed with this game!

• SI Staff
Now the save file has crashed/corrupted and I can't continue

I'd just got GA Eagles into the Champions League from the Jupiler League...so gutted right now.

That's 10 - 20 hours of play gone

If you mail that save to help@sega.co.uk we hopefully can recover it.

• SI Staff

Hi,

We've just released update 7.0.2 for iOS and Android.

Changelist as follows:

Android 7.0.2 update

- Fixed issue starting app when Google Play Store service is not connected

- Made player role traits respect colour blind mode

- Fixed player being released when loan falls through

- Fixed rare stadium crash

- Fixed duplicated coaches at some Dutch teams

- Fixed rare news crash when pressing Continue

iOS 7.0.2 update

- Various UI fixes

- Prevented B teams getting promoted to top division in Portugal

- Fixed players occasionally showing at two clubs at the same time

- Tweaked player happiness

- Fixed rare auction lock issue in Dangers of Capitalism challenge

- Made player role traits respect colour blind mode

- Fixed player being released when loan falls through

- Fixed rare stadium crash

- Fixed duplicated coaches at some Dutch teams

- Fixed skin display on iPhone 6S+

- Updated menubar icons for some devices

- Fixed rare news crash when pressing Continue

App Store link: http://ftbl.ma/FMMiOS

Google Play link: http://ftbl.ma/FMMAndroid

The update will be available for Amazon devices in the coming days.

• SI Staff
Now the save file has crashed/corrupted and I can't continue

I'd just got GA Eagles into the Champions League from the Jupiler League...so gutted right now.

That's 10 - 20 hours of play gone

Please try with the 7.0.2 update that has just been released and let me know if this still occurs.

• SI Staff
Any chance you were able to identify any problems when facing Hereford FC? And possibly work it into this update? If not, I'll still try to send that save file over. Thanks for your hard work, everyone.

I believe the rare stadium crash fix should sort out that problem. If not, please let us know!

Hello there. First off, absolutely love the game! Keep up the good work! However, I have a question regarding the databases... Is there any way possible in which we can load all available players in the game at any one time? I'll use my favourite player as an example, Ricardo Goulart of Guangzhou Evergrande. I have tried starting new games with the large database both on and off, and I've tried loading a combination of selected leagues. However, he only seems to appear in the game when I have the Brazilian league selected as my primary (presumably because he's Brazilian). Ideally, as a Reading supporter, I'm looking to have the English leagues as my primary so that I can play as Reading in the Championship. But if I do that, then I can't select the Brazilian league as a secondary, and therefore he's not in the game. This is a bit of a downer for me, because we all play the game to bring our favourite players to our favourite clubs!

• SI Staff
Hello there. First off, absolutely love the game! Keep up the good work! However, I have a question regarding the databases... Is there any way possible in which we can load all available players in the game at any one time? I'll use my favourite player as an example, Ricardo Goulart of Guangzhou Evergrande. I have tried starting new games with the large database both on and off, and I've tried loading a combination of selected leagues. However, he only seems to appear in the game when I have the Brazilian league selected as my primary (presumably because he's Brazilian). Ideally, as a Reading supporter, I'm looking to have the English leagues as my primary so that I can play as Reading in the Championship. But if I do that, then I can't select the Brazilian league as a secondary, and therefore he's not in the game. This is a bit of a downer for me, because we all play the game to bring our favourite players to our favourite clubs!

Unfortunately this isn't possible at present due to the memory implications. If we ever rework the database system we'll keep this sort of feedback in mind though!

Unfortunately this isn't possible at present due to the memory implications. If we ever rework the database system we'll keep this sort of feedback in mind though!

I assumed it would be a memory issue, it is a shame that certain players only appear in the game under certain circumstances, but obviously that can't be helped. Thanks for your response, much appreciated!

• SI Staff
started playing this yesterday..

as Man Utd.. had Martial want to leave after first pre-season game.. this is ridiculous

I've tuned this somewhat for the next update - it is entirely possible that individuals, especially young ones may get homesick when they move abroad ... however I've allowed high salaries at prestige clubs to offset this more in that update.

Thanks for confirming. I gave the enhanced match engine a quick go in challenge mode, and my tablet seemed to manage it well enough, so I think I might try a season with the enhanced engine and see how that goes, as it shows the build up much better.

I'll post back here how it goes- just as it might be useful feedback if the enhanced engine does work fine despite the game originally calculating that it wouldn't be advisable on my device.

Just to feedback, I have now started a career with the Enhanced engine, and it's worked very well. Loading the game/making subs/changes brings about 10-20 seconds of loading, but no more than that. I've had one or twice the first game I've played after starting up my device be a bit slow, but this has been very rare.

Overall am definitely very pleased with the enhanced engine, and would recommend everyone with a tablet for which the game automatically recommends Original to at least give the Enhanced a go for a few matches to see if it works well. I'm using a galaxy tab 2.

Hello guys, i want to ask something did you guys got a transfer offer for players that you are not transfer listed ?? Because i didn't receive any, is this the mechanism of FMM 2016 ? or is it just me that experiencing this ??

Thanks in advance .

Archived