FM16 The Sammarinese Challenge.

My formation is a flat 4-5-1, and is pretty similar to what I had used on the FM15. It's solid, but does rely on you getting the right man up front because he can get isolated, which also means you need a fair bit of pace in the attack duties to get up to him. I play exactly the same formation with the National Team except my set pieces are different so my keeper doesn't go up for corners. 7-0 is actually my worst defeat with the national team, pretty sure both England and Switzerland scored double figures against me on the last game, so that's an improvement.

Tactics_zpstlbf5pqp.png

(Jambo98 deserves a lot of the credit because his thread on the formation is what got me using it)

I do think my policy of buying mainly youth players does take the side a while to get good enough, although obviously it's much easier than doing what Jimbokav is. Looking at my squad now, I still only have 6 players who are old enough to tutor others and two of them are barely playing Serie in B. Braccini is the oldest player at the club at 27.

We've started solidly in Serie B, won 4, drawn 1, lost 4, only one match decided by more than 1 goal.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San-Marino-Calcio.png

San Marino Calcio 2021/22 Season Review

Serie A Table

Serie%20A%20table%20end%20of%20season%205.jpg

Results 1 - Results 2

Serie A Player Stats

Serie%20A%20player%20stats%20end%20of%20season%205.jpg

Transfers

Transfers%20end%20of%20season%205.jpg

The Squad

Squad%20end%20of%20season%205.jpg

Season Awards

San%20Marino%20awards%20end%20of%20season%205.jpg

Player Of The Season

Guido Turano

Guido%20Turano%20end%20of%20season%205.jpg

Top Goalscorer

Hakan Karahan

Hakan%20Karahan%20end%20of%20season%205.jpg

My Thoughts

After a decent season in Serie A we have finished in 5th place and secured European football next season via the Europa League. To be honest I would of rather we finished a few places lower and missed out on the Europa League because we are going to have so many extra games to play next season and we only have a small squad. I forgot to do a screen shot for our finances but we are £4m in the red and we haven't been given any money to spend in the transfer market but we can adjust the wages a little to give us a £3m transfer kitty so unless we sell it's going to be tough to compete the extra fixtures.

No surprises that Guido Turano won the player of the season for the fifth year in a row, I don't know how he won it this year though because we had players who had much a better season than him, maybe it's because he is a icon at the club and the fans are being a bit biased towards him. If I get my way he won't be the first name on the team sheet next year as I have my eye on a Argentinian wing back who is out of contract at Mexican club Santos Laguna and he would be a major upgrade on Turano.

Turkish striker Hakan Karahan was this seasons top goalscorer with 20 goals in 30 games in all competitions. I need to negotiate a new contract with him as he has a £10m minimum fee release clause and we need to try and either get rid of it or put a higher fee in his contract.

Yes, as a man who lost two Serie C playoff finals in a row I know it can sap motivation a bit!

I've made it to the Christmas break in my first season in Serie B comfortably in the top half (W10 D4 L8), the big news has been Christian Maldini struggling to hang on to his place in the team due to the performances of his young back up at right back. Might have to retrain one of them to play left back since all my players on that side are playing like clowns.

Kouadio is comfortably top of average ratings for the entire league and has made it into the Ivory Coast squad for the first time.

Season 2021/2022 Review

League table - We survived again but it wasnt pretty. I decided to change from my trusty 442 and go to a 451 formation in order to sure up defensively. It worked to an extent with us keeping 13 clean sheets as opposed to the 3 last year, however we were toothless in attack and only scoring 37 just wasnt good enough. Im unsure what to do next season, whether to revert to the 442 and try to sure it up with better players and a few tweaks or try to develop the 451 and build from the back again. Either way I have a big pre-season coming up

End of Season Award - Someone had to win them I suppose. We hardly set the league alight. Aghiles Hakkar did score the fastest goal of the season which is also a club record

Goal Of the Year

(COMING SOON TO A CINEMA NEAR YOU)

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Injuries - This has been our biggest downfall. We have been decimated with injuries. I didnt get to name a full strength team all year. Freidrich was obviously our biggest miss as he joint top scored with 8, despite only being available for 36% of the season. Cala, our 1st choice CB was a big miss with Hakkar and Bonomi my 1st choice RM and LM respectively.

Youth Intake - Wow. The top 4 prospects SM only eligible. We are starting to see some retirements from the older players and players who have been getting released and not getting another club so this is a very welcome sight. Cristian Mazza and Michael Ceccoli the best of the bunch

We have had our Youth Recruitment Network budget increased :thup:

National Team - We got our qualifying wins over Andorra to earn us our first qualifying wins. Hoorah. This shot is up to an impressive 159th. We also bagged a goal against Italy :D

Next Season -

A big decision to be made tactically over the summer

Dont get Relegated

Jimbo - I think when you're not able to sign players it must be pretty difficult to make quick progress though (or any progress for that matter). I remember trying it with King's Lynn a game or two ago and getting nowhere in particular in about 5 seasons.

I forgot to mention, Azerbaijan have had their revenge for those qualifying defeats by giving us an absolute tonking in the Nations League 6-1, we've also dropped back down to about 150 in the world.

I would be ecstatic if I could just get into the Playoffs and then get beat. :lol:

But imagine throwing away 2 goals against 10 men in your clubs biggest ever pay day........ :( After playing 5 seasons you really are ACTUALLY the manager, then again I guess that shows I like the save and embrace the task!

Finished my third season and despite going into it full of optimism it's been an absolute rollercoaster of a ride:

k1Ke7Hf.jpg

The end of season awards were a bit strange as my signing of the season was a GK who stayed in my U20's and didn't get a first team appearance

4p2QxtN.jpg

Quick season review

uhiFt4x.jpg

Injuries showing my main striker sitting out a nice chunk of the season

mU4Fmma.jpg

Final league table:

j9wzNCr.jpg

Edit: forgot to say I ended up having to sell my best midfielder in January because a club met his release clause :-(

San Marino - Lega Pro Girone B - Season 1 (2017/2018)

February Update

League

Kzj1mxt.png

Outclassed by Virtus Lanciano. Braccini injured for a month...

Key win against Lupa Castelli Romani in a very even game. 3 vital points against relegation contenders.

Gutted against Gubbio. My and only my tactical mistake led to a loss 15 SECONDS before the final whistle...

Faught bravely against Arezzo and took the lead but eventually slipped...

K6MQcMB.png

San Marino goal of the Month award goes to... (2nd best in the league award)

[video=youtube;qyTcyKBOXMs]

San Marino national team

Rank on Mar 01, 2017 - 198 (-1)

Other News

Our very poor form came when key man Braccini got injured. Need to figure smth fast as we are looking to struggle in the final games of the season...

Youth Intake

o0VPz90.png

I want to let go most of my youth players in the summer and leave only the best of them to try and develop them.

Youth Day 2022.

It look s a better than decent intake, but the 1st thing that jumps out at me is the abundance of wingers in the group. 7 of the 16 players seem to be most suited to playing as a winger. Well for a start we can only play 2 at a time, (has anyone ever tried to play with more than 2 wingers?) and the other thing is that the wide attacking positions are probably our biggest area of strength in the existing squad.

The next thing that strikes me is that we have a decent (SMR) GK and surprisingly he is NOT dual Nationality. IN FM14 it took me about 10 seasons to just get an average GK produced. This bloke should develop at least to "average" level, (whatever that is).

The next thing that I notice might not seem that strange to some of you, but in view of the fact that none of my facilities or coaching levels have increased, it is certainly strange to me. The CA of every single player in this years intake is still judged on Senior player comparisons, (gold stars), rather than Youth player comparisons, (silver stars). This really is a surprise to me and if I'm honest I don't fully understand it.

Something that as so far been poor in this save is player personality in the Youth Intake. Although there are many poor examples here, I have 3x F,Det and a F.Pro out of the top 5 players. That's not too shabby at all.

SMR%20Youth%20Day%202022_zpsybweuxgx.png

(22a) Steni (Bal) (2022).

The best player in this intake, (ranked by PA), doesn't look great right now. As he is ranked best "by PA", and we are looking at him as a Day 1 15 year old, I don't think we can read an awful lot into that. It's all about the PA baby!

SMR%20Steni%202022_zpsx2g37dwv.png

Squad ranked by PA.

3 of this years intake make it onto the 1st page of the squad list, (ranked by PA), and as we haven't had any facility improvements and still have the same HoYD, (I can't even remember what he's like if I'm honest), then I suppose 3 out of 17 isn't too bad. The only real issue is the guy at the top of the rankings, (Longo), is about to leave on a free having been forced to see out his contract.

SMR%20Squad%20ranked%20by%20PA%202022_zpso3qoh2ih.png

GK's ranked by PA.

You can see here what I mean about the CA of this years intake. They are all gold stars where we still have players from previous intakes who are still being rated with silver stars, (and what squad they are in, what contract they are on or how old they are seems to have no relevance). IN any case, as mentioned above, Giovagnoli is indeed an impressive prospect for the (SMR) NT, especially when you consider that Aldo, (1st choice GK for NT), is approaching retirement, and MMG (SMR/ARG) has already been included in the senior squad. Just look at the difference in PA between the 2 and the CA is already on a par.

SMR%20GKs%20ranked%20by%20PA%202022_zps4jv0cdkg.png

DL's ranked by PA.

As mentioned above, Longo (ITA) (Bal) is about to leave on a free pending the expiration of his Youth contract. He has refused to even negotiate a new contract and has been upsetting the rest of the squad since the close of the last transfer window of his contract. I find it hugely frustrating that players don't recognise when a contract is open or closed and have this impact on their thinking. Longo's replacement in the short -term will probably be Neri, (one of the players whom I brought back), and he will be backed up by long-term successor Corrado.

SMR%20DLs%20ranked%20by%20PA%202022_zpsoggnibaa.png

DR's ranked by PA.

18yo Marino is by far the pick of our right backs, although Borelli needs to be given more game-time and has the PA to improve.

SMR%20DRs%20ranked%20by%20PA%202022_zpsyuppdzmd.png

DC's ranked by PA.

Demurtas is a welcome addition to our centre-half ranks. Some of the others are very one-dimensional, and while he is similarly restricted, the hope is at least that he and some of the others will develop into less restricted players.

SMR%20DCs%20ranked%20by%20PA%202022_zpsyd2amm2k.png

DM's and MC's ranked by PA.

After starting with a 442, I have adopted a 4141 but I am struggling to fill the DM position. Di Rosa is the only player really suitable at the moment, (and even then he isn't that suitable). The HoYD prefers a 451 rather than anything else, and I wonder if this has an influence on the lack of non-winger wide midfielders coming through. I could really do with a DM. More than that, I'm desperate for a decent DM.

SMR%20DMs%20amp%20MCs%20ranked%20by%20PA%202022_zps0syzyjje.png

ML's and AML's ranked by PA.

This is an area of relative strength with Ricci, Ciacci & Ancione all vying for a starting position.

SMR%20MLs%20amp%20AMLs%20ranked%20by%20PA%202022_zpsebjtxydo.png

MR's and AMR's ranked by PA.

Right wing/midfield is even more impressive than the left, and when Longo goes, Luca will become our best player. He is ably supported by Natali & Ferretti and of course the experienced Vitaioli is equally at home on the left flank or up front.

SMR%20MRs%20amp%20AMRs%20ranked%20by%20PA%202022_zps0wgtvljh.png

AMC's ranked by PA.

Although I don't play with an AMC, and probably won't for the forseeable future, we have a number of players who can only play in this position so it would seem silly not to include them. Steni of course is the best player from this intake, but we also have Zavoli and Giacobbi to think of.

SMR%20AMCs%20ranked%20by%20PA%202022_zpsamnko3ta.png

SC's ranked by PA.

Battistini, Guidi & veteran Vitaioli are the most likely to start but the big potential improver is Rosario who has only featured sparingly at this stage and is developing nicely.

SMR%20SCs%20ranked%20by%20PA%202022_zps076ayhcg.png

San Marino club side. End of Season 2019/20 update. Lega Pro B, (Serie C/B).

I am still not managing the NT side yet, (I have enough on my plate).

National C Licence.

I asked once at the end of the 1st season, (and was declined on the basis of finances), but they had no such issue when I asked again this season.

SMR%20National%20C%20Licence_zpswe1iijdd.png

Season Review.

SMR%202022%20Season%20Review_zpslp9bxunt.png

League Table.

It was a bit of a strange season in that I thought we were doing really well for a while, but as usual, after the Youth Day we seemed to implode and it too a change of formation and tactics to halt the slide down the table after 5 consecutive losses.

SMR%20League%20Table%20May%202022_zpsihavdkyz.png

League Graph.

SMR%20League%20Graph%20May%202022_zpskgqsdffg.png

League Fixtures 1.

League Fixtures 2.

Cup Fixtures.

League History.

SMR%20League%20History%20May%202022_zpsogjsuxek.png

Facilities.

Board Confidence.

Finances.

SMR%20Finances%20May%202022_zpsubips4jh.png

Debt/Loans.

When the new board took over, thy refinanced the debt tothe tune of £0.5M over 5 years.

Goal-scoring GK watch.

SMR%20Goal-scoring%20GK%20watch%20May%202022_zpscyse1gkh.png

End of Season Awards.

SMR%20End%20of%20Season%20awards%20May%202022_zpshgxe8wes.png

Fans Player of Season.

(19b) Luca (Pro) PPM was the runaway leader of just about all the awards. He scored the most goals, created the most assists, and was equal best MOM award winner too. He obviously also won Young Player of the Year too. The only thing he didn't win was goal of the season.

SMR%20Luca%20May%202022_zpslzg8tmuw.png

Goal of the season.

How this goal won the goal ahead of the overhead kick that I posted earlier in the thread is simply beyond me. Madness!

[video=youtube;sJieouMi4EY]

Scored by Guidi (SMR) (Det).

Signing of the Season.

We didn't make any signings this season. There are a few ex players still on my watch list, but nobody too keen in re-joining at this stage.

[url="http://SMR%20Luca%20May%202022_zpslzg8tmuw.png"]Young Player of the Season[/url].

Top Goalscorer.

SMR%20Top%20Goal-scorer%20May%202022_zpsbb2rau4s.png

Most Assists.

SMR%20Highest%20Avg%20Rating%20May%202022_zps0lxehaij.png

Highest Average Rating.

SMR%20Most%20assists%20May%202022_zpsqqithzfr.png

Transfers.

There were no transfers in at all.

Transfers out.

SMR%20Transfers%20out%20May%202022_zpsvyyn0jbm.png

2020 Youth Day.

SMR%20Youth%20Day%202022_zpsybweuxgx.png

(22a) Steni (Bal) (2022).

SMR%20Steni%202022_zpsx2g37dwv.png

Remembering that I am NOT the (SMR) NT Manager, it's interesting to track the development of the NT, using the Nations League as a tracking tool.

Nations League 2019 Division D.

SMR%20Nations%20League%202019_zpsdsfykaui.png

Nations League 2021 Division D.

SMR%20Nations%20League%202021_zpscwbuljm3.png

Nations League 2023 Division D.

SMR%20Nations%20League%202023_zpsnuzvwgzg.png

I'd say that's pretty decent progress. :thup:

March Update

League

J0omBaf.png

Pisa were much better and eventually scored their only goal on the 77th minute.

It was a very even game against Lupa Roma but Mattia Stefanelli was the reason why we won it - 2 goals and an assist for the Sammarinese striker.

Wouldn't say we were outclassed by Pontedera, just a poor game at the office...

A vital win against bottom Lucchese in a merry-go-rounder with Camara getting on the scoresheet.

Somehow drew against Fermana who are now 3 games unbeaten.

E17BYQO.png

It is going to be one hell of a fight for that one saving position...

San Marino goal of the Month award goes to... (assist was brilliant!)

[video=youtube;iD_2jHyNm94]

San Marino national team

Rank on April 01, 2017 - 194 (+4)

CrFJFax.png

We have done it against Mongolia (201st), turning the game around after a poor conceded goal. 16 yo Bacciocchi with a goal and PoM.

Other News

I ma nervous going into the final games of the season...

Season 2022/2023 Review

League Table - I elected to go with the 451, which paid off incredibly. Lazios 1-0 victory over us on the last game of the season was enough for us to finish 5th on head to head record. It could and possibly should have been much more comfortable and we could have even pushed for the Champions League. We went and beat reigning champions Roma away and also went away to Juve and won. However these fantastic victories were the bread in a sandwich of a 1-0 home defeat to newly promoted Genoa. A few signings will be required for what is going to be a very challenging season to come.

End of Season Awards - Hakkar was fantastic all year and was called up to play for Algeria. I was hoping for him to choose France as the AFCoN can really mess up a season

I was named as manager of the year, Hakkar won foreign player of the year and Luca Bonomi won the Italian player of the year award. We were also chosen as the best team in the Serie A

Goal of the Season

COMING SOON

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

Fixtures 3

Youth Intake - Not brilliant. I will be replacing my HoYD this upcoming season. Fabio Muccarini and Luca Renzi the best of the bunch

National Team - We were again drawn with Andorra in our qualifying group for the Euros. They have already beaten us on their turf which is a massive disappointment.

Next season

We need to be more consistent against the weaker sides in the league.

A nice run in the Europa League could boost the finances nicely

Cool to see that this thing is still going. I had a go at this last year on FM12 (don't see the point in buying FM every year, it does usually be very buggy until the final patch) but I just picked up 16 and I want to have a go at this. Good work putting the saves in the OP, where do I put them?

Will read though this thread now while I get going, wish me luck boys.

Cool to see that this thing is still going. I had a go at this last year on FM12 (don't see the point in buying FM every year, it does usually be very buggy until the final patch) but I just picked up 16 and I want to have a go at this. Good work putting the saves in the OP, where do I put them?

Will read though this thread now while I get going, wish me luck boys.

The save games go in

My Documents>Sports Interactive>FM16>games

If you dont have a games folder just create one, or make another save game to generate one.

Welcome and good luck, your going to need it! :lol:

It was 2nd download that seemed to have financial issues. Didn't see anything written negatively about the 2nd one.

The second one had an issue with the Parma debt which hadn't been removed, but took care of that a while back as I was using it both for SM and another save.

That being said taking a mini-break from my Cyprus game and decided I'd get onto this.

d37ab79daeefbb51e822d9e4e6cf5af9.png

94b7626f8d98252b8157eb2d01f63727.png

6a5c3b2d7e66a06e5b3ff5ac7d375c1e.png

Finished my fourth season last night (haven't played through to the end of season awards etc yet), and after a promising start it ended in despair - a run of 13 games without a win crippled my season.

Table position across the season:

yugpUmL.jpg

Final table:

dvd7H0g.jpg

Really struggled with the goals again this year. I think it will be back to the drawing board in the off season to see where I can move forward. I got close to the stage of quitting this season, but I think I will stick it out one more and if I still can't progress I'll have a break and try something different.

Finished my fourth season last night (haven't played through to the end of season awards etc yet), and after a promising start it ended in despair - a run of 13 games without a win crippled my season.

yugpUmL.jpg

Final table:

dvd7H0g.jpg

Really struggled with the goals again this year. I think it will be back to the drawing board in the off season to see where I can move forward. I got close to the stage of quitting this season, but I think I will stick it out one more and if I still can't progress I'll have a break and try something different.

Stick at it, this is a long term challenge where success wont come instantly. It is a slog but it is well worth it when you start to reap the rewards later on

Im absolutely gutted. My star LM has just had his £20,000,000 release clause met. Although the finances will look a little rosier, he will be tough to replace :(

I should add that my previous record transfer out was £375,000 so this is a big sum :lol:

Youth Day 2023.

There are a few things of note in this years intake.

First of all it's great, (for the NT at least), that 5 of the top rated players of this intake, (rated by PA remember), are (SMR) eligible.

Something that absolutely screamed at me from the screen immediately, was that not only did the best player have a good personality, (Professional), but we also had an Iron Willed player come through the ranks, (which is something I don't think I have ever seen before on any FM). I know that some of you might think "who cares", but this is actually vital for me, (or at least will be as we progress).

What was vital was that we got a decent central midfielder come through, and more than that, he had to be less of a ball player and have at least some "stopping" ability. Although Leone is still more attacking than defending, his best role is said to be BWM, (I'm not convinced), but at the age of 16 I at least have significant time to mould him.

The last thing that strikes me, (and surprises me), is that Fabio has quite a high CA of 3.5 right from the outset. His best position is said to be AML and I thought we were relatively strong in that area. If I filter my ML's and AML's by CA, (rather than PA), then Fabio actually tops the list. Looking at his competition on the left now in isolation, I definitely prefer Ciacci to Fabio right now, and I think I probably also prefer Ricci too.

SMR%20Youth%20Day%202023_zpsmkxe27dq.png

(23a) Fabio (SMR) (Pro) (2023).

SMR%20Fabio%202023_zpsnpckvfy4.png

Whole Squad by PA.

SMR%20Squad%20by%20PA_zpsflhhe74i.png

GK's.

SMR%20GKs_zps9ip54typ.png

DL's.

SMR%20DLs_zpseem5lhoc.png

DR's.

SMR%20DRs_zpsts5etids.png

DC's.

SMR%20DCs_zpsppnqqx4u.png

DM's & MC's.

SMR%20DMs%20amp%20MCs_zps9fbyp9bz.png

ML's & AML's.

SMR%20MLs%20amp%20AMLs_zpsvapwfkas.png

MR's & AMR's.

SMR%20MRs%20amp%20AMRs_zpsneezay8m.png

AMC's.

SMR%20AMCs_zpsvxaghvof.png

SC's.

SMR%20MRs%20amp%20AMRs_zpsneezay8m.png

Im absolutely gutted. My star LM has just had his £20,000,000 release clause met. Although the finances will look a little rosier, he will be tough to replace :(

I should add that my previous record transfer out was £375,000 so this is a big sum :lol:

I feel your pain, but at your relatively early stage of the challenge, that is a whopping amount of money that I am sure makes your finances look VERY healthy.

[Edit]

Any chance we can have a look at his profile and history please. :thup:

yugpUmL.jpg

Final table:

dvd7H0g.jpg

I would urge you to stick with it.

Sometimes something as simple as a change in roles or duties to just 1 of your player can have a big impact. I would look at your best player and see if you can get more out of him, or look at your poorest performing position/role and see if you can tweak that.

Good luck. :thup:

I feel your pain, but at your relatively early stage of the challenge, that is a whopping amount of money that I am sure makes your finances look VERY healthy.

[Edit]

Any chance we can have a look at his profile and history please. :thup:

Yea sure, here you go

Gianluca%20Bonomi_%20Overview%20Profile-2_zpsjoujnhc8.png

Gianluca%20Bonomi_%20History%20Career%20Stats_zpsgnl4rbcb.png

He was injured alot in his first season with us but other than that he has been fantastic.

Their previous offer was only £10,500,000 which I rejected outright, then they came back and triggered the release fee. I though they would come back with a few incentives but they just jumped in and doubled it.

He came with the PPM, and it did come in useful with switched diagonal balls to my RM.

He did get his first call-up to the last Italy squad but didnt get a chance to play

2017/18 Season Report - Serie C

| League Table | League Results (Home) | League Results (Away) | Serie C Cup |

Drawing was the story of the season! I decided to play a very attacking 4-2-3-1 (practically a 4-2-4), based on the fact that the attacking talent in the squad was good, but our defense was pants. We were flirting with the play-out positions for the first half of the season. In January I signed some temporary defenders on a free transfer - our form improved from then on. For a moment it looked like we could steal a play off place, however our Away form saw an end to that. As soon as it was confirmd that we couldn't be relegated, nor promoted, our squad kinda gave up and went on a losing streak. All in all, I'm quite happy with how the season went, we scored the most goals in the league (and conceded the most), if we can improve our defence then we could be a force to be reckoned with!

Key Players

| Ricardo Perpetuini | Ignacio Lores | Sasha Cori |

Cori finished top scorer in the league. He played in both the ST© and AM© positions and excelled at both, I may push him to ST© next season, provided we can get a decent AM© to fill the gap. Lores is one of _those_ players. He can produce moments of pure class and other times he just can't be bothered. That said, 20 assists in a season is a very good effort. Perpetuini was the engine of the side, rarely had a bad game and stayed fit for most of the season, he acted as the perfect link between defence and attack and was pretty handy and breaking down counter attacks too.

One for the Future :(

| Mirko Ciacci |

This guy was in the youth team when I started. Assistant Manager + Scots think he'll make a decent Serie A DM/MC, he played well for a 17 year old however he was not wanting to sign a new contract (due to expire to 2019). Whilst this is a player we all dream of having - someone who can last the challenge with you - Bologna offered him a contract, our compensation was only going to be 85K. Then Fiorentina came in with a bid - I negotiated and managed to get £1Mil for him + 20% of any future profit. On a personal level, I was a bit sad to sell him, however in regards to the challenge, I've re-invested the cash in to new Youth Training facilities, a couple small transfer fees and the rest is in the bank. In addition to that, you'd hope he'd reach his full potential at a club like Fiorentina - perhaps he will come in handy for the National side. I fear that he will rott in their U20 side, if I see that happening, I'll try to re-sign him.

Club Info

| Squad | Finances | Season Review | Transfers | Injury Report | End of Season Awards | Manager Profile |

I think the problem we had was that I signed a lot of players at the start of the season - I had to really. It took them a long time to get used to my system. Once we were fluid in the tactic we really played quite well. We didn't have many injuries and it was nice to see two of our players in the top 3 for 'Player of the Season'

Next Season Targets

- Improve our Defence - I will need to make 4 new signings, LB,RB,DCx2 and possibly a GK too

- Play-Offs - If we can improve our defence, yet keep scoring freely, we should be able to get in to the play-offs.

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]Season

[/TD]

[TD]League

[/TD]

[TD]League Finish

[/TD]

[TD]Achievements

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2017/18

[/TD]

[TD]Serie C

[/TD]

[TD]11th

[/TD]

[TD]none

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

San-Marino-Calcio.png

San Marino Calcio 2022/23 Season Review

Serie A Table

Serie%20A%20table%20end%20of%20season%206.jpg

Results 1 - Results 2

Serie A Player Stats

Serie%20A%20player%20stats%20end%20of%20season%206.jpg

Transfers

Transfers%20end%20of%20season%206.jpg

The Squad

Squad%20end%20of%20season%206.jpg

Season Awards

San%20Marino%20awards%20end%20of%20season%206.jpg

Player Of The Season

José Escudero

Joseacute%20Escudero%20end%20of%20season%206.jpg

Top Goalscorer

Federico Bonazzoli

Federico%20Bonazzoli%20end%20of%20season%206.jpg

Finances

Finances%20end%20of%20season%206.jpg

My Thoughts

Even though we had a great season finishing in 3rd place in Serie A, we were in the top two for the majority of the season until the Europa League knockout rounds were the extra games killed us in the league and our results started to decline. Champions Juventus still only finished six points above us though and I really think next season could be our year if we can sign a few more quality players like Mario Götze. Like last year when we signed Jack Wilshere, we signed the little German after he had been released by Barcelona and hadn't signed for another club in six months so we pounced in the January for him.

We won the Europa League in our first season beating Tottenham Hotspur in the final with the only goal from the game coming from the penalty spot with Federico Bonazzoli sending the Titani fans wild.

José Escudero won the player of the season award this year ahead of you guessed it Guido Turano who still managed to finish as runner up even though he is not longer first choice.

Federico Bonazzoli was our top goalscorer this year with 27 goals in all competitions one ahead of last seasons top goalscorer Hakan Karahan.

We've only been given a £10m transfer budget for next year so it looks like I have to sell some fringe players before I try and add to the squad. I am going to make Francisquinho loan a permanent move and activate his future fee of £7.5m. There are some wonderful Brazilian regens in my game but you can only sign two non EU players from abroad so I'll have to look for some dual nationality players.

The youth intake this year was awful again and none of them will make it, although I have still signed all of them to help the god awful national team. I can't wait until we finally get our youth facilities a lot better than the below average they currently are but the junior coaching is excellent and youth recruitment is well established which is promising.

San Marino club side. End of Season 2022/23 update. Lega Pro B, (Serie C/B).

2022/23 Season Review.

SMR%20Season%2022-23%20Season%20Review_zps91vi4bcs.png

I am still not managing the NT side yet, (I have enough on my plate).

League Table.

Although we only finished 1 position outside the relegation playoff zone, we were actually 7 points clear and things were not as tight as they might seem. We actually started the season quite brightly and at the half-way stage of the season we sat 10th and if I'm honest I was eyeing a push fore the Playoffs. As usual however we really crumbled as a result of injury and fatigue, (and my concentration being taken away again by the new Youth Intake. I really8 must focus right through to the end of the season.

SMR%20League%20Table%20May%202023_zpssju2jb8c.png

League Graph.

SMR%20League%20Graph%20May%202023_zpsmuwjwyfo.png

League Fixtures 1.

League Fixtures 2.

Cup Fixtures.

Just as we were getting to the stage where I thought we might progress through the Group stage of the Group C Cup, the game scuppered my plans by entering us into the full Italian Cup for the 1st time. I think how this works is that although the Regional Cup competitions are not visible in the game, they do exist and the game allocates winners accordingly. These "winners" qualify for the Italian Cup proper and receive a bye through the Group stages of the Serie C Cup.

As it is, two 2-1 losses to any hopes we had of further progress.

League History.

SMR%20League%20History%20May%202023_zpspwdsghwa.pn  g

Facilities.

Board Confidence.

60% satisfaction when you only avoid relegation by 1 spot and don't win a cup game can't be bad.

Finances.

Goal-scoring GK watch.

While MMG finished last season, (and started this season), as 1st choice, injury meant that Gio was given his opportunity, (spanking in a free-kick on debut). They managed 7 goals between them and although Gio bagged 2 free-kicks, he also missed a pen.

SMR%20Goal-scoring%20GK%20watch%20May%202023_zpsd7arf3oz.png

End of Season Awards.

SMR%20End%20of%20Season%20Awards%20May%202023_zpsi  wqfkxks.png

Fans Player of Season.

Goal of the season.

[video=youtube;0aY5ckQGksY]

Young Player of the Season.

Top Goalscorer.

SMR%20Top%20Goal-scorer_zpsuxlg4jw4.png

Most Assists.

SMR%20Most%20Assists%20May%202039_zpsym9gdg37.png

Highest Average Rating.

SMR%20Highest%20avg%20rating%20May%202023_zpsn9hqi  dbk.png

Transfers.

As usual, there are no transfers in and we received no money for any players leaving.

2020 Youth Day.

SMR%20Youth%20Day%202023_zpsmkxe27dq.png

(23a) Fabio (SMR) (Pro) (2023).

SMR%20Fabio%202023_zpsnpckvfy4.png

Good early season Wiv. :thup:

If you can turn some of those early away draws into wins then you will be laughing.

Ciacci looks amazing and that's a phenomenal amount of money. I also inherited a young Ciacci who was good, but mine was an AML/C called Francesco and he was not a patch on your Ciacci.

That's a phenomenal amount of goals you have scored by the way. All you have to do is stop conceding quite so many and you will be laughing next season. Playoffs here you come. :thup:

Well done Col! First European silverware of the FM16 adventure.

Likewise Jimbokav. As soon as those youth players start to stablise, you will hopefully start to get closer to the other end of the table. Seems like a proper slog, but also looks more rewarding.

Archived